Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: dhakkanmaster

PART - 18

Now the song you used is actually a folk song which has arisen from the deserts of Rajasthan, though this song was popularized due to its usage in the movie 'Lamhe' and this is a greatness of Bollywood that because of this industry many folk tunes have been popularized...

Awww, Dobby also used to eat prasad...so cute...Kavvwa bola...Elders of my family also say the same thing...When a crow caws, a guest would be knocking on your door soon...and there is one more superstition that is related to arrival of guests that when we roll a dough ball to make rotis and that dough ball fell on already made ball and sticks to it, then also guests come. Nani knows the secret...

Arnav has logic for everything. Thats why I love you my original ASR.

KAMLA JI aka Shyamala ji's truth is out...tch tch I can hear warning bells ringing for Shyam...he is goner...

Anjali's venture successful...thats good, she is finally an independent woman...Just Anjali...

Ajay at her doorstep...how romantic...*mere romance ke meters waise bahut wierd hein*
NK can also make out, that something is going in between his pyaari si di and the dashing rathore...Smart boy...and Anjali n Ajay adosi-padosi...now Ajay will sing 'meri samne wali khidki mein ek chand ka tukda rehta hai...*BAD JOKE...mera sense of humor bada hi wierd ho gaya he*

Kawwa ki kai kai se khushi jeet gayi...khushi knows all the methods to control arnav's temper. This is what makes her a good life partner

Waiting for the face off between shyam and ajay...Can we hope to see some real dishum-dishum scenes...please

Lakshmi ji got another friend in Tashi...lucky kaxmi

Perfect advice from Nitin. He did what a true friend should do. Keep it up.

aiyyo...nangu-pangu Ajay...Anjali to kya hum bhi nhi so payenge Indu di...mene na kal bhi dreams mein ek pool party dekhi thi...aaj bhi ab lag raha he vo hi dekhungi bas ek addition ho jayega Ajay *smushing*

Great Update

Haaaye!  Mera bhi kuch aisa hi haal tha since I made the post โ˜บ๏ธ  Abh look out for a chota sa surprise in the next round.  Kya hain?  Shhh... Gup... Chup, that's for me to know and for you all to read and find out๐Ÿ˜‰ 
Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhakkanmaster

PART - 17

Di one thing that we have in common is we both love reading...and yes have harry potter as one of our favorites...

OMG...While reading Nitin's pop up message, I realized something. I have a first cousin whose name is Nitin and his wife's name is Radhika...what a co-incidence
Ajay's doubt cleared to an extent. Yes my boy there is nothing brewing up in between Anjali and Nitin. You can take a deep calm breathe๐Ÿฅณ

And Ajay sahab, do not forget to invite me to your wedding celebration.

We love books, Harry, ASR, Rajasthan ๐Ÿ˜Š

Nitin & Radhika - same names as your cousin and his wife - Now that's a coincidence indeed.  Thank you for sharing.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
srishti_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Reserved for chapter 18!

By tomorrow morning you would be updating chapter 19 as well. So it's a promise that I will unreserve my comments for 5 chapters tomorrow! I'm extremely sorry for the delay. I have been so, so busy! 
Sisbamboo1 thumbnail
Hmm...so her dreams are going to have some visual aids this time around ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ณ. 

I could never have imagined Khushi as a seductress but she played Arnav well and Arnav Singh Raizada never backs out on his promise.

Ha! So that Kamla is revealed! Anjali is usually around someone all the time so how will Shyam meet her? I loved that he compared himself to Raavan. Very apt. 

Things are moving along! Can't wait for the next chapter!
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Sorry my darlings for the delay in posting.  I was intransit to ---- "India" ๐Ÿ˜Š
Will make up for the delay real quick.  Thanks for your patience and support๐Ÿค—
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Dear Readers,

Hope you have all been well and have caught up on my OS spun off from my last chapter.  Here is the next edition in Anjali-Ajay saga.

Read, enjoy, hit like and comment.

English Version is posted right after this one.

Pyaar in the Pink City

Disclaimer:  I do not own these photos.  They have been procured from publicly available internet sources and have been used here for illustrative purposes only

Part 19

The Dare

"When a person boldly declares, 'You can't,' he might as well add on, 'can you?', knowing that this spoken roadblock only serves to fuel a challenge in naturally stubborn souls." 
Richelle E. Goodrich

Life was bustling everywhere around him.  Happy families, hopeful singles, love-struck couples, busy shoppers, boisterous teens, excited children and languid window-shoppers were all milling around the mall that Sunday.  Shyaam stood in the middle of it all, looking, yet not seeing, for his thoughts were elsewhere.  He had married Anjali with the intent of sponging off the Raizada riches over his lifetime.  It was not exactly martyrdom, for she was quite pretty and was devoted to him, not to mention the luxurious lifestyle and influence at his disposal as the brother-in-law of Arnav Singh Raizada.  But then, he had glimpsed a sliver of lightning in Lucknow one hot afternoon, Khushi.  He could think of nothing else but making her his, since then.  Was it love? He was not quite sure.  He considered love a tool of requirement and nothing beyond.  Ironically the only person for whom he would even remotely apply that term would be his Raani Sahiba.  Now Khushi, she was something to possess, his muse. She inspired him to spring out of inertia and plot and scheme and do whatever it took to make her his.  Ideally he would have ended up with both of them in his life, if it were not for Arnav who had set his eyes on Khushi, and was out to claim what should have been his.  He had not expected his hot-headed saale-saab to fall in love and have it reciprocated by the homely lass.  What followed had been pure torture.  Oh the shame of it! Losing to Arnav, his nemesis, the golden boy who had everything handed to him on a silver platter; while he, Shyaam had to claw his way up the ladder.  How he  loathed the likes of Arnav!  Arnav had warned him off Khushi on the day he had brought her home as his bride and upped the stakes.  That made the entire thing a hugely thrilling game.  He would not lose, no matter the cost.  From that moment nothing mattered, neither his marriage, nor his desire for Khushi, nothing.  What mattered was to break Arnav and his spirit.  He no longer cared about possessing Khushi; she had lost her appeal now that she was Arnav's in every sense of the word.  But he could still get to Arnav through his precious Di.

