Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Episode 234 Discussion: 1st April 2013

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 234 Discussion: 1st April 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 
  5. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  6. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Episode 234 Discussion - EOD Summary

It is Sultan's wife's Death Anniversary...Its Day of Holika-Dahan.

Events of the episode
  1. Sultan has a dream, a memory of a woman screaming with screeching car tyres sounds. Sultan wakes up all in sweat. It is Sultan's wife. Sultan gets up and goes to watch Aryan, who is sleeping peacefully. Next morning, early in the dawn, Sultan, Aryan and kaaka are going out with Pooja ki Thaal. We are shown them approaching a temple where a priest is already waiting with all preparations for the pooja. We are shown that pooja is the shraadh ceremony for Sultan's wife. When during the ceremony karpur is needed, Sultan makes Aryan get it for him. This is basically him showing to Aryan and us that he is treating his son like any other normal kid, making them participate in pooja/task. Although Kaaka feels bad, but Ayran doing it with Pandit being indifferent was good to watch.
  2. When they return, they see that Police is on patrol at the Chawl and asking people some questions. Sultan hides with Aryan and Kaaka. Madhu is overly concerned and tries to warn kaaka on his cell upon finding that they are not in the apt. Sultandoes not pick up the phone, chides Kaaka for giving his number to Madhu and switches off the cell phone, and tells him that he will get him a new SIM number. When Police leave, they enter the chawl compound. Madhu follows them, keeps asking them where they were, why they were not picking up the phone, until Sultan silences her that he need not answer her and when Aryan asks her not to get angry informing that they were busy in shraadh pooja of his mother.
  3. Towards the evening, Madhu invites kaaka to pooja, indirectly asking Sultan to send Aryan for pooja. Sultan agrees, asks Aryan to change his dress. He watches the pooja from afar, watches Madhu and Aryan together, remembers his wife, how she liked Holi with herself being full of spirit with all vibrant colors. At the end of Pooja, while taking Aryan from Madhu, Sultan shares about all of this to Madhu and the reason why he is in India now...he had come back to India to show Aryan Holi as his wife liked Holi.
  4. Bhujang some how miraculously made his men trace the "Shraadh" Pandit on Holika Dahan day, gets the information that Sultan was there to perform Shraadh Pooja. Towards night his men also collect the information that Sultan is hiding in Dada Saheb Phalke Chawl. They plan to end him on Holi day.
  5. Rishabh Kundra is back to Mumbai from US. 

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - Angeena, Charu, ennishet, Soundarya22
Page 3 - anastasia21, Soundarya22
Page 4 - river123, pnars
Page 9 - i-me-myself, SD
Page 12 - SD

Madhu's current portrayal in the story
Page 4 - apolloartemis
Page 5 - CHAKKU_DAAYAN, charu
Page 6 - cardio21
Page 7 - desait, pnars, Vipisa, cardio21
Page 8 - cardio21, Charu
Page 9 - zoya_naziya, apolloartemis, SD
Page 10 - SD, apolloartemis, Nishi.Singh, MarathiMulgi, dramacrazy12, armummy
Page 11 - anastasia21, SD,

MM's Fun Corner 
Holi hai bhai holi hai, RK aur Madhu ki toli hai
Rangon ka hai yeh thyohar, ude rangon ki bauchhar
RK soche ki Madhu ke saath khele unki pehli Holi
lekin thanks to Aryan, lagta hai ki Madhu  ab Sultan ki Ho li
Khoon ka rang lekar holi khelne aa raha hai Bhujang
dekhne yeh nautanki Darshakon aao Colors ke Saang

Also a poem on Page 8
Aao RK aao, darsan dilao, tanik hamar mann ki pyaas buzao
Apni  yeh nadan Chaudharain ka dimag thikane le aao
 Apni luv ishtory sasure Sultan aur Bhujang ki quaid se chhudao
Aao RK aao   ||1||

Nahi dekh sakat hum tohar ex-biwi ka yeh naya pagalpan
saanz savere uski ab hai sirf ek hi dhun - Aryan, Aryan
Khao ab taras tum hum dharshakon ki shikayaton per
Aao RK aao ||2||

Nahi janat hum kaise hoga yeh kaarya ab safal aur sumangal
bas ek hi binati hai tohar bituwa, rakhiyo hamar Madhu ko kushal
AAo RK aao  ||3||

Zorica's Posters

pnars - how blindingly jarring our RK Bhai's purple jacket was even in that insanely coloured house.

