Blast from the Past Thread #12, pg 63, epi 139 - Page 64

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by indi52

episode 126

and once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive, you won't even be sure, whether the storm is really over, but one thing is certain. when you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. that's what this storm's all about."
~~~~ haruki murakami ~~~~πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ So true it seems a dream ,trust me

jo tum mehsoos karti ho... jo main mehsoos karta hoon, humari dhadkane ek ho jaati hai. they feel things together... heart beats racing, storms rising... and the emotions are so stirring, they reverberate long after the screen has gone black.

He feels every pain of her which waves through her tiny body and comes and haunt this dude
there was a storm, a tempest, in the episode.

and a mehsoos. a feeling, a synchrony of feelings really.

there was the rising gale and thunder of the hour, at the same time an array of reflections, equal and opposites: in visual sequences, in dialogues that kept on building that sense of what he feels is what she feels and vice versa.

with "yeh humari sagai ki angoothi hai," in 124, a hot desert wind seemed to blow in from far away and spiraled into a wild frenzy throwing all in turmoil. a tempest on the ocean, the waters restless, turning, tossing, pitching, rolling, heaving in terrifying waves, crashing on the shore. the shore reflecting the same unrest, shaken, torn, untethered, asunder. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

They both have "sansain ruk jayengi " moments but the self created guards are stopping him to pursue and has created all of this mess in which he is making her life miserable too and then ,when she feels his closeness he gives her all the reasons to baffle about her own entangled thoughts and his pull which is making her feel something but she has no clue about it...he is complicated ,too much to handle for both of em as he doesn't understand himself either and that's why in 130 she made him realize to snap

"aur ant mein rajkumar aa jata tha..." and in the end, the prince would come... the sisters sat laughing a bit, yet both lost in private sadness about childhood dreams of rajkumar and happily ever after.

a dormant unrest in the air... then it reached khushi's eyes, she tried to deny that fantasy.
poor simple girl with simple fantasy thoughts ,these disney lands fairies aren't available in real life...

"dashte tanhahi mein eh jane jahan larzan hai
teri awaz ke saye ..tere honton ke sarab..."

Iqbal Bano's ghazal is coming in my head by looking at these two with their yearnings for each other

"hume bachpan mein aisi sari kahaniya sach kaise lagti thi, jiji... asli duniya mein sapno ke rajkumar kahan hote hain." why did we believe these stories were true, jiji... in the real world, where are such princes?

and yet the connection had been made. the word "rajkumar" had triggered a face, a man, a man shaking her and yelling at her... how can you be engaged, why don't i know...

a princess had chosen her prince... as if in a swayamvar, the ancient hindu ritual... no matter how many princes good or bad want your hand, you are free to choose the one you want, with just the adorning of a garland. in this case a garland of insults and angry words. from him to her and her to him, in private, only to and for each other.

What goes in between them remains in between them and the moment comes to stand for each other in front of the world ,yes mein hoon na from both sides..isn't that amazing and strange relation they have
she has chosen her rajkumar, and it is not the man who gave her a ring.

"asli duniya mein sapno ke rajkumar kahan hote hai..."
What a powerful dialogue ,delivers her heart stance so clearly
and the gust of wind rose to remind her... but this was no ordinary wind, it carried that storm in it...  she recalled him grabbing her, beside himself with gussa...

