Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
credit: sweetsuju:

No 'Fitoor' for Sushant Singh Rajput

New Launch in Hinjewadi
1BHK From 34.3 L & 2BHK From 54 L   At 3rd Avenue Life Republic Pune liferepublic.in/Call-020-6689-5952
Read more on:    No 'fitoor' For Sushant Singh Rajput

New Launch by Panchshil
3/4 BHK Podium Apartments & Villas   Limited Time Special Launch Offer!PanchshilTowers.com/New-Launch-Pune

Amanora Park Town, Pune
1 to 5 BHK Residential Apartments   in 400 Acres of Integrated TownshipAmanora.com/Homes-in-Hadapsar

Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who debuted in Bollyood with Abhishek Kapoor's "Kai Po Che", won't be seen in the director's next film "Fitoor" due to date problems.

"Sushant wanted to do Shekar Kapur's 'Paani' as well as Abhishek's 'Fitoor'. Sushant requested Abhishek to postpone the date of his film 'Fitoor' and has perhaps disappointed him. So now Sushant is no more part of 'Fitoor' and Abhishek is hunting for the leading actor for his film," a source told IANS.

Katrina Kaif has been finalized as the female lead for "Fitoor", an adaptation of Charles Dickens classic "Great Expectations". The film will be produced by Ekta Kapoor.

A statement from Sushant's spokesperson confirmed the news.

"Sushant will not be doing 'Fitoor'. The film, for which he had allotted dates this year and kept himself free, has shifted from its original October 2013 schedule to March 2014 and now to July 2014. It now clashes with his dates allotted for 'Paani' due to which he had to let it go. He hopes to collaborate with Abhishek on some project in the future," said the statement.

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Credit luvsushita23...PR Forum

Aditya instead of Sushant?

The Aashiqui 2 actor is slated to replace Abhishek Kapoor's protege in Fitoor

Upala KBR

It is now confirmed that Sushant Singh Rajput has opted out of his mentor and Kai Po Che! director Abhishek Kapoor's next Fitoor. A sources close to the newbie hints that he was politely elbowed out of the film. That a situation was created where he had no option but to leave the film, "It is almost as if they didn't want him to do the film so they kept postponing it till his dates clashed with another film and he was left with no option but to back off."
When asked the reason behind wanting Sushant out, the insider says, "Fitoor is being produced by UTV and they now want Aditya Roy Kapoor to do the film. They also produced Abhishek Kapoor's last film so the director was not in the best position to negotiate." Continues the insider, "When Sushant was signed for Fitoor the film was being produced by Balaji and was to start this month. Then the film changed hands and came to UTV. Sushant was waiting for it to start, then in August Abhishek told Sushant that the script was undergoing some changes and they wouldn't start shooting in October. When Sushant asked when they would start, he was told: Next year but we can't confirm exactly when."
In the meantime, Sushant signed Shekhar Kapur's Paani and Yashraj Film's Byomkesh. He was then told that his dates were needed for July 2014. But Sushant had already committed dates for Paani in July. 
Adds the source, "Last week, Sushant met Abhishek and requested him to shift the shooting dates of Fitoor to October next year but the director said that they couldn't do that. Because his dates had to match those of the leading lady Kartine Kaif, who has given the green signal for July 2014. Now it is being made to look like Sushant has ditched Gattu for Paani but it isn't like that.
Aditya was waiting in the wings to step into Sushant's Fitoor role. An announcement is expected to come from UTV in the next week. It's all very hush-hush right now as they are waiting for Katrina's nod to Aditya which shouldn't be a problem as he already has the super hit Aashiqui 2 tucked under his belt.
A source associated with Fitoor says, "That Aditya is the younger brother of CEO of UTV Motion Pictures, Siddharth Roy Kapoor, could simply be a coincidence. Fact remains that Aditya is hugely popular and he gets films on his own merit. Siddharth is not the kind of a guy to use his position and power to push his family. If that were the case, he would have done it before when Aditya was sitting as home for four years. And not now when he is a star in his own right. this could just be a business decision. There is no conspiracy theory."
[email protected]

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Tfs all articles of SSR... 😃
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Credit luvsushita23

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Credit: Bonne ðŸ˜ƒ

Man of the moment

Sushant Singh Rajput is working with the top banners in the industry and making a mark in Bollywood, says Chitra Anand Papnai

• Styliing: Nitasha Gaurav; Make-Up: Rohini Foregard; Hair: Arif from Hakim's Aalim

It's a treacherous journey from the small screen to the big bad world of movies. But Sushant Singh Rajput, who was once a household name playing Manav Deshmukh on Ekta Kapoor's serial Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV, has had a dream debut on the rough and tough silver screen.

His debut film Kai Po Che!, based on Chetan Bhagat's The 3 Mistakes of My Life, was a rip-roaring hit and his latest Yash Raj release Shuddh Desi Romance did close to Rs 7 crore business on the first day itself and about Rs 46 crore till mid-October. "Right now it's the most exciting phase in my career because I'm getting the opportunity to work with filmmakers who know why they are telling a particular story and strongly believe in it," says Rajput ebulliently.

Success begets success in the movie world and it goes without saying that the offers are pouring and Rajput is now highly sought after by the industry's top directors. He has already signed up for movies like Shekhar Kapur's Paani, Dibakar Banerjee's Byomkesh Bakshi and Rajkumar Hirani's Peekay " for which he has finished shooting his part.

• Rajput's last film, Shuddh Desi Romance, did rip-roaring business and made nearly Rs 7 crore on the very first day of its release

"Among the young stars on the block you can say Rajput is leading the pack with his talent, marketability and the fact that big directors want to cast him in their films," says film critic Sai Ramachandran.

Adds movie industry expert, Komal Nahta: "Rajput is being called the next big thing because he is a very fine and natural actor who performs with such ease that you forget that he is acting. And once an actor does a Yash Raj film, the industry starts looking at him seriously because Aditya Chopra is known to spot great talent."

Inevitably, the young actor has already been labelled the Next Big Star but Rajput is not taking this tag too seriously and is instead taking each day as it comes and focusing on shooting. "As much as I want to take credit for the success of my films, I can't, because as an actor you can give your 100 per cent but nine out of 10 things are not in your hands. I think I have been fortunate that rest of the things worked out fine," he says with becoming modesty.

But the world is moving rapidly for him. He has done his bit for Rajkumar Hirani's Peekay alongside Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma and next month he will start shooting for Dibakar Banerjee's Byomkesh Bakshi. Rajput reckons that this one month before shooting begins is crucial for the movie. "I think the preparation which goes into perfecting the character before the shoot is the trickier phase than actually shooting for it," says the actor, who has already spent weeks in Calcutta researching and figuring out how to play the fictional detective.

"To play Byomkesh Bakshi you have to go back to the past and work on the body language and many other aspects because the movie depicts the Calcutta of 1940s," reasons Rajput.

• The actor met his ladylove Ankita Lokhande on the sets of teleserial Pavitra Rishta; (top) the 14th International Indian Film Academy awards held in Macau this year saw Rajput flaunt his dancing skills

Soon after he finishes with Byomkesh..., Rajput will head to the sets of Shekhar Kapoor's Paani which is scheduled to start shooting next year, Paani is a dark story about the water crisis that is likely to overtake India and the world in coming years.

Sitting in a small glass cabin in Yash Raj Studios, the actor takes occasional sips of coffee and looks remarkably casual as he talks about his journey into the limelight. Rajput is keenly aware of the newly found fame and adulation but says that hasn't touched his life very much yet. He says acting was always a passion and he never really made a conscious decision to enter TV or Bollywood.

He started by testing out his feet on the dance-floor and that snowballed into a passion in which he was determined to excel. Once Rajput had become a master of the dance-floor he began to think about the nitty-gritty of acting.

Today the critics have labelled him a great actor who emotes well on the big screen but the actor says he's still extremely shy and finds it tough to express himself when talking to strangers. And making a move into dance and theatre were almost an escape from his painful shyness. "Performing in front of complete strangers and observing that they were getting influenced by your performance felt very powerful and liberating," he says.

