Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: psarada

Chalo this time around I am here to give my comments very early.

Lovely update. I liked the way you wove in the flashback of Ajay in the act of Anjali. I can very well understand the despair of the man, the way he met Mrinalini and their life together and then her death. It takes a long time to move past the shadow of death of your spouse and find love again. Ajay was able to cross that threshold and now with the past of both Anjali and Ajay out - I hope they will be able to embrace future together. Seems like Arnav, Akash and the Raizada family is all waiting for Anjali's yes and then have the marriage of Ajay and Anjali done in the haveli. Can't wait for Anjali and Ajay to announce that they are ready to take the next step together. Both have been hurt and it is time for them to heal their hurt together. Lovely update. Beautiful and I can very well imagine the pain of both Anjali and Ajay in this update. What happened to Shyam? I hope he is also given out his punishment and he doesn't strike again in the life of Ajay and Anjali. Now waiting for the next update.

Phew!  what a load off both their chests. So what will be next chapter about - ?  Ajay Anjali's next step or Shyamu's dhayya ho wala encounter or mama and mami Bond's discoveries...  Hmmm keep guessing πŸ˜‰    
Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: SPMom

Wow what a story.. It makes them so perfect couple, Anjali longing for love and Ajay who has a lot to offer.

Loved the way you have described the party, with bollywood dancing and Arnav as Devanand I wish I could see that :).

πŸ˜ƒ Me too.  Would give an arm and a lrg to see ASR as Dev Anand.  Better that than the towel-rubbing-his-crotch dance we got on the serial.  I still cringe when I recall that scene
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: ForLoveofBarun

Phew!  what a load off both their chests. So what will be next chapter about - ?  Ajay Anjali's next step or Shyamu's dhayya ho wala encounter or mama and mami Bond's discoveries...  Hmmm keep guessing πŸ˜‰    

When are you updating the next part. I am going out of station tomorrow(Aug 15th) and will be back only on Sunday so if you update in meanwhile I will be able to read it only after I come back. Do pm me and hopefully I will catch up with your story once I am back on Sunday.
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: psarada

When are you updating the next part. I am going out of station tomorrow(Aug 15th) and will be back only on Sunday so if you update in meanwhile I will be able to read it only after I come back. Do pm me and hopefully I will catch up with your story once I am back on Sunday.

Dear Sarada,

I'll be posting tonight - aug 14th PST that will be Aug 15th morning IST.  Will definitely PM you.  Hope you are going some where Fun.  Enjoy.  By Sunday there will be two posts, so hoping you will be able to catch my next post Aug 15 morn just before you set off on your travel.  As always will look forward to your comments in either case.  Have a safe trip and Happy Indian Independence Day in Advance.
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Dear Readers,

Wishing all Indians globally a Happy Independence Day - 15th Aug

I am super thrilled this week.  You ask why?  Well, my very fisrt SS on this forum 'A Night to Remember was awarded FF of the week - Runner up'  Yay!  me happies and a heart felt thank you to all of you readers for loving that story so much.  πŸ€—  I was completely unaware of this till aruni50218 had PMed me her congratulations.  Aruni, - Mwaah!

Ranjani, big thanks for the song in your comments on my last update.  It has become my inspiration song for this post πŸ˜Š

English version posted right after this one.

Read, enjoy, like and comment!

Pyaar in the Pink City
Disclaimer:  I do not own any rights to these pictures.  They have been procured from public internet sources and have been used merely for illustrative purposes.

Part 28

Been There Done that

Dil Ki Girah Khol Do, Chup Na Baitho, Koi Geet Gaao
Aa Aa Aa Aa, Mahafil Men Ab Kaun Hai Ajanabi,
Tum Mere Paas Aao
Dil Kii Girah Khol Do ... 

~ From the movie-Raat aur Din

He was winging this entirely.  Something that was very uncharacteristic of him, for Shyam Manohar Jha never did things with out careful planning.  But then over the past couple of weeks, acting on impulse seems to have become the norm.  It irritated him and puzzled him.  

The last thing he had done in accordance with a deliberate plan was sending Raani Sahiba a gift basket for Teej.  He had planned on following that act by revealing himself to her during Vrindavan's Pre Launch party.  He had expected some initial coldness and refusal, but was confident he could thaw her like he always had in the past with his words, convince her, he was a changed man and start their relationship afresh.  With the 'Will' destroyed, this was the only way to get back into Shantivan.  Raani Sahiba was the key.  She had helped him get back in the past and would do so again, provided he played his cards right and this time around he would lie low amongst them till the perfect opportunity to strike back.  

