Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by sharadrocks

@ilovedhanjanird

I did not say physical want was what drove him into Ovi's arms. All I said was his love for Purvi does not cease to exist because he sleeps with Ovi or vice versa. I agree with you that Arjun's problem is he is emotionally weak. He finds it difficult to hurt people he cares for upfront but anyway, ends up hurting them in the long run. He is a confused, weak man.

Believe me, I have no great respect for such a man. I just don't see the need to hate him. Understanding his motives and justifying his actions are two different things. I was merely doing the former.

If you ask me, at this point in time, Arjun and Ovi are better people because they have faced up to their mistakes and are trying to rectify them. Purvi is still living in the bubble that is her family's bhalai. She is toying with ARJUN's emotions one again and seems not to be thinking enough about her daughter's future and her interests. My biggest problem with Purvi currently is that she is putting the world ahead of her daughter. This is abnormal because any mother would put her children ahead of the world. If you can't responsibility for the welfare of the one you have brought into this world, your commitment to the welfare of the world seems hollow!

Ovi is an adult at the end if the day. And she has been a party to the deal. In my opinion, the person whom Purvi has betrayed the most is Pari. As a foetus and an infant, it is her motehr's responsibility to protect her rights. Purvi has the right to place Archana's happiness above her own but does she have the right to deny Pari her rights? This is my biggest grouse with the character!

I completely agree with this! I agree that many people were hurt by this deal, marriage, baby swap and they ALL share blame (Arjun, Ovi, Purvi, Onir for the baby swap, Archana).

The ONLY person who is truly innocent is Pari. She deserves a mother who puts her first. But time after time, Purvi has not put Pari first. She should be her very first priority but instead the little baby has been the biggest victim of this whole debacle.
@ilovedhanjanird

With Archana's upbringing and Ekta's ashirwaad, Pari will be another self sacrificing dolt who will go around messing with everybody's lives. I do not expect anything better from Ekta!
I don't think Arjun is crticised for loving someone and sleeping with someone else ...he did NOT do it without a choice but WITH  a clear cut choice , many many times . Nobody would have faulted him so much if he had filed for divorce . He did not . He went and told absolute LIES to the wife who was about to move on that We can make this work when he had no intention or capability to make it work just bcoz his ex influenced him . If u don't have that capability , say so and move out . What Ovi did today could have been done by Arjun a long time back , without bringing a child in the picture . He did not . He is not just a flawed human being anymore , he has crossed that line and become a jerk . And Purvi , well , she is a criminal . It is the union of a jerk and a criminal ...but i don't think the criminal will have him . She will dump the jerk yet again .
I dont see the need to feel sorry for Pari. Shes certainly not in dire straits anymore. In fact she never was...
Fact is, she already has her father's name attached to hers. Arjun named her Pari Kirloskar at the Naamkaran ceremony... at that time she was thought to be Arjun and Ovi's baby. 
But now, even though her real mother has been revealed, still her identity as Pari Kirloskar has not changed! Will never change!
 Thats why when polio booth ladies or the security guard asked the baby's name, Arjun could confidently say Pari Kirloskar. But the problem is with Purvi's identity as Pari's mother as shes not married to Arjun. So its Purvi who is in an awkward position, not Pari! 
As of now, Pari is in a very comfortable situation, shes in a loving home, with doting grandparents, aunt and uncle, even Savita has softened towards her. 
Even in utero, Pari was never at risk. Purvi was working in a school in Kolkata and even if Onir had not married her, she would have given birth as a single mother and brought Pari up with pride and dignity. When Onir married Purvi and promised to give his name to her child, Pari's future was already secured. Then later, when Pari was donated at birth to Ovi and Arjun, she got a new set of loving parents. Later, even when she was in the chawl, she had another set of loving parents. As far as love, affection or caring goes, I dont think Pari was ever neglected. Except for a short while, after Ovi left, when Arjun and DK left her at home, in the care of the inefficient and callous nanny. ðŸ˜†
And Please, I dont agree that Pari was left with strangers by Purvi...in that case, all of us have left our babies with strangers at some time or other, with babysitters, caregivers, etc. That means all of us are BAD mothers! ðŸ˜†
Edited by pallavi25 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by sherma