He had been counting on finding that will, so he could finish what he had started a year back. Finish off Arnav Singh Raizada.  With Arnav out of his way, he would have it all, his money, his woman and his sister.   But the will had been destroyed.  He had corroborated Kamlaji's findings by having his spies gather information from Aradhya Anaadh Ashram as well.  There was no will.  A legal document of that nature would have made some waves in the Ashram's clerical staff and there had been none.  Now he had to think of another plan.  Maybe he will not be able to kill Arnav or get his woman, but there has to be a way to make him pay in huge sums.  As for Anjali, where would she go?  Once the sorrow of her long departed child wears off she would be more approachable.  After all, they could always make more children.  She would come back to him, and he would decide whether to weasel his way into her good graces or not when the time was right.  It all depended on where the pieces fell.  All he needed was a chance, a slim chance to make the most of. 

Shyaam let out a frustrated growl and spun around only to bump into a middle-aged man.  "Maaf keejiye,"he muttered, helping the man up.  One look at the man's face, and he paled for he was none other than the Raizadas' family Jeweller, Motilalji.  "Shukriya.  Aaap ka naam?" asked Motilalji with a polite enquiring gaze.  "Ji Rakesh Singh" blurted Shyaam.  "Thank you very much Rakesh saab" repeated Motilalji, shaking his hand.  Shyaam let out a deep breath and sniggered at his reflection on the store glass.  With his full-growth of beard, fake glasses and artsy ponytail, he looked nothing like Shyaam Manohar Jha.  He was now Rakesh Singh a journalist of stringent moral fibre. 

He was about to move away when the reflection of a little girl caught his eye.  She seemed lost judging by her wide-eyed expression and pale countenance.  He spun around and drawing closer to her asked "Kya baat hain?  Kisse dhoond rahen hai aap?" Diamonds winking at her ears, Nike shoes, imported watch, upscale salon hair-cut, and designer jeans.  This girl fairly reeks of money, he concluded.  "May I use your phone please?  Hume lagta hai ki hum phirse kho gaye hain" she stammered.  "Of course bte" he said kneeling down and fished in his kurta's pocket for his cell, when a pair of denim clad legs closed up behind the girl.  Shyaam jerked his head up and looked into the rugged face of a man who was in all likelihood her father.

He stood up returning the man's smile and clasped his extended hand, brushing off his thanks when another figure floated in his line of sight right behind the man.  She was limping forward, visibly perturbed and had eyes only for the little girl who grinned at her sight reaching out to clutch her hand.  The woman hugged the girl to her side and laying a hand on the man's biceps she muttered "Thank God Ajay!  Hum tho ghabragaye the".  "Yeah.  The little monkey is safe.  Thanks to this gentleman who was about to help her call us on his cell, Mr?" he questioned Shyaam.  "Rakesh. Rakesh Singh" mumbled Shyaam his eyes fixed on Anjali, his mouth slightly open at her unexpected appearance and the sight of her obvious familiarity with this man and girl.

"I am Ajay, ye meri beti Tashi hai, aur yeh hai" he was cut short by Shyaam's voice saying "Anjali".  Anjali's eyes widened ever so slightly and her head spun as she recognized the man and his voice.  "Shyaamji!  Yahaan?  Aur yeh kaisa bes hain?  Apne aap ko Rakesh kyon bataya? Aur Tashi ke paas kya kar rahe the?" She thought masking her fears with a blandly polite expression on her face as she nodded at him.  "Kya aap dono ek doosre ko jaante ho?" questioned Ajay looking from one to the other.  "Ji, Anjali Raizada, crorepati business man aur AR group ke maalik, Arnav Singh Raizada ki badi behan.  Inhe kaun nahin jaanta?  Khaaz kar mere jaise jo akbar wale hain, unhe tho aisi hasthiyon ke bare mein jaankari rakna zaroori hai.  Waise kaise hain aap,----- Anjaliji?"

It was past eleven in the night and the lovely atmosphere by the poolside under normal circumstances would have soothed Ajay.  But tonight his heart and mind were restless.  He had closed the purchase of his house yesterday and would be heading back to Jaipur in the morning and yet he was no where close to making a dent in Anjali's icy armor.  She had thawed a bit in the brief moments when they had panicked over Tashi's disappearance at the mall, but that had not lasted long.  "The woman will drive me mad before she accepts her feelings" he muttered through clenched teeth. Lack of sleep was taking its toll on his general attitude and wearing his patience thin.  He whirled at the sound of footsteps, light with a slight drag to one of them.  Anjali stepped out on to the porch and hesitated briefly.  She had been lost in thoughts and had not noticed Ajay's presence until it was too late to back off without seeming rude.  They stood for several minutes in silence looking at each other, each seeking an unknown something in the other's eyes.  "Oh! Hume pata nahin tha ki aap yahan par hai.  Hum aapko disturb nahin karna chahte hain" said Anjali at long last and attempted to turn back. 

