Asad and Zoya Play Truth and Dare: OS

Posted: 10 years ago
"Phuphi, boutique se call aaya hain. Mujhe wedding dress ki fitting ke liye bulaya hain. I will go now, okay?" Zoya was already near the door.

"Ruko, Zoya, Ruko. Itni dopahar ko dhoop main kaise jaogi? Asad...Asad..."

Asad was working in his room.

"Jee, Ammi?"

"Zoya ko dress ki fitting ke liye jaana hain. Tum leke jao."

"Ammi, I have got work."

"Kitni baar kaha hain. No work for these ten days. Abhi Zoya ko leke jao. Car main jaldi wapas aa jaoge or dhoop bhi bahot hain."

Asad had no choice. Soon they were on their way to the boutique.

"Aap ko abhi boutique jana tha? Shaam ko nahi ja sakti thi, jab dhup kam ho. Mujhe bhi apne saath drag kiya."

"Mujhe aapko saath lane ka koi shauk nahi hain. Aur, agar sham ko main fitting ke liye gayi to hamari shaadi ka function kaun attend karega?" Zoya answered, folded her hands and looked out of the window. They kept quiet for the rest of the way.

Boutique was in the tallest building of Bhopal in one of the top floors. Zoya and Asad reached. Zoya took trial of her dress and they were out of the place in 20 minutes. They entered elevator (lift). Elevator moved one floor down and then there was a jolt, lights went out and it stopped.

"Allah miyan, what is wrong? Ye elevator kyon ruk gayi? Lights ko kya hua?" Zoya wondered aloud. She held onto Asad's arm. "Mr. Khan, you don't worry, haan? Let me figure out what is wrong." She kept talking. Asad sensed her nervousness behind all the babble.

"Ye sab aapki vajah se hua hain."

"Meri vajah se?" Zoya let go off his arm.

"Haan...naa aap abhi boutique aati, naa hum yahan faste."

"Allah miyan, what is wrong with this guy? Mujhe kaise pata tha ke elevator abhi kharab honewali hain." Zoya got very irritated. Asad smiled inwardly as he was able to distract her.

"Emergency button, Miss Farooqui."

"Yes, emergency button..." Emergency button was pressed and they waited for few minutes.

"Let me call the boutique. They will get in touch with building maintenance staff," Zoya was back. She talked with the staff, and they informed that maintenance staff was already at work. They got lights back in few minutes, but the elevator wasn't moving yet. As soon as lights were back, Asad saw Zoya giving him a hard stare.

"So, you think I am behind all this."

"Woh actually..."

"Rehne dijiye. Elevator atak gayi – Blame Zoya. Tanveer ko kuchh hua – Blame Zoya. Global warming – Blame Zoya. Main to super woman hoon with super powers. Main chutki bajake kuchh bhi kar sakti hoon. Wait... aap ka manna hain ki main super woman hoon. Kya aap mujhe compliment de rahe hain? Yes. Hain naa..Mr. Khan, aap mujhe apne weird tarike se compliment kar rahe hain?" Hard glare in Zoya's eyes got replaced with mischief. Asad was completely baffled at change in her chain of thoughts. "Huh...?" is all he could utter.

"Zoya Farooqui – the super woman." Zoya mused. Just then the boutique called back and informed that it will take about 15-20 minutes to fix the elevator and they were sorry for the inconvenience.

"15-20 minutes?" Asad groaned.

"Mr. Khan, let's play a game. Time pass kaise honga?"

"Game. Is elevator main? Yahan pe kya khelenge?"

"Cricket." Asad was bewildered now. Zoya was capable of anything.

"Of course, we will play some game that can be played in elevator. Seriously, Mr. Khan, many a 
times, you make me question your intelligence."

Asad was miffed now, "Ye bachkani harkatein bandh kijiye."

"Aur, aap ye buzurg banna bandh kijiye."

"Kya khele? Truth and Dare. Antakshari."

"Mujhe kuchh nahi khelna."

