Frequent Posters

Cute6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
atlast both the ASR's met...
and dat too wid d help of natasha...
i loved d way u made dem meet...
and anjali has fallen for him...
d way u wer describing rathodes features the only peson i got into my mind was arnav...😃😆
but him leaving abruptly...
der must be something more to the past i guesss...
anyways vaiting for next1.
srishti_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing chapter! I loved the banner and the quote with which you began the chapter.
Ajay surely is a great father. The worry and fright that caught his heart when he couldn't find Natasha rightly portrays how much he loves his daughter. He couldn't think of any other thing and just wanted to find her. And the absolute relief that he got when he saw her sitting with a huge ice-cream, he clearly can't live without her.
I absolutely agree with Lavanya's comment that there are very less men who are as good looking as ASR. He is a looker and Ajay is no less. 
So finally Anjali and Mr. Rathod have met. The way you described the masculinity and the rugged looks of Ajay, I literally had goosebumps. Wonderful! The thoughts going on in Anjali's mind, were very well written. I loved the whole conversation between them. Anjali actually behaved like a teenage girl who had met the man about whom she had fantasized, she was awestruck! Ajay doesn't mix up with people and that is very clear in their first encounter itself. He actually ran away as fast as he could because he couldn't handle the limelight. Anjali's subsequent thoughts were justified! How could someone walk away like that. 
Anjali did leave an impact on Ajay's mind and he also realised how awkwardly he behaved. He was actually thinking of her and couldn't stop himself from doing that. He has a very sad and sorrowful past. I felt very bad reading about the demise of his wife, his incapability to cope up with that, and the death of his parents after that. The man has gone through a lot in his life. And no doubt his life lies in his daughter because she is the only one he is left with. I love the way the story is moving ahead. I prefer Mr. Rathod more for Anjali since he is also an ASR and I just feel that he is the one for her. They both would be perfect for each other. 
You are a wonderful writer! Fantastic work! Please update soon! Thank you for the PM! Stay blessed! 😊 😊
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
My Lovely Readers, 

Yep ASR meets ASR(Female version)  in the last chapter.  Each have their own thoughts and reactions as they ponder alone about their first meeting.  

Thank you for your comments.  Read on as the saga unfolds... Let us see what happens.  

Scroll down for the English Version

Pyaar in the Pink City

Part 5 Match Makers

"People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges." ~ Joseph F. Newton

"TASHI... TASHI where are you?"  Ajay looked from room to room for his daughter, cursing his sprawling ancestral haveli that provided ample hiding spots for an imaginative little kid.  Finally he found her at the breakfast table, her nose buried in a book and her toast untouched.  

"Tashi, you know you are not allowed to read at the dining table, and woh bhi on a weekday jab tumhe school jaana hai.  You will be late to school.  "Ajay ground out, his voice low but edged with frustration. 

"Please papa just two minutes, pretty please." And she directed the full force of her large innocent brown eyes at him.  

"Arrrgh! Alright two minutes that's it.  Waise you did not ask me if you could read at the table, tho Kiss ne allow kiya tumhe book padne ke liye?" he asked taking a final shot at standing his ground with his daughter.  

She had him wrapped around her pinky and she knew it.  "Dadaji of course; you silly daddy" she smiled and promptly buried her nose into whatever it was that Harry and Hermione were up to now.

"Of course!  Chachaji" muttered Ajay throwing up his hands and repeated "Fifteen minutes Tashi for you to finish your breakfast, get ready and meet me in the driveway.  I want you in the car by Eight Fifteen".  With that he left the room to look for his uncle.

Ajay's mother had passed away of heart attack two years back and within a month of her demise his father had passed away in his sleep with a broken heart.  They had been devoted to each other and his father simply could not live without his wife.   Ajay smiled a little bitterly as he thought, "I wish I could say the same about myself."  

Ajay's chacha, Virendra Singh Rathod was the only father figure and closest thing to family he and Tashi had left.

"Good morning chachaji" he called out as he entered the living room.  

Viren chacha was on the phone.  He smiled at Ajay and signaled him to sit down while he wrapped up his conversation.   "Yeh tho Arnav bada hi accha nirnay liya hai.  Arrey, kaisi baat kar rahi hain aap Devyani ji.  Yeh tho hamara sowbhagya hain.  Humari Haveli bhi tho aap hi ka ghar hai.  Hamare hote hue, aap kahin aur rahne ki soch bhi nahin sakti.  Ji.  Hum saara intezaam kardethe hain.  Ajay aajayega apko airport se receive karne ke liye.  Waise kab hai aapki flight?  Accha shanivaar ko.  Bas do hi din baaki hain.  Jee, itne saalon ke baad aapko aur aapki nathi ko milke badi khushi hogi.  Manohar kaisa hain.   Accha, theek hai.  Ab hum phone rakte hain"

Ajay put down the newspaper that he was scanning, and looked enquiringly at his uncle,"Kaun tha chachaji? Aur kaun aaraha hai?"  

Virendra Singh proceeded to explain" Woh jo Raizadon ke purkon ki Haveli hai na, use restore karke resort mein convert karne wala hain Arnav Singh Raizada.  Iss silsile mein uski behan aur naani, Devyaniji Jaipur aarahe hain.  Aapko shaayad theek se yaad nahin hoga, par Thakur Rudra Pratap Singh ke beta Manohar aur aapke pitaji bade ache dost rahe. Aapke swargvasi chachi bhi Devyani ji ko apni maa samaan maanthi thi. Apke vilayat jaane ke do saal baad, Rudra Pratap ji ka dehaant hogaya tha aur ve log Delhi chale gaye.  Aap unhe pick up karlena Saturday ke din, airport se.  Kuch maheenon ke liye ve hamare mehmaan honge."

Ajay sighed and looked at his uncle quizzically,"Aur iss mein aapki koi chaal nahin hain, muje uss ladki se set up karne ki?" he asked.  

"Not at all Ajay.  Waise ab aap baat ched hi diye ho, tho hamare rai bhi sunleejiye.  Yeh khayaal utna bhi bura nahin hain.  Accha kasa Kaandaan hain, aur -----" 

"No thank you very much chachaji.  Par yeh arrangement mere case mein work out nahin hoga"  

"Par Ajay, you have to move on.  Zindagi mein Pyaar kahi baar dil ke darwaze pe khat-khatathi hain, par agar aap dil pe tala laga ke rakho ge, tho kaise woh andar aapayega?"

Ajay knelt in front of his uncle and replied earnestly"Chachaji, I promised you, I'll move on and I will.  Par apni terms par when I am ready, aur jab muje lage ki jo bhi ladki ab meri zindagi mein aayegi woh Tashi ka bhi mom ban sakegi, tab.  Tho please aap yeh match making mat kee jiye.  Aur who bhi ek amirzadi page three type ki ladki se". 

" Ajay, aap abhi tak unse nahin mile hai.  Bagair unse mile unhe jaane, aap kaise aise opinion banalete hai."  Virnenji shook his head as he reprimanded Ajay for his prejudice and stereotyping of Anjali.   Devyani ka yehan aana ek ithefaq hain, iss mein mera koi haath nahin hain.  Aur aap unhe receive karoge.  Theek hain?"  Chachaji  said, gently running his hand over his nephew's head.

Ajay had not just been his nephew, he had been the son he could never have.  He was as much the pride and joy of his life as he had been of his brother's.  He had promised Ajay that he would not initiate match-making, but he had not promised not to aid and abet another's match making efforts.  And he hoped against hope that Devyani's arrival with her grand-daughter would change things around in their haveli.  

He had seen Anjali's picture in the news with her brother Arnav.  She was a beauty with an unadulterated air of purity about her.  The thought brought forth a slow smile to Virendra Singh's lips while he waved his granddaughter off to school.