He had it all planned out, and then when he saw the vibes between Anjali and Rathod at the party and noticed that Anjali seemed to have changed completely, he was engulfed with a scorching emotion, something primal within him awakening, something he had never felt before and could not recognize.  He had an insane urge to rip Rathod apart with his bare hands and before he did something foolish he had left the place.  

Since then, his every waking moment had been consumed with thoughts of Anjali and getting back with her on the same footing they were at, before the little fiasco that exposed his evil acts to her. 

WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO HIM? WHY DID HE CARE?  Could it be that he was, like the rest of them, weak and had grown to --------?  NO.  Shyam Manohar Jha is not a weakling to succumb to that.  No, it has to be something else.  He simply could not bear to see what had once belonged to him, be taken away from him by another.  Yes, that's what it is.  That's what it has to be.  He convinced himself, as he walked around the palatial Vrindavan and crossed the lawn, making a beeline for the guest house.

Anjali was humming a soft tune to herself a slight smile playing on her lips as she looked at the work order for the day.  Things were progressing very well.  In a couple of weeks they could start discussing about when they would throw the resort open to the public.  They had already received several booking requests for major events.  One of the first was from Nitin and Radhika who wanted to be married in the haveli.  

"Speaking of Nitin, it's about time he showed up.  Oh! There he is now." She thought, rising her head at the sound of approaching footsteps, and the welcoming smile on her face froze instantly.

The sudden change in her irritated Shyam, but he schooled his features and smiled warmly "Raani Sahibha,  Kaise hain aap?  Hum aapko uss din pre-launch party ke baad milne hi wale the, aapko baadayi dene ke liye, par kya kare, achanak kuch kaam aagaya tha.  Waise aap ho hi tareef ki khabil."

Anjali was lost for words; she stood up on shaky legs and looked at the man who had once meant the world to her, whom she had loved and trusted blindly.  She simply stared trying to discern how she felt at the moment.  "Nothing.  She felt nothing for him.  Neither anger, nor fear, nor the love she once had."  

Shyam continued in his honeyed voice, "Dekhiye, hum aapke liye kya layen hain, aapka manpasand" and he extracted a bouquet of red roses from his bag offering it to her with his most winsome smile.  

When she made no move to accept, he placed it on the table and continued, "Hum aapse maafi mangna chathe hain.  Sirf aap se hi nahin balki sara parivar se, khaas kar Khushiji aur saale-saab se.  Jo kuch bhi humne kiya who bada gira hua tha.  Par hum uska prayaschit karna chathe hain.  Shruvaad tho aapse hi karni thi, kyon ki sab se zyada tho hum ne aap ke saat galati ki hai.  Par hum aajbhi, nahin, nahin, pahale se zyada aapse pyaar----" 

Anjali swiftly cut him off in a low voice that brooked no arguments, "Ab bas bhi keejiye Shyam ji.  Aapko, na pahle tha, na ab humse pyaar hai.  Aur agar aap soch rahe hain ki ab bhi hum wohi Anjali hain jo aap ki har baat ko itni aasanise such maanlegi, tho aap galat faimi me hain.  Hume aapki koi bhi baat nahin sun ni hain.  Ab aap jaayiye"    

Shyam's face twisted with rage and grabbing her arms he forced her to face him "Aap humse itni berukhi se baat nahin karsakte hain Raani Sahiba.  Aakhir hum pati hain aapke.  Hum suche dil se maafi maang rahe hain.  Lagta hain aap uss Ajay ki baton mein behak ja rahi hain.  Are who to shaayad aapse zyada apne ghodon se pyar karta hain."   He hissed, venom dripping in his words as vitriolic jealousy and a hitherto unknown fear of rejection burned up his insides.

"Kya?  Aap kiss se----? Aap Ajayji se mile?" panic crept into Anjali's voice at the thought that Shyam had been meeting Ajay who had no idea who he was talking to.  "Oh God! Had she put him in danger by not telling him that this Rakesh Singh from the mall was none other than Shyam?" Fear rose like bile in her throat and she felt her vision clouding over as cold panic crept up her spine. 

"Haan mile the hum uss Ajay se.  Ek baar nahin do teen baar, akele mein."  Shyam ground out, the concern in her voice for the man he was growing to despise by the minute enraged him even further, "Aur Khairiyat issi mein hain ki aap unse door hi rahe.  Samji aap?  Aap mane ya na mane, aap humare the, aur humare rahenge.  Yeh baat achi tarah se samaj leejiye Raani Sahiba."  And releasing her abruptly, he whirled on his heels to walk away.