"Chalo antakshari khelte hain. Baithe baithe kya karein, karna hain kuchh kaam..." . Zoya was unstoppable. Asad got visions of Zoya making him sing, and he quickly said, "Mujhe nahi khelna hain. Teenage passed both of us long time ago."

"It is just a game, Mr. Khan. For 15 minutes, please..." Zoya made a puppy face.

"Ok...but not antakshari. Let's try truth-and-dare, but I will refuse to answer a question, if I feel so. No arguments, okay?" Zoya nodded.

"So, truth or dare?"

"Truth." Asad said in a resigned tone.

"Let's start with an easy one. What's your favourite food?"

"Chicken Biryani."

"My turn. I will take truth."

"Which is your favourite place in the world?"

"New York City. Mr. Khan, you have no idea how much I love that city. It is the best place in the world and I am so proud that I am a New York girl." Zoya said happily.

"Aur phir bhi, aapko Bhopal main rehna qubool hain?" Asad asked in an earnest voice which was not lost on Zoya, but she dodged the question by saying, "It is my turn to ask questions, not yours. Truth or dare? Of course, truth. Hmmm... Ayaan ko khidki se andar aana kisne sikhaya? Aapne?"

Asad chuckled, "Do you think Ayaan needs any teaching in this area? But, it's true that the first time Ayaan tried it, I liked the idea and asked him to visit my room using window. How I regret it now!" Asad shook his head.

"My turn. Aapko buri shayari kehni ki bimari bachpan se hain or it is a newly acquired trait?" Asad teased Zoya.

Zoya narrowed eyes at him and answered, "My shayaris spread cheer; they make people laugh. Aur, main to hamesha se hi aisi shayaris karti hoon. And, now you don't get to say truth, Mr. Khan. I give you a dare."

"Dare – yahan pe, 4 X 6 ki elevator main?"

"Haan...aur aap ka dare hain – aap ek joke sunaiye."

"Joke?"

"Haan..joke, chutkulla. You know jise sunke log haste hain."

"Mujhe pata hain joke kya hota hain."

"Oh..That's a revelation. To sunaiye." Zoya's tone dripped sarcasm.

Asad moved a bit, his hand adjusted his collar and then he cleared his throat and started speaking in a very flat tone. "Haan...yaad aaya. Once there were three men in a boat. The boat was in the river." He stopped, "No, they were in a lake...or was it river? It was a lake. So, as I was saying three men were in a boat in a lake. No... wait...what happens next could not have happened in a lake, so it has to be a river. Yh...so the boat was in a river."

By now, Zoya was giggling. Asad stopped and asked, "Aapko abhi se hansi aa rahi hain? Pehle joke to suniye."

Now, Zoya was laughing. "Mr. Khan, log aapke joke pe hanse na hanse, aapke joke sunane ke andaz pe zaroor hans denge." Zoya said in between her laughter.

Now, Asad crossed his hands. "I am not telling you the joke."

"Koi baat nahi. Aapka dare ho gaya. Lake tha ya river thi..." Zoya kept laughing.

Asad glared at her. "Now, your turn for dare. Aap ek gaana sunaiye." And, Zoya stopped laughing. 
Asad had heard her talking with Najma that she didn't sing well and avoided singing and now he was using this information to get back at her.

"Mr. Khan, gaane main kya hain. Koi aur dare dijiye. Zoya Farooqui kuchh bhi kar sakti hain."

"Nahi, aap gaana hi sunayegi. Chalo, be a sport and sing a song."

Zoya was hesitating, but suddenly her face brightened. Asad noticed the change in her expressions and wondered what was coming next.

Zoya started in an out-of-tune yet sweet voice, "Main kya karoon ram, mujhe budhha mil gaya..., Main kya karoon ram, mujhe budhha mil gaya..."

"Main Buddha hoon?" Asad interrupted.

"Maine aisa kab kaha? Main to sirf gaana ga rahi hoon. Vaise bhi aap mujhe kahan mil gaye hain." Zoya started the sentence in mischievous tone, but ended in a sad tone.

