Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: dhakkanmaster

hello

i live in jaipur...so ita a treat to read a story in the backdrops of jaipur...I got confused in first two chapters as to who is the hero- ajay or nitin...

beautiful story...very few story writers have explored the life of anjali after shyam's exit and you are one of them and must say the best amongst them...

waiting to read more about sugar-queeen raizada, the hot painter, nitin, radhika and tashi...

looks like chachaji, naniji and tashi are going to play cupid ...

amazing story

cheers
anukriti

ps- why have you named ajay's horse atticus
pps- is it you in your profile pic
ppps- though ajay is also ASR... but our asr is the best...ajay wiil remain second in my droolworthy male list

Cool!  I love the stories and the colors that Rajasthan is always associated with.  Thank you for you comments😊

Answers now to your  questions : PS:  It's soon to be revealed. 
PPS: Yes. 
PPPS: I am right there with you on that one.πŸ˜‰β˜ΊοΈ
SPMom thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow Indu that was awesome!! I like the way Anjali's conscience is arguing with her and at a point admitting that she is attracted to Ajay. Very well written there. Its been a pleasure to read the story. Wheneve I see your PM I reserve an nice peaceful time to read and enjoy every bit of it.  Eagerly waiitng for the next part. BTW now I like Anjali and Ajay's love story  better than ASR as these twio are more matured and more sophisticated strong individuals. 

Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Loved the update. Anjali & Ajay have this crackling chemistry & I'm looking forward to seeing you bring it to the forefront.

The flow of the story is fantastic & Jaipur is so romantic.
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: SPMom

Wow Indu that was awesome!! I like the way Anjali's conscience is arguing with her and at a point admitting that she is attracted to Ajay. Very well written there. Its been a pleasure to read the story. Wheneve I see your PM I reserve an nice peaceful time to read and enjoy every bit of it.  Eagerly waiitng for the next part. BTW now I like Anjali and Ajay's love story  better than ASR as these twio are more matured and more sophisticated strong individuals. 

Haritha darling,

thank you for your ever enthusiastic encouragement.  Fuel for my thoughts πŸ˜‰  I am toying with a full blown Arnav-Khushi season 2.  The idea is still nebulous.  will see.  Right now Ajay-Anjali-Nitin rule my mind πŸ˜‰
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nidsubh007

Loved the update. Anjali & Ajay have this crackling chemistry & I'm looking forward to seeing you bring it to the forefront.

The flow of the story is fantastic & Jaipur is so romantic.

Thanks Nidhi😊
PhoenixTears thumbnail
Awesome update dear, it was beautifully written. Just Fantastic πŸ˜Š Thanks for the PM too dear, you are going great with this story.

PS: If its you in your DP thn you are super cute too and I loved your hairstyle too, so adorable πŸ˜ƒ
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhenoixTears

Awesome update dear, it was beautifully written. Just Fantastic πŸ˜Š Thanks for the PM too dear, you are going great with this story.

PS: If its you in your DP thn you are super cute too and I loved your hairstyle too, so adorable πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you β˜ΊοΈ
Aruna1991 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Mask concept was awesome . Really innovative.😊
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Dear All,

Thank you for the lovely comments :)  special thanks to Shrishti and Aparna for commenting by chapter.πŸ€—

To clear up any lingering confusion on how come Anjali and Ajay did not recognize each other in Part 3 if the Rathods apparently were good friend of the Raizadas?  

Well, the elders were good friends.  Ajay and Anjali are five years apart in age and Anjali's parents are in Lucknow.  A bit of  narration on the background history is in order.

Devyani  is originally from Lucknow but married to Takhur Rudra Pratap Singh Raizada of Jaipur.  Her Daughter Ratna is married to Jaichand Mallik, the son of her husband's child hood friend who is in Lucknow. Subhadra and she had become fast friends ever since their aquintance soon after her marriage to Thakur Rudra Pratap Singh.