"yahan pe toh rajkumar gussel insaan hote hain..." here the rajkumar is an angry man. "jinke naak pe har waqt gussa rehta hai..." on whose nose there's always temper (a clumsy literal translation, sorry).
she hadn't read a letter from a mother... yet she knew the exact description. two women who understood him instinctively perjhaps.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ INDEED khushi had not yet worked out the math entirely, balancing the gussa was the ability to love really big... but something in her seemed to have started getting the hints already. otherwise why would she want him as rajkumar?

a lovely sequence where two sisters talk of their princes charming and the troubles of reaching happily ever after. and in classic ipk cool, delicate writing, neither knows who the other is speaking of. are you talking of shyam ji? no. and you? about abhishek ji?
running after mirage kind a thing and then hiding by lying
camera moved and found the reflection scene.

two siblings again in a deep discussion. asr stands staring out of his room, while his sister gets some work done talking about an "alag si bechaini" she's seen in khushi. he is in pretty much the same state as khushi emotionally... storm tossed, bechain (literally: without peace... restless). his mind grapples with the situation, and just as she had hit on the fact that he is her rajkumar, he picks on a central truth... she does not care for her fiance, perhaps he even senses she cares for him.

silently, he listened... little eye movements, understated music, then the cut and thrust of riving violin strings. and words came pouring out of him, unguarded, uncontrolled... diwali night and again now... loss of control.
Indi you and your music instincts ,way to go yes it was adding his intensity of thoughts about herπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
"bechain hai... khush nahin toh shadi kyun kar rahi hai... aisa faisla liya hi kyun jisse baad mein pachhtana pade... khush nahin hai toh sagai kyun ki.. kisne kaha tha haan kahne ke liye... kissine zabardasti ki thi kya... jisse pyaar nahin karti jisske saath reh nahin sakti, usske saath poori zindagi kaise bitaygi?"

restless she is... if she's not happy why is she marrying... why take  a decision you'll regret later... not happy, then why did she get engaged... who told her to say, yes... no one forced her... how will she spend her whole life with a man she doesn't love?

that wasn't all. he went on to:

"aur main..." and i...

Above dialogues are describing his state which he is saying for her but actually defining himself
then he noticed di's face and stopped. what would he have said otherwise... and i... how will i spend my whole life without her? would he have said that?

di is shocked at this tirade... a very odd response. she hasn't seen the sadness, the hopelessness on his face. the voice... and this is the boy whose voice was considered a problem at one time, is indescribably real... he was lost in another world, where his mind was in a whirl.

he realised what he'd been saying...

"chhotey..." as di tried to comfort him, ask what's the matter, he cut in... a little shallow his breathing, a strained look around his nose and lips, he just looked away, separated himself from everything, everyoone, back in his shell, needing protection, he said,
This shell is the main cause root of all the hasty  decisions he makes
"di, i'm fine... bas kuch der ke liye mujhe akela chhordo." di, i'm fine, just leave me alone for a while.

a wild wind entered frame. he heard his own words echoing... she will marry one she doesn't love... how does he know that? he can feel her... mehsoos, this is about knowing a person viscerally without having to think or even feel, pure instinct.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

"there is peace even in the storm."
~~~~ vincent van gogh ~~~~