"Oh no you don't." came the cutting response.  In one swift move Ajay had captured her arm and spun her around to face him.  She put her arms on his shoulders to steady herself, her face flushed with the sudden rush of blood at this unexpected move.  "Anjali, the deal on the house was a bloody excuse.  Asal baat tho yeh hai ki I wanted to see you, touch you again, talk to you."  His voice softened tugging at her heart.  "You had been gone a mere day and the house had closed in on me, chasing me out to pursue you.  Can't you see that I am dead serious about my feelings for you, about us and what we could have if only you gave yourself a chance?  I love you Anjali and I do not say that very easily.  I know that in your heart you do too.  What I don't know is why you refuse to accept it?  What has occurred in your life that prompts you to freeze your feelings and pretend everything is fine?  Tell me Anjali.  I want to know, I want to understand.  Whatever you do, just don't lie that my company is pleasant and that you have no feelings for me." He finished.

Her heart fluttered wildly at his declaration of love.  All she wanted to do was to surrender to his touch, stroke his cheek and feel his arms around her.  Instead, Anjali wiggled out of his grasp, her thoughts flying back to the sight of Shyaamji at the mall, and putting some distance between them she began,"Ajay, you are letting a lot ride on one kiss.  You were attracted no doubt and that night, the atmosphere, it was all very romantic, magical, it was bound to happen," she continued rambling, wringing her hands, her eyes averted and on the floor.  

He saw her lips move but heard nothing after the first few sentences.  In one easy move he wrapped his arm around her waist and yanked her against his chest.  "Atmosphere eh?  Let us see shall we?" he rasped and closed in on her lips.  The kiss was fevered in its intensity reflecting the frustrated mood of the man who delivered it, hard and relentless in its assault.  Anjali struggled briefly and then gave up, pouring her own frustration in her response.  Blood ran fast and furious in their veins as the quality of their kiss changed from tempestuous to sensuous.  Anjali 's hands slid up his back, reaching for his shoulder blades and she sighed into his ear as his hands stroked her waist and his lips nuzzled her shoulder.  His parted lips left a trail of goose bumps on her neck in their wake as they made their way up to her ear.  Nipping the sides of her ear he murmured in a voice laced heavily with desire, "This, is what I mean Sugar Queen.  No atmosphere, no romantic touches and yet the magic is just as strong.  It's just us.  We make this magic happen."

Her eyes snapped open and with one firm push she moved away from him and spun around, hot tears blinding her eyes.  "Dear God!  Why could I not stay still and let his kiss wash over me?  Now I have only affirmed his belief all the more.  I have no answers to give you Ajay.  Once you hear what a loser I have been all my life you will have nothing but pity for me and that is a weight too hard for me to bear.  I'll not have it that way." She lamented mentally.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" thundered Arnav storming onto the patio followed by Akash and Khushi. His face murderous and his hands fisting up automatically, as he stepped next to his Di and glared at Ajay, who stared back in mutiny eager for some fisticuffs.  It would feel really good to throw a few punches and take a few.  Maybe things would sort themselves out then.  Mused Ajay silently.  Khushi hurried to put an arm around a distraught Anjali and whispered gently "Kya hua Anjali di?"  Anjali merely shook her head in response and laid a restraining hand on her chotte's arm.  She was terrified that he would do some physical damage to Rathod and that would break her will to keep mum about how she felt about him.  "Rathod, meine tumse kaha tha ki mein apni Di ke aankhon mein ab aur aasoon nahin dekh sakta.  Uske bavajood bhi tum"  he ground out through clenched teeth.  "Arnav relax.  Your Di and I are adults.   Unfortunately she has a habit of hiding her true self and I was merely helping her break that habit.  As for our little conversation back at the haveli, you'll recall what I told you." 

Anjali turned shocked eyes towards Arnav.  Shrugging off Khushi's hand she asked, "Chotte, aapne Ajayji se mere bare me discuss ki? Mujse door rahne ki warning di?" 

"Di, I just wanted the best for you.  Mein nahin sah pata agar phirse---"  Arnav replied, his eyes softening and his gut tugging at the sight of her troubled and outraged face.  "Is it possible that she might really care for Ajay.  Am I  too late in preventing her from getting hurt?" He wondered.

"Di, bhai aur mein uss waqt sirf aapki bhalayi ke baare mein soch rahethe" said Akash breaking his silence and rushing to his bhai's rescue.  "Akash, aap bhi" exclaimed Anjali turning to look at him.  Arnav swung his gaze to look at Akash in surprise while Akash just sighed and shrugged in response.  Khushi looked on at all three of them helplessly.  She understood all of their view-points and most definitely empathized with Ajay.  It was clear as daylight that he loved Di deeply.  "Hey Devimayya, hume Shakti dena, taaki hum sab ko sambal paye" she prayed silently.

"Aap dono ne samaj liya ki Di se kuch nahin hoga.  Who apne aap kuch decision nahin le sakthi.  And worst, jo decision legi who shayad galat hi hoga.  Iss liye meri madad karne chale.  Yehi baat hai na?  Shaayad aap dono yeh bhool gaye hai ki hum aapse kahin saal bade hain, aur jab aap dono school mein the, tab se hum ek se ek difficult situation sambalte aa rahen hain" she stated in a dreadfully chilling voice.  Both the men looked suitably chastised and opened their mouth, but she silenced them with a wave of her hand, her eyes glittering with hurt and rage.  "Mein aapko bata doon, ki I am perfectly capable of handling myself.  Thank you very much.  And agar muje Rathodji ko haan kahani hai, tho woh decision sirf aur sirf meri hogi. "She swirled to pin Ajay with her glare and continued "As for you, this applies to you too.  I'll say what I feel like and when I feel like it.  Even you cannot force me into anything unless I am ready for it, is that clear?" she ground out, shaking with an emotion that was alien to her - temper.

"Crystal!" replied Ajay his face impassive "I'll be waiting for you to come to me and speak out what's in your heart, Sugar Queen".  Both of them seemed to have momentarily forgotten that they had an audience. "Don't hold your breath" Anjali spat out whirling to face him.  "Really?  Wanna bet on it?  We both know that it's just a matter of time sugar before you are in my arms." He said casually leaning against the wall, his arms crossed and his gaze holding hers, daring her. 

