WHY Lootera FAILED Inspite Of Critical Acclaim? - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
..Edited by DAKDAK - 10 years ago
And also Kahani had Vidya, who is a huge star who has given big hits and carried movies on her own shoulders.

Sonakshi is no Vidya. She doesn't have that kind of star power or acting skills. Lets get real here. If Sonakshi was in Kahani, im damn sure it would flop. Yes the story was the main attraction but Vidya has some role too.
Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 10 years ago
Failed already?

I think audience takes and shares it with everybody with each film they watch...

I havent seen lootera, but Barfi and Kahaani-both had their entertainment value, be it any genre. and the target audience differs

and everything not zero's down to star value or else film Vicky donor without ant star power wouldn't have been super hit or kai po che this year would not have become a hit
The film is not as slow as it is made out to be. You know what's lacking though? The lack of a 'punch' ...the story although very beautifully told, is very predictable (almost like a 'been there, done that'). Maybe if the same story was told with a change of perspectives, or with a little more exploration into the darker layers of the main characters, the same plain-jane story could've become intriguing/thrilling. The impact of the movie would be greater, the creatives told it too simply that may have taken away the punch factor, making it too ordinary (even with the superb direction/acting). 
I dont think its coz of Star Power...If the movie is good Star Power does't matter...

wrt Lootera, I havn't seen the movie...but I feel something is wrong with it...my friend coz like barfi , Khaani , Udaan...said There's absolutely nothing in Lootera...in fact not only him , many other ppl...

I am really confused ..Critics rating 4.5 -5 , that's lk way too much...n audience turning it down...there must be something wrong with the movie...and no I dont find any wrong with the audience...they are the same ppl who made Kahaani etc Hit...
Originally posted by chammakchallo

but wasn't kahaani and barfi looked like Art films? or is it lack of star value? 

kahaani and barfi are not art but parallel films, parallel films are made to fade the lines between commercial and art cinema. 

lootera looked like a total out and out art film from the promos. the song used 'main sawar loo' is enough proof of that
I don't know why it's not doing well. I think with such films it's hard to say whether or not the public will like them. Plus, I feel the audiences are unpredictable..they're never consistent with Lootera-like films...sometimes they click, sometimes they just don't..and you may never know why. Personally, don't find anything wrong with Lootera where I'd say it deserves the response its getting. 
Originally posted by shadesofme

may be lack of star value🤔
the budget is high for this kind of film tats why it has failed IMO

You got it 👏

Ranveer is not yet a star remember Kahaani had Vidya,English Vinglish had Sridevi,Barfi had Ranbir and PC.

what has Lootera to fall back?  Ranveer needs to work more and talk less,he is a good actor,Sonakshi is lost in between 😆  for acting there are Vidya,PC,Konkona,Huma. Commercial there is DP,Katrina plus there are also young fresh talents like Shraddha and Alia.

Sonakshi is waiting the same fade Asin already faced 😆 
lootera does not even have good wom as all the people i know have discouraged me from watching it.
I didnt liked it first tym but gave it a second chance n it is a gud movie. But wom is not gud from people what i have seen