she stood in her verandah, he in his den. the storm came out in the open and showed itself. turbulence within, howling winds and thunderclap without. classic reflections again. her fiance talked to her, his fiance rambled behind him, but they were both in their own world. each thinking only of the other... with each other.
They both hav storm inside hiding from this world bigger than outside ones

shyam had the temerity to hold her hand and slip on a bracelet... she was too perturbed to say anything... that cutting of his hand, the roil and agony in him since her angoothi words. she could feel it all... nothing else.

flash back: ''kya hua sab toh tunhare shaadi ke baat se bahut khush lag rahe hain... lekin tum?" what happened, everyone is so happy about your wedding... but you?

shyam is talking away, but it's as though she can't see or hear him, a beautifully executed scene, rich and fascinating in subtext... he talks of date cancelling... and there's clap of thunder. ambient sound segues to a voice in her head, she hears, "tumhari sagai ho gayee... kaise... mujhe faraq padta hai dammit kyunki...!"
Love this scene and you described it wat too good.How badly they wanna be together in each other's proximity but how diffusing it just amazing and Barun and Sanaya doesn't seem as they are acting ,feels so real to me...

AMAZING EDIT INDI⭐️⭐️⭐️

and again camera looks for the other side of this picture... there it is. he stands looking out of the windows by the pool as la paces right behind looking for ideas for a honeymoon. he is hearing khushi's words,"aap yeh angoothi nahi pehna sakte... yeh humari sagai ki angoothi hai... aap kya kah rahe hain humey samajh nahi aa raha..." a vulnerability in the voice, yet it seems to hurt him with its implications.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

la notices he is far far away. winds race and howl, an omen in them, a feeling of all hell breaking loose. just in the tightly packed pain in his eyes is the message of a world ending.

the next morning, in the hallway a tense meeting... he wants to know what makes her bechain... he is concerned, hates to see her upset.

there's talk of the bracelet given to her by her fiance, of course he overhears and is irritated.
uhhh...he can't see his girl having or wearing other man's  cheap stuff 
she hears shyam's voice on the phone and is curious about its familiar ring... who could it be? anjali wonders why khsuhi is sad... khushi avoids the question.

and then out of nowhere a face off with asr. the bracelet falls off her wrist, wonder why everything shyam gives just drops off here and there... a neat  cuing of no sense of belonging, no right, no place in her life.πŸ‘

"apni mangetar se kehna agli baar tumhe itna sasta gift na de," tell your fiance not to give you such a cheap gift next time, he says offensively. offense by the way is sometimes the best defence.

some insults are traded as always... that choosing of each other with a very special garland made of barbs and thorns. 🀣
 Always that's what they are with us and we can't let go of em
"itna yakin hai toh nakhush kyuin lag rahi ho..." if you have such faith in him, why are you looking unhappy? i had the feeling, her downcast face is bothering him, he ants to hurt her a bit but also make her feel better... the classic push me pull you in him in all matters khushi.
Always and that's how they show each other love
"humari baat choriye, mr raizada... par aapka bank balance to achha hai toh aap itna pareshan kyun lagte hain?" let's not talk of me, she retorts sharply, fed up with his nastiness, your bank balance is good so why are you so het up?

ask yourself... "ki aap itne nakhush kyun hain." why you are so unhappy.

and finally, she plays back to him a line he'd said just the evening before. one that had hurt her. how could it not hurt him.
As you sow so shall you reap.Mini ASR is putting Mighty ASR in dilemma...

"aur rahi humari baat, hum aapko batade ki hum bahut khush hain..." and as for me, let me tell you, i am very happy.

he was concerned, but her sassiness enraged him... her naak pe gussa rajkumar. and for that claim of being happy, he wanted to hit out at her. happy? without him in her life? how could she? who did she think she was?

he starts a gritted teeth barrage, but it must be curtailed.

How could she do that to him,after he is mighty ASR and he is always right
had it come out maybe the next hurricane could have been avoided... but in this scenario, nothing to break it... and so his decision to have his engagement ceremony the very next day.

before leaving a stymied audience and tears and worry and tension all around, he stops before his antagoniser, his opponent, his everything, and gives her a long hard look... let's check out who is more "khush."

arnav singh raizada is out to ride this storm and win. not a thought in his head for anyone else... pain has transformed to anger... someone must pay.
He is ready to make her pay and big time 

a storm song dedicated to the two... girl you gotta love your man... take him by the hand... make him understand.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=rYE1S6r3bkg[/YOUTUBE]

Indi take a bow as this is fabulous.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ love each and everything and seriously this period as you mentioned after 124 is the most difficult to watch as hurt,pain,acrimony,possessiveness, pull,push all across every emotion is playing a major role here.

My comments are in red...just loved it.Thnx for such a nice and emotional one⭐️😊
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Originally posted by BarunDiwani

^^^aahhh, coming to Blast and reading praises of my man isbeautiful music to my ears. Thanks Arshi and Indi πŸ˜ƒ  

You guys are making me with i saw all of his earlier works, at some pt i want to ...but after ASR feels weird to see in in other avatars before he became so good. but would love to look for those traits that Indi spotted in those earlier ones.  

ok quickly dropping in. thanks for the lovely chat above :)

Hey Ami hope everything is well and in order as I don't see u much in action .Yes we are missing him a lot.He has to come out of his shell now,its about time.
Originally posted by DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Sohara, thanks for reminding this dk bose scene.