The only time Anjali and Arnav visited Jaipur was during Janmashtami, and as such they never mingled with Ajay.

Now on to the next chapter ...  Enjoy and comment away.

English Version is posted right after this one.

Pyaar in the Pink City

Part 9 Dreams and Plans

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night. ~Bill Watterson

"Chotte, abhi bhaarish rukha nahin, aapke naav tho doob jayenge.  Thode der baad try karte hain na?" called out Anjali from the shelter of the front porch.  Rains at naani's haveli were almost the norm during Janmashtami.  

Arnav merely looked up; his lips pursed stubbornly, water trickling from his hair over his eyes in a steady stream as he put yet another paper boat in the rivulet of rain-fed water by the curved driveway.  Anjali sighed, as it promptly got drenched by the steady raindrops even before it floated a few inches and her chotte's jaw clenched tighter in determination.  He was merely five and yet he would not cease his efforts until atleast one of the boats had sailed around the bend in the driveway.  

An idea struck Anjali and she quickly ran inside to emerge a few minutes later, fully dressed in a raincoat and with daadaji's humungous umbrella in her hand.  Just as Arnav put the last of his boats in the water she held the open umbrella over it shielding it from the rain.  They both walked along with it as it sailed in all its glory.  Chotte was besides himself with joy as he clapped and jumped in the water in ecstacy.  He always had such a wonderful laugh; much more beautiful than a thousand rainbows thought Anjali as she watched him unmindful of the water seeping into her shoes and wetting her feet.

The soles of her feet were getting wet, but wait---- there was no rain------so how could it----- and it didn't seem like wetness due to seeping rain, but due to some kind of a coarse wet rag being dragged across it back and forth, and'' it tickled.  Her eyes flew open and Anjali sat bolt upright in bed to find herself looking into the melting eyes of the largest mutt she had ever seen.  Lying across the foot of her bed was a huge ginger brown Labrador with its mottled black-brown-pink tongue making its way across the length of her foot in one long and lazy liiiccckkk.  Anjali jumped up and pulled her feet under her thighs, settling down on her knees as she heard Tashi's giggles.  

"Good morning Anjie aunty.  Yeh hai Dobby, my bestest friend; jaisa Atticus papa ka best friend hai.  Hum tabse wait kar rahethe ki aap utt jaye taaki hum aapko haveli ka tour de sakhen.  " She piped, her eyes dancing in glee.

Anjali smiled and stroked Tashi's cheek.  "Aap jaayi ye, hum tayyar hoke neeche aajayenge, phir aap jahaan hume lejayenge wahan chalenge.  Theek hai?" she asked with a bob nod of her head, cupping Tashi's chin.

"Ok!  Don't be late" instructed Tashi as she jumped down from the bed and rushed downstairs followed by Dobby, who briefly paused at the doorway to look back at Anjali with soulful eyes; as if to re-iterate Tashi's message, before he bounded downstairs.

"mmmhmmm" the low hum and  smile on Arnav's face in his sleep, brought on a tender smile on Khushi's.  She tossed her towel on the recliner and walked over to sit by him on the bed.   Slowly tracing his cheek with her index finger, she whispered in his ear, "Arnavji, kuch sunahra sapna dekh rahen hain kya?  Hume bhi batayiye na? "

Arnav opened one lazy eye and pulled her closer to him with a gentle tug."Di aur mein paani mein paper boats float kar rahen hain" he said, his eyes closed burrowing his face in her belly.  

"Kyaaa!" Khushi exclaimed in utter surprise. 

Of all the possible explanations she had not seen this coming.  A vivid image of a miniature ASR floating paper boats emerged in front of her eyes and the vision melted her heart and widened her smile as she stared back at him, waiting for him to elaborate.  

