Jodha Akbar: About the Show & Actors

Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Characters

Rajat Tokas (Mughal Emperor Akbar)
Rajat Tokas Last seen in Balaji Telefilms Tere Liye, Actor is currently preparing for arguably one of the biggest roles of his career Mughal Emperor Akbar. The actor, who made his debut as the male lead with historical show Prithviraj Chauhan, and made his grand entry in the hearts of million is returning to this genre as Akbar. May be this can be the lucky charm for Rajat and the show. Ekta says, "I wanted an actor who is a boy-man. Although Rajat has the innocence of a 19-year-old, he is seasoned in terms of maturity. Akbar was someone who became a soldier and a king at the age of 14 and by 17 he had already won a battle on his own. Rajat is an expert in martial arts and horse riding. He was perfect for me."

Paridhi Sharma (Jodha)

Finding Jodha Bai was not an easy task. After eight months nation-wide search and auditions, Paridhi Sharma as a Jodha. This will be Paridhi's first lead role after she appeared as part of the supporting cast in Ruk Jaana Nahi.
For Jodha, Ekta reveals, "I wanted someone who possesses the radiance and dignity of the loveliest Rajput princess Indian history's seen. I'm told Jodha was someone whose eyes conveyed humility, simplicity, courage and conviction. Paridhi embodies everything I had in mind for Jodha. When Paridhi stood there in Jodha's bridal finery and delivered some of her lines, I knew the role belonged to her!"

Ashwini Kalsekar (Maham Anga)
After having worked with Balaji Telefilms earlier on their show, "Kasamh Se", as the scheming Jigyaasa, Ashwini Kalsekar, is once again getting a chance to work with the production house. Ekta Kapoor's new period love story show, "Jodhaa Akbar" will have the versatile actress, essaying an important character. Ashwini has been finalized to play the role of Maham Anga, apart from being the caretaker of the Emperor, she also acted as the political advisor to the king, on many sensitive issues. She held a special place in Akbar's life, who respected her for her shrewdness and loyalty. Ashwini, who has always been a favorite with the Balaji's, is excited to be a part of this ambitious project.

Chetan Hansraj (Adham Khan)
Chetan Hansraj is due to play the pivotal role of Adham Khan who is the foster brother of Akbar and son of Maham Anga.
Jodhaa-Akbar is an Indian epic historical drama serial coming on Zee TV

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Jodha Akbar
Genre Historical drama
Created by Balaji Telefilms
Written by Story & Screenplay
R M Joshi
Binita Desai
Dialogues
Prakash Kapadia
Directed by Santram Verma
Creative director(s) Sujata Rao
Starring See Below
Country of origin India
Original language(s) Hindi
Urdu
No. of episodes 4 as of June 21, 2013
Production
Producer(s) Ekta Kapoor
Shobha Kapoor
Editor(s) Vikas Sharma
Vishal Sharma
Sandeep Bhatt
Location(s) Jaipur
Karjat
Kohlapur
Cinematography Santosh Suryavanshi
Raju Halasagi
Camera setup Multi-camera
Running time Approx. 24 minutes
Production company(s) Balaji Telefilms
Broadcast
Original channel Zee TV
Picture format 576i (SDTV)
1080i (HDTV)
Original run June 18, 2013 – Present

Plot outline

Jodha Akbar is a sixteenth century love story about a political marriage of convenience between a Mughal emperor, Akbar, and a Rajput princess, Jodha.
Political success knew no bounds for Emperor Akbar. After having secured the Hindu Kush, his empire extends from Afghanistan to the Bay of Bengal, and from the Himalayas to the Narmada River. Through a shrewd blend of diplomacy, intimidation and brute force, Akbar won the allegiance of the Rajputs. This allegiance was not universal. But little did Akbar know that when he married Jodha, a fiery Rajput princess, in order to further strengthen his relations with the Rajputs, he would in turn be embarking upon a new journey ' the journey of true love.
The daughter of King Bharmal of Amer, Jodha resented being reduced to a mere political pawn in this marriage of alliance, and Akbar's biggest challenge now lies in winning the love of Jodha ' a love hidden deep below resentment and extreme prejudice.

Cast

Character Actor Description
Akbar's Family
Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar Rajat Tokas Male Protagonist & Main Lead, Mughal Emperor
Hamida Banu Begum Chhaya Ali Khan Akbar's Mother
Ruqaiya Sultan Begum Smiley Suri Akbar's First and Chief Wife, First cousin and a Mughal princess
Salima Sultan Begum
Akbar's Second Wife and First cousin
Shahzadi Bakshi Bano Begum
Akbar's Half-sister, Mughal princess
Sharifuddin Hussain Parag Tyagi Bakshi Bano's Husband
Jodha's Family
Rajkumari Jodha Bai Paridhi Sharma Female Protagonist & Main Lead
Raja Bharmal Rajeev Saxena Jodha's Father
Rani Menavati Natasha Sinha Jodha's Mother
Rajkumar Bhagwant Das Kunal Bhatia Jodha's Brother
Sa Bhagawati Ji Sahiba Nupur Saxena Bhagwant's Wife
Rani Lilavati Bhakti Narula Jodha's Aunt
Rajkumar Sujamal Vicky Batra Jodha's Cousin
Rajkumari Sukanya Bhagyshree Mote Jodha's Sister
Rajkumari Shivani Pragati Choursiya Jodha's Sister
Rajkumar Man Singh Ankit Raizada Bhagwant's Son
Rajkumar Jagganath Gandharva Pardeshi Jodha's Cousin
Rajkumar Khangar Dev Bishit Jodha's Cousin
Rajkumar Raj Singh Akhil Vaid Jodha's Cousin
Others
Maham Anga Ashwini Kalsekar Antagonist, Akbar's Foster Mother
Aadam Khan Chetan Hansraj Antagonist, Maham Anga's Son, Akbar's Foster Brother
Bairam Khan Naved Aslam Military Commander Of Mughal Army
Suryabhan Singh Prince Singh Jodha's Fiance
Motibai Ishita Vyas Jodha's Friend
Shagunibai Kalyani Trivedi fortune teller

Edited by Amor. - 10 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks Khushi di , very informative post . 👍🏼
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
aww khushi di.aren't u the bestest 🤗 Edited by disha15 - 10 years ago
..pratham.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amor thanks for sharing 
-The_Tomboy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks a lot khushi di! Well have you seen anyone keeping an innocent face one moment and smirking shrewdly the next? Well i have ! Its rajat!
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -The_Tomboy-

Thanks a lot khushi di! Well have you seen anyone keeping an innocent face one moment and smirking shrewdly the next? Well i have ! Its rajat!

he's the only one who is capable of handling so much talent!  
Hello. I'm new here in this forum section as you can see. I think in my opinion they need to change the main lead for Akbar... I don't think it's suit him in that get up. I would have much prefer Chetan Hansraj instead of him. That would have been much better... disappointed already. 

Edited by abeer_19980408 - 10 years ago
featherheart thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ty di...awsm topid..nd azmg info
-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Khushi thank you so much for this post