Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
I don't remember which movie its from, but the song "Chalo Ishq Ladaye.. Kisi Disco Mein Jaaye.. Kisi Hotel Me Khaaye" was so bloody famous. We used to imitate the dance steps! And ofcourse the "Meri Pant Bhi Sexy" LOL. He has some memorable songs picturised on him, and is one of the best dancers in the history of Bollywood.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I just love, love love Govinda...I doubt there is anyone who doesn't love this adorable man...He is an amazing actor, dancer and his comic timing is out of this world😎...He is one of the best BW has ever produced...not to forget that he is a rags to riches story too...like some others...God bless him and may he have many more years in BWπŸ‘πŸ‘
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: K.Sean

I don't remember which movie its from, but the song "Chalo Ishq Ladaye.. Kisi Disco Mein Jaaye.. Kisi Hotel Me Khaaye" was so bloody famous. We used to imitate the dance steps! And ofcourse the "Meri Pant Bhi Sexy" LOL. He has some memorable songs picturised on him, and is one of the best dancers in the history of Bollywood.

It is from "Bade Miaan Chote Miaan"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7xP4m5mpN4[/YOUTUBE]
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Chi Chi Doesn't need 2 go to Hyderabad... he can bring whole Hyderabadi flavor in this song on his own...... Kya Bolta re tu πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PnXoDgIgiA[/YOUTUBE]

Logaan ne dekhi, yeh chhedkhaani, rusva hui sadkon pe jawaani meri jaawani...πŸ˜†
IAmAHunter thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

I just love, love love Govinda...I doubt there is anyone who doesn't love this adorable man...He is an amazing actor, dancer and his comic timing is out of this world😎...He is one of the best BW has ever produced...not to forget that he is a rags to riches story too...like some others...God bless him and may he have many more years in BWπŸ‘πŸ‘

True. I havent seen anybody not like him. 

husn hai suhana.. ishq hai deewana.. roop ka khazaana.. aaj hai lootana...aake deewane mujhe seene se lagaaa... na.. na... naaa.. goriya churana mera jiyaaa

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE1CavSI5TQ[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Heisenberg. - 10 years ago
IAmAHunter thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mr.KaminA

Chi Chi Doesn't need 2 go to Hyderabad... he can bring whole Hyderabadi flavor in this song on his own...... Kya Bolta re tu πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PnXoDgIgiA[/YOUTUBE]

Logaan ne dekhi, yeh chhedkhaani, rusva hui sadkon pe jawaani meri jaawani...πŸ˜†

What a song yaar...

you know "multiplex" people make fun of these songs these days...

India is not multiplex people... 70% are blue color workers,daily labour like rikshaw ...and major chunk of them are into agriculture...amount of Joy...a. certain Govinda or Big B gave them after a days work  cannot have a price tag

All the" intelligent hip multiplix" cinema aside( I think that is important as well but )...this cinema is as important for any industry to survive on a longer run to develop a fan base for themselves...

Still today...Big B song or Govinda song are a rage in small towns...and among middle aged folk in cities...

Edited by IAmAHunter - 10 years ago
IAmAHunter thumbnail
^^ And to add my previous post...The lingo is pretty simple...today if I had to watch a hindi/Telugu film with my grand mother...I have to explain half of the movie coz...it is  bloody complicated for them...especially the language used is manufactured hindi or hinglish
atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: guess_wh0

Actually he was never as big a star as the Khans or Sunny Deol. He was always a notch below. I agree that Govinda is unmatchable when in his element and on his home-ground witnessed by Bade Miyan or Deewana Mastana and Bachchan and Anil are no small fish, but and its a big but thats also his problem. He failed to perform outside his comic routine. He's a one trick pony. Action, romance, drama...were all genre's he never tried or gave importance too. How much buffonary can you possibly watch, you need an actor to be versatile.

I am sorry. But you're forgetting sucesses like Ilzaam, Hatya, Khudgarz, Hum (okay it was multistarrer), Shoila Aur Shabnam while judging him. Also he started in 80s and accurate BO figures for 80s films are not available.

And just because most of his 90s hits are comedies it does not mean he was one trick pony. Even SRK has romantic films, Sunny Deol had action films for most part as hits. It does not make them one trick ponies.

You canot say he was never on same level as Khans. His films like Shola Aur Shabnam, Aankhen, Raja Babu, Coolie No. 1, Saajan Chale Sasuraal, Hero No. 1, BMCM, Dulhe Raja (it was bigger than Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai as per BOI), Haseena Maan Jayegi (bigger than Sarfarosh, Hello Brother) routinely outgrossed either of the Khans' movies particularly Aamir Khan (except in 1996 and 1997).

Jodi No. 1 was in top 5 hits of 2001.

He bagged entertainer of the year awards almost every year through 90s.

Yes he failed post 2001. But it's not like he never ever got comparable success as Khans.

Though he is behind them in terms of iconic stature.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: IAmAHunter

What a song yaar...

you know "multiplex" people make fun of these songs these days...

India is not multiplex people... 70% are blue color workers,daily labour like rikshaw ...and major chunk of them are into agriculture...amount of Joy...a. certain Govinda or Big B gave them after a days work  cannot have a price tag

All the" intelligent hip multiplix" cinema aside( I think that is important as well but )...this cinema is as important for any industry to survive on a longer run to develop a fan base for themselves...

Still today...Big B song or Govinda song are a rage in small towns...and among middle aged folk in cities...

Very Well Said... Those Single Plex hit movies are as much boring as that specific target audience on which some movies are made n called as Intelligent Cinema by Critics.

Salman with Wanted's Jalwa n Dhinka Chika has brought back the same magic, now even in plexes ppl dance on this kind of songs...

It's just a matter of time when Govinda will get back 1 more chance, he will rock the plexes also for sure...