Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Wow Indu 👏..
This update is sooo beautiful and hot at same time.😳😳😳

Too good, no words tos say.👏

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
First let me congratulate you for winning the runner up of the best FF of the week.👏 I haven't read 'Night to Remember' but I am sure you deserve the award because i love your style of writing in general. Your thoughts are clear cut and your characters seem so real. Every little detail is so beautifully etched by you. It makes reading so enjoyable. Well done!👍🏼
Coming to parts 28 and 29, I am so damn happy Anjali has got over snakewa and confessed her love to Ajay! You are so right we were thinking on such similar lines when it came to lovemaking! As they say, great minds think alike!😆
inajnar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That was simply breathtaking Indu !! 
It was so passionate yet so subtle and mellow ...Beautifully written .
The little nuances you add...be it Rathod waiting and getting impatient ..or .Anjie mock scolding .. It was perfect .
😳

inajnar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
And oh yes..the song that i thought best described what the new Jodi thinks would be
"Teri Baahon mein hum, Jeete marte rahen,,,,Yunhi hum tumse pyaar karte rahe'

Apologies for commenting late...
Sisbamboo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So much happened in only two chapters! Ajay's relationship with Mrinalini was revealed and it was a sad tale. But now, Anjali and Ajay have moved on from their past and are focusing on their future. 

I will not be able to expand on the latest chapter except that it was nicely done!
Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Indu, when are you updating?
" Inteha ho gayi intezaar ki..aayi naa kuch khabar mere yaar ki..yeh humein hai yakeen...bewaafa woh nahi...phir vaaja kya huyi..Intezaar ki?😆...
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Hriju321

Indu, when are you updating?

" Inteha ho gayi intezaar ki..aayi naa kuch khabar mere yaar ki..yeh humein hai yakeen...bewaafa woh nahi...phir vaaja kya huyi..Intezaar ki?😆...

Sorry sorry!  kaan pakadke maafi maangti hoon.  Work pe P1 issue, to nahin karpayi.  Kal subah tak post - pakka😊
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Readers,

So sorry for the delay!!!! hopefully the update is worth it.  Thank you all my darlings for your support and patience.  English translations in-line for this one.  Enjoy!  Mwaah!!!!! Comment please 😊

Pyaar in the Pink City

Disclaimer: I do not own any rights to the pictures.  They have been procured from public internet sources and have been merely used for illustrative purposes.

Part 30

Decisions, Decisions 

It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are. 

Roy Disney

"This is so high.  Did I really climb up this high?  How come I never realized it then, but now it's crystal clear.  Oh God!  Please help.  Papa.  Arnav uncle.  Ramukaka. Somebody.  Anybody.  Why is no one even here?  What if no one ever finds out and I end up here till nightfall?  The gardeners were not due today and by the time anyone noticed she was gone, it might be at least an hour or more.  Oh dear Lord!  Please help me. Tashi prayed fervently, chanting the meager Sanskrit prayers she knew while the fist of fear around her heart tightened with every passing second.  

Her fertile mind had become a devil's workshop supplying her with one disastrous accident that could occur after another.  Her heart trembled in her chest and what little energy she had in her limbs left her as she sat glued to the branches of the huge Neem tree  near the perimeter wall that separated the gardens from the more woodsy part of Malhar's grounds. 

Tashi had been missing Tintin, her squirell for over two days and it was higly unlikely of Tintin not to show up at the Haveli.  Worrying that the worst had befallen him she had set out in search of her pet early that morning, looking for him at all of his favorite haunts when she had spotted a sudden blur of bushy tail shooting up this very tree.  Without a second thought, Tashi had abandoned her shoes and scampered up the tree.  To her delight in a hollow high up, she had discovered her Tintin cozily curling around three little babies all tiny and quivering next to him with their eyes barely open.  Tintin was now a daddy!  

