Can tragic Love story keep us watching?

MARHABAA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Cinema/tv has always been escapism from reality for most of us 
Light entertainment !
We all know the story outline of the Novel based Saraswatichandra but all of us would want to see artistic improvisation and  a happier Saras and Kamud .
Would be wondeful if saras to arrive just in the nick of time and beg forgiveness !
total fantasy i know ..however the flip side of the coin is not so entertaining ...the lead pair separated and resentful to  live painfully existence in isolation of each other .
In my TV world I like it when Love conquers All ! illogical and  not practical and not as the novel intended however in my opinion better feel good factor viewing rather than doom and gloom !

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandygill thumbnail
lots of people r hooked on to the show, especially the past week, they r loving the pace and story so far!
sector thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
you are right,  TV   is for light entertainment  and not to add to our miseries.  i was wondering about this myself that now that it is going the tragic route, will i be able to stick on...?
MARHABAA thumbnail

Originally posted by: mandygill

lots of people r hooked on to the show, especially the past week, they r loving the pace and story so far!

Nobody is saying its not a good show...rather that hopefully the show will not turn into a true tragedy and hopefully be uplifting in future track .
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very good point! I never considered myself a masochist but SC is making me question everything. I don't know why I watch the show anymore... I don't want to. But I still do. I would credit that to the beyond fantastic team and actors (esp this week). Any lesser caliber of performance on offer and I would've immediately jumped ship. Because you're right who needs this... Heartbreak, with a background score, to boot! And there is a world of difference between an SLB film and SC. The dreaded Devdas scene did not make that much of an impact to me on film, but I'm sure when I see it being enacted in SC, it will break my heart. That is how it is ðŸ’”
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My feelings exactly. Cinema has like half an hour of climax and sad points which everyone can bear but this is likely to go on for a long time. If SLB is following the book path (which it seems so) then in the book they dont end up together.

I really dont think TV audiences will take to this. Its just too sad. I mean whats more frustrating is that they show the dept of saras and kumud's love and then she gives up after one phonecall? surely if you loved someone so much you would try other ways of reaching to them...it seems like she didnt hear how he said his life is just full of darkness..so shudnt she have tried to find out why this has happened...why he left the house.

I dont know...its all too depressing and when you have a whole day of work and life stress, all you want to see is some fantasy type moments where you wish your life was like that characters. you start living the person.

and what happened to Danny-Kumari? atleast they couldve shown that as a parallel story line.

I am not sure how long viewers will stay glued...its happened in my own family. My husband stopped watching it cos it was too soppy! (lol!), my mum stopped watching it cos it was too slow and now my sis wants to stop watching it cos its too depressing.

there needs to be a balance of everything and a focus on other characters as well.

no serial will sustain on 3 characters only (3rd being pramad).

I dont know...I just wish that they dont drag it and Pramad quickly dies! lol! and she then marries Saras (none of this backward thinking that a widow cant remarry...especially since she always fought against the wrong principles of religion)

Kat
MARHABAA thumbnail
Todays episode of Kumuds marriage and Saras beating was just depressing !
BUT hopefully things would need to get better in some way or form after all the worst has happened 

Am wondering the precap showed Saras being lifted into Kamud sister in laws car ...is Saras going to end up in Kamuds susral !
But there is creativity...

and tell me wich lead couple doesnt separate once before living a happily married life?

and if saras n kumud wud hv married in d first place, d story aftr deir marriage wud hv been more draggy dan now

And tragic love story cn keep us going.

Now d POV of people is changing, today we enjoy critical films rader dan d usual jhim mik of bollywood. we have accepted films like life of pi or kahaani...

People need something new so it wil deof rock😃
kaieteur thumbnail
MR BHANSALI SHUD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO ADAPT THIS NOVEL FOR TV VIEWING -
HOWEVER GOOD OR BAD THE NOVEL IT -- IT DOES NOT MAKE FOR TV -- THAT SAID MR BHANSALI SHUD TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE VIEWERS AND MODIFIED THE STORY LINE, CALL IT SARASWTICHANDRA BUT WITH A TWIST ---  ALSO THE ACTORS - THEY ARE DOING A GREAT JOB, BUT WITH THE AUDIENCE NOT SATISFIED, THEY WOULD NOT FEEL GOOD EITHER...

K
srinibk thumbnail
Well said ! The novel story is fine as an adaptation to a movie (where things move at a pace that your brains freeze until you get out ) OR even just a plain read.. But not for a TV audience. People don't want to come see a stressful soap on TV everyday just for SLB

SLB has not done justice to either the novel or his own story.. The whole thing is in a mess. He has shown that Saras and Kumud have actually wed each other in secrecy. He has shown all traditions followed in a way like mehendi and haldi before the marriage and a union on the day of their wedding followed by Karwachauth.. With these a second marriage is non-ethical in my opinion. If SLB has made Kumud a strong principled character so far, he should have made her resist a second marriage. Finally, going back to stick to the actual novel for the next set of events and getting Saras to Pramad's house sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

Moreover the past 8-10 episodes also don't depict events any where close to being reasonable.. If you keep the heart-ache, emotional distress, the separation etc etc. out, the plots are just half-baked (not even half). Bad job !