'I'M NOT CONVENTIONALLY GOOD LOOKING'-Karan Kundra

-Olly- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Mumbai, July 1 -- Karan Kundra, gained himself a huge fan following with his show, Kitni Mohabbat Hai (KMH) Season 1 and 2, is stepping into films. He has signed a three-movie deal with Vikram Bhatt starting with Horror Story (HS) releasing next month and producer Shailesh Singh's psychological thriller Rum Pum Posh (RPP). Karan talks about his big debut. Do you think it's a risk to debut with unconventional films?

In films, you can't say what is a risk and what isn't. Others have debuted with brilliant launches but didn't go far. In films you can be the underdog or be lucky enough to get a big launch. I'm going by my gut and faith as I don't have any other option. Vikram sir's HS is a young film. In RPP, I play an unconventional role, of a Pakistani DJ, which most wouldn't do at the start of their career. To leave a mark, my films have to be completely different.

People feel you got a lucky break with Ekta's serial KMH, and now again with Vikram's films. Do you agree?

Be it luck, hard work or destiny, whatever it is, it's working so I'm happy. It's a case of sour grapes with people who don't make it.

Sushant Singh Rajput's career has taken off well. Do you consider him as competition or inspiration?

I'm a mast maula (happy go lucky) guy. I believe in doing my work and living in my zone. We're well-wishers of each other. The day I worry about competition or get into a race, it will be tough for me to go on.

Is it an advantage that you aren't conventionally good looking?

Yes, I'm definitely not conventionally good looking but I've a peculiar face which makes me stand out in a crowd. I'm a blend of Punjab (dad) and Kerala (mom). I'm thankful to God that He didn't make me a good-looking guy, but a good actor.

You've been in the news more for your relationships with Kritika Kamra and Madhura Naik.

That's part and parcel of this industry. People get cheap thrills reading stuff on actors' personal lives. I don't hide my relationships like others. I'm an open book.

Would you do a film with Kritika, now that she's in the Karan Johar-Ekta Kapoor untitled film?

She's doing bigger films, so she wouldn't want to work with me (laughs). Seriously, she'll become a big star. She's a talented actor and I would love to work with her.

QUICK FIVE

The best and worst career advice you received.

The best advice was to work with sincerity; worst was when I was told that I won't get a break in films after doing so much TV.

The worst scene you've played.

Once Ekta ma'am turned me into a girl. I wore a yellow suit, with a wig and was wondering how I will be able to pull it off.

The one thing people don't know about you.

I'm an open person. I tweet about everything. People close to me tell me not to do so, but I don't worry about it

Silliest dialogues you said.

I don't mouth silly lines as I end up laughing. I need conviction to emote and deliver dialogues.

A disturbing trend on TV.

People say there are regressive shows on TV, but at the same time, there are shows like Gumrah too.

http://india.nydailynews.com/entertainmentarticle/9b3a65ee2faddf207d280e3eabad49a8/im-not-conventionally-good-looking

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arjuhi_s thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Tfs nice iv.. For us kundra is good looking n good to hear that he would love to work with kritika i like that part v much
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Olly thx dear
King k, u r the best
shibz thumbnail
tfs olly<33

what is "conventionally" good looking supposed to mean?😆 I'm glad Karan is not "that"..Conventional is boring.. Karan is just too charming for words<33 my super sexy Kundra<33
Edited by shibz - 10 years ago
-pranjal- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks a ton for sharing 😊

His last answers were directly from heart, Love this guy he is awesome. 😊
ShrePreet18 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shibz

tfs olly<33

what is "conventionally" good looking supposed to mean?😆 I'm glad Karan is not "that"..Conventional is boring.. Karan is just too charming for words<33 my super sexy Kundra<33

agree shibz humse puchho hamare liye vo kya hai most good looking man of the acting field.❤️
Rimpi_kmh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
tfs 😊

"conventionally" good looking...hun i'm sure reporter has some eye problem 🤓 
 karan is a most handsome guy i ever seen

iv was awesome ❤️

i loved karan...
ShrePreet18 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rimpi_kmh

tfs 😊

"conventionally" good looking...hun i'm sure reporter has some eye problem 🤓 
 karan is a most handsome guy i ever seen

iv was awesome ❤️

i loved karan...

reporter needs glasses.
loved his every answer, this boy is something speciall
Edited by shreya_arjuhi - 10 years ago
Rimpi_kmh thumbnail

Originally posted by: shibz

tfs olly<33

totally agree with u shibz..

ask us...we will write a magazine about karan looks...how he is handsome n charming n sexy😳 
Rimpi_kmh thumbnail

Originally posted by: shreya_arjuhi

reporter needs glasses.
loved his every answer, this boy is something speciall

nt glasses shreya i think he need operate his eyes 😉