Tashi was thrilled.  She had no idea!!!!  Overcome with joy, she had settled down on the branch feeding crackers from her pocket to Tintin.  When her thrill abated, she had attempted to get down, and was struck with terror at the sudden realization of how high she had gotten up in the tree in her eagerness.  Her eyes clouded over and her ears plugged in as the world tilted precariously around her.  Clutching tightly onto the branch, she sat petrified unable to move a muscle.  Resolving to shout out at the first sight of a human, she had bent over the branch hugging it for dear life with her arms and legs and peered down through the leaves.

Meanwhile, in Malhar, life was bustling with everyone getting ready in the sanctuary of their own rooms for breakfast.  

"Chotte, aap ko yaad hai na, ki aaj humne uss little business-man Chotte ko aap se milne ke liye bulaya hai? Who aata hi hoga, may be in another half-hour or so."  Anjali looked at her brother with a smile as they made their way down the stairs.  

Anjali had spoken to her brother at length about the bright young lad of fourteen who had charmed her when she had visited the little village on the outskits of the desert.  There was something about the boy that had tugged at her heart strings and reminded her of the fire in her own chotte's eyes, when he was that age.

"Haan Di, mujhe yaad hai.  Aur even if he is half as good as what you say, I'll ensure he gets our scholarship.  Happy?" Arnav asked.  (Yes Di.  I remember.  And even if he is half as good as what you say, I'll ensure he gets our scholarship.  Happy?  Arnav asked.

The last part is rhetorical, mused Arnav.  Di was glowing-----It was as if she had swallowed the radiant Rajasthan Sun that morning.  Anjali beamed at her brother and scanned the dining area, her eyes looking for Ajay.  

They had snuck back into their respective rooms right before daybreak, before the inmates had stirred awake that morning.  Her cheeks flamed with a sudden burst of color, as her gaze collided with Ajay's when she stepped off the last step; her mind recalling her wonderful night in his arms with vivid clarity.  Thanking her Bhagwan(God), for the welcome presence of Mamaji, mamiji and Dhruv that was claiming everyone's attention at the moment, she hastened towards them to join in the conversation.

Chotte whistled a merry tune as he stepped past the wooded regions, and entered through the gate into the manicured gardens of Malhar.  His young and handsome face was a curious mixture of suppressed excitement, joy and nerves.  He had been to the haveli twice before when his father had been alive.  He relived the moment he had made a firm mental pact with himself to rise against all odds and grow up to be rich and famous the last time he had been at Malhar as a young lad of seven.  Finally, after all these years, he saw a ray of hope.  Anjaliji had, like an angel told him all about the Ratna Mallik fund her brother instituted in memory of their mother.  This was his golden chance to get out of his village and would be his first step up the ladder.

A flash of white sneakers slightly off his path to the left caught his attention and stopped him dead in his tracks. "That's odd!  Who would leave their shoes out here?"  He pondered as he swerved off his path and drew closer towards the object, his eyes scanning the vicinity for its owner.  "It seemed like it belonged to a kid.  Who could it be?"  He crouched by it and wondered, when he heard soft sobs right overhead.  In a flash he snapped his head up directly above to find a white faced Tashi, hugging on to the branch for dear life her eyes tightly screwed shut.  

Without another thought he shrugged off his back pack, kicked off his shoes and bounded up the tree.   Tashi let out a small scream and tightened her hold, when she felt a hand on her back.   "Shhh, gabrayiye mat.  It's ok.  Mein hoon na? Kuch nahin hoga aapko.  Dekhiye iss taraf." Prompted a kind voice.  ("Shhh. Don't be afraid.  I am here now.  It's going to be ok.  I promise nothing will happen to you.  Here, now, look at me."  Prompted a kind voice.)  

A few minutes later, she was making her way down, clinging on to the back of this strange, strong boy, her arms wrapped securely around his shoulders and her legs around his waist, as he gingerly climbed down the tree.

"PAPA, ANJIE AUNTY" she called out, as she loosened her grip on the boy's hand and with one last grateful look at him, she launched herself at her dad.  

"Tashi sweetheart, what is all this.  Kya hua?" Exclaimed Ajay and Anjali.  