"No, No, don't take the bait Di.  Walk away just walk away" Arnav screamed in his mind his eyes drifting to Khushi's who was watching with her mouth open.  "Are you challenging me Rathodji?  You are on."  Declared Anjali, in a fit of temper.  "Di, yeh aapne kya kiya?" bemoaned Arnav silently, his glance settling on the self-satisfied expression on Ajay's face.    "Di, aap bahut thak chuki hai,chaliye" said Arnav, wrapping an arm around Anjali.  She gently moved his hand aside and looking at him said, "Chotte, hum theek hain.  Sirf aaj raat hume akela rahne deejiye.  Chaliye Khushiji" she said holding on to Khushi's hand as she walked into the house. 

The three men stood in utter silence none of them willing to make a move.  Finally, Ajay broke the silence. "Arnav, Akash, I know that both of you are very protective of your sister and mein aapki jasbaat ka bahut izzat karta hoon.  At the same time, I believe she needs to make up her own mind.  I know she has some painful past and know she will confide when she is ready.  In the meantime I want you to know that I love her deeply and admire her strong spirit.  Like I said, if her answer is no, I'll back off.  You have my word on it."

Arnav stood motionless for a few seconds, then with a curt nod he turned on his heels and disappeared into the house.   Akash gave Ajay a small smile and said, "Ajayji, I trust you.  Par mere liye bhai ka word is gospel.  I wish you all luck.  Agar Anjali di bhi yehi chahthi hai tho mujse zada Khush koi aur nahin hoga"

Ajay stood looking at Akash's receding back.  Akash was definitely sympathetic and so was Khushiji he sensed.  Arnav was cautious but not averse to the idea.  His respect for the man increased at his show of concern and his defense of his sister.  As for Anjali, he would leave no stone unturned to nudge her to make up her mind in his favor and the day she walks into his arms, well, that would be quite a day to remember.  A slow smile bloomed on his lips at the thought and he made his way into the house. 

Khushi paused, looked up from her current task of appliqueing a brightly embroidered, mirrored patch on to her Jhola and counted under her breath, as her husband paced the width of their bedroom working out his thoughts.  The stronger he felt about something, the faster the pace, and the more he pondered a particular train of thought, the slower.  After watching him for ten whole minutes, she set aside her work and stood up front and center, right in his path, forcing him to halt and look at her quizzically.

"What the!  Kya hua Khushi?"

"Yehi to hum bhi jaan na chaahte hai, ki kya hua?  What the!  Aap itna chakkar khatenge to farsh ka haal aur aap ke pairon ka haal kya hoga Arnavji?"

Arnav slumped on the recliner with a sigh and ran his hands over his face wearily.  He could neither forget the sight of his Di's agitated face, nor shake off his utter conviction that something significant had transpired between Rathod and Di mere moments before they had stepped on to the patio.  How could he rest, when his heart trembled thus for his Di?

Khushi's heart softened at the sight of his vulnerable face and she rushed to his side in an instant.  She had known in her heart the moment she saw Anjali di and Ajayji together for the first time yesterday that she would one day have to be her Arnavji's voice of reason.

Cupping his chin she lifted his face up to meet her eyes and said in a soothing tone, "Arnavji, ab aap Di ke kamre mein Jayiye aur unhe mil lijiye.  Tab tak aap ko chain nahin milegi.  Par dhyaan rahe ki aap jaldbaazi mein kuch aise baat na kahe jissse Di ziddi hojaye"

"Di? Aur Ziddi?" Arnav blurt out in disbelief.

"Ji Haan, Di ziddi ho sakti hai.  Aap bhool rahe hain, ki who aap ki Di hain.  Aur jab who kuch thaan leti hain to who use haasil karne mein koyi khasar nahin chodti hai.  Hum jaante hain." Khushi responded, mentally recalling how Anjali Di had invoked the contract she had signed with her brother when she wanted her to accept her job offer of grooming Lavanya into a traditional Raizada bahu.  "Dyaan rahe ki, Rathodji aur unke beech me job hi ho, isske bhare mein nirnay lene ka unko poora adhikar hain.  Hum samajte hain ki aap iss bat ko lekhe pareshan hai ki kahin unhe phirse tez na pahunche.  Par Rathodji acche insaan hai, aur hume vishwas hai ki who aisa koi kadam nahin uthayenge jiss se Di ko takleef ho.  Is waqt hume Di pe vishwas karni chahiye.  Akhi unhone hi aapko sambhala ta jab aap chauda saal ke te." She concluded stroking his cheek.

Arnav clasped his wife's hand and nodded, before he left for his Di's room.

"Ek minit" Anjali replied hastening to open the door.  She had regained her composure and her face was a smooth mask of geniality when she saw her chotte at her door.

"Chote, aap?" she questioned.

"Di, I just need to talk to you for a minute" he said in a strained voice, scanning Anjali's face affectionately.

She moved away letting him step in.  She had anticipated this visit.  Chote was far too perceptive to have not deduced his own conclusion on what might have occurred by the poolside before his arrival.  Suddenly nervous, she walked over to the dressing table and proceeded to put her hair up in a pony tail.

Arnav walked over to her, struggling for the right words to open up the conversation, when Anjali turned around and laying an assuring hand on his shoulder said, "Chote, hum bilkul theek hai, aap ghabrayi ye mat..."

Her words trailed off, for his attention was focused on the pea sized bruise on her collarbone that was rapidly turning a purplish red.