"Dhruv.  Aapne sab pack tho kar li na?  Kuch bhool to nahin rahe?"  Fretted Khushi as she hovered over her youngest and favorite dewar.  

Dhruv looked up from his email from his alma mater in Monterey, California, to reassure his bhaabi with a smile.  "Kuch nahin bhool rahan hoon bhaabi.  Relax."  He rose to put an arm around her shoulder at her stricken expression and said" I promise, I'll write.  Per mein to email hi bejoonga.  Tho you have to get computer savvy.  Promise?" 

Khushi smiled in delight.  "Aapke liye tho hum kuch bhi karenge Dhruv, phir yeh tho sirf computer hi tho hai" remarked Khushi dramatically snapping her fingers.

Arnav smiled indulgently at the duo.  Dhruv and Khushi got along famously, bound by their proximity in age and their mutual deep rooted love for Arnav.  

Naani, Di and Payal joined in the chorus of wishing him a safe journey and listing out a hundred and one things to watch out for including blue eyed blondes, as Dhruv cuddled Aanya one last time before handing her back to Akash with a wink and a smile.  

"Yeah! Especially watch out for the blondes Dhruv.  There is no telling when they will sink their fangs into you and draw blood.   Naaniji waise mein bhi bas do din mein California jaa rahi hoon, aap kahe tho Dhruv par ek nazar rakoon?  Aur aapko full report bejdoon?" sang Lavanya smiling, her cheeks dimpling up mischievously. 

Dhruv chuckled at her comments, gave his Arnav bhai a bear hug, and suppressing a lump in his throat he turned to leave. His heart tugged in his breast as he waved to his teary-eyed mother and his father who was bravely attempting to keep a straight face.  He would work out a deal to conduct his next exploratory project in India.  

He loved to travel and his job as an Oceanographer took him round the globe.  But right about now, there was no other place he would rather be, than Shantivan.  He would definitely need to work it out he resolved as Mohan sped him away to the airport.

Shyam a.k.a Rakesh Singh cursed under his breath as he lowered his binoculars, from the sight of the Raizadas waving off their youngest member at the gates of Shativan.  All this sweetness was having a cloying effect on him.  

The freaking family has turned into Suraj Barjathiya's 'Hum Saat Saat hain' movie.  How the hell do I get into Shantivan when it is overflowing with people?  Saale saab seems to be entirely too happy as did his Raani Sahiba.  But not for long.  Pahele hume woh Will dhoondna hoga, phir hum karenge apna pahela waar.  Hum aur intezaar nahin kar sakte.  Ab waqt aagaya hai."

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

My Lovely Readers, 

Yep ASR meets ASR(Female version)  in the last chapter.  Each have their own thoughts and reactions as they ponder alone about their first meeting.  

Thank you for your comments.  Read on as the saga unfolds... Let us see what happens.  

Pyaar in the Pink City (English)

Part 5 Match Makers

"TASHI'. TASHI where are you?"  Ajay looked from room to room for his daughter, cursing his sprawling ancestral haveli that provided ample hiding spots for an imaginative little kid.  Finally he found her at the breakfast table, her nose buried in a book and her toast untouched.  

"Tashi, you know you are not allowed to read at the dining table, especially on a weekday when you need to leave for school.  You will be late.  "Ajay ground out, his voice low but edged with frustration. 

"Please papa just two minutes, pretty please." And she directed the full force of her large innocent brown eyes at him.  

"Arrrgh! Alright two minutes that's it.  By the way, you did not ask me if you could read at the table, so who exatly permitted you to read at the table again?" he asked taking a final shot at standing his ground with his daughter.  

She had him wrapped around her pinky and she knew it.  "Dadaji of course; you silly daddy" she smiled and promptly buried her nose into whatever it was that Harry and Hermione were up to now.

