India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by -Roshani-

Thanks Mr Vijay

A kind request, can something be done to the ads? Sometimes its embarrassing.

Use Chrome or firefox with flash ad blocker
Thanks for these rules. I really hope they help in making IF a lot better place.
Originally posted by vijay

Under Indian law, the freedom of speech and of the press do not confer an absolute right to express one's thoughts freely. There are several restrictions which prohibits making indecent / immoral / defamatory speeches.

Regards,

Thanks for your response Vijay

We all know what "indecent / immoral / defamatory speeches" mean. Such limitations are there in every constitution, in some way or the other. I don't like to go into intricate details of the constitutional laws here. Disliking a performance, artist, presentation, show on any ground doesn't fall into any of those categories you mentioned. 

A public forum of this nature is way different and liberal than a formal news or television media. You obviously have a disclaimer that the views expressed here are individual responsibilities. So you bear no responsibility if a member is abusing a celebrity but remaining within the language code of the forum. But you are directly responsible to ensure that a member is not abused or personally attacked by another member. That's the essence of moderation on any public forum.

Protecting its members from abuse by other members, is a direct responsibility of the forum administrators, than protecting a celebrity

Some how I find that the forum is more busy in protecting the celebrities than it's members. If that can be set right, Im aure, it will promote mutual respect and ensure much more enjoyable discussions in the forum. 

We all come here for fun and all should be open to accept fun surrounding the celebrities. Over reaction from fan groups must be curved/shunned. Celebrities aren't any fan group's private properties, they belong to all. Even if I don't belong to a fan group, I have equal right to like or dislike or criticise a celebrity. No definition/limitation of freedom of speech can put my right into grey area, in this regard. Like wise every other member has the right to disagree to me without pointing a finger towards me, due to my likes or dislikes for a celebrity.

That's my opinion & that's how I understand it should be. I'm sure you understand that very well. But all the chaos and dissatisfactions amongst a large number of members indicate, despite your understanding of everything, the system isn't doing a few things right in protecting the members from abuse of the Fan Groups. It needs an unbiased approach, to fix it.

Thanks 

Regards

Edited by Wiseman - 10 years ago
^ Thanks for the Improved Rules, Vijay Sir. 👍🏼
Thank you so much Vijay  for the much needed rules

Hope this makes forum a safer and great place to have fun..

I know things have been said and discussed but just a doubt, many a times the bashers who rile up fans get a warning while the fans who name call, wish death upon us are never given a warning which results as a major encouragement for such fans to continue abusing members. I see no action taken against them, why so?

I do believe in a platform like india-forums, members should be given more importance. Its the members who run this platform be they a celeb lover or dislike not the celebrity.

And as for the QH forum there is no problem with the DTs. The first set or even now they are doing a wonderful job. Could you please explain to some members that the job of the DT is just to maintain peace and decorum of the forum and not babysit the members?
Originally posted by -Madhubala-

Use Chrome or firefox with flash ad blocker

thanks a lot!! can u tell how we can find this 'flash add blocker' function? i guess must be in settings.. will google and see. anyway thanks 4 the idea cz i get annoyed with the ads on the side..

ps: u and i may love to opposing sets of celebs but that siggie can I use it too? I love it and totally agree!!⭐️
Originally posted by Wiseman

Thanks for your response Vijay

We all know what "indecent / immoral / defamatory speeches" mean. Such limitations are there in every constitution, in some way or the other. I don't like to go into intricate details of the constitutional laws here. Disliking a performance, artist, presentation, show on any ground doesn't fall into any of those categories you mentioned. 

A public forum of this nature is way different and liberal than a formal news or television media. You obviously have a disclaimer that the views expressed here are individual responsibilities. So you bear no responsibility if a member is abusing a celebrity but remaining within the language code of the forum. But you are directly responsible to ensure that a member is not abused or personally attacked by another member. That's the essence of moderation on any public forum.

Protecting its members from abuse by other members, is a direct responsibility of the forum administrators, than protecting a celebrity

Some how I find that the forum is more busy in protecting the celebrities than it's members. If that can be set right, Im aure, it will promote mutual respect and ensure much more enjoyable discussions in the forum. 

We all come here for fun and all should be open to accept fun surrounding the celebrities. Over reaction from fan groups must be curved/shunned. Celebrities aren't any fan group's private properties, they belong to all. Even if I don't belong to a fan group, I have equal right to like or dislike or criticise a celebrity. No definition/limitation of freedom of speech can put my right into grey area, in this regard. Like wise every other member has the right to disagree to me without pointing a finger towards me, due to my likes or dislikes for a celebrity.

That's my opinion & that's how I understand it should be. I'm sure you understand that very well. But all the chaos and dissatisfactions amongst a large number of members indicate, despite your understanding of everything, the system isn't doing a few things right in protecting the members from abuse of the Fan Groups. It needs an unbiased approach, to fix it.

Thanks 

Regards

Nicely put! Agree
Originally posted by Olive_Rose

I don't believe Vijay can do anything about the ads you recieve on your desktop/laptop. They are tailored to suit you  based on your previous internet searches or someone who've used your computer. 

It all has to do with Cookies and it's possible you allowed them; if your're not familiar with what they are then try familiarizing yourself with them and things will be a lot clearer.

I hope that helps if not sorry for intruding

First of all thank you Vijay ji for the refresher...

I was about to state this on the Ads thing... Since you have already pointed out, I am just stating this again. The Ads come up based on what we type from our keyboard, what we search for in the internet and the sites that we browse. It has much to do with technology 'Big Data'... The site has absolutely no control over what is displayed in your Ads.

For Example, I always get ads from Babyoye, Flipkart or Firstcry or Healthkart only, coz they are the sites I use for my own personal reasons... 😊
Some points were really good while few others were disappointing.Please open a DT complain section where everyone can discuss if thy have any complain with DTs. This will definitely help to improve themselves because DTs also show lack of interest in PMing or gets irritated with the discussion.

i wish actions are taken as per as the rules but i highly doubt that as per as earlier history and please add coolbie's responsibility too.Lately the problem had turn very serious In absence of DT they're behaving like viewbie/moderator.

why sarcasm wouldn't be allowed? i' don't sarcasm any member then why it shouldn't be allowed

also some fans love to kill report button when it wasn't needed at all... say something to those offenders

when i criticize people jumps to conclusion specially some diehard fans of some stars as if the character can't be wrong, hence post many thing that wasn't part of my discussion which highly pisses me off.. yesterday too which leads to mocking and targeting.. i hope proper action will be taken against such blind fans

and most importantly say something to stalker, when they aren't part of AT,CC they invisibly stalk and report. please do something to them...