Without taking his eyes off it, he asked in a low voice "Di, yeh kya hai? "

Anjali turned around and quickly checked in the mirror.  The tell tale flush of color could not be stopped, as she spotted the mark that Ajay had left on her.  Ignoring the heat suffusing her face, she turned around with a nervous laugh and brushed his concern away with a flippant remark.  "Lagta hai poolside pe insects zyada hoaye hai.  Tum chinta mat karo, mein kuch medicine laga loongi."

'Arnav closed his eyes and let out a long breath of air before clasping his Di's arms.  Looking straight into her eyes, he spoke as gently as he could given the adrenaline pumping through his system, "Di, mein aath saal ka nahin, athayees saal ka Arnav hoon.  Kya aap ssuch mein sochte hain ki mein insect bite aur yeh nishan jo aapke gale pe hai, uske beech ka farq nahin jaanta?"

"Chote, please.  Aap muje sharminda kar rahen hain." Said Anjali rapidly limping away to sit on the edge of her bed, her eyes averted in embarrassment.

"Nahin Di.  Mera intention yeh nahin ta.  Di, I just don't want you hurting again.  That's all."  And Arnav kneeled in front of her turning her face gently to look at him.

Anjali sighed and gave him a quick hug.  "Chote, hum jaante hain ki Rathodji hume pasand karte hain.  Par humne abhi tak humare khud ke feelings sort out nahin kar paye.  I promise, hum apna khayal rakhenge aur jis din hum koi nateeje pe pahunchenge, tab tumhe bataye bina koi bhi khadam nahin uthayenge."

Arnav sighed and laid his head in his sister's lap murmuring his assent.  "

Di had been his strength and support all his life and if it was some time and space she craved for from him now, he would damn well give it to her.  Was Rathod the one for her?  Would she find the love she so deserved in him?  Time would tell.  Besides, Khushi was right.  If he persisted, she may rush into a decision which may not be the best.  No matter what, he would always be there for his Di.  And if it meant supporting her through this dilemma, so be it."  He resolved closing his eyes and wrapping his hands around Anjali's waist drawing comfort even as he imparted it to her.

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Dear Readers,

Hope you have all been well and have caught up on my OS spun off from my last chapter.  Here is the next edition in Anjali-Ajay saga.

Read, enjoy, hit like and comment.

Pyaar in the Pink City(English)

Disclaimer:  I do not own these photos.  They have been procured from publicly available internet sources and have been used here for illustrative purposes only

Part 19

The Dare

"When a person boldly declares, 'You can't,' he might as well add on, 'can you?', knowing that this spoken roadblock only serves to fuel a challenge in naturally stubborn souls." 
Richelle E. Goodrich

Life was bustling everywhere around him.  Happy families, hopeful singles, love-struck couples, busy shoppers, boisterous teens, excited children and languid window-shoppers were all milling around the mall that Sunday.  Shyaam stood in the middle of it all, looking, yet not seeing, for his thoughts were elsewhere.  He had married Anjali with the intent of sponging off the Raizada riches over his lifetime.  It was not exactly martyrdom, for she was quite pretty and was devoted to him, not to mention the luxurious lifestyle and influence at his disposal as the brother-in-law of Arnav Singh Raizada.  But then, he had glimpsed a sliver of lightning in Lucknow one hot afternoon, Khushi.  He could think of nothing else but making her his, since then.  Was it love? He was not quite sure.  He considered love a tool of requirement and nothing beyond.  Ironically the only person for whom he would even remotely apply that term would be his Raani Sahiba.  Now Khushi, she was something to possess, his muse. She inspired him to spring out of inertia and plot and scheme and do whatever it took to make her his.  Ideally he would have ended up with both of them in his life, if it were not for Arnav who had set his eyes on Khushi, and was out to claim what should have been his.  He had not expected his hot-headed saale-saab to fall in love and have it reciprocated by the homely lass.  What followed had been pure torture.  Oh the shame of it! Losing to Arnav, his nemesis, the golden boy who had everything handed to him on a silver platter; while he, Shyaam had to claw his way up the ladder.  How he  loathed the likes of Arnav!  Arnav had warned him off Khushi on the day he had brought her home as his bride and upped the stakes.  That made the entire thing a hugely thrilling game.  He would not lose, no matter the cost.  From that moment nothing mattered, neither his marriage, nor his desire for Khushi, nothing.  What mattered was to break Arnav and his spirit.  He no longer cared about possessing Khushi; she had lost her appeal now that she was Arnav's in every sense of the word.  But he could still get to Arnav through his precious Di.

He had been counting on finding that will, so he could finish what he had started a year back. Finish off Arnav Singh Raizada.  With Arnav out of his way, he would have it all, his money, his woman and his sister.   But the will had been destroyed.  He had corroborated Kamlaji's findings by having his spies gather information from Aradhya Anaadh Ashram as well.  There was no will.  A legal document of that nature would have made some waves in the Ashram's clerical staff and there had been none.  Now he had to think of another plan.  May be he will not be able to kill Arnav or get his woman, but there has to be a way to make him pay in huge sums.  As for Anjali, where would she go?  Once the sorrow of her long departed child wears off she would be more approachable.  After all, they could always make more children.  She would come back to him, and he would decide whether to weasel his way into her good graces or not when the time was right.  It all depended on where the pieces fell.  All he needed was a chance, a slim chance to make the most of. 

Shyaam let out a frustrated growl and spun around only to bump into a middle-aged man.  "Excuse me.  I am sorry,"he muttered, helping the man up.  One look at the man's face, and he paled for he was none other than the Raizadas' family Jeweller, Motilalji.  "Thank you.  And you are?" asked Motilalji with a polite enquiring gaze.  "Rakesh Singh" blurted Shyaam.  "Thank you very much Rakesh saab" repeated Motilalji, shaking his hand.  Shyaam let out a deep breath and sniggered at his reflection on the store glass.  With his full-growth of beard, fake glasses and artsy ponytail, he looked nothing like Shyaam Manohar Jha.  He was now Rakesh Singh a journalist of stringent moral fibre. 

