Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Apr 17, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Rajan Shahi|Amrit Manthan|Amrit|Adaa Khan|New Look
After every three months I get a new 'reel' look: Adaa Khan
Adaa Khan
Telly's pocket Venus Adaa Khan needs little introduction, thanks to her stint as the mean and manipulative Amrit in 'Amrit Manthan' and her various TVC appearances. In real life Adaa exudes vibrancy and warmth. A frequent visitor to Ahmedabad, Adaa is yet another of the small screen stars who found fame almost by "accident". Excerpts from a candid chat:

Ahmedabad rocks
Everytime I'm in Ahmedabad, it is a different experience — be it food, culture, warmth, hospitality — Amdavadis know how to bestow it. And that's the only reason I keep visiting this city whenever I get a chance. I love the vibrancy of Ahmedabad. And it has been a case that I come with one handbag and always return back with goodies and gifts from the people here.

Role Play
I'm lucky to be playing a reel role that has so many shades in Amrit Manthan. Almost every two-three months I get a New Look, costumes and new shades to the character. Earlier, my character had become too negative and I was not too comfortable doing it. When my producerRajan Shahi told me that my role will turn from negative to positive, it was only then that I got convinced. The audience can see how my character is slowly turning positive in the current track.

It all ad(d)s up
I started my career as a model. What started off for fun led to a slew of TV commercials. Till date I enjoy doing TVCs a lot — it is just one or two days' work and for that I get paid handsomely, plus get noticed. I don't plan much about the kind of work that I do. I have no set plans about the kind of project I want to take up next, so I can't comment on anything that will happen in the future.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Divan.Pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
wow positive character... hopefully sometime soon 😒
IamAditya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
TFS !! WoW you are so quick to post this here @Armu4eva...The article just appeared some 20min ago in TOI site
--Saina-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
naina taras raha hai amrit ko positive dekhne ke liye...wonder when that day would be ...

TFS ..
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Adaa looks beautiful in all types of costumes..

TFS
AkaSha_Rocks thumbnail
Very nic article.Thanks to you for sharing.Adaa Roxxx