Arnav chuckled, imagining her face to perfection even with his eyes closed.  Oh! How he loved the astonished expression on his wife's face.  Even after two years of knowing the man that he was, she still did a double-take when he revealed some of his sweeter child hood memories like this one.  There were several stories from his childhood and many more layers to him, that she had not yet seen and he reveled in revealing them to her when she least expected it.  It always brought them closer than ever.  After all isn't that what a marriage is supposed to be?  Each constantly rediscovering the other and falling in love all over again. 

"Batayiye na Arnavji, kyon satarahe hai?  Hume neeche bhi to jaana hai, naashta banane.  Aanya uth gayi hogi aur unki dai aati hi hongi unhe massage dene" pleaded Khushi with a slight pout. 

Arnav sat up and pulling her closer;he twirled a strand of her semi-dry hair as he began relating his dream.  He had been dreaming of the time when he and Di were kids and having fun in the rains floating paper boats at Vrindavan, and Di his staunchest of allies had helped save them from drowning.  

Just as his narration ended, his phone rang, the highlighted LCD declaring that it was Anjali calling. In a flash he answered, "Hanh di, aap theek to ho na?"

"Chotte, Kaise hain aap?  Hum theek hai aur naaniji bhi.  Aap apna Khayal tho rakrahen hain na?  Hamara Haveli ' Vrindavan bahut sundar hai chotte.  Mein aur Nitin kal preliminary inspection report review kar chuke hain.  I am so excited, kitna potential hai, aur kitna history bhi." The dream had left Anjali homesick for her chotte.  She could not contain herself and had called up Arnav. 

"Khushiji, hume aap sab ki bahut yaad aarahi hain.  Ek din hi guzra hain, par aisa lagta hain ki aapko dekhkar na kahin maheene bheet gaye hain.  Payalji, Akash aur Aanya kaise hain?  Aur mamaji, maamiji?" She continued her conversation as the phone was passed around to the various members of the family in Shantivan including the Prakash brothers. 

By the time the call ended, Anjali had cheered up considerably.  Her step was light and a smile played on her lips as she made her way to the dining table for breakfast.  To top off her happinesss, she received a text from NK and Maya, accompanied by pictures of the two of them.  

"Naani, NK aur Mayaji Teej tak India mein honge.  Kitni acchi baat hai na? Hum NK bhai ko bahut miss karne lage the" she said, handing naani her phone with the pictures that she had just received from NK.

"Kitne khush lag rahe hain ee dono. Waise, Teej ko to bas do hi hafte rahgaya hai.  Tab tak hume Dilhi jaane ka padi" said Devyani.  

Ajay who had been quietly working through his breakfast lifted his head and swiftly flicked his gaze from naani to Anjali.  Teej brought with it sweet and sour memories and Anjali quickly turned away from naani's penetrating gaze, under the pretext of settling down.  There was a raw nerve there, decided Ajay who had neither missed the sudden cloud that cropped over her face, nor her deliberate attempt to avoid her naani's gaze.  

"Rajastan mein, Teej bahut hi bada utsav hain, aur khaas kar Jaipur mein dekhne laayak hota hai. Tho aap uss waqt kaise Delhi jaa sakte hain?" questioned Virenji, whose shrewd eyes had promptly noted Ajay's reaction to Devyani's statement with great satisfaction.

"Baat to sahi kahat hai aap" said Devyani with a slight smile, picking up on Virenji's cue, "Par, Dilhi ma hamra parivaar hai,aur-------"  she drawled out casting a glance at Anjali, who merely focused on her food and remained silent.  

"Tho unhe bhi yehan bulvalete hain.  Hame bhi badi khushi hogi sabse milke aur hamara Haveli bhi khil uthe ga aap sab ke aane se.  Kyon Ajay, kya Khayal hai?" asked Viren Chacha.  

Ajay shrugged, glancing around genially and replied, "Jaisa aap theek samje chachaji."   

"Chachaji, aapko pata nahin hain ki aap kya kahrahen hai.  Chotte, Khushiji, Akash, Payalji, Aanya, mama, maami, aur ab NK bhai aur Mayaji, itne saare logon ko yehan par?  Aap kaise sab ko sambaal payenge?  Yeh sab bahut mushkil hai.  Iss se asaan tareeka hain, naani aur hum Delhi jaayen". 