He was about to move away when the reflection of a little girl caught his eye.  She seemed lost judging by her wide-eyed expression and pale countenance.  He spun around and drawing closer to her asked "What is the matter?  Are you lost?" Diamonds winking at her ears, Nike shoes, imported watch, upscale salon hair-cut, and designer jeans.  This girl fairly reeks of money, he concluded.  "May I use your phone please?  I think I am lost yet again" she stammered.  "Of course" he said kneeling down and fished in his kurta's pocket for his cell, when a pair of denim clad legs closed up behind the girl.  Shyaam jerked his head up and looked into the rugged face of a man who was in all likelihood her father.

He stood up returning the man's smile and clasped his extended hand, brushing off his thanks when another figure floated in his line of sight right behind the man.  She was limping forward, visibly perturbed and had eyes only for the little girl who grinned at her sight reaching out to clutch her hand.  The woman hugged the girl to her side and laying a hand on the man's biceps she muttered "Thank God Ajay!  Hum tho ghabragaye the."  "Yeah.  The little monkey is safe.  Thanks to this gentleman who was about to help her call us on his cell, Mr?" he questioned Shyaam.  "Rakesh. Rakesh Singh" mumbled Shyaam his eyes fixed on Anjali, his mouth slightly open at her unexpected appearance and the sight of her obvious familiarity with this man and girl.

"I am Ajay, this is my daughter Tashi, and this here is " he was cut short by Shyaam's voice saying "Anjali".  Anjali's eyes widened ever so slightly and her head spun as she recognized the man and his voice.  "Shyaamji!  What was he doing in this get-up?  Why did he call himself Rakesh? and why was he near Tashi?" She thought masking her fears with a blandly polite expression on her face as she nodded at him.  "Do you guys know each other already?" questioned Ajay looking from one to the other.  "Anjali Raizada, the only sister of crorepati business man and the owner of AR group Arnav Singh Raizada.  Who does not know of her?  Especially when you are one of the media, like I am, it's our business to know society's Rich and Famous.  How are you doing,----- Anjaliji?"

It was past eleven in the night and the lovely atmosphere by the poolside under normal circumstances would have soothed Ajay.  But tonight his heart and mind were restless.  He had closed the purchase of his house yesterday and would be heading back to Jaipur in the morning and yet he was nowhere close to making a dent in Anjali's icy armor.  She had thawed in the brief moments when they had panicked over Tashi's disappearance at the mall, but that had not lasted long.  "The woman will drive me mad before she accepts her feelings" he muttered through clenched teeth. Lack of sleep was taking its toll on his general attitude and wearing his patience thin.  He whirled at the sound of footsteps, light with a slight drag to one of them.  Anjali stepped out on to the porch and hesitated briefly.  She had been lost in thoughts and had not noticed Ajay's presence until it was too late to back off without seeming rude.  They stood for several minutes in silence looking at each other, each seeking an unknown something in the other's eyes.  "Aaah!  I did not know you were out here.  I don't mean to disturb you." said Anjali at long last and attempted to turn back. 

"Oh no you don't." came the cutting response.  In one swift move Ajay had captured her arm and spun her around to face him.  She put her arms on his shoulders to steady herself, her face flushed with the sudden rush of blood at this unexpected move.  "Anjali, the deal on the house was a bloody excuse.  The real reason is that, I wanted to see you, touch you again, talk to you."  His voice softened tugging at her heart.  "You had been gone a mere day and the house had closed in on me, chasing me out to pursue you.  Can't you see that I am dead serious about my feelings for you, about us and what we could have if only you gave yourself a chance?  I love you Anjali and I do not say that very easily.  I know that in your heart you do too.  What I don't know is why you refuse to accept it?  What has occurred in your life that prompts you to freeze your feelings and pretend everything is fine?  Tell me Anjali.  I want to know, I want to understand.  Whatever you do, just don't lie that my company is pleasant and that you have no feelings for me." He finished.

Her heart fluttered wildly at his declaration of love.  All she wanted to do was to surrender to his touch, stroke his cheek and feel his arms around her.  Instead, Anjali wiggled out of his grasp, her thoughts flying back to the sight of Shyaamji at the mall, and putting some distance between them she began,"Ajay, you are letting a lot ride on one kiss.  You were attracted no doubt and that night, the atmosphere, it was all very romantic, magical, it was bound to happen," she continued rambling, wringing her hands, her eyes averted and on the floor.  

He saw her lips move but heard nothing after the first few sentences.  In one easy move he wrapped his arm around her waist and yanked her against his chest.  "Atmosphere eh?  Let us see shall we?" he rasped and closed in on her lips.  The kiss was fevered in its intensity reflecting the frustrated mood of the man who delivered it, hard and relentless in its assault.  Anjali struggled briefly and then gave up, pouring her own frustration in her response.  Blood ran fast and furious in their veins as the quality of their kiss changed from tempestuous to sensuous.  Anjali 's hands slid up his back, reaching for his shoulder blades and she sighed into his ear as his hands stroked her waist and his lips nuzzled her shoulder.  His parted lips left a trail of goose bumps on her neck in their wake as they made their way up to her ear.  Nipping the sides of her ear he murmured in a voice laced heavily with desire, "This, is what I mean Sugar Queen.  No atmosphere, no romantic touches and yet the magic is just as strong.  It's just us.  We make this magic happen."