Anjali collapsed on the floor, her weakened legs unable to hold her up any longer and stared after his retreating figure in shock.  "What was that all about?  Did he really care?  No, a man like Shyam could not possibly care.  He definitely has to have some other motive in his mind.  If he had really cared for her, he would not have lusted after another woman, kidnapped the brother she loved more than her life, not murdered their child, one she had wanted more than anything else.  No, he is a selfish and cruel man who will use every available emotion to manipulate.  Ajay, oh God!  I have put Ajay in danger unknowingly." She thought, looking around wildly and attempting to stand up on shaky legs when Ajay and Nitin entered laughing over something one of them had just said.  

In a split second Ajay had leapt over the threshold to hold a swaying Anjali, and steadying her he said in a voice laced with concern "Anjali, careful.  Kya hua?"  

Anjali could not speak for a few seconds; relief washed over her to see Ajay in front of her unharmed, and she merely pointed out gesticulating and muttering, "Who, abhi abhi, who"

"Who, kaun?  Anjali? Kahin tum uss reporter ke bare mein tho nahin ---jo hume abhi bahar mila tha?" questioned Nitin while Anjali's eyes widened in fear and she tightened her grip on Ajay's arm nodding her head.  

"Haan Nitin.  Ajay, I am sorry.  Hume aapko pahle hi batadena tha ki humne usse usi din pahchan liya tha jab humne mall me use paheli baar dekha tha.  Par hum kah nahi paye, phir, hum Jaipur aagaye, and then there were so many things happening, so fast.   I never thought he would show up again, I am sorry" she pleaded tears rolling down her cheek.  

"Shhh, Anjali, get a grip on yourself.  Who is he?  Kya who Rakesh Singh koi aur hai?" asked Ajay.   

"Woh Shyamji hain" declared Anjali.

Ajay finished sketching while the rest of the family around the dining table had been busy catching each other up on Shyam's re-entry into the lives of the Raizadas.  

They had returned back to the haveli and Anjali had finished telling her brothers the entire story starting at the mall and ending with the incident today, while he filled in the gaps with his meeting with Shyam who had interviewed him, and Arnav had then shared the story from the very beginning when they had become aware that Shyam was up to something starting with him breaking into Shantivan at night, in late July, looking for the 'Will' and later the episode of kamlaji till mama, mami and Dhruv's trip to Kashi in search of the Jhas in an attempt to start piecing his past together so they could find some clues or evidence to his manipulative mastermind; and find something to take him to court for; to strengthen their case to keep him behind bars.

"Here, this is how he looks.  Aur uska assumed naam hain Rakesh Singh, journalist.  Now it should be easy for your detective agency to sniff the connection out" said Ajay handing Arnav and Akash the sketch of Rakesh Singh that he had just completed.  

"Now, no harm has been done.  Mere khayal se, either woh careless ban raha hain, ya hum lucky, ki hum usse ek kadam aage hain.  So relax.  Sare household help aur security ko ab pata hain ki yeh kaisa dikhta hain, so he cannot even enter here.  Anjali and Khushi are both safe while they are at the haveli." He declared reassuring the family.

Anjali paced the front porch idly.  Chotte would not hear of her leaving the haveli after yesterday's episode.  Strangely, she was no longer scared or shaken.  All the discussion this morning and the calm and collected assurance from Rathod had dispelled her fears.  Her brothers and Rathod would deal with everything.  Shyam was fast fading from her mind.  

What she needed to decide on though was what her next step was going to be as far as Ajay was concerned.  The simmering attraction between them was evident right from the very beginning and over the space of the past couple of months, she had seen all his myriad shades and grown to love him even more with each revelation. As for chachaji and Tashi, she had long since considered them family.  Ajay had declared his irrevocable love for her; now it was her move.                 

Looking up she saw Garimaji wheeling Shashiji out for his evening stroll around the gardens.  She waved to them and decided to accompany them.  

"Layi ye, hum karte hain" she said taking charge of the wheel chair from Garimaji. "  Shashiji raised a steady hand and smiled acknowledging her presence" and Anjali thought she heard him say Namaste.  She rejoiced at the steady improvement he was making under the care of Dr. Shenoy.  

They strolled in companionable silence for a while and presently stopped to rest awhile at a covered gazebo.  Shashiji had nodded off during their little stroll, and after adjusting his head in a comfortable angle, Garima walked to sit by Anjali who had settled down on the iron bench a few feet away. 

"Ka baat hain beta, kauno baat pe vichaar kar rahi ho ka?  Agar Shyamji ki baat hain tho" she asked kindly taking in the lost expression on Anjali's face.

"Nahin, aunty ji.  Who darasal hum kissi aur ke bare mein soch rahen the", repied Anjali blushing slightly at the thought of discussing Ajay with Garimaji.  