Other freezes for the day from the episode  - by SD

pnars - what a good parent Sultan is. If I were Aryan's parent, I would do the same - treat him like a normal boy and expect him to fetch and carry for the parent. Kudos, Sultan!

SD - Sultan treating his son like any other normal kid, making them participate in pooja/task. Although Kaaka feels bad, but Ayran doing it with Pandit being indifferent was good to watch. πŸ˜Š

This content was originally posted by: 0-SD-0

The PH cinematography or the DP has a liking for shooting scenes from corners, holes...like from the chair, tyre etc.

Syl's Pictorial Commentary - The Ring Leader

This content was originally posted by: undisclosed

One is like thunder ...the other like flame...and both our Hero...has managed to tame...

This circus is full...of colorful acts...and it is her ring...those are the facts...

Soon both thunder ...and flame will collide...and thunder no longer...will be able to hide...

Around Hero the ring leader...revolve they will all...as the stage is all set...for the final call...

(it looks like we are heading towards the final battle between all...they are all going to meet in the chawl)

SD (to explain; for the uninitiated ones into the episode)
Thunder=Sultan
Flame = RK
Hero = Madhu
Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sultan's wife died either in the car accident or due a fatal injury caused by it which Sultan blames himself for as he was the driver. Just a thought .. was Aryan's disability caused by the accident? Hence, Sultan's uncontrollable rage whenever it is brought up.

A havan for his Sultan's dead wife .. A look of reproach by Niranjan Kaka .. And the police why were they in the chawl?  No reason given yet. Madhu kept calling Sultan, who kept cutting her call, she goes after them for not picking up 

But I don't get this .. After chiding Aryan for talking too much, he went and spoke about his wife to Madhu. Sultan was thinking of Aryan and his wife, maybe imagining her in Madhu's place.. Or maybe I'm just deluding myself .. He was thinking of how happy Aryan if with Madhu and how he should keep her as Aryan's mother .. πŸ€’ Ah, Holi hai, bura nahin manna chahiye. And now he will come play Holi just for her. 

RK is back in Mumbai, meaning he wasn't in yesterday's episode.

What is so special about Sultan's blue eyes?  Everyone recognizes him just by asking that one question. The Pandit singing praises for Sultan. And Sri Sri Bhujang Maharaj πŸ‘ As expected he plans to make his entry on Holi.

The precap was just  Koob jameygen Holi ke rang, jab mil baytenge 3 yaar, RK, Bhujang aur Sultan!
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Today is 1st April and today is monday..a new day of a new month...and what a start.. SHRADH β˜―️ 

and the whooole of the episode was dedicated to Bhai and Madhu..πŸ₯±

πŸ˜›

Bhujang..that was QUICK MAN ! caught the pandit..traced Sultan in the chawl ! and he's attacking on holi..Soundarya you were right πŸ‘ Gabbar Singh holi hone wali hai πŸ˜² he was a refreshing change today from the otherwise dull episode...liked his pure hindi dialogues...

precap 

"main chawl ki chowkidaar ko rang lagane jaa raha hoon" πŸ€£ aapki bahu ki lat lag gayi hai mujhe.😲.Madhu aur meri pehli holi  he admitted in front of Radha and Bittuji ke he will be showing his pagalpan for Madhu openly  and now they should decide what they want...they are supposed to be happy or shocked or worried..i could not guess their reaction πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ₯±

I'll  have to admit that although I Iike Sultan and his no nonsense attitude, his scenes with Madhu puts me off πŸ₯± they look so forced..Madhu is always barging in..protecting them as if they are her own family...giving explanations , sorries, thank yous ..ufff !! Sultan bhai pehle refused to give any explanation, and refused to divulge his past, then he himself told Madhu..toh it's confirmed ke auntyji is dead πŸ˜”...and how does it matter to Madhu ke he plays holi or not??? sachai, achai aur pyar ka gyan dena zaroori hai?πŸ₯±

ETA Mumbai police making an appearance today πŸ‘ they reminded us ke  they exist !! πŸ˜²πŸ‘
now who will color Madhu first? Baby Aryan or Baby RK? Bhujang and gang , plz engage Sultan bhai for a while..
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
Angeena thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _charu_

precap 

"main chawl ki chowkidaar ko rang lagane jaa raha hoon" πŸ€£ aapki bahu ki lat lag gayi hai mujhe.😲.Madhu aur meri pehli holi  he admitted in front of Radha and Bittuji ke he will be showing his pagalpan for Madhu openly  and now they should decide what they want...they are supposed to be happy or shocked or worried..i could not guess their reaction πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ₯±