Her eyes snapped open and with one firm push she moved away from him and spun around, hot tears blinding her eyes.  "Dear God!  Why could I not stay still and let his kiss wash over me?  Now I have only affirmed his belief all the more.  I have no answers to give you Ajay.  Once you hear what a loser I have been all my life you will have nothing but pity for me and that is a weight too hard for me to bear.  I'll not have it that way." She lamented mentally.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" thundered Arnav storming onto the patio followed by Akash and Khushi. His face murderous and his hands fisting up automatically as he stepped next to his Di and glared at Ajay, who stared back in mutiny eager for some fisticuffs.  It would feel really good to throw a few punches and take a few.  Maybe things would sort themselves out then.  Mused Ajay silently.  Khushi hurried to put an arm around a distraught Anjali and whispered gently "What's the matter Anjali di?"  Anjali merely shook her head in response and laid a restraining hand on her chotte's arm.  She was terrified that he would do some physical damage to Rathod and that would break her will to keep mum about how she felt about him.  "Rathod, I had warned you to stay away from my di.  I made it clear that I cannot bear to see her distressed.  And yet here you are doing exactly the opposite" he ground out through clenched teeth.  "Arnav relax.  Your Di and I are adults.   Unfortunately she has a habit of hiding her true self and I was merely helping her break that habit.  As for our little conversation back at the haveli, you'll recall what I told you." 

Anjali turned shocked eyes towards Arnav.  Shrugging off Khushi's hand she asked, "Chotte, Did you discuss me with Ajay? Did you warn him off me? " 

"Di, I just wanted the best for you.  I will not be able to bear it if yet again---"  Arnav replied, his eyes softening and his gut tugging at the sight of her troubled and outraged face.  "Is it possible that she might really care for Ajay.  Am I  too late in preventing her from getting hurt?" He wondered.

"Di, bhai and I were just looking out for you when we did that" said Akash breaking his silence and rushing to his bhai's rescue.  "Akash, you too!" exclaimed Anjali turning to look at him.  Arnav swung his gaze to look at Akash in surprise while Akash just sighed and shrugged in response.  Khushi looked on at all three of them helplessly.  She understood all of their view-points and most definitely empathized with Ajay.  It was clear as daylight that he loved Di deeply.  "Hey Devimayya, give me enough strength to help them all" she prayed silently.

"Have you two concluded that your Di is incapable of handling her own affairs?  That she is in capable of making up her own mind?  Or worst, that whatever decision she takes will not be the right one.  Is that why you stepped in to help, by warning Ajay off?  What am I?  A teenager? A school girl? Perhaps you both have forgotten that I am several years older than you and have been handling difficult situations ever since you both have been school kids" she stated in a dreadfully chilling voice.  Both the men looked suitably chastised and opened their mouth, but she silenced them with a wave of her hand, her eyes glittering with hurt and rage.  "Let me assure you that I am perfectly capable of handling myself.  Thank you very much.  And if I choose to say yes to Rathodji, that decision too would be mine and mine alone. "She swirled to pin Ajay with her glare and continued "As for you, this applies to you too.  I'll say what I feel like and when I feel like it.  Even you cannot force me into anything unless I am ready for it, is that clear?" she ground out, shaking with an emotion that was alien to her - temper.

"Crystal!" replied Ajay his face impassive "I'll be waiting for you to come to me and speak out what's in your heart, Sugar Queen".  Both of them seemed to have momentarily forgotten that they had an audience. "Don't hold your breath" Anjali spat out whirling to face him.  "Really?  Wanna bet on it?  We both know that it's just a matter of time sugar before you are in my arms." He said casually leaning against the wall, his arms crossed and his gaze holding hers, daring her. 

"No, No, don't take the bait Di.  Walk away just walk away" Arnav screamed in his mind his eyes drifting to Khushi's who was watching with her mouth open.  "Are you challenging me?  You are on."  Declared Anjali, in a fit of temper.  "Oh no Di!  What did you do?" bemoaned Arnav silently his glance settling on the self-satisfied expression on Ajay's face.    "Di, you are tired.  You need to rest.  Let's go" said Arnav, wrapping an arm around Anjali.  She gently moved his hand aside and looking at him said, "Chotte, I am fine.  Please let me be by myself just for tonight.  Let's go Khushiji" she said holding on to Khushi's hand as she walked into the house. 

The three men stood in utter silence none of them willing to make a move.  Finally, Ajay broke the silence. "Arnav, Akash, I know that both of you are very protective of your sister and I respect you immensely for that.  At the same time, I believe she needs to make up her own mind.  I know she has some painful past and know she will confide when she is ready.  In the meantime I want you to know that I love her deeply and admire her strong spirit.  Like I said, if her answer is no, I'll back off.  You have my word on it."

Arnav stood motionless for a few seconds, then with a curt nod he turned on his heels and disappeared into the house.   Akash gave Ajay a small smile and said, "Ajayji, I trust you.  Par mere liye bhai ka word is gospel.  I wish you all luck.  If Anjali Di feels the same way about you, then there would be none happier than me."

Ajay stood looking at Akash's receding back.  Akash was definitely sympathetic and so was Khushiji he sensed.  Arnav was cautious but not averse to the idea.  His respect for the man increased at his show of concern and his defense of his sister.  As for Anjali, he would leave no stone unturned to nudge her to make up her mind in his favor and the day she walks into his arms, well that would be quite a day to remember.  A slow smile bloomed on his lips at the thought and he made his way into the house. 

Khushi paused, looked up from her current task of appliqueing a brightly embroidered, mirrored patch on to her favorite sling bag and counted under her breath, as her husband paced the width of their bedroom working out his thoughts.  The stronger he felt about something, the faster the pace, and the more he pondered a particular train of thought, the slower.  After watching him for ten whole minutes, she set aside her work and stood up front and center, right in his path, forcing him to halt and look at her quizzically.

"What the!  Khushi, what's up?"