"Agar aap bura na mane tho hum aapse poochna chathe hain, ki aapne kaise, matlab.  Aap papa se pyaar karte the, aur unka dhoka jab samne aaya tho, aap tho thut gayi hogi, phir aapne kaise Shashi ji ke saat --- humara matlab" Anjali stammered as she struggled to find the right words to ask what she wanted to. 

"Hum samjgaye beta" said Garimaji kindly patting her hand.  "Aapke babuji ke baad, hum apne gaon, kakori, laut gaye the, jiji aur jijaji ke pas.  Unhon ne hume bahut pyaar diya aur humara hosla badaya.  Par humare laut ne ki bas ek do hafton ke baad who dono ek hadse ka shikar hogaye.  Who postoffice, jahan par jijai kaam karte the, uss mein achanak, ek raat aag lag gayi thi, aur jijai turant ghar se nikal pade, taki who aag buja sake, ya kam se kam kuch zaroori khagazat bacha sake.  Iss chakkar mein who andar phas gaye the, aur jab jiji ko pata chala, who Kusi ko mere havale saunp kar, jijaji ko bachane nikhal padi.  Kuch gaon walon ne madad karne ki khohish ki, par jiji aur jijaji dono bhi uss hadse mein chal base.   

Hum phir se akale hogaye.  Aur ab humare saat ek choti si jaan bhi thi jiske liye hum zimmedar the, Kusi.    Tab humare door ke chachaji Payaliye ke bapuji ka rishta leke aaye the.  Pahele to hum haan issliye kahe rahe kyon ki hume kauno aur rasta nahin sooj raha tha, aur hum ne sab kuch sahan karne ki thaanli.  

Hume inse koi aapeksha nahin thi, par inhone humare zindagi mein itni mithaas ghol di, aur jeevan mein itna pyaar bhar diya ki hum ka bataye.  Hum apne beetahue khal poori tarah se bhool gaye aur humare choti si khushhal zindagi mein magan hogaye.  Kusi ko baapuji ka saaya aur Payaliya ko maa milgayi.  Hum ne apne khud ke bache nahin paida karne ki soch li .  Bas Devi Mayya ki Kripa hain ki aap ke baapuji ke saat nahin balke inke saat humare jeevan ki dor band gayi. "  

"Who hume maaf karna beta, aapki baapuji ke bare mein..."

Anjali swiftly interrupted with "Nahin, aunty, actually, maafi tho hum aapse maangte hain, bapuji ki harkat ke liye."  

"Beta, Ajayji aapse bahut mohabbat karte hain, aur jahan thak hum samaj the hain, aap bhi unhe pasand karte hain.  Hum tho aap se sirf yeh kahenge ki, bheeti hui kal ke chakkar mein, jo khushiyan aapko aaj mil rahe hain, usse naahin gavaayiye.  Apne dimak aur dil ki dwaar donon ko khol kar rakhiye, taaki aap aane wale pyaar ko andar aake bas ne ka mauka de sake." Finished Garima, stroking Anjali's head gently.

Upon her return to the haveli, Anjali walked over to her naniji's room.  She had made up her mind after her talk with Garimaji.  After a few minutes of casual talk, Anjali sat at Devyani's feet and rested her head on her naani's lap.  

Devyani stroked her grandchild's hair with a gentle "Ka baat hain Anjali?" 

"Naani, Ajayji hume pasand karte hain aur who hamare jawab ka intezaar kar rahen hain" she said straightening up to look at naaniji's face.  

Devyani cupped her grand-daughter's cheek gently trying to hide her excitement and asked "Aur aap kaa jawab denevale hain?"  

"Hum bhi unhe pasand karte hain aur hum unhe yeh baat batane ki soch rahen hain" replied Anjali truthfully, coloring up to the tips of her hair.  

"Sahi faisla kiya Anjali bitiya.  Devi Mayya ki lakh lakh shukar hai" gushed Devyani, with tears of joy.  

Anjali hugged her and after extracting a promise from her to keep things quiet till she had had a chance to talk to Ajay first, she left the room in search of her Chotte.  She couldn't possibly keep this from him. 

A bounding Tashi bumped into her in the living room.  "Arrey sambhalke Tashi.  Ghir jayenge aap", cautioned Anjali and asked in general scanning the rest of the family members scattered around in the couch in the living room, "Aapne chotte ko dekha hai?"  

"Anjie aunty, I know, I saw him.  Humne Arnav uncle aur Khushi aunty ko courtyard mein dekha hain.  Who dono 'nosey-nosey' khel rahe hain" quipped Tashi happily before bounding away after Dobby and Lakshmiji.  