Ajay's eyes widened at the long list while Tashi's glowed in delight"Wow! Ek family mein itne sare log.  What fun!  Dadaji, papa please, sab ko yaheen bulayenge.  It'll be fun.  I have never seen such a large family" she squealed, clapping her hands gleefully. 

"Theek, hai, tho, yeh thai raha ki aap ka poora parivaar iss saal Theej hamare haveli mein manaayega. Hamare Shivji ka mandir jo Haveli ke grounds pe hain, vahin par saalon se har tyohaar hum manate aarahen hain.  Iss baar sabke saat manane mein bada mazaa aayega.  Aur hamare haveli mein sabke liye rahaneka intezaam hojayega.  Gabrayiye mat bitiya." Assured Virenji, his smile a mile-wide. 

"Hey, Ajay''. Namaste chachaji, naaniji.  Hello Anjali" greeted Radhika as she breezed in, playfully ruffling Tashi's hair along the way.   She wore a crisp white shirt, navy blue trousers with suspenders and sported think black framed glasses that made her look incredibly cute.  Anjali smiled at her.  She had chatted with her in last night's party, and Nitin had said that she was Ajay's PRO as well as his right hand.  Ajay let her deal with his numerous agents, publicity campaigns and any and all of his pet projects and adhoc requests.  She was not just his employee, but also his confidante.  

Ajay dabbed his lips with the napkin and rose from his seat, "Chachaji, Naaniji, I'll see you all later.  Hamare mining office mein kuch urgent Government contract related issue hai, aur uske baad apne agli series of paintings ki exhibit ke bhare mein Radhika ke saat discuss karni hain." murmered Ajay, excusing himself "aapke tour ke anth mein, stables pe apse milta hoon.  Naaniji, Tashi aur chachaji aapko Haveli ka sair karvane ka poora plan bana chuke hain, tho I am sure, aap bilkul bhi bore nahin honge."  With a quick hug and peck on Tashi's cheek and a passing glance at Anjali, Ajay left the place engrossed in his conversation with Radhika.

"Yeh to bada hi khatin kaam hai Shyamji." Said the woman looking up at the resolute face of the man seated across from her at Cafe Coffee day.  She was definitely a few years older than him and was dressed in a cotton saree with her hair tied up in a low bun at the nape of her neck.  

He paused while the waiter served them their coffee and only resumed after ascertaining he was out of ear-shot.  "Arrey aise kitne khel hum dono khel chuke hain.  Aap to iss khel ke purane khiladi hai.  Phir hum hai na sambaal ne ke liye.  Agar sunehara bhavishya ki aapeksha ho, to thodisi jhokam uthani padti hai na?  

The woman thought for a full five minutes and then slowly nodded her head.  Theek hai, par agar muje khatre ki zarasi bhi jalak lagi to mein turant wahan se rafoo-chakkar ho jaoongi, aur baaki ka khel sambaal na apke haaton mein hoga.  

"Manzoor hai" replied Shyam gleefuly his handsome face rendered sinister by his twisted smile.  "Tho aap aaj shaam hi apke saheli se mil lijiye aur poori jaankari prapt karleejiye.  Dyan rahe, Rani Sahiba aapko pahele dekh chuki hai aur apko pahchan legi, isliye savdhani se kaam lijiye.  Aap unke nazar mein na pade.  

"Ji Shyamji" she said and left the place.  

Shyam leaned his neck back stretching out the strong column of his throat and closed his eyes.  It was time to wait patiently, for the kill belongs to the predator that waits for the right moment to strike.  He inhaled deeply, a long meditative breath to ease his nerves. 

"Akash, did you call Ajay?  Is everything set?" asked Arnav at lunch.  