Soon the story came out of her lips amidst sobs and Tashi explained how terrified she had been up the tree afraid she would be lost for years and years and would have turned old before anyone found her.  She cut her exaggerated monologue short when she spotted a faint half smile on the boy's lips and his amusement rampant on his face at her dramatic declaration.  

Feeling slightly uneasy and embarrassed with her histrionics, Tashi sobered up and told her audience how brave the boy had been and rescued her.  Now it was Chotte's turn to shuffle his feet and not blush under the scrutiny of over a dozen eyes that were suddenly turned towards him.

"So, you are the chotte that Anjali di was telling me about!" Stated Arnav deciding to bail the poor lad who was clearly embarrassed with the sudden attention.   

"Ji" ("Yes, I am") replied the lad squaring his shoulders and meeting Arnav's piercing gaze with his own steady one, a spark in his slate grey eyes lending them a magnetic pull.

An hour later, Arnav and chotte emerged from the library.  Arnav smiled at his di with a slight nod.  Di was right.  The boy held promise.  He was intelligent and studious.  His grades spoke for themselves and the jewellery samples that he had brought along were original and fresh.  Above all,  Arnav recognized in him the ambition, drive and thirst for carving his own destiny.  It was as if he had stepped back in time and looked at himself in a mirror.  The boy would go far in life with or without his help.  Now, that alone made it impossible for him to not help and be a part of aiding his success.  

Arnav Singh Raizada had made up his mind.  Ratna Mallik scholarship would fund the boy through college and even more importantly, AR designs would launch a new line of Jewellery at the next annual AR Fashion reveal to be designed and supplied by him.  

"Hey!  wait a minute, What's your name?"  Quipped Tashi rushing to stand by Arnav, as the boy laid one foot out over the threshold after bidding them farewell.  

"Ayan.  Ayan Chaudhary!"  He said, turning around, with a smirk and a wink for her.

The family settled down for the third time that morning for a very delayed breakfast, with Tashi now safely ensconced between her dadaji and Anjie aunty.  The elders including buaji and Garimaji had advocated that Tashi should stay home for the day and skip school, what with the scare she had been through that morning.  

Manorama and Manohar proceeded to recount their experience at Lucknow.  They had reached Lucknow and visited the Jhas with the hope that they would be able to get them to turn witnesses and aid them in building any evidence against Shyam.  But within a few minutes, it had become apparent to them that the Jhas were blissfully unaware of the scheming side of their foster son.  They were overjoyed that they were united with him after nearly a decade and looking at their joy, Manorama and Manohar could not bring themselves to burst their bubble and lay out Shyam's evil deeds.  

"Waison bhi, ve log humre yakeen naahin karte aur ulta hum iss umr maa, unhe dukhi karte.  Tho humne eehi soch kar laut aaye ki kam se kam, apni galat faimi mein hi sahin, ve Khush rahe.  Hume kuch aur rasta dhoond na padega." Said mamaji, wrapping up his tale.  ("In any case they were too smitten by their foster son and their faith in him is unshaken.  They would not have believed a single word we said and would have refused to support us against him in any way.  All that would have remained is us inflicting sorrow on them with our words in their old-age, when they believe their hardships were finally over.  We simply have to find another way to get to Shyam." Said mamaji wrapping up his tale)

"Hello, hai, Bye-bye,  ooka dil thodna, humri bas ka baat nahin raha Anjali bitiya".said maami with an apologetic glance for Anjali.  ("Hello, Hai, Bye-bye, we simply could not bring ourselves to break their heart, Anjali my dear."  Said mami with an apologetic glance for Anjali)

"Nahin, nahin maami.  Aapne, theek kiya.  Iss umr mein unhe jhoot moot ka Khushi hi sahi, par Khushi to hai ki unka beta unhe lene aya aur aage dekh baal karega."  Replied Anjali.  ("You did the right thing Maami.  At their advanced age they have atleast a perception of happiness.  We don't need to burst their bubble.  Let them atleast have a hope that they will be taken care of in the last years of their life."  Replied Anjali.)