Asad understood what she meant to say. He had failed again and again to tell her what was in his heart. But, he can't tell her now, in an elevator, where they could be interrupted any moment.

"Miss Farooqui, your turn. Poochhiye, jo poochhna hain." He said in a pacifying voice.

"Aapki school days ki favourite memory kaunsi hain?" Zoya asked looking down.

"A school trip to Fatehpur Sikri." Zoya looked up.

"Actually, it was a weeklong trip to Delhi, Agra and Fatehpur Sikri, but I remember Fatehpur Sikri the most. I was 12 then. One of the teachers with us taught us history. He also had a keen interest in architecture. He told us detailed history of the place and explained architectural details. Do you know the city is the finest and best preserved example of Mogul architecture in India? You would say it is too much of history and details for a 12 year old, but I was fascinated. I was amazed how men had created this beautiful place. The trip was a year after Mr. Rashid Ahmed Khan left us. That place, its wonderful structure, its architectural beauty, it made me forget everything else that was going on in my life. It also had a melancholy air about it. The place was abandoned soon after it was ready. I don't know I felt a connection even with the melancholy of the place." Asad was looking straight ahead as if seeing the place before his eyes.

"Is that why you decided to become an architect?" Zoya whispered.

"There were many reasons, but yes, that trip and the city surely planted the seeds for this profession in my mind." Asad answered looking at Zoya. Zoya nodded.

"My question. Why did you choose to study computers?"

"Why computers? Actually, I wasn't very serious about anything. Though I was a very good student, keep that in mind, haan. Jeeju suggested that I should study computers. I followed his suggestion and learned that I really liked it. I could implement all the crazy but creative ideas that came to my mind using computers. Aap to jaante the, mujhe experiements karna, cheezein fix karna pasand hain. I get to do all these things being in this field. Sometimes, Jeeju understands me more than myself. He knew this long before me. So, I should thank Jeeju." Zoya had a big smile remembering his Jeeju.

"You are very close to your Aapi and Jeeju, right?"

"Yes. They are my only family. I am more attached to Jeeju. He understands me like no one else. And, that reminds me that I have to give him a call and give him an earful for not coming to attend my nikhaah." Asad smiled at the change of expressions on Zoya's face.

"So, whose turn it was?" Asad asked.

"Huh...?" Zoya uttered.

"Whose turn for truth or dare?" Asad answered.

"Don't know, but I will ask." Zoya said. Asad gestured with her hand to go ahead.

"Who is your favourite super hero?"

"That is easy – Batman."

"Why do so many people like Batman? He is not actually a super hero."

"That is what makes him special."

"But, superman is a super hero with real powers and still he is humane. That is the best thing about him."

"Superhero that becomes powerless in the presence of a little green rock."

And, the elevator started moving and they reached ground floor. Their bickering about who was better - Batman or Superman continued all the way home.
Remember this episode of Friends? Watch 4:40 onwards. Do you think Zoya can get Asad to play this?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FvJIbvm596w#t=282s[/YOUTUBE]

I think Zoya can 😆.

Edit:

Somebody, help me. Why is youtube video not showing up in the post?

Thank you, got it!
Edited by Noe123 - 10 years ago
Nice...it made me remember my freinds...i m missing them like hell...bu5 a good one...
I loved reading your oS
and about your question:  Type [/YOUTUBE] in this way after pasting the link
Hey this OS is really cute!!! So sweet!!!
i love whatever you write! seriously i just do! I so want this to take place! this was just perfect! i smiled i laughed and i cried. all emotions best expressed 👏

And i take a bow! 

Originally posted by asyaforlife

I loved reading your oS
and about your question:  Type [/YOUTUBE] in this way after pasting the link

Thank you for reading and also for youtube help.
Originally posted by MisHumptyDumpty

i love whatever you write! seriously i just do! I so want this to take place! this was just perfect! i smiled i laughed and i cried. all emotions best expressed 👏

And i take a bow! 

Aww..phir se Professor Snape's approval. Thank you, really!
I love my K-uperman.Jo K-urrent marta hai phir bhi...☺️
lovely OS.👏