Enough is enough???-Kiran[Vishal Rastogi]

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Enough is enough???

Finally Mumbai stands up for its rights! After the serial bomb blasts which shook Mumbai, a leading newspaper carried an 'Enough is Enough' campaign calling it the Mumbai Petition. The petition which will be handed to the Prime Minister is an attempt to champion the interest of those who care for Mumbai, the financial capital of our country. The petition demands better public services, more accountability, good infrastructure, security and above all, a fair share from the national exchequer.

Tellystars, who gave in their bit on the deluge that took place this year on 4/11 and the series of bomb blasts on 7/11, talk about the petition.

Riya V Anandwala explores.

Maninnee Misra

I read the entire petition and I feel it's totally valid. The manner in which they have written it is what the people of Mumbai actually feel, because in reality the city has taken a lot. More than blaming the government, it is the people of the city who have to take a stand. The predictable result of this petition is ideally an immediate action. And that means the system falls in place forthwith, acts are registered so on and so forth.

Kiran Kumar

It's a wonderful thing ever done. We pay our taxes on a regular basis, and get such a step brotherly treatment. Enough is enough! The government is answerable to us for things like our security, potholes on the road and our rights as citizens in a democracy. It's high time the people wake up. Whenever there are calamities like earthquakes, tsunamis, Mumbai always contributes in a way it can. We don't really know how many people will actually sign in. But, I think we all should think about it and do the needful!

Tassnim Sheikh

Something should be done, it seems like everyone has taken Mumbai for granted. Whenever there is some problem, it's the people who come out and help others, and government takes a backseat. I have visited countries where the government takes care of them, but what does our government do for us inspite of us paying heavy taxes? Senior citizens who have been paying taxes since a very long time get nothing at all. And trust me; the voice of people is going to fall on deaf ears. Year after year we will have such petitions coming out, but there will be no action. This country is not worth living in!

Sharad Kelkar

Certainly Mumbai has faced a lot, and we need to speak up and stand up for our rights. But the petition is a big decision taken. The government knows about everything, but still it isn't doing anything. There have been so many petitions in the past, but only a few are acknowledged, so we can't really expect much from this.

Satish Shah

Government should look into the matter on a priority basis. It is high time they work towards the prevention of these issues. The government needs to put energy, money and intelligence together, and try to work towards making this country a better place to be in. Everytime such appeals are futile, hope not this time.

thanks you for sharing. can anyyone tel me what happened in mumbai has i dont know the full story.
Thankx 4 the sherring 😊
Posted: 16 years ago

Edited by Himu - 16 years ago