Anjali gasped, while the rest of them guffawed.  The indomitable ASR was caught while making out with his wife, by a nine year old. NK resolved to give him many hours of grief over this, and Anjali texted chotte of her intent to talk to him, as she proceeded in the direction of the courtyard with a shake of her head and a smile on her lips.

"I am so happy Di.  Ajay is a good man and he will keep you happy" stated Arnav without any reservations, hugging his Di tightly, the minute Anjali revealed her intention of saying Yes to Ajay.  

Khushi was delighted and joined in the hug with tears of joy streaming down her cheek, happy that finally Anjali di was truly finding happiness and love.

Anjali glanced at her watch as she put finishing touches to the Dal Baati she had lovingly cooked for Ajay.  Rathod was on one of his painting sprees that afternoon and had not come downstairs for dinner.  She arranged his portion on a tray and added her note in a little covered dish. 

"Ramu kaka, humne Rathodji ka dinner ready karli hain, kya aap isse unke studio tak le jayenge?" she said handing Ramsingh the covered tray and headed out to join the family who were relaxing on the porch after their dinner.  

Now all she had to do was wait for the family to go to bed before she stole out to meet him at his studio as she had said she would in her little note to him.  Anjali, tried to conceal the excitement and joy bubbling in her heart from revealing itself on her face.  

"Atlast she would accept what had been staring at her since the day she had set sight on him in the mall in July.  She loved Ajay whole heartedly and was not afraid to reveal it to him.  Tonight she would tell him what was in her heart."  Anjali smiled secretly as she hugged herself.

PS: Any guesses on what the next post entails?  He He He πŸ˜ˆ

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Dear Readers,

Wishing all Indians globally a Happy Independence Day - 15th Aug 

I was completely unaware of this till aruni50218 had PMed me her congratulations.  Aruni, - Mwaah!I am super thrilled this week.   You ask why?  Well, my very fisrt SS on this forum 'A Night to Remember was awarded FF of the week - Runner up'  Yay!  me happies and a heart felt thank you to all of you readers for loving that story so much.πŸ€—

Ranjani, big thanks for the song in your comments on my last update.  It has become my inspiration song for this post. πŸ˜Š

Read, enjoy, like and comment!

Pyaar in the Pink City (English)

Disclaimer:  I do not own any rights to these pictures.  They have been procured from public internet sources and have been used merely for illustrative purposes.

Part 28

Been There Done that

Dil Ki Girah Khol Do, Chup Na Baitho, Koi Geet Gaao
Aa Aa Aa Aa, Mahafil Men Ab Kaun Hai Ajanabi,
Tum Mere Paas Aao
Dil Kii Girah Khol Do ... 

~ From the movie-Raat aur Din 

He was winging this entirely.  Something that was very uncharacteristic of him, for Shyam Manohar Jha never did things with out careful planning.  But then over the past couple of weeks, acting on impulse seems to have become the norm.  

It irritated him and puzzled him.  The last thing he had done in accordance with a deliberate plan was sending Raani Sahiba a gift basket for Teej.  He had planned on following that act by revealing himself to her during Vrindavan's Pre Launch party.  He had expected some initial coldness and refusal, but was confident he could thaw her like he always had in the past with his words, convince her, he was a changed man and start their relationship afresh.  With the 'Will' destroyed, this was the only way to get back into Shantivan.  Raani Sahiba was the key.  She had helped him get back in the past and would do so again, provided he played his cards right and this time around he would lie low amongst them till the perfect opportunity to strike back.  

He had it all planned out, and then when he saw the vibes between Anjali and Rathod at the party and noticed that Anjali seemed to have changed completely, he was engulfed with a scorching emotion, something primal within him awakening, something he had never felt before and could not recognize.  He had an insane urge to rip Rathod apart with his bare hands and before he did something foolish he had left the place.  Since then, his every waking moment had been consumed with thoughts of Anjali and getting back with her on the same footing they were at, before the little fiasco that exposed his evil acts to her. 

WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO HIM? WHY DID HE CARE?  Could it be that he was, like the rest of them, weak and had grown to --------?  NO.  Shyam Manohar Jha is not a weakling to succumb to that.  No, it has to be something else.  He simply could not bear to see what had once belonged to him, be taken away from him by another.  Yes, that's what it is.  That's what it has to be.  He convinced himself, as he walked around the palatial Vrindavan and crossed the lawn, making a beeline for the guest house.

Anjali was humming a soft tune to herself a slight smile playing on her lips as she looked at the work order for the day.  Things were progressing very well.  In a couple of weeks they could start discussing about when they would throw the resort open to the public.  They had already received several booking requests for major events.  One of the first was from Nitin and Radhika who wanted to be married in the haveli.  