"Ji bhai, everything is set." Smiled Akash giving his bhai a thumbs-up.  

Khushi squeeled and squeezed Payal's hand.  "Hey Devi Mayya.  Unka chehra dekhne layak hoga."  

Arnav looked at his wife with a smile as her infectious excitement made its appearance in the pit of his stomach in the form of flutters and bubbles of anticipation.

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Dear All,

Thank you for the lovely comments :)  special thanks to Shrishti and Aparna for commenting by chapter.πŸ€—

To clear up any lingering confusion on how come Anjali and Ajay did not recognize each other in Part 3 if the Rathods apparently were good friend of the Raizadas?  

Well, the elders were good friends.  Ajay and Anjali are five years apart in age and Anjali's parents are in Lucknow.  A bit of  narration on the background history is in order.

Devyani  is originally from Lucknow but married to Takhur Rudra Pratap Singh Raizada of Jaipur.  Her Daughter Ratna is married to Jaichand Mallik, the son of her husband's child hood friend and Subhadra who lived in Lucknow.  Subhadra and Devyani became fast friends, minutes after they made aquaintance.

The only time Anjali and Arnav visited Jaipur was during Janmashtami, and as such they never mingled with Ajay.

Now on to the next chapter ...  Enjoy and comment away.

Pyaar in the Pink City(English)

Part 9 Dreams and Plans

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night. ~Bill Watterson

"Chotte, the rain has not let up yet.  Your boats will sink.  Why don't we try after a while?" called out Anjali from the shelter of the front porch.  Rains at naani's haveli were almost the norm during Janmashtami.  

Arnav merely looked up; his lips pursed stubbornly, water trickling from his hair over his eyes in a steady stream as he put yet another paper boat in the rivulet of rain-fed water by the curved driveway.  Anjali sighed, as it promptly got drenched by the steady raindrops even before it floated a few inches and her chotte's jaw clenched tighter in determination.  He was merely five and yet he would not cease his efforts until atleast one of the boats had sailed around the bend in the driveway.  

An idea struck Anjali and she quickly ran inside to emerge a few minutes later, fully dressed in a raincoat and with daadaji's humungous umbrella in her hand.  Just as Arnav put the last of his boats in the water she held the open umbrella over it shielding it from the rain.  They both walked along with it as it sailed in all its glory.  Chotte was besides himself with joy as he clapped and jumped in the water in ecstacy.  He always had such a wonderful laugh; much more beautiful than a thousand rainbows thought Anjali as she watched him unmindful of the water seeping into her shoes and wetting her feet.

The soles of her feet were getting wet, but wait---- there was no rain------so how could it----- and it didn't seem like wetness due to seeping rain, but due to some kind of a coarse wet rag being dragged across it back and forth, and'' it tickled.  Her eyes flew open and Anjali sat bolt upright in bed to find herself looking into the melting eyes of the largest mutt she had ever seen.  Lying across the foot of her bed was a huge ginger brown Labrador with its mottled black-brown-pink tongue making its way across the length of her foot in one long and lazy liiiccckkk.  Anjali jumped up and pulled her feet under her thighs, settling down on her knees as she heard Tashi's giggles.  

"Good morning Anjie aunty.  This is Dobby, my bestest friend just as Atticus is papa's.  We have been patiently waiting for a long time for you to wake up, so we can give you a tour of the haveli.  " She piped, her eyes dancing in glee.

Anjali smiled and stroked Tashi's cheek.  "Really?  I am honoured! How about I get ready and join you downstairs in a bit?  Then I'll go wherever you take me.  Ok?" she asked with a bob nod of her head, cupping Tashi's chin. 

"Ok!  Don't be late" instructed Tashi as she jumped down from the bed and rushed downstairs followed by Dobby, who briefly paused at the doorway to look back at Anjali with soulful eyes; as if to re-iterate Tashi's message, before he bounded downstairs.

