Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wendy25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
sometimes subtility works better than high voltage drama. this story could be sketched beautifully without messing up with historical drama.
I am not against ekta and her creativity but a pinch of reality along with fiction do WORKS and the proof is movie jodha akbar
But the characters they have sketched just have name common with historical legends. jodha and akbar's wedding was not over some obsession or hatred but a political alliance.
for other things we have fictions running all over the channels. History should be left the way it is as its essence lies in originality.

ps: hi sarah. gr8 to see you here.

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: wendy25

sometimes subtility works better than high voltage drama. this story could be sketched beautifully without messing up with historical drama.
I am not against ekta and her creativity but a pinch of reality along with fiction do WORKS and the proof is movie jodha akbar
But the characters they have sketched just have name common with historical legends. jodha and akbar's wedding was not over some obsession or hatred but a political alliance.
for other things we have fictions running all over the channels. History should be left the way it is as its essence lies in originality.

All my rambling in the above post was to express exactly what you have written so succinctly!πŸ‘
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
While certain things could have been slightly toned down, the dynamic between Jodha-Jalal is the best thing about this show. The hatred angle is rather interesting. I, for one wouldn't have watched the show if it was a copy of the movie, people are watching this show because it adds some news angles to the same-old story. And again. You are watching an Ekta show. If you were looking for subtlety, then this is not the show for you. And despite being an Ekta show, it is quite good and a lot more interesting than a number of other shows on television. And this story is about Jalal's journey from a boy-king with no real maturity to a wise emperor. The journey is important here. And Jalal is already showing the signs of becoming a great king. And again, the solution is simple. Don't like it. Don't watch it. πŸ˜† 

Originally posted by: poppy2009

Even if Ekta is making a completely fictional show, the fact is that she is using the names and identities of real people...people who actually existed in the past and who are revered and glorified by thousands, if not millions of people.

Akbar in general has always been known as a good ruler...one who was benevolent and kind and who, though a great warrior, always tried to use diplomacy and tact to deal with his enemies and neighbouring kingdoms (that is why the marriages to women of different religion...else, he could simply have abducted them and made them his mistress. But he married them, lawfully and accorded his Hindu wife a very proper and honorable position in his life and in his court)

But Ekta, by trying to dramatize everything, is portaying him as some sort of a sex-maniac, adreline fuelled junkie, who simply wants to terrorize the lesser kingdoms and take over all their women!πŸ˜• This is not just historically incorrect, but also pretty offensive.

Similarly, by showing that a Rajput Princess would mingle so freely with a man she is going to marry, Ekta is seriously risking the wrath of the Rajput Community, who are known to be ultra-conservative and highly traditonal when it comes to their women folk. Also, showing that a Queen would ever conspire for her daughter and her would be son-in-law to meet in secret!πŸ˜• I mean, come on!πŸ˜†

It is one thing to derive a fictional story from a historical figure or characters...like in the film, Jodha Akbar...which played on the fictional and non-existing romance between Akbar and Jodha...but they did not exaggerate anything...in fact, they stuck to the facts about 80% of the time.

Quite another, to make a complete mockery out of history and people who were real and living once upon a time.

If she had to do this, then she should simply have taken other names and invented characters based upon Akbar and Jodha Bai...but since she is using the actual names...the actual locations out of history...it is only fair to say, that her audience expects atleast some degree of respect for that, if not authenticiy.

totally agree with you,akbar was great emperor,being a student of history i have a very huge image of a that great mughal king but after watching jodha akbar i am really shocked,i am really in deep shock after watching akbars character in this show.he hardly look like a great king but look like a freeman who has nothing to do.character of akbar was supposed to be very powerful,but this akbar never look like a powerful king😭
MsLuscious thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: latanzia

This is what i am saying, Why is she pushing this relationship between Jodha and Surahban, she is dragging it too much.

Get this show moving man.

Exactly... I know it's a serial not a 2 hour movie in which she has to show  everything in a rush... Iam just against extra melodrama which is she showing...
MsLuscious thumbnail

Originally posted by: SonyaBlade

I like the story for what it is being shown as. I'm not much for it being related to the actual historical facts, nor do I care how much creative liberty they take for the show. Its going to make for some amazing drama if they hate each other before they get married and then slowly fall in love. Its what keep viewers entranced and keep them coming back every night to watch. i respect your perspective... Everyone has their own thinking...  you like it its good :) iam not saying i "hate" the show.. I just want the show to be the way movie jodha akbar was made to the point and without high voltage drama... I want eka to make just one serial without dragging it ... because the story of jodha akbar is really intriguing don't want it to turn into complete failure...

If the show just had it as a trypical arranged marriage I guess that could work as well, but then we wouldnt' see all of Jalal's passion, either negative or positive and right now I"m quite enjoying the negative side of his passion for her. It'll soon turn positive...many months from now but eventually itwill...πŸ˜†

lol not months you better call it years πŸ˜†
MsLuscious thumbnail

Originally posted by: wendy25

hey wendy same here... I didn't expected to find people i know here but iam glad i did😊
Yea wendy i find this show very powerful in terms of story and great actors...
Agree with you completely if ekta tries to make it more like the movie jodha akbar this serial would get great trps...
Exactly if you are working on.history you should try to bring the true story infront of your audience... People watch it to know exactly what happened at the time of jodha and akbar... Like you said for fiction you can watch anything...
Demigoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
its a fictional show so dont expect anything near to reality, but as far as Akhbar is concerned he is said to be a cruel king, who had more than 1000 wifes in his harem.
marriage between akbar jodha was more like a political arrangement which was common at that era, so jodha's wish was almost irrelevant then.
an other point is there is no account of any women named as jodha as akbar's wife, instead it is said in documents the hindu rajputa princess he married was named harka bai or some other name. the name 'jodha bai' is more popular in stories.
infact her own son jahangir who is popularly know as 'salim' has always referred his mother in aoo his writings by the name which was given to her after she got married to akbar and hence got converted into muslim.
not to forget the famous love story of salim and anarkali and what role akbar played in it.
akbar did loved his first wife the most whom he had married at the age of 9. infact he once said he made a mistake by marrying more than one time. its like cheating lord himself. inface he gave his grandson i.e jahangir's son to her. she was the one who raised jodha's grandson.

so even though akbar was a great emperor, even though ekta have an habit of strecthing the story but there are things which are shown accurately in the show.
Prim_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SonyaBlade

I like the story for what it is being shown as. I'm not much for it being related to the actual historical facts, nor do I care how much creative liberty they take for the show. Its going to make for some amazing drama if they hate each other before they get married and then slowly fall in love. Its what keep viewers entranced and keep them coming back every night to watch.

If the show just had it as a trypical arranged marriage I guess that could work as well, but then we wouldnt' see all of Jalal's passion, either negative or positive and right now I"m quite enjoying the negative side of his passion for her. It'll soon turn positive...many months from now but eventually itwill...πŸ˜†

πŸ‘πŸΌI really want akbar to be passionate nd  want an Intansed love between Akdha
-Reeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Perfect..

and the way they are trying to show Mahmanga.. like she is being forced to talk.. she is scilently screeming rather than saying