"Speaking of Nitin, it's about time he showed up.  Oh! There he is now." She thought, rising her head at the sound of approaching footsteps, and the welcoming smile on her face froze instantly.

The sudden change in her irritated Shyam, but he schooled his features and smiled warmly "My dear Raani Sahibha,  How are you?  I was at your pre-launch party last week and wanted to meet with you, but unfortunately, something urgent had cropped up that took me away from you.  You were absolutely brilliant that night and took my breath away.  Of course I always knew you had it in you to wow everyone."

Anjali was lost for words; she stood up on shaky legs and looked at the man who had once meant the world to her, whom she had loved and trusted blindly.  She simply stared trying to discern how she felt at the moment.  "Nothing.  She felt nothing for him.  Neither anger, nor fear, nor the love she once had."  

Shyam continued in his honeyed voice, "I am sure this is going to bring that smile back on your lips, your favorite---" and he extracted a bouquet of red roses from his bag offering it to her with his most winsome smile.  When she made no move to accept, he placed it on the table and continued, "I came to grovel at your feet, to apologize for everything.  Infact, I want to apologize to the whole family, Khushiji and Saale-sab(brother-in-law = Arnav).  What I had put you all through was terrible.  I am truly sorry. My penitence starts with you.  I had put you through hell, and I am truly crushed at that thought.  I'll endure any punishment you handout;just don't keep me away from you any longer, because even today, in fact even more than in the past I love----" 

Anjali swiftly cut him off in a low voice that brooked no arguments, "Stop.  Shyamj, you have no love for me, neither in the past, nor now.  Do you think I am the same gullible and weak Anjali who craved for affection so much that she would lap up every lie you told her.  Well, I have news for you.  That Anjali does not exist anymore.  I have nothing to say to you nor am I interested in anything you have to say.  So please leave now."  

Shyam's face twisted with rage and grabbing her by her arms he forced her to face him "Don't talk to me in that tone and treat me so indifferently Raani Sahiba.  After all I am your husband.  I sincerely wish to make amends.  If you are speaking under the influence of that Ajay, just know that he probably does not care for you.  He probably loves his horses more than he ever will love you"   He hissed, venom dripping in his words as vitriolic jealousy and a hitherto unknown fear of rejection burned up his insides.

"Whaat?  When did you----? Did you meet Ajay?" panic crept into Anjali's voice at the thought that Shyam had been meeting Ajay who had no idea who he was talking to.  "Oh God! Had she put him in danger by not telling him that this Rakesh Singh from the mall was none other than Shyam?" Fear rose like bile in her throat and she felt her vision clouding over as cold panic crept up her spine. 

"Yes I met that Ajay.  Not once, but about two or three times, once at his haveli under your very nose."  Shyam ground out, the concern in her voice for the man he was growing to despise by the minute enraged him even further, "I am warning you.  Stay away from that man.  Do you understand?  Regardless of what you think, you were mine, and will continue to belong to me.  Don't you forget that Raani Sahiba."  And releasing her abruptly, he whirled on his heels to walk away.

Anjali collapsed on the floor, her weakened legs unable to hold her up any longer and stared after his retreating figure in shock.  "What was that all about?  Did he really care?  No, a man like Shyam could not possibly care.  He definitely has to have some other motive in his mind.  If he had really cared for her, he would not have lusted after another woman, kidnapped the brother she loved more than her life, not murdered their child, one she had wanted more than anything else.  No, he is a selfish and cruel man who will use every available emotion to manipulate.  Ajay, oh God!  I have put Ajay in danger unknowingly." She thought, looking around wildely and attempting to stand up on shaky legs when Ajay and Nitin entered laughing over something one of them had just said. 

In a split second Ajay had leapt over the threshold to hold a swaying Anjali, and steadying her he said in a voice laced with concern "Anjali, careful.  What happened?"  

Anjali could not speak for a few seconds; relief washed over her to see Ajay in front of her unharmed, and she merely pointed out gesticulating and muttering, "That man, who was here----"

"Who?  Anjali? Are you referring to that reporter Rakesh Singh that we ran into outside?" Questioned Nitin while 

Anjali's eyes widened in fear and she tightened her grip on Ajay's arm nodding her head.  "Yes Nitin.  Ajay, I am sorry.I should have told you the truth long back.  Infact I should have told you the day we first met him in the mall in Delhi.  I could not then, for I did not know you well enough, then we left for Jaipur, and then there were so many things happening, so fast.   I never thought he would show up again, I am sorry" she pleaded tears rolling down her cheek.  

"Shhh, Anjali, get a grip on yourself.  Who is he?  Is this Rakesh Singh someone else?" asked Ajay.   

