Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FastFuriousgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

*Hidden Treasure"

There are so many things we will never see...so many things we will never do...but the one thing everyone is looking for i have found in you...we have shared memory after memory...tear after tear...laugh after laugh...we never cease to have a great time...just enjoying each others company...the bonding that we have done made us friends...our hearts made us the Best of friends

Everyone looks at us giggling and laughing sometimes without a word ever spoken...and they just watch in amazement because they have searched for this very thing a loving... caring... trusting... bonding... friendship

We seem to have a connection no one else has. ive called you just when you needed me to and you've done the same for me...were not afraid to show each other our tears on lonely nights

Im not exactly sure of the time, date, or place of when we became best friends but unlike a birthday or holiday we will celebrate it year round...day and nite and in everything we do...

So i think we have won against all odds i found a friend who i can call a real true friend my best friend...so to this rare jewel...thanks and i love you.

The greatest challenge in life is to find someone who knows all your flaws, differences, and mistakes, and yet still sees the best in you.

When you meet someone who makes you laugh for hours about the stupidest things you know you've found your best friend.

Friends...
-A good friend will be there to help you up when you trip
-Your best friend is the S.O.B that tripped you in the first place, then laughed
- A good friend only comes over when invited
- You best friend shows up, walks in and cleans out the freezer
- A good friend will help you get out of a tight spot
- Your best friend will stand by your side with a bat
- A good friend will comfort you when you're sad
- Your best friend will take you out to a bar and get you hammered
- A good friend will offer you good advice
- Your best friend will do the above(but also offers a bat)
- A good friend will offer you a ride if you need one
- Your best friend will just say;" Well, looks like you're S.O.L"
- A good friend will put up the late night calls
- Your best friend says;" Screw off!!"
- A good friend will bail you outa jail
- Your best friend will be there next to you saying;" Let's try that again."

I miss you.

I miss the words you used to say. I miss the way you used to greet me in the hallways with that smile, and I would just blush and walk away.

I miss the texts you used to send me, making me smile, and making my life a little bit more happier.

You knew everything about me. It was just so easy to tell you everything, without getting judged.

I miss the nicknames, the sayings we had, and all the small little things you would do.

You always made me laugh, smile, and love you even more. You always knew when i was mad, upset or sad, and were always there.

I miss the compliments, the Facebook obsessions, but most of all, I miss the, "I love you."

I miss the advice. I could talk to you about anything, anywhere, anytime. We were so close.

I miss hanging out with you. I even miss the small things I used to hate about you.

You told me you would never leave, we would always be best friends, and that you could never replace me.
.. yeah well, you lied.

There was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had been given three months to live. So as she was getting her things "in order," she contacted her Pastor and had him come to her house to discuss certain aspects of her final wishes. She told him which songs she wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she would like read, and what outfit she wanted to be buried in.

Everything was in order and the Pastor was preparing to leave when the young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her. "There's one more thing," she said excitedly.

"What's that?" came the Pastor's reply.

"This is very important," the young woman continued. "I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand."

The Pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to say.

"That surprises you, doesn't it?" the young woman asked.

"Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the request," said the Pastor.

The young woman explained. "My grandmother once told me this story, and from that time on I have always tried to pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of encouragement. In all my years of attending socials and dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean overand say, 'Keep your fork.' It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming...like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and with substance! 'So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder 'What's with the fork?'" Then I want you to tell them: "Keep your fork ..the best is yet to come."

The Pastor's eyes welled up with tears of joy as he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before her death. But he also knew that the young woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did. She had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge. She KNEW that something better was coming.

At the funeral people were walking by the young woman's casket and they saw the cloak she was wearing and the fork placed in her right hand. Over and over, the Pastor heard the question, "What's with the fork?" And over and over he smiled. During his message, the Pastor told the people of the conversation hehad with the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them about the fork and about what it symbolized to her. He told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it either. He was right.

So the next time you reach down for your fork let it remind you, ever so gently, that the best is yet to come. Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to opentheirhearts to us.Show your friends how much you care. Remember to always be there for them, even when you need them more. For you never know when it may be their time to "Keep your fork." Cherish the time you have, and the memories you share ... being friends with someone is not an opportunity but a sweet responsibility. Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND even if it means sending back to the person who sent it to you. And keep your fork.

I'll always be beside you, until the very end.
Wiping all your tears away, being your best friend.
I'll smile when you smile, and feel the pain you do.
And if you cry a single tear, I promise I'll cry too.

Even though from here on in,
our paths may change,
our lives may vary,
and our encounters less frequent,
there will always be the memories,
which bind us togeather,
memories of love, friendship and trust,
years comprised of joy, sadness and laughter,
experiences which could only be felt with the heart,
and times which live on forever in our thoughts,
and you see my friend,
even if we ever drift apart in our hectic lives,
remember this,
you mean so much to me and will ALWAYS be a friend for Life.

You know someone is really your friend when you can have a big smile on your face, and they still know something's wrong.

You're my best friend for a reason. You might annoy me sometimes, and you might hurt me. You're not perfect... perfection doesn't exist. But i learned to see past the flaws and take you for who you are. And you're worth all the tears. That's why I'm still here... why i always will be.