Initially, the actor's life looked like it was heading in a different direction. He has four doting and academically gifted elder sisters and his father was an engineer, so Rajput was expected to follow in the paternal footsteps. The actor was also a strong performer in the world of academics and cleared his engineering exams with ease. He joined the prestigious Delhi College of Engineering but quit in the sixth semester.

For starters, he headed to the quick-stepping world of dance and was picked for Shiamak Davar's dance company. "I skipped my sixth semester exams to be a part of the dance troupe which performed at the Commonwealth Games in Australia," chuckles Rajput. It was his dance guru Davar who recognised the youngster's potential and advised him to sign up for acting classes.

Rajput's next stop was the Barry John's theatre group where he thoroughly enjoyed himself and quickly honed his skills as an actor. "It was the joy of exploring myself and different characters that got me more and more interested in acting," says Rajput. After being bitten by the acting bug, Rajput announced to his family that he was headed to Mumbai to explore the theatre scene there.

"My father was a bit taken aback initially but I convinced him that I was happy doing theatre even if it didn't mean a financially secure future," recalls Rajput.

• Rajput's debut film, Kai Po Che!, based on Chetan Bhagat's The 3 Mistakes of My Life, was a huge success

In Mumbai Rajput joined Nadira Babbar's theatre group Ekjute. It was during one of his Ekjute performances that the Balaji Telefilms' casting team spotted him and picked him to play the second lead in Star Plus' Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. He quickly made his presence felt on the show and that in turn, led to the role of Manav Deshmukh on Zee TV's Pavitra Rishta in June 2009 opposite Ankita Lokhande. It was on the sets of the show that his romance bloomed with his co-actor Ankita. The two now live together and plan to marry soon. "It could happen this year or next whenever Ankita is ready," says Rajput with a mischievous grin.

But the young actor figured he was still on the first steps of the ladder of his acting career. So, he decided on taking a bold step and quit Pavitra Rishta in 2011 and head to the US to do a filmmaking course. But fate intervened and he was offered the role of Ishaan in Kai Po Che!. It was an offer Rajput couldn't refuse and the rest is history.

Looking back, Rajput unsurprisingly, has no regrets about not going abroad. He figures he's learning on the job from the best in the industry. "Every director teaches you something and on the sets I'm always after the technicians' lives to understand the technical details a scene entails," he says with a grin.

He's playing his winning hand carefully though. While many newcomers are signing two or three movies at the same time, Rajput doesn't believe in juggling two roles and goes strictly by the rule of doing one movie at a time. He says: "I don't think I can play two roles at the same time so whenever I'm working on a film I request my filmmakers to give me two to three month's time so that I can work on the character."

There are many actors who talk about their years of struggle before they made it to the big time. But Rajput has a different take on this phase. "It's not a struggle if you are doing what you love to do," says the star.

But the actor insists that the early struggle is all part of the game and crucial to the ongoing process of understanding and perfecting how to act, play a character and learn about filmmaking. "Everything else is secondary, even money," he says.

Today, Rajput wants to take each day as it comes and make the most of it. His only grouse is that though he's a nocturnal creature and sleeps only four hours a night he isn't getting enough time to himself.

Still he feels the last few years have been happy ones. "In the last three years I'm happily not sleeping much but reading books on cinema, watching movies, and spending time with Ankita," says the actor with glee. "There is so much more to learn and understand," he adds.

In the future Rajput's ambition is to direct films but only once he has learnt and mastered the art of storytelling. He likes to call himself a student of cinema. "I would like to tell my own story in the future but as of now I feel I have nothing to say," he confesses candidly.

Where will he be five years from now? Rajput confesses that he has no clue whatsoever. But he says with great conviction: "Whatever I will be doing, be it acting or something like pottery, I will be enjoying it thoroughly."

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Credit- Anu :)

I am ready for marriage, but Ankita is taking time'

By Bharati Dubey, Mumbai Mirror | Nov 8, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Comments
More
A
A
I am ready for marriage, but Ankita is taking time'
One of the most eligible bachelors, Sushant Singh Rajput, could be out of the running by next year.

