Crisp Bytes SC - 9th Aug 13 - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by mini7

Yes Kumud has become a Sherni again, but that is because she now Knows that Saras still loves her...that still gives her confidence!...so why pretend otherwise?

This is just too testing on my nerves!!!

Saras's biggest flaw is that he let his mom's suicide dicatate too much of his outlook on life.
Kumud's flaw is that she let her Dad's pride dictate too much of her outlook on life...

And we get pissofied in all this!!

Well-said, mini7!  πŸ‘
Originally posted by happychappy

πŸ˜† trying to picture that...almost as improbable as Toni trying to be bheegi billi... πŸ˜‰

A martyr is not about passive suffering or crying, it is about making great sacrifices (such as a life) for a cause (here, family)... She made this sacrifice the day she got married to an unknown quantity. There was a gamble there, P could have turned out normal and nice, he turned out opposite.  
She claims in todays conversation that She did "khilvad" with her life by trying to get Saras (a mere Weak Object?) in Her life, instead of going with Destiny's Choice aka Pramad. Whereas to me it looked like she did the "khilvad" when she (out of Her Choice?)  gambled with her life by choosing to marry DC and fulfil Her Farz, because of temporary insanity caused by the Weak Object destroying Her Atma-samman and trampling on Love.

Internal inconsistency - Why did she ever love WO? Why does WO still matter? Ah, WO is good for role of worshipper at the altar of the Goddess...

Anyway, Taking oneself too seriously is a cardinal crime ...πŸ˜’, especially when one is not Kumud Sundari...πŸ˜ƒ  So onward we forge, after one more delete and erase.

BTW, @Hgg,  what happened in Amar Prem?

@ red, yes one of her answers that I did not like. All that fate and kismet sounded defeatist, so ya some confused thoughts there. 

In amar prem, Rajesh Khanna maroed the forum ka fav dialogue, Pushpa I hate tearsπŸ˜‰

Actually, sharmila was married and thrown out by her husband, and landed in a brothel, became Rajesh khanna's mistress.

Rajesh k was caught in a loveless marriage 

Rajesh k and Sharmila find true love, they also meet a child, who is treated cruelly by stepmom. 

The three live for a while like a family, happy and complete, tho they all technically had their own family,

Till the end, they remain apart yet together in love! 
Originally posted by sraskumud

--for whom.. naveenji actually work...???-- bd , alak  or kumud.. always dealing with prblms of kumud...let her be alone 2 have  sum peace of mind.. let her figure out as what she is doing..but i guess no matter how much she give bhasan abt her decisions n choice ..both of them r concerned with each other only..
-- givng a chance n forgiving is 2 diffrnt things.. no matter how much kumud try 2 ...  marriage wont work until n unless pramad also wiiling 2 do so..it cannot happen n matter of second.or hour...this drama will go on for long tym...he needs 2 come clear whether he is total evil n dnt wont kumud on anycase..or there is some other side of him which can raise possibility of change ...n make new start...sumwhere both of them dont deserve kumud.at all,,,pramad dnt even deserve also..until unless .yeh sudhare..but  he'll never be a good husband that's it...

-- why alak ? why not kumud is given a oppurtinity...where is women empowerment n all..tbh i dnt like this happng n show..novel was done in 19th century...but this is 21stcentury..

@bold : well said, agree with you on that! 
Nice post
Liked the precap
Originally posted by arshicritic

@ red, yes one of her answers that I did not like. All that fate and kismet sounded defeatist, so ya some confused thoughts there.
In amar prem, Rajesh Khanna maroed the forum ka fav dialogue, Pushpa I hate tearsπŸ˜‰

Actually, sharmila was married and thrown out by her husband, and landed in a brothel, became Rajesh khanna's mistress.

Rajesh k was caught in a loveless marriage 

Rajesh k and Sharmila find true love, they also meet a child, who is treated cruelly by stepmom. 

The three live for a while like a family, happy and complete, tho they all technically had their own family,

Till the end, they remain apart yet together in love! 

to add to arshi's synopsis...in Amar Prem they did not show any physical intimacy between Rakesh K & Sharmila...after a few scenes their relationship was depicted as more platonic & meeting of minds ...

Arshi, great song choice.

Today's highlights were: our head-strong Kumud is back.

Kumud: I agreed every word she said today. When she married she never thought Pramad will have such character. She married to a person whom her father wanted to get married if Saras proposal hadn't come. I don't think she was trying to become martyr and save her family. In her full conscious she married to a respectable family. Now what is done is done...rather than crying and going back to her family...she chooses to stay and fight for her right. She knows her in-laws love and respect her. She think Pramad made a mistake...that could be rectified. Running away from a problem is not a solution to that problem. If she leave BD house , will that solve the problem? No, I don't think so. In that era, divorce and remarry was out of question. She has to give try and make the marriage work. She is going to stand up for all violence. It will be interesting too see how she fixes Kalika and Pramad.

Saras: You asked the same question that we all wanted to know...and like you were admiring her...we too loved her today.

Jenny and GR- 10/10 today.

Originally posted by arshicritic

I though that was powerful statement. It was her/Saras fate that Saras couldnt reach on time and she marriaed Pramad. She married to a person who is from respectable family and had proposed her. She said she tried to change her fate by making her own choice to marry Saras...and look what happened. She is now telling her fate to run second chance...she has nothing to lose now. I would called her martyy or "khilvad", if she had married Pramad knowing what kind of person is he.
Arshi,

Lovely CB, will catch up and try to assimilate all the CB discussion of the week over the weekend.  

It was an utter confusing week, trying to fit in various theories proposed here. I expected all the answers to be provided, in SC style. Wish was granted today to an extent.

Still the queries remain about morality and principles. 

As me being someone who professionally comes across domestic violence and trained to be sensitive and supportive..i am still trying not to be judgmental on Kumud's actions.  Death statements are given to hide abuse,  in the real world out there,  Right or wrong, we learn along in life,  respecting someone for their decision.
No decision is right or wrong as long as it concurred to her morals and principles. Ethics has large grey areas though to debate.

Experienced people who I 've come across, who deal and help the people with these on day to day basis are totally non judgemental about these issues. 

CV's were kind enough to spell it out from Kumud's side today, what her terms and conditions were. More happy she spelt out that she knew what was wrong. That would be the first step, she will fight her battles.

Sorry to barge in a reply to various degrees of tempers flying here, Arshi.. In no way, we can prevent these things in the world, can only build a support structure and awareness around it. 
Physical emotional abuse is not confined to any ethnicity, gender, culture, strata of the society. The same is true elsewhere in the world. Not an exclusive Indian women's problem. Asking why she is not walking out will not address the issue. She has to figure it out. She has to set a line for herself. 

Morality of in laws hiding things before marriage. Not right though. May be CV's will provide some answers for that.
Self harm, large red flags for suicide intentions. Dear, CV's stop it please.

Alpha is Kumud's dominant personality, Hgg's theory is working out.
Explaining renunciation, in literature many psychological theories are put forth to explain. I cannot fully comprehend.. Will make time in life to learn about it. Thanks to Smrth.
I cannot explain why rishta nibhana(without pyaar) takes a precedence and priority over pyaar nibhana in Kumud's world. But i guess it is the core dilemma in the story. 
. Lovely to see everyone's post. Lovely to enjoy new terminologies, I'm learning here. 

Originally posted by P020167

I thought that was powerful statement. It was her/Saras fate that Saras couldnt reach on time and she married Pramad. She married to a person who is from respectable family and had proposed her. She said she tried to change her fate by making her own choice to marry Saras...and look what happened. She is now telling her fate to run second chance...she has nothing to lose now. I would called her martyy or "khilvad", if she had married Pramad knowing what kind of person is he.

Isnt this is a common fallacy, esp  in "arranged marriages"... assuming that family quality is a guarantee of personal quality?

Never works like that, which is why every parent worth their salt will also try to run independent background checks on the groom.  In that sense, marrying P at no notice at all, was an extremely risky sort of gamble, whereas most "traditional" arranged marriages are lower-risk gambles, depending on  efforts made towards due diligence . VC did nothing, whereas BD already knew about Kumud being a gem. 

Of course any kind of marriage, even non-arranged, can be a gamble, if one of the parties is out to deceive  the other, but Kumud's was probably off-the-scale in terms of risk!! 
Originally posted by hotdogg

@smrth...mystery is solved...it was her choice ...poore hosha hawaas mein...

this is an adaptation I really like...

New fear >>> What if SLB turns this not into a HDDCS but an Amar Prem????

Yes Hgg bhai, mystery is solved,as much as they chose to 'adapt' and veer from not only source but also from what they themselves have showed. Suggest you to look marriage episode once again if you have time.
But objectively analysing even only today's 'choice'; actually it incorporated all the reasons that we have been citing as operative 'COMPULSIONS! let us remember, her answer was for a 'jaldabazi'- 1)  "ek din pahele mera rishta tuta...shadi ke din samaj ko mere maa bapu ko jawab na dena pade isi liye..." 2) "mere Chhote bhai baheno ka kya hota...( not showed 'khoti kaki et al' dot)  3) "Meri kismet me yahi tha..."
Sir, Remember? In last post, i had viewed this 'decision' as Acceptance. 'Decision', as much as acceptance of ground reality. And as much 'willing' as a salvaging resignation to that reality...she spoke, "Though my dreams were shattered, I have an obligation- duty to my parents."...and we were  analysing a free willing choice as many were 'crediting' her of- against a certain exculpability at other end.πŸ˜†
There is a also subtle strategy catering another contingency. For her, much serious and grave...a devoted daughter's valiant attempt to take away onus of 'decision' from a majorly erring father. For can we honestly believe this subtle 'usurpation of the 'coat and tie' that squarely 'belongs' to a - repeat- majorly erring father?!..her conscious or subconscious Preemptive move; she would soften a body blow of 'realisation' and absolution to a sinking father in whatever degree of mitigation that she may recoup. (objective base; her fierce protection of her father throughout the story. And, "Pramaad ki galtiyon ke liye apne ma bapu ke paas ansu nahi bahaogi") Also, we will see this when VC will start showing 'regret' and lament in her presence.
As for a steadiness, confidence required for an actual 'self decision', she scowled at very beginning, ' you had broken me'.🀒

About the misgivings you have mentioned;(lined)
Now as the track is unfolding, they sure will emphasise 'decisive' Kumud. They may well turn this into a popular, kumud and ex/current beau front against 'domestic violence' etc. Good for a 'message'. But sorry puritans, it never is a point in this story. Besides, for all jingoism, don't see how honest would be a self effacing (marriage) turned assertive- beatification of a character that may well cater a politically correct messages in a good visibility medium, but in the process, veers too far off from the natural course of the original story. Or else, ideally, let us get her marching/walking off from the 'sham' marriage, straight into waiting arms, and a fine slap in the face of spurious Dhans and belittling DV...
But wait, since they are 'also' following a 'written fiction', let's see, how now they are shaping a 'choosing' Kumud, preserving at least some nuances of original conflict as given in the source- her 'non choice' and her original 'choice'. Which has ultimately induced a certain pivotal point of the story leading to act 3.
We may then have better picture how much 'originality' they have had discarded to TRP complying, politically correct, diversions.
 Meanwhile, a bow to your figuring power, sir.😊

Edited by smrth - 10 years ago