Episode 136

Parody on 'Bhag DKbose' from Delhi Belly

Bhag Shyam Babua - Part 5  

Hone wale sasural mein, main mazey se reh raha tha
Amma aur Buaji ko chai pilaake pataa raha tha
Raizada  ki toli aatey dekha,   
To kamrey mein jaake main to chup gaya aaa aaa aaa
Phas phas gaya Shyam babua babua, kamrey mein phas gaya
Ab niklega kaise tu bata, kamrey mein phas gaya
Arey darwaza khat khata rahi hai Khushiji, kamrey mein phas gaya
Phas phas gaya Shyam babua babua, kamrey mein phas gaya...

Kamrey mein phas gaya to, socha khidki se hoga koodna
Par darwaza khidki ka, zara bhi khula na,
Jab lagaa ke ab pakda gaya,  
Tab khidki ka darwaza hi khul gaya aaa aaa aaa
Bhaag bhaag Shyam babua, babua, babua, bhaag bhaag Shyaam babua bhaag, bhaag
Bhaag bhaag Shyam babua, babua, babua, bhaag bhaag Shyaam babua bhaag, bhaag
Arey pitne mein teri abhi waqt hai baaki bhaag bhaag Shyam babua bhaag, bhaag
Bhaag bhaag Shyam babua, babua, babua, bhaag bhaag Shyaam babua bhaag, bhaaag

Translation:

I was staying joyfully at my to-be-in-laws house,
I was appeasing Amma and Buaji by giving them tea
I saw the Raizada people coming in
I went and hid inside the room
You are trapped Shyam babua, you are trapped in the room, tell how will you get out, you are trapped in the room
Khushi is knocking at the door, you are trapped in the room...

I got trapped in the room, thought I will have to jump out of the window
But the door of the window did not open at all
When I thought that now I am caught
Then the window door opened
Run run Shyam babua...
There is still some time left for you to be beaten up, run run Shyam babua...
😑

🀣 Durgey!!!❀️🀣 Bhag Bhag series is amazing.Why don't you put these together at one post .That would be fun.Love it as always,He needs to "dum daba ke bhag jaye"

[/QUOTE]
@salooni

Thnx dear for reading and commenting on Epi 127-129...129-130 Yes it was a bit long but These epis are way too close to my heart can't resist explaining each and every bit of it.I'm glad you liked Edits.❀️
@sohara

❀️Thnx for reading and commenting 129-130'
Yes I thought that too  and good to mention why the heck they went to buy these dresses and why not from AR designer ...Our CVs is master in Blunders as alwaysπŸ˜†
Originally posted by samin6

Nice point supriya and when I watched the episodes I thought the same. However then I tried analyzing Akash character and objectively speaking- there are situations in life which we have no control over them. However Akash was not hot headed like Arnav and probably if Payal had told him about Shyam he would have dealt with the situation differently and they would all have been forewarned.  We saw that in Shyam revealing track he not for once said that he did not believe Payal. He also knew the fault was with Shyam and his two timing, however he felt betrayed because First : The brother he adored  was kidnapped and he was unaware of it even though his own mother knew about it. Second : The brother in law was cheating his much adored sister with his wife's sister who also happened to be his brother's wife and he was completely kept in dark about it, even though his own wife knew about it. So basically he had two nails to drive on the coffin of Shyam and one against his wife.

His complaint against Payal was why he was kept in dark of such a huge incident. I think his blaming Payal was quiet natural and rational. Khushi was Payal's younger sister so of course as an elder brother-in-law he had affection for her as was evident in many several occasions. Now when Khushi was alone in the house after Arnav was kidnapped I think it was very reasonable that if he had known Shyam was ogling for Khushi he would have taken measures to keep Khushi away from Shyam's advances, and we have seen many instances where Shyam was actually afraid of Akash. Also Anjali called him Hamare Bhai, with whom he had shared everything, who had sheltered him in every problem, and there she was totally broken down because of the way the secret was revealed to her. So no wonder he was cross with Payal. He loved and trusted Payal however the love of his life had kept a secret to herself which had put the life of three of his loved ones in danger- Arnav, Anjali and Khushi.  Also we know the one who trusts no one- our Arnav bitwa even believes everything Payal says with closed eyes, like the fact about her marriage and even Shyam Khushi sagai, when he had not even given Khushi a chance. So of course Akash would have believed Payal with the whole truth along with Shyam's manipulations as he did during the revealing track. Also the three siblings Arnav, Anjali and Akash were there for each other. So I doubt we as humans ourselves would have acted differently.

Now regarding him threatening to leave the house- he was the baby Then comes Mami wof the Raizada family. He was the one whom Arnav came to shield in every problem- personal or professional. He was one whose every emotion was bolstered by Anjali. He was one who took care of Manorama's tantrums, dad's complains and Nani's authority. When someone is in stress they regress to a younger form. And anyways he was stressed by his mother's words so he threatened to leave. We know well that he would not have been allowed to by his family like Nani, Dad, Anjali and Arnav; after all he was their most.

Now love of Akash for Payal was pure in a sense he was not two timing his love. However the strength I am also skeptical like you. But I think it was never put to test as much as Arshi's were.

samin excellent answer of Supi's thoughts ,yes he is a baby and all boys in their young hormonal age use this threat towards their mothers as a solution or exploitation...His love is pure as you said but without strength as in most of the relations because most of the relations are not based on like Arshi's strong love.Either love and trust develops later or they spend their life as it is like Payal  mentions to Khushi later,Khushi tum bohat Khush Kismat ho ...as she is missing that factor in her life
@Supi😊

Thnx for reading and commenting on 127-129 and giving such a nice review as laways.I know what you are saying about Akash but I Think samin covered all the points .❀️

The edit you wanted to use in your collage but its big actually is not one ,its two shots and I join em in such a way ,it looks like one.Thnx for liking the edit and tip,next time I will be careful sir.πŸ€—

Durga funny Bhag bhag of Shyam and interesting newsletters how Blasters started writing FFs both so good usually I only read the completed FFs once the epilogue of the last update is done  but here as they are my IPK  blaster friends so will go trough their episode by episode journey along with them thanks for the poem and infoπŸ˜ƒ

Episode 129

His Revenge, Her Tears

He ever so slowly and premeditatedly walked over to her with the necklace in his hand.  She was nervous, somewhat embarrassed, why would he do that?  Would he buy HER the necklace?  He places the box in her hand and gives the necklace to Lavanya.  She is hurt and I feel her pain.  He says to Kushi, "I gave the necklace to Lavanya that you liked, I hope that doesn't make a difference to you."  Pain is written all over her face; he could be so mean.  His pain comes out as revenge. 

They are going to go shopping for clothes, is he going to come asks Di.  He makes a sideway glance at Kushi and says of course!  What else can he do to aggravate her.

At the shop Anjali runs into the jeweler and he asks her if she liked the ring that Shyam bought for her.  Shyam had denied buying this ring.  Something is fishy.  This was the obvious reason he didn't want this jeweler to come to the house.  Funny though, Anjali is worried but she doesn't take this thought further. 

The two of them keep stealing glances at each other.  It seems Kushi is worried and he is looking with revenge in his eyes.  How much more will he hurt this girl?

Anjali receives a phone call from Naniji the caterer is coming to the house and she needs to come home.  Kushi hears this and says she will go after all Anjali knows more about clothes.  This would be a great escape for herbut Anjali refuses and says she will go.

Lavanya grabs Kushi with an armful of clothes for both the girls to try on.  Kushi says she doesn't want to but Lavanya insists that her wedding is just around the corner too.  She takes her in the dressing room and after Kushi tries in a beautiful sari lavanya loosens her hair from her braid.  Lavanya insists she sees herself in a full length mirror while she tries on her outfit.  She throws her out to the other room with the mirror.  Kushi stumbles into the room, straightens up as Arnav is ending a phone call right outside the room.   He looks up and sees her'.Rabba Vey'she is beautiful, as beautiful as she was the first time she wore that red sari.  She senses he is near and she lifts her large brown eyes and stares right into his.  She looks away and grabs her dupatta for protection.  She fidgets with her dupatta and covers herself as he starts the walk; that long, slow walk, eyes fixed on her, drawn towards her.  She knows he is coming but looks away.  He slowly walks over to her and reaches out, she steps back, and he looks at her like "come on" and grabs the price tag. Here it comes more of his revenge; it's not that bad he says but you and your fianc can't afford it.  She looks up at him.  "What a pity, but I am in a good mood today.  So what the hell, I will buy this for you today."  She looked beautiful in this sari she should have it.  He knows she can't afford it so he will buy it for her.  He wants to see her in it but his revenge is great and he must do what he has to do to ease his pain and prove his point.  It doesn't make a difference or matter to you, hmm, we will see.  What more can he do to push her to the limit?  Tell your fianc it is a present from ASR, afterall you have done so much for Lavanya and me.  It is not so much a gift as a tip.  Wipe that smirk off your face because here it comes.  "I don't want it," she says to him," and you're right it is not so bad because it is not so special.  I don't like this."  He is saved by the bell he answers his phone.  Tears fall from her eyes as she slumps into a chair.  Lavanya yells out to her that she feels like she is in a dream world, her heart is beating faster.  "It's better to be in a world of dreams, Lavanya, because in the real world there is only heart break." Her tears fall on the price tag as he is watching her through the beaded doorway.  He walks through the beads reaching out to her but stops, fist clenching, he watches her wants to comfort her but just can't.  He closes his eyes relaxing his clenched fist and turns and walks out the door.  She is still in tears.

Anjali is distracted and seems to be repeat inh herself.  Nani and Mami wonder what is wrong.    She tries to call Shyam and Mami understands her distraction, he is not answering her call.  She calls his office but he hasn't come in to the office today.  He must have gone to court, she says.  Shenstarts talking to herself saying that the jeweler must have misunderstood.  Nani asks what is the matter and Anjali denies anything.

Lavanya is trying on an outfit and asks Kushi about ASR.  Her phone rings and La asks Kushi to answer it.  It is ASR she puts him on speaker.  He says he has to leave, he must go.  He took care of payment she can shop and go home.   They're call ended and all he can think about how his revenge brings Kushi's tears.

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago

Friendly Disclaimer: My words, thoughts  ideas and  edited pics are mine only, please do not copy. You are welcome to use it, but credit accordingly. Thank you!

Episode 127-128: Dard, Ishq & Faraq in bunches

The ASR music  has never sounded so brutal, the dard(pain) in this ishq(love) had never run so deep. His eyes scorching on her, slowly he walked over, she looks away fiddling with some jewelry in her hand nervously trying to ignore him,

but he calls  out her name "Khushi" eyes cold as ice, she could ignore no more, she looks at him, he passes the set onto her, he has malicious intentions and the young, innocent, inexperienced girl falls right for it. Poor thing thinks he bought the set for her that she was eyeing. "aap? yeh?" is all she can say in front of everyone. She knows ASR is capable of anything, even gifting her a set in front of everyone. He proceeds to take the necklace in his hands, eyes still on her, and holds it up worrying her even more "Aap? yeh?" she asks again. Once he had her where he wanted  her, he makes his intentions clear "Lavanya? I wanna see how this looks on you".  He puts the necklace on Lavanya, moving her hair to the side with his hands while keeping his eyes steady on Khushi every second only to look for that faraq.

The faraq she didn't admit to when he had looked her in eyes and asked point blank, she had the audacity to look him back in the eyes and tell him "koi faraq nahi padta" leaving his eyes with visible dard in them. A ping pong game or rather war of inflicting dard (pain) on each other had started since Arnav's discovery of  Khushi's engagement. A cold war had continued the next day with indirect hits of "cheap bracelets," bank balances, and "nakushi" (unhappiness) but when she picked up that bracelet, a sense of loss on his face was evident and as Kushi would say later point out "aap haarte bahut boora hai Mr.Arnav Singh Raizada"...the war had intensified to newer levels perhaps both weren't prepared for. His anguish best expressed in his anger, like often result into irrational behavior.