"He is none other than Shyamji" declared Anjali.

Ajay finished sketching while the rest of the family around the dining table had been busy catching each other up on Shyam's re-entry into the lives of the Raizadas.  

They had returned back to the haveli and Anjali had finished telling her brothers the entire story starting at the mall and ending with the incident today, while he filled in the gaps with his meeting with Shyam who had interviewed him, and Arnav had then shared the story from the very beginning when they had become aware that Shyam was up to something;starting with him breaking into Shantivan at night, in late July looking for the 'Will', and later the episode of kamlaji, till mama, mami and Dhruv's trip to Kashi in search of the Jhas in an attempt to start piecing his past together so they could find some clues or evidence to his manipulative mastermind; and find something to take him to court for to strengthen their case to keep him behind bars.

"Here, this is how he looks.  We know that his assumed name and occupation -  Rakesh Singh, journalist.  Now it should be easy for your detective agency to sniff the connection out" said Ajay handing Arnav and Akash the sketch of Rakesh Singh that he had just completed.  

"Now, no harm has been done.  Either he is getting careless, or we are getting lucky that we are a step ahead of him.  So relax.  We will distribute this picture to all of the household help and security, so he cannot even enter here.  Anjali and Khushi are both safe while they are at the haveli." He declared reassuring the family.

Anjali paced the front porch idly.  Chotte would not hear of her leaving the haveli after yesterday's episode.  Strangely, she was no longer scared or shaken.  All the discussion following the incident and the calm and collected assurance from Rathod had dispelled her fears.  Her brothers and Rathod would deal with everything.  Shyam was fast fading from her mind.  

What she needed to decide on though was what her next step was going to be as far as Ajay was concerned.  The simmering attraction between them was evident right from the very beginning and over the space of the past couple of months, she had seen all his myriad shades and grown to love him even more with each revelation. As for chachaji and Tashi, she had long since considered them family.  Ajay had declared his irrevocable love for her; now it was her move.                 

Looking up she saw Garimaji wheeling Shashiji out for his evening stroll around the gardens.  She waved to them and decided to accompany them.  

"Here, let me help" she said taking charge of the wheel chair from Garimaji."  Shashiji raised a steady hand and smiled acknowledging her presence" and Anjali thought she heard him say  Namaste.  She rejoiced at the steady improvement he was making under the care of Dr. Shenoy.  

They strolled in companionable silence for a while and presently stopped to rest awhile at a covered gazebo.  Shashiji had nodded off during their little stroll, and after adjusting his head in a comfortable angle, Garima walked to sit by Anjali who had settled down on the iron bench a few feet away. 

"What is the matter my dear.  Are you worried about something?  If it is about Shyam---" she asked kindly taking in the lost expression on Anjali's face.

"No, auntyji.  I was thinking about someone else", repied Anjali blushing slightly at the thought of discussing Ajay with Garimaji.  

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you move on, after my father's betrayal and you know with Shashiji--- I mean---" Anjali stammered as she struggled to find the right words to ask what she wanted to. 

"I understand child" said Garimaji kindly patting her hand.  "After your Dad's truth was revealed, I returned to Kakori, my village, where my jiji and jijaji took me in with open arms and healed my wounds with their love and restored my confidence.  Unfortunately within a couple of weeks I lost them to a freak accident.  The post office where jijai worked caught fire one night and jijai rushed over to salvage what he could from the raging fires.  He unfortunately got trapped in the building and when jiji heard of this, she ran to his aid leaving her sleeping daughter with me.  

They never came back alive.  I had become alone again, only this time I was responsible for another life, Kusi.   It was at this juncture in my life that a distant uncle of mine approached me with Payaliya's dad's proposal.  I was not sure of what I wanted any more.  Love had lost its meaning to me after what I had experienced.  My only thought was of security for me and this innocent child for whose upbringing I was responsible.  I had no choice but to say yes.  

I entered into wedlock with zero expectations, but Payaliya's dad filled my life with the sweetness of love.  He healed all my wounds, restored my esteem and taught me the true meaning of love.  Payaliye now had a mother and Kusi a father.  We decided to not have any progeny of our own, so we could shower all our attention on Kusi and Payaliya.  

Thank God that Devimayya had chosen to bind me with Shashiji instead of your dad.  I am sorry that this might have hurt you, him being your dad..."     

Anjali swiftly interrupted with "Please don't apologize, aunty. Actually, I am sorry for what my father put you through."  

"Anjali, my dear, Ajayji seems to be very much in love with you and cares deeply for you.  As far as I can see, you seem to like him too.  Do not dwell on the past and lose a wonderful man like him.  Keep the doors to your mind and heart open, so that you give love a chance to enter into and enrich your life." Finished Garima, stroking Anjali's head gently.