"mmmhmmm" the low hum and  smile on Arnav's face in his sleep, brought on a tender smile on Khushi's.  She tossed her towel on the recliner and walked over to sit by him on the bed.   Slowly tracing his cheek with her index finger, she whispered in his ear, "Arnavji, Is it a really good dream?  Please share with me too. "

Arnav opened one lazy eye and pulled her closer to him with a gentle tug."Di and I are floating paper boats" he said, his eyes closed, burrowing his face in her belly.  

"Whaaat the!" Khushi exclaimed in utter surprise. 

Of all the possible explanations she had not seen this coming.  A vivid image of a miniature ASR floating paper boats emerged in front of her eyes and the vision melted her heart and widened her smile as she stared back at him, waiting for him to elaborate.  

Arnav chuckled, imagining her face to perfection even with his eyes closed.  "Oh! How he loved the astonished expression on his wife's face.  Even after two years of knowing the man that he was, she still did a double-take when he revealed some of his sweeter child hood memories like this one.  There were several stories from his childhood and many more layers to him, that she had not yet seen and he reveled in revealing them to her when she least expected it.  It always brought them closer than ever.  After all isn't that what a marriage is supposed to be?  Each constantly rediscovering the other and falling in love all over again."  

"Aw! Come on now.  Don't be a tease.  Tell me more.  I don't have a lot of time.  Aanya must be up and it's time for her bath.  Her masseuse will be here soon." pleaded Khushi with a slight pout. 

Arnav sat up and pulling her closer;he twirled a strand of her semi-dry hair as he began relating his dream.  He had been dreaming of the time when he and Di were kids and having fun in the rains floating paper boats at Vrindavan, and Di his staunchest of allies had helped save them from drowning.  

Just as his narration ended, his phone rang, the highlighted LCD declaring that it was Anjali calling. In a flash he answered, "Yeah di, Are you ok?"

"Chotte, How are you?  Naani and I are just fine.  I hope you are taking care of yourself.  Our Haveli ' Vrindavan is magnificent.  Nitin and I have reviewed the preliminary reports yesterday.  I am so excited.  There is a ton of history and potential there." The dream had left Anjali homesick for her chotte.  She could not contain herself and had called up Arnav. 

"Khushiji, I am constantly reminded of all of you. It's been only a day since I have been away from Shantivan, but it feels like it has been ages since I have last seen you all.  How are Payalji, Akash and Aanya?  And how about mamaji and maamiji?" She continued her conversation as the phone was passed around to the various members of the family in Shantivan including the Prakash brothers. 

By the time the call ended, Anjali had cheered up considerably.  Her step was light and a smile played on her lips as she made her way to the dining table for breakfast.  To top off her happinesss, she received a text from NK and Maya, accompanied by pictures of the two of them.  

"Naani, NK and Mayaji will be in India with us by Teej.  Isn't that wonderful? I was really missing NK bhai." she said, handing naani her phone with the pictures that she had just received from NK.

"Bless them both.  They look so happy and in love.  Speaking of Teej, it is barely two weeks away.  We need to be back in Delhi by then" said Devyani.  

Ajay who had been quietly working through his breakfast lifted his head and swiftly flicked his gaze from naani to Anjali.  Teej brought with it sweet and sour memories and Anjali quickly turned away from naani's penetrating gaze, under the pretext of settling down.  There was a raw nerve there, decided Ajay who had neither missed the sudden cloud that cropped over her face, nor her deliberate attempt to avoid her naani's gaze.  

"Teej is one of the major festivals of Rajasthan.  In Jaipur there are a lot of festivities during that time. You can't possibly think of leaving then and miss all tha!." exclaimed Virenji, whose shrewd eyes had promptly noted Ajay's reaction to Devyani's statement with great satisfaction.

"That's true too." said Devyani with a slight smile, picking up on Virenji's cue, "But the rest of our family is in Delhi and-------"  she drawled out casting a glance at Anjali, who merely focused on her food and remained silent.  