After seeing how upset La was with his abrupt irrational decision to have the engagement the very next day, Khushi had followed him out by the poolside to talk to him, to convince him.  Perhaps she didn't know just how much her sticking up for her fianc's bank balance and picking up that bracelet would stir him, but  the faraq from it all was everywhere in that exchange by the poolside in the way he directed his anger towards her, and in his need to let her know how little she means to him:

"Mein kuchh bhi karron mujhe tumhe jawaa dene ki zarurat nahi" (I don't have to tell you what ever i do)

Or, in the way he slams file he was pretending to read and stands up eagerly to face her to unleash on her

"tum hoti kaun ho mere life ke decision mein interfere karne wali?" (Who do you think you are to interfere in my life like that?) - there is definitely and underlining of resentment that she is not a bigger part of his life, but she's not so he wants to hate her for it. His reaction behavior is so intriguing and moving here.

This faraq had turned his world upside down, driven him crazy at thoughts of her belonging to some faceless man, he was so desperate to hear from her and know that this faraq has affected her too. so when he saw bits of  it, he couldn't hold back.

She had fired back to his short and nasty comments. "aap samajhte kya hai apne aapko? aap ke samne dar ke maare koi mooh nahi kulta iska matlab yeh nahi ha ki-"

while talking, looking in his eyes, something stops her. he catches on. she tries to go on..

"Jab Anjaliji aur Nani ji ne aapki sag" again, whey can't she go on, finish the word "sagaai"...his sagaai.  "you have to listen to me, this is your engagement, not some game" to which Arnav asks  her to take care of her engagement first.

she looks away, "i'm talking bout your engagement not mine"

"Exactly," This was his chance, he closes in on her, "sagaai meri hai" looking her straight in the eyes he asks away "Khushi meri sagaai ho ya  na ho, kal ho ya ek saal baad ho, tumhe iss kya farq padta hai?"

Translation: "Exactly, it's my engagement, Khushi, whether i have an engagement or not, whether its tomorrow or a year later, what difference does it make to you?"

Barun brilliant voice modulation as work again. His voice had gone so mellow, and serious.. And he said her name, only her first name, there was an intimacy in this question and the way he asked it  that it did all sorts of things to her. The whooshing wind had suggested how deep his question reached her, as deep as his mehsoos reached every time, har baar... A question she didn't anticipate, but the answer had involuntarily appeared in her eyes. But perhaps in her eyes wasn't good enough for him, he wanted to hear the word from her lips. He held his breath and swallowed hard. 

Why do i get the feeling that the way he waits for her answer here, if she had admitted that the faraq is plenty, there really was a small window in which he would've also given in? so not like ASR but here so much desperation, if even for a brief moment, I feel he too would have revealed his true feelings. Sadly, If there was this small window, Khushi slams it shut. Hard to blame the girl after all the pain she had endured since Diwali night, she wouldn't dare bring to her lips anything that would leave her vulnerable to him.

As hard as it was for her, she looked down, away from him, and managed to piece together a sentence with hesitance "aapki sagaai ho ya na ho? hamme kyu faraq pade ga?"

He looks down disappointed with dard (hurt), but its her next line and the way  she dared to look him in eyes and say with such confidence is what drives him over the edge

"suna aapne? hamne kya kaha? Hamme koi faraq nahi padta!"

"did you hear? what I said? I doesn't make any difference to me?"

Anger fills his face but the sad notes of Rabba ve mirror the deep inflicted dard so visible in his  misty eyes. She tries to continue but he just keep looking at her with this look, how could she go on? and  before  she knew it,  she was  trailing behind him  while  his hand gripped her wrist tightly with that haq (a familiar dard now) and drug her into the living room...there was madness in his determined eyes.

