Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Chain FF/OS- Love knows no reason - update PG 141

Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Okay, this forum has so many talented writers. An experiment at writing a serial FF has already been successfully attempted once. Suvika and Libra re-scripted when they got tired of the goings on in the show. So, what I am suggesting is nothing new. I am asking the writers of this forum, both the acknowledged and unacknowledged, to come together in an experiment. Since we are constantly dissing writers for butchering shows, let us see how better we fare! And don't feel restricted by language. English or Hindi is fine. 

So, I am going to write the first chapter here. I am hoping that any one of you will take up from where I leave and continue with the story. So, the chain shall continue. Till, we reach The End. Looking forward to exciting reading. So here goes!

Love knows no reason!

"Do you think she will survive?"

"Pata nahi...but I think it is tough...I mean she is a doctor,...she should have a clue as to how many sleeping pills will do the job!"

"Seriously...I never imagined Dr Nidhi would do something like this!"

Dr Ashutosh froze in mid stride.

He had just come out of the OT, after a gruelling seven hour surgery! Not that it was new to him but somehow, he seemed to feel even more weary than normal. Clearly, he was getting old! Whatever, could weariness actually make you hear things that were not being said?

The idly gossiping ward boys began to quiver in fear as he turned to stare at them.

The dean of KGH was a formidable man. Dr Ashutosh Mathur was something of a legend in Lucknowi medical circles. At thirty eight, he had already gained the reputation of being among the country's best neurosurgeons. He was often called on to head teams that performed neurosurgeries on the country's biggest VIPs. While his colleagues marvelled at his skills, they could not help being wary of his fearsome temper. He was not known to put up with even the slightest amount of slacking and was utterly and completely dedicated to his profession. The only chink in his armour, if you could call it that, was his fondness for the ladies. His retinue of girl friends had included a Bollywood actress or two, if gossip was to be believed. He had been working in Mumbai before he had shifted to Lucknow, ust two months ago, to care for his ailing mother.

"What are you talking about?"

The ward boys stared at each other guiltily before one of them rushed to fill him in.

" Sir...Dr Nidhi attempted suicide...!"

Ashutosh was stunned! 

"What rubbish...wasn't it her mehndi or something today?"

"Yes Sir...the function was to begin soon...but she locked herself up in her room and took an overdose of sleeping pills!"

Jesus, what a mess! What a bloody mess!

"Where is she now?"

"Sir,..they have taken her to the ER...but maybe she won't..."

Ashutosh had heard enough. His long strides were already taking him towards the ER now.

What was she? All of twenty five? The bloody idiot thought her life was over? How could she do something so stupid? How could a doctor think to take her life? He wished he could take hold of her and give her a good shake. How could she think to do this to herself and her family?

Nothing in this world was worth giving up your life for! Nothing at all!

He would have never thought she'd have the guts for something like this. He did not think she had enough spirit in the first place for her to give it up. He still remembered her shy and nervous smile when she had first been introduced to him. He had been told that, behind the quiet demeanour, she was a very good doctor! There were a couple of instances when she had worked with him. He had been impressed by her diagnostic skills and her unflappable temperament in the face of a medical crisis. Her lack of personal confidence clearly did not spill over into the professional terrain.

Why did she have to do this? She was getting married to her childhood sweetheart! Surely, they would be happy together! Why was this not enough for her? Why did she have to queer the pitch? Why did she have to do this to...?

His thoughts broke as he realized he had reached the ER. Her family was there, all of them still dressed in their wedding best. That tall, thin young man in fancy dress - he was probably her fianc..

Just as he was about to walk into the ER, Dr Sanjay Mehta stepped out. He was one of KGH's senior most physicians. 

The family gathered around him nervously.

"Please don't worry...she is out of danger!"

Ashutosh felt almost lightheaded with relief. 

"Doctor...has she regained consciousness...can we see her?"

The young man sounded broken. Ashutosh could not help feeling sorry for him.

"She has...don't worry...but...!"

Dr Mehta seemed to sense his presence almost. He turned to his left towards where Ashutosh stood. Was that censure that he saw in Dr Mehta's eyes?

Ashutosh shrugged his shoulders. She was safe and that was enough. He had other things to be doing now!

He turned and began to stride away when Dr Mehta called out to him.

"Doctor Mathur...a minute please!"

Ashutosh turned around in surprise. What did Dr Mehta want with him now? 

"Dr Nidhi...she is asking for you...!"

Suvika's update -  

Sujatha Rao's update -  

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
I am asking the writers of this page, both the acknowledged and unacknowledged, to come together in an experiment. Since we are constantly dissing writers for butchering shows, let us see how better we fare!

^^ a challenge!!! eh!! 😉😆

Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Originally posted by: mudraswathi

I am asking the writers of this page, both the acknowledged and unacknowledged, to come together in an experiment. Since we are constantly dissing writers for butchering shows, let us see how better we fare!

^^ a challenge!!! eh!! 😉😆

Mudra...challenge Hota toh...I would not have written the first part na...call it a workshop maybe...where all of us participate ðŸ˜†
Suvika. thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
requests not working so now Sujathaji is outright challenging huh!! ðŸ˜† and bribing us with the first chapter ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†Edited by Suvika. - 10 years ago
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Originally posted by: Suvika.

requests not working so now Sujathaji is outright challenging huh!! ðŸ˜† and bribing us with the first chapter ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

Incentive yaar...bribe is a bad word ðŸ˜†...waise I notice the review culture has changed...people are writing paras and paras of reviews...so maybe there are more writers here than we know ðŸ˜‰
Edited by Sujatha.rao - 10 years ago
Suvika. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sujatha.rao

Incentive yaar...bribe is a bad word ðŸ˜†...waise I notice the review culture has changed...people are writing paras and paras of reviews...so maybe there are more writers here than we know ðŸ˜‰

true..i keep telling Aarti to start writing something..she is travelling now toh aajkal she is MIA..

wonder who is going to take up the next chapter...waiting...
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

true..i keep telling Aarti to start writing something..she is travelling now toh aajkal she is MIA..

[/QUOTE

Aha...passing the buck I see...and here I was hoping for the honour of co-writing with Suvika Ji...

Suvika. thumbnail

[

[/QUOTE

Aha...passing the buck I see...and here I was hoping for the honour of co-writing with Suvika Ji...

🤣 honour!!! 

Subah subah aur koi mila nahi kya Su..ja..Sujathaji?? ðŸ˜†
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

🤣 honour!!! 

Subah subah aur koi mila nahi kya Su..ja..Sujathaji?? ðŸ˜†

Arre yaar...Aap nahi maante toh Kya...mere liye toh honour hi hai...aaj tak Maine kabhi co-write nahi kiya...Maine socha to make a beginning from here...and you are not willing to partake in my experiment 
Suvika. thumbnail

the storyline is a challenge in itself and on top of that you started the FF with Nidhi's attempted suicide..i am like.. at the mere thought of taking this one fwd..