Let's start with the Slapgate incident. Your fiance Ankita Lokhande took you to task over a steamy scene with a co-star at a studio in public view? 

That was a completely untrue story that appeared in a tabloid. Both Ankita and I read it and laughed over it. There's no truth to half of what you read. 

So, you are still going steady? 

Of course. 

Is marriage on the cards? 

I am ready, but Ankita is taking time her time, may be by the end of the year or next year. 

Doesn't being in a steady relationship affect an actor's popularity with his female fans? 

It made a difference earlier when the hero was more macho and an actor more of a star. But today I don't think people care too much about your personal life. 

With so many films under your belt do you find time for Ankita?

When I am not working I am with her, I don't find time for myself. 

Wasn't Ankita offered Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year? 

She was, but things didn't work out. It happens, she is happy with her life as it is today. 

It must be a real high to have replaced Hrithik Roshan in Paani? 

Hrithik Roshan is one of our biggest superstars, I have been his fan for over a decade. I can't think of replacing him. I gave an audition based on which I was taken on. The film goes on floor next year and it feels great to be working with Shekhar Kapur who last worked with Heath Ledger in Four Feathers. 

Reportedly, you opted out of Fitoor because you wanted to allot the same dates to Shekhar Kapur's Paani? 

I was supposed to shoot for Fitoor this year and Paani was scheduled for next year, but when the former was pushed ahead, dates clashed and I had no alternative but to opt out. (Sighs) I was excited about working with Gattu (Abhishek Kapoor) again and had kept six months free post Peekay for the film. We're disappointed we couldn't sort out the dates, but there is no bitterness between us. Our relationship goes beyond the usual director-actor one. He has promised me that if I keep working hard he'll give me another opportunity to work with him soon. 

No regrets about losing out on a UTV production co-starring Katrina Kaif? 

I'll always be grateful to UTV for giving me my first break in Kai Po Che! And who wouldn't want to work with Katrina. I just hope I get another chance, ASAP. 

How is it working with Aamir Khan in Peekay? 

I don't really have scenes with Aamir, but during the script session I found him to be really inquisitive. He wants to learn. 

After Kai.. Po Che! and Shuddh Desi Romance have people around you changed? 

My family hasn't, and Ankita still thinks I'm stupid in a loving way. The only change is that people have stopped saying that TV actors can't act. I don't want to be just a star. I have turned down about two dozen scripts because I only want do films where a filmmaker has something to say. 

Five years from now, where do you see yourself? 

You never know I may go back to TV or theatre. I may even direct a film. I like telling stories and one day I want to make a film for myself.

Fatima_Q thumbnail
credit bonnefille

Sushant Singh Rajput: My agenda is to evolve as an actor

Press Trust of India | November 10, 2013 14:44 IST (Mumbai)
inShare
Print 
Sushant Singh Rajput: My agenda is to evolve as an actor
The actors say it feels nice when one gets appreciation from the industry people.
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who has garnered appreciation for his performance in Kai Po Che! andShuddh Desi Romance, says he will strive to evolve as an actor.

Sushant, 27, said that he feels the pressure to deliver his best. 

"It always feels great when people like you and your performance. It feels nice when you get appreciation from the industry people. It is an exciting phase of my life. My agenda is and will always be to evolve as an actor," he said. 

"I would continue to choose the right scripts, work hard and pray that everything falls in place," he said. 

He will be seen next in Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshi as the popular detective and says he is leaving no stone unturned to get into the skin of the character. 

"We are still working on the film, preparations are still on. Dibakar Banerjee has huge expectations and I have taken two months' leave so that I can work on it and not disappoint him," he said. 

Sushant feels sad that he couldn't work in Fitoor with director Abhishek Kapoor, who gave him his debut film (Kai Po Che!).

"Unfortunately, I couldn't work with him due to date issues. I am looking forward to work with him again," he added.

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Credit- Anu

Sushant at Shiamak Dawar's Sel-Couth

Sushant at 0:27
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FqExhPKmcBI[/YOUTUBE]

Sushant at 1:31

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sJIJAAKb4Uo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=83i4qnTI8nI[/YOUTUBE]

Fatima_Q thumbnail