"Of course!  Chachaji" muttered Ajay throwing up his hands and repeated "Fifteen minutes Tashi for you to finish your breakfast, get ready and meet me in the driveway.  I want you in the car by Eight Fifteen".  With that he left the room to look for his uncle.

Ajay's mother had passed away of heart attack two years back and within a month of her demise his father had passed away in his sleep with a broken heart.  They had been devoted to each other and his father simply could not live without his wife.   Ajay smiled a little bitterly as he thought, "I wish I could say the same about myself" and strode down the hallway in quest of his uncle.  

Ajay's chacha, Virendra Singh Rathod was the only father figure and closest thing to family he and Tashi had left.

"Good morning chachaji" he called out as he entered the living room.  

Viren chacha was on the phone.  He smiled at Ajay and signaled him to sit down while he wrapped up his conversation.   "This is a great move by Arnav.  Not at all,  We will be honored Devyaniji.  Our Haveli's doors are always wide open for you and your family. You will absolutely stay with us and there are no two choices in this matter. Absolutely.  I will make all the arrangements.  Ajay will pick you up. When are you arriving?  This Saturday?  That's great.  It will be wonderful to see you and your grand daughter after all these years.  How is Manohar?  Alright,  we will talk in person soon."

Ajay put down the newspaper that he was scanning, and looked enquiringly at his uncle,"Who was that on the phone?  Who is coming over?"  

Virendra Singh proceeded to explain" Arnav Singh Raizada the heir to the Raizada's haveli has decided to restore and convert their ancestral Haveli into a resort.  In this connection his grandmother Devyaniji and his sister are visiting.  You may not remember, Thakur Rudra Pratap Singh and Devyaniji's son Manohar and your dad were thick friends. Your aunt, my late wife, bless her heart, considered Devyaniji as her mom. A few years after you left abroad for your education, Thakurji passed away and the family relocated to Delhi.  You will pick them up on Saturday.  They will be our esteemed guests for a few months."

Ajay sighed and looked at his uncle quizzically,"Are you sure this is not one of your attempts to set me up with yet another seemingly suitable girl?" he asked.  

"Not at all Ajay.  Since you did bring up the topic, let me tell you that this is not a bad idea at all.  The family is wonderful and..." 

"No thank you very much chachaji.  This arrangement will not workout in my case."  

"Ajay, you have to move on.  Life offers one multiple chances to find and rejoice in love. But to be able to recognize and embrace it you have to have your heart open.  If you padlock and bury your heart behind insurmountable walls, how will you ever be able to give yourself a second chance at finding love?"

Ajay knelt in front of his uncle and replied earnestly, "Chachaji, I promised you, I'll move on and I will.  But, on my terms, when I am ready, and when I am convinced that the woman who I'll let into my heart and life would also be able to be my Tashi's mother. So, please, for the sake of the two of us stay away from these matchmaking plans.  Especially those involving these super rich Page three type of women". 

" Ajay, you are yet to meet her.  How in the world can you form your opinions without even getting to know her?"  Virnenji shook his head as he reprimanded Ajay for his prejudice and stereotyping of Anjali.   Devyaniji's trip to Jaipur is a sheer coincidence.  I have no hand in this.  And you will receive them on Saturday.  Ok?  Chachaji said, gently running his hand over his nephew's head.

Ajay had not just been his nephew, he had been the son he could never have.  He was as much the pride and joy of his life as he had been of his brother's.  He had promised Ajay that he would not initiate match-making, but he had not promised not to aid and abet another's match making efforts.  And he hoped against hope that Devyani's arrival with her grand-daughter would change things around in their haveli.  

He had seen Anjali's picture in the news with her brother Arnav.  She was a beauty with an unadulterated air of purity about her.  The thought brought forth a slow smile to Virendra Singh's lips while he waved his granddaughter off to school.

"Dhruv.  Are you sure you've packed everything?  What if you leave and discover you have left behind something important?"  Fretted Khushi, hovering over her youngest and favorite brother-in-law.  