I'll  have to admit that although I Iike Sultan and his no nonsense attitude, his scenes with Madhu puts me off πŸ₯± they look so forced..Madhu is always barging in..protecting them as if they are her own family...giving explanations , sorries, thank yous ..ufff !! Sultan bhai pehle refused to give any explanation, and refused to divulge his past, then he himself told Madhu..toh it's confirmed ke auntyji is dead πŸ˜”...and how does it matter to Madhu ke he plays holi or not??? sachai, achai aur pyar ka gyan dena zaroori hai?πŸ₯±

@bold
I think it is a mixture of all three .. 
Happy - he is going after Madhu 
Shocked - 2 days outdoor shoot and now he knows ke he should go after Madhu πŸ˜² Wow! Kya speed hai!
Worried - what will actually happen because  despite everyone's best intentions some argument all happens.

I agree with you about Sultan. Without Madhu there, he is good.

Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
ennishet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Why did Madhu invite Sultan to play Holi the next day? She should have been happy playing and celebrating with Aryan. She's opening the Pandora's Box if RK sees her enjoying the festival with Sultan. Today's episode implied that Sultan's wife died in an accident, not sure if they meant around Holi. The way Sultan looked at Madhu when she was sitting with Aryan on her lap was discomfiting. Did anyone find it odd? I've been saying there is nothing romantic between them but today that scene made me uncomfortable.

Bhujang is back and he has found Sultan's hideout. I think we're in for a repeat of the Sholay act - this time it will be the Holi sequence where Bhujang will enter and possibly hurt someone, maybe Madhu.

The precap was the most interesting:
RK saying Madhu ki aur meri pehli holi hai, isliye mai use rang lagana chahta hu.
Radhaji asking par kyu Rishu?
RK replies 'kyunki mujhe aapki bahu ki lat lag gayi hai'.

Angeena thumbnail
Double post. Sorry. Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
hansa22 thumbnail

Though I've heard this song many times on the radio, and liked it, it is a nice, peppy number, I had to look up the meaning of Lat Lag gayi...and I was thrilled..πŸ˜ƒ

Enjoy this song while  remembering to write the review of today's episode, not the precapπŸ˜†

Beimaan, Dil bada be-imaan
Unreliable or dishonest, heart is very unreliable or dishonest 

Hota nahi aasaan isey hai samjhana
It is not very easy to make him understand 

Beimaan, Dil bada be-imaan
Unreliable or dishonest, heart is very unreliable or dishonest 

Tere liye shaitan Meri naa ek maana
Heart is very crazy for you and did not listen to me at all 

Dil jeete yaa main jeetu
Whether heart wins or I win

Dekhungi dekhega tu
We both will see 

Lo dil se sharat lag gaye
See now I betted with the heart 

Mujhe tto teri lat lag gayi, lag gayi
I am addicted to you 

Zamaana kahe lat yeh ghalat lag gayi
World is saying that this addiction, habit is not right
Mujhe tto teri lat lag gayi, lag gayi
I am addicted to you 
Zamaana kahe lat yeh galat lag gayi
World is saying that this addiction, habit is not right
Mujhe to teri aa aa aa aah yeah
Aaa aa aa aah yeah
Aahh aah aa aa Lat lag gayi
Mujhe toh teri aa aah aa aa yeh

Roku jitna utni bagawat ho
More I stop it more opposition rebellion I face
Lagta hai aisa haal-e-dil ki tum zaroorat ho 
I feel that you are the requirement of heart
Roku jitna utni bagawat ho
More I stop it more opposition rebellion I face
Lagta hai aisa haal-e-dil ki tum zaroorat ho 
I feel that you are the requirement of heart
Mujhko bhi tu zaroori
You are important to me also
Tu bhi nashein main poori
You are also fully intoxicated
O kaisi yeh talab lag gayi
Oh what kind of habit addiction I am having

Edited by Soundarya22 - 11 years ago
ennishet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Edited by ennishet - 11 years ago
amrithas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

One "lat lag gayi hain" from RK in the precap and everyone is more interested in it, than the whole episode, me including! Evident as to whose "lat lag gayi " humein!
Edited by amrithas - 11 years ago