sacrifice?wat is a sacrifice for u?i feel sacrifice is sumting whn a person whole heartedly gives her thing to another to make sum1 happy without any motive,wat purvi did had a motive,she dint sacrifice for ovi happiness,she did it fr archu happiness.it was the deal made by dem,chal if u still wannt to name as sacrifice,who was happy in it-arjun-ovi was having a bad marriage,purvi was pregnant,evn armaan wldnt b togethr unless savita truth wld b out.i agree to dis also ovi dint do any sacrifice but she never claimed that either,unlike purvi.but watever ovi did dint hurt any1 except herself,she is inn depression,she is all alone,she lost her baby,arjun-purvi are still romancing in rains.if we really want to knw wat is sacrifice is we shld see onir.he luvs purvi but still lettng her go fr pari,he lost her license cause of purvi,he is in streets cause of her,but we dint see any episode where he blames purvi.

i agree with u what u told this is truth what arjun did for purvi always claim to purvi and what purvi did even a wrong step she always claim it is  bhalayie for ovi but in that mess out these three person eually wrong but never agree with it. the only person paid for this stupidness is onir but never he blamed purvi or other for this even he never realized purvi that for purvi he lost his liceance . this is called  real  sacrifies what onir did...what arjun did its in my opnion wrong, forcefully or his weakness...not sacrifies...
No , i haven't left my babies with roadside strangers whom i was suspicious of . Neither have , i prefer to believe , the group i discuss the daily show with . I have no doubts that it is 'normal' in the 'changed India' though .
I feel sorry for Pari for being the VICTIM in all of this. A baby when she grows, knows her mom's touch, who had she known? Ovi right? 
And then after 2 months, it is revealed she is Purvi's baby. Of course, Ovi rejected her (hence she could not be breastfed anymore) and Arjun, with absolutely no single handed experience in children was left with her responsibility. Now with progressing time , Pari probably knows it's Purvi who is her mother. For all her parents' carelessness the poor baby was sick, kidnapped etc. I do not know how it works in India, but in Bangladesh (where I am from) we would have copies of photographs of all our workers and my mom would have it checked over by the local police station. Here, I have been doing the personal worker job for a year now (special needs child) I  have my criminal record check done etc. 
So I don't think my mom or any of you guys here have ever entrusted your kids without a background check on the worker. 

Pari might have a surname of her father, love from the grandparents but do you think Pari if she grows up and learns how her mom gave her to her so called sister without her knowledge she will be happy?

If a mother can abandon her child, who should be her FIRST priority, then she can do anything. Purvi is not physically abusive, she is mentally abusive. I think Pari will most probably have mental health issues when she grows up. Thanks to her mom. 
When it comes to sacrifice people misunderstand. I dont think purvi made any sacrifice when it comes to arjun and ovi. It was a choice. She chose her mother's happiness over hers. She could live without arjun ( she actually left the town and in flashbacks when she was in that orphanage she was actually happy).But she cant be happy seeing her mom losing her husband. Even when she left, part of it was because she was pregnant and she didnt want to create havoc. I dont call that sacrifice either. The only one who deserves the title sacrificial lamb is none other than arjun.. I dont think i need to explain why because you already did. I liked the part where you said humans shouldnt be treated as belongings and poor arjun has been seen only as a thing where they grab it when they want and dispose it when they are done with it. Which is the reason why i think he should not be with purvi either because theres no guarantee that if something like this happens again she wont throw him under the bus for her family again.
she will be throwing him again renuka . Just wait till she knows Onir 'sacrificed' and see her transformation into Aishwarya Rai . I wonder what she will be wearing when she runs , a ghagra or a sari which she will lift cutely to her ankles or like a ghaati till her knees and i sure hope her horse hair wig won't fall off as she runs . Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 10 years ago
The babysitters parents in the US hire are mostly high school students who dont have background checks. Just recommendation letters from other parents. So that means all these parents who are leaving their kids with these teenagers are all BAD parents! 
In India, mothers often leave their kids with servants or maid-servants of the house as they have to go run errands. These servants have no background checks and may mistreat or abuse the kids but the parents dont worry abt such things.
 In India, kids are allowed to play outside the building without supervision, with every danger of being kidnapped. But parents there dont seem to be bothered with such possibilities. 
In the US we wont allow our kids to play outside by themselves even for a few mins because of all the horrible news we read in the papers and see on TV. But in India that is not the case, Ive seen building kids playing outside all by themselves. Ive seen babies left with maid servant while the mom goes shopping. Nobody worries abt these things so much there...and there is a tendency to trust other people in general.