Upon her return to the haveli, Anjali walked over to her naani's room.  She had made up her mind after her talk with Garimaji.  After a few minutes of casual talk, Anjali sat at Devyani's feet and rested her head on her naani's lap.  

Devyani stroked her grandchild's hair with a gentle "What is the matter Anjali?"  

"Naani, Ajayji has expressed his love for me and is waiting for my answer" she said straightening up to look at Devyani's face.  

Devyani cupped her grand-daughter's cheek gently trying to hide her excitement and asked, "And what is your answer going to be?"  

"Naani, I like him and care for him an awful lot.  I think I am in love with him, so I plan to say yes" replied Anjali truthfully, coloring up to the tips of her hair.  

"You have taken a right decision my child.  Many thanks to Devi Mayya for blessing you" gushed Devyani, with tears of joy.  

Anjali hugged her and after extracting a promise from her to keep things quiet till she had had a chance to talk to Ajay first, she left the room in search of her Chotte.  She couldn't possibly keep this from him. 

A bounding Tashi bumped into her in the living room.  

"Careful Tashi.  You'll get hurt", cautioned Anjali and asked in general scanning the rest of the family members scattered around in the couch in the living room, "Has anyone seen chotte?"  

"Anjie aunty, I know, I saw him.  I saw Arnav uncle playing 'nosey-nosey' with Khushi aunty in the courtyard." Quipped Tashi happily before bounding away after Dobby and Lakshmiji.  

Anjali gasped, while the rest of them guffawed.  The indomitable ASR was caught while making out with his wife, by a nine year old.  NK resolved to give him many hours of grief over this, and Anjali texted chotte of her intent to talk to him, as she proceeded in the direction of the courtyard with a shake of her head and a smile on her lips.

"I am so happy Di.  Ajay is a good man and he will keep you happy" stated Arnav without any reservations, hugging his Di tightly, the minute Anjali revealed her intention of saying Yes to Ajay.  

Khushi was delighted and joined in the hug with tears of joy streaming down her cheek, happy that finally Anjali di was truly finding happiness and love.

Anjali glanced at her watch as she put finishing touches to the Dal Baati she had lovingly cooked for Ajay.  Rathod was on one of his painting sprees that afternoon and had not come downstairs for dinner.  She arranged his portion on a tray and added her note in a little covered dish.  

"Ramu kaka, Rathodji's dinner is ready.  Will you take this up to his studio for me?" She asked handing Ramsingh the covered tray and headed out to join the family who were relaxing on the porch after their dinner.  

Now all she had to do was wait for the family to go to bed before she stole out to meet him at his studio as she had said she would in her little note to him.  Anjali, tried to conceal the excitement and joy bubbling in her heart from revealing itself on her face.  

"At last she would accept what had been staring at her in her face since the day she had set sight on him in the mall, in July.  She loved Ajay whole heartedly and was not afraid to reveal it to him.  Tonight she would tell him what was in her heart."  Anjali smiled secretly as she hugged herself.

PS:  Any guesses on what the next update entails?  He He He😈

Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
  "Anjie aunty, I know, I saw him.  I saw Arnav uncle playing 'nosey-nosey' with Khushi aunty in the courtyard."...🀣

So Shyaam Manohar Jha is feeling the primal emotion :jealousy !! GOOD !
At last the entire Raizada,Rathod,Gupta,Gohil clan knows that ShyaamManohar Jha and Rakesh Singh are the same person and now its time for the final showdown...Daiyya Ho needs to be put down finally and who better than his "Rani Sahiba" can bring him down...

Another classy chapter Indu and Congrats for winning the awardπŸ₯³
Will wait eagerly for the next update.😊
Edited by Hriju321 - 10 years ago
Drkk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
superb update. Shyam is a jerk. Hope anji tels a yes
tanu3579 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hw can the most awaited confession come easy??? wud shyam strike again before anjali can confess??? too anxious to think anythg.. 

oh n ASR being caught by a 9 yrs old.. go ahead NK, we too wud love to see ASR getting teased :) :) ..

whn shyam came n threatened anjali in the starting of the chapter.. i felt she might get afraid n to save ajay, she might distance herself.. bt anjali has come a long way... n is a much stronger person nw.. felt gd to see tht.. also felt gd to knw tht she has, n is showing her faith in the capability of her brothers n ajay to handle shyam, rather than giving him undue credit, n fearing fr her loved ones.

soo luking fwd to her confession..

waiting fr hte next chapter.. :) :) 
Edited by tanu3579 - 10 years ago
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Great update, like always...