"Ek minute Lavanya" he says letting go of Khushi's hand just in time...that shatir shatir batameez laad governor! Once he has everyone's attention he continues  

"Khushi convinced me and I think she's right, Its really tough to prepare of an engagement in one day" Everyone is surprised at his sudden change in mind but there is a fear in Khushi's reaction..what is his angle? where is he going with this? He certainly didn't look convince out there

"SO i've made a decision that the engagement won't be tomorrow, it will be next week,  because i can't wait longer than this Lavanya" needless to say he put a smile on everyone, especially on La with the last line "ab teek hai?""ok now?" a happy nod from La and he makes his angle known to Khushi

"Par maine ek aur faisla liya hai, engagment ki saari tayaariya Khushi karegi. Mera aur Lavanya ka risha tey karaane mein Khushi ka bahut bada contribution hai, aur maine Khushi ko office mein kaam karte hue dekha hai, bahut hardworking hai"

Translation: "I've made one other decision, Khushi will do all the preparations for the engagement, She made a big contribution in our relationship, I've seen her work in the office, she's very hardworking.

He turns around to look at her,  a slight lift in the eyebrows "is that OK with you Khushi?"

...in a roomful of people only the two understood how poisonous that question and his look really was. She couldn't answer till La answered for her, all she could do was force a smile and nod. He walked over to her for another blow, in this one however his dard tucked inside "I hope tumme koi faraq nahi pada"

At this point, the faraq had become a weapon in this war, he just wants to hurt her, the way he had been hurt. His victory would lie in all the faraq he saw and pulled out of her which he knew was there, but she chose to keep it hidden at a time when he dropped all of his inhibitions to ask her. this just doesn't sit well with him especially when jealousy is involved

On a another note, after looking in his eyes, and knowing now what he's doing, she must realize how deeply he cares for her to be taking such extreme measures only to get her to admit. where she knows it or not, his challenge of faraq has her in fear...perhaps fear of giving him what he want. Afterall Khushi tends to show "jo dil mein, woh hi chehre pe" (whatever is in heart is on her face). The next day when Arnav arrives unexpectedly, the first words out of her mouth with fear in her voice "Anjali ji said that you're not coming"

"Kyu? tumhe kya farq padta hai?" hehe he was dying to say that to her wasn't he?

A galore of beautiful jewelry had been laid out for a bunch happy women.  Arnav and Khushi sit on the opposite side of the sofa, but they were right there beside eachother weren't they? both aware of the dard exuded by each other. this is what you call sizzling chemistry. Anjali shows him a ring, a slight nod but the second he overheard that it was Khushi's choice

"i didn't say i like it, i said it's nice, app aur dikhaiye"' he looks over to catch any faraq, i'm sure he found some in those uneasy eye look away from him.

What makes it so hard to hate ASR is that even at his worst, his love and care for Khushi always shows. Like the minute Anjali and La leave, his gaze goes to her without any hostility, any arrogance, even when she looks away his eyes just can't leave  her face and when they finally do, she sneaks a look in. The sad rendition of "Rabba ve" how would they ever have gotten over all these feelings ???

The sales guy had come to pressure her into looking at jewelry, she refused a few times  but when the salesman saw her eying a  simple set, he gave her choice away to ASR. The simple middle class girl refuses again to even try it out. She goes to help La make her selection, while Arnav had cooked up an evil plan.

"mujhe yeh kharidna hai (I want to buy this)"

Right away, he get a reaction from Khushi, he had built up this situation to have think exactly what he wanted her to with cruel intentions and hidden desperation. He left her in tremendous amount pain as La gushed over that set.

"Maine tumhari pasand ka set Lavanya  ko de diya, I hope tumhe koi farq nahi padta hai"

"i gave the set you liked to Lavanya, I hope  this doesn't make a difference to you"

Maybe he saw a glimpse of what he was looking for in her tears, once again he had managed to crush her, punish her harshly only because she doesn't do what he wants her to. However with Khushi's broken heart, it's  he who has to work hard to keep the faraq away from his face.

While he continues inflict dard on poor Khushi, we see a repeated reminder of a fresh wound, 

an symbolizing his constant agony over her engagement. Conscious effort by the CVs to keep it on him I think. Only after he can't handle her pain anymore and apologizes, does the bandage come off. A truce in this war of faraq, with her and with himself. Not that the pain becomes any less, but he does his best to deal with it, to live with it.

DROOL CORNER!!!!!!