Dhruv looked up from his email from his alma mater in Monterey, California, to reassure his bhaabi with a smile.  "I have not forgotten anything.  Relax."  

He rose to put an arm around her shoulder at her stricken expression and said" I promise, I'll write.  But only electronic mails, you know, emails.  You have to get computer savvy.  Promise?" 

Khushi smiled in delight.  "To read your emails? Ofcourse.  Computers paah!  They are no match for me" she remarked dramatically, snapping her fingers.

Arnav smiled indulgently at the duo.  Dhruv and Khushi got along famously, bound by their proximity in age and their mutual deep rooted love for Arnav.  Naani, Di and Payal joined in the chorus of wishing him a safe journey and listing out a hundred and one things to watch out for including blue eyed blondes, as Dhruv cuddled Aanya one last time before handing her back to Akash with a wink and a smile.  

"Yeah! Especially watch out for the blondes Dhruv.  There is no telling when they will sink their fangs into you and draw blood.   Naaniji I will be heading out to California in a couple of days.   Just say the word.  I'll have my eye on our Dhruv and report back at regular intervals." sang Lavanya smiling, her cheeks dimpling up mischievously. 

Dhruv chuckled at her comments, gave his Arnav bhai a bear hug, and suppressing a lump in his throat he turned to leave. His heart tugged in his breast as he waved to his teary-eyed mother and his father who was bravely attempting to keep a straight face.  

He would work out a deal to conduct his next exploratory project in India.  He loved to travel and his job as an Oceanographer took him round the globe.  But right about now, there was no other place he would rather be, than Shantivan.  He would definitely need to work it out he resolved as Mohan sped him away to the airport.

Shyam a.k.a Rakesh Singh cursed under his breath as he lowered his binoculars, from the sight of the Raizadas waving off their youngest member at the gates of Shativan.  All this sweetness was having a cloying effect on him.  

The freaking family has turned into Suraj Barjathiya's 'Hum Saat Saat hain' movie.  How the hell do I get into Shantivan when it is overflowing with people?  Saale saab seems to be entirely too happy as did his Raani Sahiba.  But, not for long.  I need to lay my hands on that Will first, then, I will strike.  My patience is running out.  It's time!

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
Drkk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
1st here. Nice updateEdited by Drkk - 11 years ago
SPMom thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
love the way story is going on. I am very curious to see how the 2 guys fight for Anjali.. You should post the next part soon :).
nishu_shorna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow...amazing chapter...ur description of Ajay's life is nice...So Dhruv is going out,wont he be in this story...Oh no,the snake will come back...loved the update dear...thanks for the pm... 
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I'm loving this story more and more every day! 😃

Ajay's chacha ji sounds like Nora Roberts' Daniel McGregor 😆. And I absolutely LOVE Daniel's matchmaking efforts, how his children and grandchildren think they are too smart for him, but eventually end up marrying the ones he chose for them 😆 😆. Chacha ji's promise of not initiating matchmaking, but helping already started ones strongly reminded me of that.
BTW, as only nani ji and Anjali are visiting, A-A love story will have some time & space to proceed without our dearest chote inteferering, wouldn't it? 😃

Somehow the most exiting part in the update for me was the last part. Waiting to see what our Shyamu's next mad-scientist scheme would be. After all, he's The Villain We Love To Hate. the story only gets more spicier with his not-so-divine interventions.

Edited by aruni50218 - 11 years ago
Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So Shyaam is ready to strike. Ajay be ready for some emotional upheaval.
Indu.. 👏
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Loved the story. So Anjali ready to meet Ajay but now as a guest in his own house and Ajay's chachaji all out to get this match happening and we have Shyam readying to strike again. Can't wait for the next update. I wish ASR comes to know of Shyam's intention. Loved the way you have written about Ajay's family and his relationship with Tashi and his chachaji. Thanks for the pm.