Daastan to go off air on 28 June

Mayur44 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Here's another serial that is being pulled off air in a jiffy.

We are talking about Zee TV's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan, produced by Ravi Ojha Productions.

The makers signed some famous names for the project, namely Sanjeeda Sheikh, Additi Gupta, Kiran Karmarkar, Abhaas Mehta, amongst others.

However, no matter how much the creatives tried to infuse life in the plot, Badalte never managed to gallop in the TRP race.

Initially, the show was launched at the 10 pm slot but later got shifted to 11pm.

But now, it will air its last episode on 28 June (2013).

"Many believe that other than ratings, the production house had certain issues with the channel, which further aggravated problems," said a source.

Sanjeeda, being the female lead Meera, had immense expectations from the show. And now that it is ending, she is a disappointed soul.

"I am really sad that the show is ending abruptly. I can't agree to the fact that it didn't manage to get good TRPs. I don't know what went wrong. The show has many good actors and even the story line's good. I guess the time change was a problem. 11 pm slot for a television show is not a good idea. It is going off air in a span of four months; it should have been given more time," shared Sanjeeda

Do you regret to be a part of the show? "Not at all. It is destiny. I am a very positive person. It was lovely working with Ravi Ojha Productions and Zee TV. My character Meera did impress audiences and I have got good response, so it has been a lovely journey."

So what now? Hunt for more roles? "Well, after the show ends I will head for a vacation with Aamir (Ali, her husband)."

Wish you all the luck and success, Sanjeeda!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..ramani.. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
tfs but i really liked this show :(
Flora3333 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I can't believe this!! ðŸ˜²
Is it really ending? So soon?? ðŸ¥º
There's a lot to happen and a lot of secrets yet to come out in the story! How can it end this soon?? ðŸ˜­
Mayur44 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flora3333

I can't believe this!! ðŸ˜²

Is it really ending? So soon?? ðŸ¥º
There's a lot to happen and a lot of secrets yet to come out in the story! How can it end this soon?? ðŸ˜­

yeah i agree, i dont find it a bad show i actually like it 
Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Is this news true? So sad that a serial with such a fantastic star cast and such a different story is not being given a fair chance. Not everything is perfect but its a lot better than other serials that are currently being aired. The Shama & her admirer thread is quite absurd and hope it has been brought to an end.Why is Niranjan shown to be such a clown? Can't he be a hard working struggler living with his in laws? He is more like a male servant at home..a bit hard to digest.
Hope the serial continues...best wishes.
LillyBlanc thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akshata

Is this news true? So sad that a serial with such a fantastic star cast and such a different story is not being given a fair chance. Not everything is perfect but its a lot better than other serials that are currently being aired. The Shama & her admirer thread is quite absurd and hope it has been brought to an end.Why is Niranjan shown to be such a clown? Can't he be a hard working struggler living with his in laws? He is more like a male servant at home..a bit hard to digest.

Hope the serial continues...best wishes.

The Shyma and Niranjan characters are the least likable. What was the point of that shyma/mongia storyline?  The time wasted on that track could have been better used to unravel some of the secrets and puzzles such as: 
  • Is Ani really dead or did he fake his death in order to be free of Balraj?
  • What about Ani's mother? Is Biji taking care of her? Did Balraj try to kill her as well?
  • The Nandini/Neil romance is  also good to watch...it's mature and they both are straight forward with each other
Edited by LillyBlanc - 10 years ago
Mayur44 thumbnail
that does sound more interesting