"My question exactly, Arnavji.  What's up?  What the!  You will wear out both the floor and your feet not to mention make me dizzy with all the pacing that you have done in the past ten minutes"

Arnav slumped on the recliner with a sigh and ran his hands over his face wearily.  He could neither forget the sight of his Di's agitated face, nor shake off his utter conviction that something significant had transpired between Rathod and Di mere moments before they had stepped on to the patio.  How could he rest, when his heart trembled thus for his Di?

Khushi's heart softened at the sight of his vulnerable face and she rushed to his side in an instant.  She had known in her heart the moment she saw Anjali di and Ajayji together for the first time yesterday that she would one day have to be her Arnavji's voice of reason. 

Cupping his chin she lifted his face up to meet her eyes and said in a soothing tone, "Arnavji, I suggest that you go over to Anjali Di's room and meet her.  Clearly you will know no peace till then.  At the sametime, please be tactful and avoid saying anything that may put her on the defensive and push her into obstinacy"

"Di? And Obstinate?" Arnav blurt out in disbelief.

"Yep.  You heard me right. Your Di can be as stubborn as you.  She is by all means your sister in every sense of the word.  Once she resolves to get her way, she will leave no stone unturned to achieve her objective, as I should know." Khushi responded, mentally recalling how Anjali Di had invoked the contract she had signed with her brother when she had wanted her to accept her job offer of grooming Lavanya into a traditional Raizada bahu.  " I know how concerned you are about Di's well being, but remember Arnavji, that she has complete right to decide how far she wants to take whatever is brewing between her and Rathodji.    I believe with all my heart that Ajayji is an very nice and honorable man.  He is unlikely to pressurize Anjali di or hurt her.  What Di needs from us right now is our unconditional trust and support.  Anjali di is strong enough to manage herself, afterall she has taken care of you since the time you were fourteen." She concluded stroking his cheek.

Arnav clasped his wife's hand and nodded, before he left for his Di's room.

"Just a minute" Anjali called out, hastening to open the door.  She had regained her composure and her face was a smooth mask of geniality when she saw her chotte at her door.

"Chote, you? Here?" she questioned.

"Di, I just need to talk to you for a minute" he said in a strained voice, scanning Anjali's face affectionately.

She moved away letting him step in.  She had anticipated this visit.  Chote was far too perceptive to have not deduced what might have occurred by the poolside before his arrival.  Suddenly nervous, she walked over to the dressing table and proceeded to put her hair up in a ponytail.

Arnav walked over to her, struggling for the right words to open up the conversation, when Anjali turned around and laying an assuring hand on his shoulder said, "Chote, stop fretting.  I am absolutely fine..."

Her words trailed off, for his attention was focused on the pea sized bruise on her collarbone that was rapidly turning a purplish red.

Without taking his eyes off it, he asked in a low voice "Di, what's this? "

Anjali turned around and quickly checked in the mirror.  The tell-tale flush of color could not be stopped, as she spotted the mark that Ajay had left on her.  Ignoring the heat suffusing her face, she turned around with a nervous laugh and brushed his concern away with a flippant remark. "The insects by the poolside seem to have multiplied in numbers.  I will put some medication on it and it'll be fine."

Arnav closed his eyes and let out a long breath of air before clasping his Di's arms.  Looking straight into her eyes, he spoke as gently as he could, given the adrenaline pumping in his system, "Di, I am no longer an eight year old boy, but a twenty-eight year old man who can tell the difference between an insect bite and a love bite."

"Chote, Don't. Please!  You shame me." Said Anjali rapidly limping away to sit on the edge of her bed, her eyes averted in embarrassment.

"I am sorry Di.  That was not my intention.  I just don't want you hurting again.  That's all."  And Arnav kneeled in front of her turning her face gently to look at him.

Anjali sighed and gave him a quick hug.  "Chote, I know that Rathodji is smitten by me . However, I have not yet resolved my feelings for him.  I promise, I'll take care of myself and above all I would  never take such an important next step in my life without confiding my decision in you."

Arnav sighed and laid his head in his sister's lap murmuring his assent. 

"Di had been his strength and support all his life and if it was some time and space she craved for from him now, he would damn well give it to her.  Was Rathod the one for her?  Would she find the love she so deserved in him?  Time would tell.  Besides, Khushi was right.  If he persisted, she may rush into a decision which may not be the best.  No matter what, he would always be there for his Di.  And if it meant supporting her through this dilemma, so be it."  He resolved closing his eyes and wrapping his hands around Anjali's waist drawing comfort even as he imparted it to her.

Drkk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
nice update.Edited by Drkk - 10 years ago
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wahoo!  Another great update...
Sisbamboo1 thumbnail
resss 

Edit:
Is Anjali going to do anything about Shyam's alias? They already know that Kamla was up to no good and that she previously worked with Shyam. The situation is doubly suspicious since Shyam changed his identity. 

Ugh. Shyam.๐Ÿ˜ต He didn't even spare a little girl! It's like he has a money radar. The way he sized up Tashi through her earrings, shoes, haircut, watch, clothes was just gross. This guy has no shame whatsoever. I'm glad, though, that Anjali didn't let on that she recognized Shyam. It gives her an upper hand and she'll need all the advantages she can get to ward off Shyam. 

In regards to Ajay and Anjali's love story, I'm not feeling any chemistry ๐Ÿ˜” in this chapter. Nothing like how it was on their first date. Now that chapter was hot. I'm not feeling any passion...only Ajay's frustration and determination is getting through but no feelings of love. He's declaring his love, yes, but the emotion is not coming through. I wish I could explain it better ๐Ÿ˜•.

I don't think Arnav will be as much of a problem then we predicted. Anjali was in full tigress mode and seeing her behaving so strongly might make him realize that Ajay's effect on Anjali is bringing positive results. 

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Edited by Sisbamboo1 - 10 years ago