"Waise, I think we should let this go.  His chapter is closed.  We are all aware and on alert.  Tho hume ab aage ki sochna chahiye.  Bas do teen dinon mein we are headed to Delhi for my premier Paintings exhibit.(We should let this g for now.  My painting exhibit in Delhi is coming up in another two to three days anyway and we will be heading over.)   My first after more than five or six years", exclaimed Rathod in an attempt to infuse cheer.  

"Yeah!  Ajayji theek kah rahen hain.  Waise hum log aaj shaam tak Delhi ke liye niklenge aur aap do teen din baad aajayiyega" joined Akash looking at Arnav and Ajay.  ("Yeah!  Ajayji is right.  We will head over to Delhi to-night itself.  You guys can join us in two to three days per your plan" joined Akash looking at Arnav and Ajay. )

Anjali smiled at him, grateful for his intervention to lighten up the mood.

"Mein bhi aaj shaam nikal tha hoon for Delhi. (I'll head for Delhi tonight as well) Waise, I have news too.  Mera Andaman wala project finalize ho gaya hain.(My project in Andaman has been finalized)  A research project on the Indian ocean.  So for the next couple of years mein India mein hi kaam karoonga.(So for the next couple of years I'll be working from India)" Declared Dhruv, who had been a silent spectator up until then.  

The family was thrilled.  Maamiji had tears of joy as she engulfed her younger son in a bear hug.  Finally, their family would be complete again.

Everyone was talking simultaneously, excitement charging the air with electric intensity, that subsided when Ajay rose from his chair and held his hand out for Anjali.  She looked up at him, her gaze slightly surprised but steady.  Instinctively, she knew what he was going to say next and she was ready for it finally.  Slipping her hand slowly into his, she let him pull her up.   A hushed silence pervaded the great hall where mere seconds ago it rang with a cacophony of voices.  Even Sarada bai and Ramu kaka froze in their tracks and waited with bated breath.  

"Chachaji, Naaniji, Tashi, Arnav, Akash, everyone, Mein aap sab se kuch kahana chahta hoon.  With your permission, mein Anjali se shaadi karna chahta hoon."  ("I want to say something to all of you.  With your permission, I want to marry Anjali.")   

There was a moment of stunned silence before the room erupted with hoots of joy.  Tashi was the first to move.  She dashed towards them and fairly toppled them over when she hugged them both, demanding to know, "Kya iska matlab Anjie aunty will stay with us forever and hum unhe mamma bula sakte hain?(Does this mean Anjie aunty can stay with us forever and that I get to call her mamma?)"  

Viren chacha thumped his boy on the back. Devyani smiled through tears in her eyes.  

Arnav, Akash and NK beamed as did their wives.  Khushi threw her arms around her Arnavji and kissed him smack dab on his cheek in a fit of excitement.  

Anjali hugged Tashi and leaned her head against Rathod's shoulder as she laughed and answered her family, her eyes meeting her chotte's brilliant gaze.  He was happy and approved of this relationship whole-heartedly she could tell.  

"Finally Di had found love and a man she deserved.  One who would take care of her for life, one who would put her needs above his everytime." Thought Arnav, as he smiled back at his di even as he tightened his grip around his Khushi's waist and drew her closer.  

Malhar was indeed agog with happiness.  What a way to start the day!

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
res
unres
been waiting for this the whole day and finally got to enjoy during dinner...😃

Hai re Nandkisore! An Arnav equivalent for Tashi-the-ASR-fan? Didn't know you were this mischievous 😉 That girl joined Arnav fan club much later than us, yet she got a possible IPKKND future planned for her? This is surely a production of Barun craze in you...! 😳

Again a happy-wala filler update. LOVED the A-A announcement, apecially how Anjali sought Arnav's approval. 

Waiting for fireworks in the next chapter perhaps? 😳
Love Ya!
Edited by aruni50218 - 10 years ago