"Well let us invite them all over.  We can all celebrate Teej here at our haveli.  What do you say Ajay?" asked Viren Chacha.  

Ajay shrugged, glancing around genially and replied, "Whatever you say chachaji."   

"Chachaji, pardon me.  But you really have no idea what you are signing up for.  Chotte, Khushiji, Akash, Payalji, Aanya, mama, maami, and now, NK bhai and Mayaji, all of them here?  How will you manage everyone?  We can't possibly put you to all this trouble.  It's just easier for Naani and I to go to Delhi". 

Ajay's eyes widened at the long list while Tashi's glowed in delight "Wow! All of these people in one family?  What fun!  Dadaji, papa please, can we have everyone come over.  It'll be fun.  I have never seen such a large family" she squealed, clapping her hands gleefully. 

"But of course child.   It's settled then.  Devyaniji, your entire family is welcome in our home.  It's a Rathod tradition to start all festival celebrations with prayers at our Shiva temple that is located on our haveli grounds.  The more, the merrier.  As for your family inconveniencing us, fiddlesticks.  Don't even think about that my dear Anjali.  This haveli can accommodate all of the people you mentioned and more.  Don't you worry your pretty head about it." Assured Virenji, his smile a mile-wide. 

"Hey, Ajay''. Namaste chachaji, naaniji.  Hello Anjali" greeted Radhika as she breezed in, playfully ruffling Tashi's hair along the way.  She wore a crisp white shirt, navy blue trousers with suspenders and sported think black framed glasses that made her look incredibly cute.  

Anjali smiled at her.  She had chatted with her in last night's party, and Nitin had said that she was Ajay's PRO as well as his right hand.  Ajay let her deal with his numerous agents, publicity campaigns and any and all of his pet projects and adhoc requests.  She was not just his employee, but also his confidante.  

Ajay dabbed his lips with the napkin and rose from his seat, "Chachaji, Naaniji, I'll see you all later.  I have to take care of an urgent Government contract related issue at our mining office, and Radhika and I have to discuss about my next series of paintings and their exhibition" murmered Ajay, excusing himself "I'll meet you at the stables at the end of your tour in the evening.  Naaniji, Tashi and chachaji have mapped out the whole day ahead for you."  With a quick hug and peck on Tashi's cheek and a passing glance at Anjali, Ajay left the place engrossed in his conversation with Radhika.

"This is risky business Shyamji." Said the woman looking up at the resolute face of the man seated across from her at Cafe Coffee day.  She was definitely a few years older than him and was dressed in a cotton saree with her hair tied up in a low bun at the nape of her neck.  

He paused while the waiter served them their coffee and only resumed after ascertaining he was out of ear-shot.  "Pish!  We have pulled off several such risky ones without a hitch.  And you are a seasoned player.  You know the rules of the game very well.  Besides I am here to manage everything.  Big risk equates to big gains."  

The woman thought for a full five minutes and then slowly nodded her head.  "Alright. But, at the first whiff of trouble, I will disappear.  Then it's up to you."  

"It's a deal" replied Shyam gleefully, his handsome face rendered sinister by his twisted smile.  "Talk to your friend this afternoon.  Rani Sahibha has seen you.  You have to stay away from her sight.  

"Of course Shyamji" she said and left the place.  

Shyam leaned his neck back stretching out the strong column of his throat and closed his eyes.  It was time to wait patiently, for the kill belongs to the predator that waits for the right moment to strike.  He inhaled deeply, a long meditative breath to ease his nerves. 

"Akash, did you call Ajay?  Is everything set?" asked Arnav at lunch.  

"Yep. Bhai, everything is set" smiled Akash giving his brother a thumbs-up.  

Khushi squealed and squeezed Payal's hand.  "Hey Devi Mayya.  What a surprise it's going to be!"  

Arnav looked at his wife with a smile as her infectious excitement made its appearance in the pit of his stomach in the form of flutters and bubbles of anticipation.

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago