Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leverne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Lauren firstly shouldnt even be a part of an Indian dance based show...upar se she is trained then there again is a big bias to the co-contestants...
Such things need to be eliminated first before the voting system...
enigmatic_zephy thumbnail
Originally posted by: leverne

Lauren firstly shouldnt even be a part of an Indian dance based show...upar se she is trained then there again is a big bias to the co-contestants...

Such things need to be eliminated first before the voting system...

I don't get one thing..if anyone is trained how does it matter...every1 comes with their strengths and weaknesses..someone has popularity..someone has dancing skills..

as long as someone is a celebrity they r in the show rt?

Y to disregard someone's strengths..
leverne thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sanayafan4life

cud it not b otherwise, tht amateurish peeps like Drashti should not b part of those reality shows whre talented international dancer are part of, as it mite b insult 4 those talented dancers to compete wid those clumsy dancr 😆. . I dont get Y thse fans dun want their drashti 2 improve at dance nd compete wid talented ones. Acting mein to wo dabbu hai hi, dancing mein bhi dabbu banaogi kya😆

JDJ is for amateurs and not trained dancers...that is the reason Lauren is a misfit here...she is way superior than the others...

as far as improving in dance goes...she has improved leaps and bounds in dance...and is not at all clumsy...and she has good competition in JDJ even without lauren being there...

Regards acting...she is the best currently...in my opinion...and not dabbu like other popular actors...who cant act to save their lives
leverne thumbnail
Originally posted by: enigmatic_zephy

I don't get one thing..if anyone is trained how does it matter...every1 comes with their strengths and weaknesses..someone has popularity..someone has dancing skills..

Where am i disregarding Lauren..she is way to good to be in this show was what I said...If dancing is Lauren's strength Voting is Drashti's...why are you disregarding DD's strength? It goes both ways nai😳
Originally posted by: leverne

Where am i disregarding Lauren..she is way to good to be in this show was what I said...If dancing is Lauren's strength Voting is Drashti's...why are you disregarding DD's strength? It goes both ways nai😳

I never disregarded DD's strength..correct..it goes both ways..

But what I am trying to understand is..why in a dancing show..people ask for fair play ( non dancers..)...no one seems to account of myriad other biases in most reality shows...

As per this logic, Sid should win the contest...if you have to take away all trained dancers...most of them have taken some dance class or the other...

If the objective of a reality show is X - that is ..find the best dancer/singer/actor...then people should judge as per the show's objective ..and reality show should talk about their objective..

All of us should have enough guts to call a spade a spade..if someone is benefiting off sthg ( be it channel support, be it judge support, be it prior dancing experience..) at least fans should have the courage to owe up to that..and not randomly create baseless arguments (At times)...

How difficult is it to say..ya she/he was bad but I support her/him..

Or she/he has got undue advantage..but I support her/him..

Anyhow, wrt JDJ..atleast JDJ promotes itself as a dance show..with judges howling over that fact..

and hence when they don't stick to what they are preaching, it  indeed creates confusion in mind of the viewer and makes him feel cheated..
StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

in bold:I hope and I wish that you stand to your words in future too,people think being popular is an advantage to gain maximum votes and they ignore the efforts being made by that celebrity/contestant(specially if they are actors and new to dance) they blindly say being popular is enough and judges are biased as long as its about people who cares but judges gives marsk when a contestant dances according to their standards.

You talk about strength and weaknesses being already trained in dancing is a strength indeed , a strength more stronger than the strength of being popular.So if a trained dancer wins this competition than no one should complain but if a dancer who's popular already and also trying to good in dancing as much as he/she can(and as we all know that the efforts are always overlooked in such cases)and that efforts make that contestant win the competition than no one should complain either as you say"someone has popularity..someone has dancing skills..

Last,but not the least,what if a contestant is a good and popular actor and also a professional dancer at the same time???members will say ;what about those who are making efforts to get good in dancing?its quite obvious he/she will win the channel is biased the judges are biased the show is not about  the professional ones but for the learners of dancing.Seems like people are not happy in any case.

Wouldn't be good to treat every contestant equally and wish them luck for the competition?

I like your views and only god knows when they will change or will they remain the same.

Mallu

Originally posted by: M.Hurr

in bold:I hope and I wish that you stand to your words in future too,people think being popular is an advantage to gain maximum votes and they ignore the efforts being made by that celebrity/contestant(specially if they are actors and new to dance) they blindly say being popular is enough and judges are biased as long as its about people who cares but judges gives marsk when a contestant dances according to their standards.

You did not read my other reply..this holds true under a condition..viewer's stand is driven by the show's objective...

Here they keep harping on the dance aspect..hence i expect the judges to stand by their words..which they don't and hence its not a fair play..

either the judges don't harp abt dance..then it all fits..then I know its more of a drama contest or lets say colors propaganda...

But they do, and then they display obvious biases...

You talk about strength and weaknesses being already trained in dancing is a strength indeed , a strength more stronger than the strength of being popular.So if a trained dancer wins this competition than no one should complain but if a dancer who's popular already and also trying to good in dancing as much as he/she can(and as we all know that the efforts are always overlooked in such cases)and that efforts make that contestant win the competition than no one should complain either as you say"someone has popularity..someone has dancing skills..

Like I was saying this the other day...performances comprise of technicality and then there is the performance part..lets come to emotions.. I think lauren is way better than someone else in that dept..infact better than most of them..so should we deduce that she is more deserving because even though others have years of experience in telly world of acting..those guys can't excel her?

You can't compare strengths...a person should be smart to use his/her strengths..

If channel says it is equally abt dance (which they don't, most of the time they are harping about dance itself)...how can you disregard dance..just because it goes against your fav..?

As far as I am concerned, my stand always had been clear...if you are a staunch fan of someone..great support her/him..but then have the guts to accept that they are not best each time...

Again, I based my argument on two parameters: votes (popularity) and dance ... now there are other factors that come into the picture..no matter the source..be it someone lying, be it overpromotion, be it wrong picture being painted, be it unnecessary push..where do I account for these baises? The pciture is heavily screwed rt?

I personally don't bother with the popularity (votes)...but i do have a problem with wrong judgements...and i do have a problem when wrong things are justified..

In that way, I kind of appreciate on group..from what I have seen...they accept that their fav made mistakes..they accept the celebrity ain't the best..but they support the celebrity and know how to appreciate others..and they take comparisons well...

Because this is a dance show...its a competition, people are free to form their opinions.. and a competition by definition will have comparisons..on the performance objectives

Last,but not the least,what if a contestant is a good and popular actor and also a professional dancer at the same time???members will say ;what about those who are making efforts to get good in dancing?

That's fine..like I said..strengths are strengths..but however, if this person makes mistake..then again their fans should have the courage to say they did make mistake..

its quite obvious he/she will win the channel is biased the judges are biased the show is not about  the professional ones but for the learners of dancing.Seems like people are not happy in any case.

Do you honestly feel, that there is no bias in this show with regards to marking?..think holistically

Wouldn't be good to treat every contestant equally and wish them luck for the competition?

Which people do...but then if someone gets undeserving marks..other voice their opinion..and their starts the fight..because from what I have seen..people start abusing and justifying..instead of putting forth a logical argument..

I have usually had a clear definition of parameters..so that reduces error percentage..

If you have your parameters..put forth them..people wud be most cordial in arguing on thos technical point..

I like your views and only god knows when they will change or will they remain the same.

A human is human at the end of the day... ðŸ˜†.. he/she gets impacted by a lot of thing..

Like a paper ..when you keep rubbing it ( same thing repeated again and again)...it will chafe...you start associating certain emotions with that paper then...

ANyhow, as far as my review go, like i said.. I am quite objective..I have my rationale and my view on marking..I am no god..I can be wrong on certain dance technicalities..and there are ample people here who are very well versed in multiple danceforms..I am too..therefore..we try to discuss the dance..

Lastly, I make a lot of topics..but apparently no one ever bothers abt other but certain member specific comments...

How funny is that?

We make dance topics, we talk abt other actors, we talk abt performances, we debate other issues on JDJ ..e.g. voting system..and then people make it bat a certain individual..

You need both hands to clap..

Mallu

Edited by enigmatic_zephy - 10 years ago
StayStrong thumbnail
@enigmaticzephy:I cant agree with you on the judges being biased,when a professional dancer gets a 30 they are best judges of the world when they weren't getting 30 in the beginning they were the worst judges ,one should accept and understand  that something was missing in dance that's why he/she wasn't getting a perfect 30 bur fans think he/she deserves 30 everytime,even professional dancers can make mistakes,like you said fans of every contestant should accept their favorites with their strengths and weaknesses and when they fail to give good performance fans should face it and dont go on abusing and fighting with others.Agree!!!

how can you disregard dance..just because it goes against your fav..?

Whose disregarding dance??that's my point...if an actor can act well,popular too and dancing well and judges are happy so its very wrong and unfair with other contestants why???just because you are not a fan of that actor and supporting someone else,the show is about dance not about who is more popular and getting marks only on the basis of popularity or a channel's favorite,its how we take the things how we see it or how we want to see it.

You are questioning about disregarding the dance than why  people disregard the dance of those who are actors no sorry "popular actors"and are giving their best or trying to give their best performances???You are supporting your favorite in any case than why bothered by the decision of judges,for example you think a contestant was not deserving to reach the top 7 but yeah fans are blindly voting for them just because that contestant is their favorite actor/singer and in that case one should disregard the judgment of the judges and disregard what other viewers are saying.

Which people do...but then if someone gets undeserving marks..other voice their opinion..and their starts the fight..because from what I have seen..people start abusing and justifying..instead of putting forth a logical argument..

in bold:undeserving marks...but deserving in the eyes of judges...like I said its how we  see the performance,what you call undeserving is deserving in eyes of viewers and deserving is undeserving depends on whom you are supporting and whom you are not.Its the scores of judges we are disregarding not the dance.

About people justifying...why cant they justify and why they shouldn't? you say its about dance and people have every right to put forth their views and justifications but free of abuse and in a civilized manner and only from the dancing aspect,but the problem is even if you will try to justify in a simple manner he/she will be given the tag of a worshiper,isn't everyone entitled to their opinion? and about being abusive, there are so many ways I can explain that one but again there will be of no use because people have their own definition of justification and abuse and people often confuse abuse with justification.

We do make topics about dance,voting,performance etc but if people are hell bent to take everything personally or if a fan group take that as an offense even if the TM is simply giving her/his views and that also in a polite manner than we are clearly not at fault but when you make a topic you should keep in mind "for every action there's an equal and opposite criticism"but the criticism is not always healthy and so are the intentions of the TM.

hey hey hey hold on if you are no god than I am no worshiper😆when I said I hope you to stand to your words it was entirely my opinion.

I liked your views as long as they were unbiased.

Mallu

Originally posted by: M.Hurr

@enigmaticzephy:I cant agree with you on the judges being biased,when a professional dancer gets a 30 they are best judges of the world when they weren't getting 30 in the beginning they were the worst judges ,one should accept and understand  that something was missing in dance that's why he/she wasn't getting a perfect 30 bur fans think he/she deserves 30 everytime,even professional dancers can make mistakes,like you said fans of every contestant should accept their favorites with their strengths and weaknesses and when they fail to give good performance fans should face it and dont go on abusing and fighting with others.Agree!!!

IMO, most of the 30s on this show ..have been undeserved..😆

how can you disregard dance..just because it goes against your fav..?

Whose disregarding dance??that's my point...if an actor can act well,popular too and dancing well and judges are happy so its very wrong and unfair with other contestants why???just because you are not a fan of that actor and supporting someone else,the show is about dance not about who is more popular and getting marks only on the basis of popularity or a channel's favorite,its how we take the things how we see it or how we want to see it.

Like I said, as far as the dance is concerned, the marking is not fair..some people not just one..are getting undue advantage..they are!... Do you honestly think these 30s or 27s were well deserved? There is no consistency in judgment and parameters..

You are questioning about disregarding the dance than why  people disregard the dance of those who are actors no sorry "popular actors"and are giving their best or trying to give their best performances???

My problem is with the dancing judgements and yes..i do not agree that judges are judging only 'dance'

You are supporting your favorite in any case than why bothered by the decision of judges,for example you think a contestant was not deserving to reach the top 7 but yeah fans are blindly voting for them just because that contestant is their favorite actor/singer and in that case one should disregard the judgment of the judges and disregard what other viewers are saying.

Correct, thats what fans do..which is kind of sad..

in bold:undeserving marks...but deserving in the eyes of judges...like I said its how we  see the performance,what you call undeserving is deserving in eyes of viewers and deserving is undeserving depends on whom you are supporting and whom you are not.Its the scores of judges we are disregarding not the dance.

it has nothing to do with whom I support or I don't support..FYI i am supporting no one..I am talking abt dance..its all abt tecnhicalities..a bent knee is a bent knee..who cant 'perceive' it as a bent knee...

Deserving in eyes of judges is a valid argument if sanctity of that position and integrity is maintained..which is clearly missing..

Dance technicalities are a fact..you can't deny them..and when fact is rt in front of you..these apparently 'great' judges..can't see it..then obviously..either they aren't qualified enough..or they are being driven by some other motives..

I can say i didn't like the performance, you can say you liked the performance..that's fine..
but if shoulders are slouched, cartwheel is not perfect, spotting is messed up, someone forgets steps..there is no variety...when there are no dance steps..when someone just walks and walks and does nothing else...these things are obvious..

I don't think a competition should be considered a charity event..that marks shud be given out of sympathy...

About people justifying...why cant they justify and why they shouldn't? you say its about dance and people have every right to put forth their views and justifications but free of abuse and in a civilized manner and only from the dancing aspect,but the problem is even if you will try to justify in a simple manner he/she will be given the tag of a worshiper,isn't everyone entitled to their opinion? and about being abusive, there are so many ways I can explain that one but again there will be of no use because people have their own definition of justification and abuse and people often confuse abuse with justification.

Let me repeat my example:

salsa and bent knee..that's just wrong..basic dance rules..take the geometry box and check..knees were bent..

on a technicality front that is a flaw..then how can such a performance deserve 30/30?

You as a viewer can def like the performance..you can say that you liked it..but then if you start justifying that it was not a bent knee...where is the credibility and where is the question of mature argument?

And that is precisely what happens..

People assume a lot of things..they never research to know for sure what it means...

You heard abt a new dance form being attempted, but how many actually researched the dance form or compared to what is expected of it..and did the choreographer do justice to it..??? And people jump into justifying it..justify with the right facts..not based on hear say..

If discussion is on variety of dances...and a contestant has not displayed much growth in terms of variety..then if you justify that..how does it make sense..

Maybe a dancer is best in the crowd..but not always their choreo is mind blowing..so when the judges go all touching thou feet mode..that is disgusting..

And these are some very few examples

Voting/Popularity is not a transparent thing..there is no way to know how much of it is true..on colors..try posting a bad review, they delete it..for certain contestants..votes automatically get reduced...and a lot of funny things happen..

But what I can see..is the dance that I am shown..and hence i am in a position to ocmpare and know if integrity of the position of a judge is being maintained..or not..

We do make topics about dance,voting,performance etc but if people are hell bent to take everything personally or if a fan group take that as an offense even if the TM is simply giving her/his views and that also in a polite manner than we are clearly not at fault but when you make a topic you should keep in mind "for every action there's an equal and opposite criticism"but the criticism is not always healthy and so are the intentions of the TM.

hey hey hey hold on if you are no god than I am no worshiper😆when I said I hope you to stand to your words it was entirely my opinion.

I liked your views as long as they were unbiased.

Unbiased is a state of mind going by your logic...as per you that's a perception..and like I have realized, when i praise certain favs..till then I am tagged unbiased..the day i say i didn;t like that fav's dance..i become a hater...😆

Your and mine definition of being objective is not same..i think

Mallu

Edited by enigmatic_zephy - 10 years ago
StayStrong thumbnail