Maharani Jayawanta Bai Aka Rajshri AT#1

Posted: 10 years ago

Rajshree Thakur (born on 22 September 1981) is an Indian actress best known for her role as Saloni in the Hindi television drama Saat Phere. She was born in Mumbai. Before Saat Phere, she worked at All India Radio as a Marathi news reader and did ads for different companies. Before small screen, Rajshree acted in an Indo-French film- Hava Aney Dey directed by Partho Sen-Gupta. Thanks to this, she was selected for the character of "Saloni" on Saat Phere.

She was awarded the Best Fresh Face of the Year - Female 2006 at the Sixth Indian Telly Awards along with Prachi Desai who stars in Kasamh Se.

She is essaying the role of Maharani Jayawanta Bai (mother of Maharana Pratap) in Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap.

Edited by SRUJAconscience - 10 years ago

Hit  to be a Member of this AT

#Members#

Amor.

MSPE

SRUJAconscience

surprising

Annarichard

Advaita

Tarakari

Viraaga

DiehardYMfan

Super Kool

Anu93

Rozey17

Bonny_Rimpy  

Diamond Life

Articles

Times Of India - 23 May 2013

"Saat Phere" fame Rajshree Thakur, who is making a comeback to the small screen after three years, says her motto is to do prominent characters that suit here personality.

Best known for playing dusky Saloni in "Saat Phere", which was her debut on the small screen, she will now be seen as Jeevantha Bai (Maharana Pratap's mother) in Sony's upcoming show " Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharan Pratap".

"I would like to do a variety of roles but it should suit my personality. I would not do something which I don't like," she told IANS.

Rajshree, who is making a comeback after three years, has always been fascinated by historical stories and characters.

She said: "It's a historical character and I always wanted to do something like this. I am making a comeback and it's a role I always had a fascination for."

"After 'Saat Phere' I had decided that I will do something strong and prominent. And this role came my way, so, it feels great," she added.

The 31-year-old actress feels that both the characters - Saloni and Jeevantha Bai are a bit similar to each other as "both of them are strong women". "It's not just a motherly role, but it's also about a woman," she added.

"Maharana Pratap's father married 19 times after Jeevantha Bai. So you will see much more than a mother - how she feels after her husband gets married 19 more times and how she is solely responsible for Maharana Pratap, etc. So it's a very strong character like Saloni."

Talking about her co-actor Faisal Khan (Maharana Pratap), she appreciated his hard work and said "there are a lot of things that I can learn from him".

She knew Faisal as the DID ("Dance India Dance") winner, but when he started reading his lines during a mock shoot, Rajshree was totally amazed.

She said: "Nobody would say that he is doing it for the first time. He is very hard working. He is very talkative, he talks a lot and asks a lot of questions. If something is missing in a scene, be it in costumes or the sets, he will immediately point it out, and he is very concerned. He just gets into the scene."

Welcme back rajshree aka saloni 😛
add me in
m liking her in the promos

Rajshri looking georgeous in the queen costume😳
are...saloni!!!!!
maine pahechana hi nehi😕

btw add me in
she is so good.. loving her!!!

I like Rajashri as Maharani Jayawantabai⭐️
Her bodylanguage and dialogue delivery is amazing👏

Add me😉
Do add me, I really like her portrayal as Pratap's mom and a queen not to mention she is looking so stunning 😊