Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 2:01pm | IP Logged

In a crowd of hundreds dressed in sequin, my eyes searched for her essence. A hint of her satin touch, the subdued vanilla scent or those all powerful Hogwarts glasses, a glance at her silky sandalwood hair would be enough today. The nearness of an other woman was overbearing. Her skin clinging on to mine made me slip deeper into self-loathing. Why did I leave the love of my life for a stranger? Why was I cozying up to a nobody when she could only watch from afar someone else take over her rightful place?

"Who is she?"

I heard my fiance hiss a jealous whisper to her self-proclaimed best friend.

"I told you, no one dressed better than me is allowed inside my engagement party".

My would-be bride was known for her short temper. She had posted a clear set of instructions on the wedding invitation card stating no one wear red or gold as those were exclusive colours for the bride. Even a subset of designers were booked off for her friends. I found her demands ridiculous but, that was the least of my problems. My real love was slipping away from my hands like sand dust.

"Congratulations RK", her unsuspecting father greeted me. She had not whispered a word to her family about our long going affair only because I had requested we keep this our secret. I knew she was overcome with regret when I invited her to a sudden engagement. It was not even the news that was insulting, it was the way I told her about Deepali. I called a damn press conference. She did not have the chance to breathe, grief or let out her sorrows in private. She was pushed in to prepare for the wedding. I left her with no choice. As my public relations manager, her professional responsibilities took over her personal cries.

I suspected she would be checking up on the lighting so, I created a mini accident with the stage limelight to have her come and save the day. And, she came dressed in a brown lehnga. The subtle details of her full skirt pulled all eyes up to the narrow ringlet of a waist. The mustard duppatta left much to my imagination and I dreamed it all in the two minutes it took her to change the fixture.

"All done", she told the bride.

Her eye shimmered like sparkling wine, there were tears pleading to come out. But, she won't let them. Not in front of me, not after what I did.

My eyeballs gestured toward the back door, she straightened her wrinkled blouse and followed me outside.

"I know you want the movie. You are my employer before my lover. If this is a career changing decision for you then, I do not blame you. I will continue with my duties as your manager".

I could hear the whys ringing in my head. I could taste my betrayal in the air.

"Let us elope", I spoke from my heart, not knowing where I was taking her.

Only that I could not go through with a sham of a wedding.

"No", she shrugged my hand off her shoulder and ran back in to the celebrations of a looming disaster.

"Why?" my eyes reasoned with hers.

"I don't want to be your hush hush woman. I don't want to be the other girl".

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

swati2011simran2608illusion12svirenlathaauAngel.KhushiDazlingdivyaqueenie11Nian4lifeDDkimezelja89didlrrdave1vaani21sonali_22kendraaksuji..Enigma..VsoujanyaShazziedrashmeet12RuthlessQueen..Adeeba..zariya123Desire6Tanmaya1KissTheSkyCurryMonstaNeha10--Udhay--tabby999MuneebaSheikhHaymurS

CurryMonsta IF-Rockerz
CurryMonsta
CurryMonsta

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Cry ek aur sad story can they be together in part 2 of the os where rk formally marries madhu and rejects deepaliLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DonnaHarvey

DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shmurr

Cry ek aur sad story can they be together in part 2 of the os where rk formally marries madhu and rejects deepaliLOL
I am sorry for being soggy & depressed. Exam season and back pains are not a good combination.

..Adeeba..

RuthlessQueen IF-Dazzler
RuthlessQueen
RuthlessQueen

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Awww wth is RK doing? Poor Madhu. She's a brave girl to come to the engagement party of the man she loves. Poor thing!

That's it? Cry Now I'm getting into Deepak-mode! This is short! Cry Okay I'm kidding. No I'm not! It's short, but it was great! I guess you have to leave it like that with no happy ending coz otherwise there would be 'No taste of betrayal'.

Wonderful OS Dona! Beautifully written! Heart I'll imagine my own happy ending for them! Big smile

P.S - If you write a sequel I'll be more than happy to read! Embarrassed Good luck with your exams! 

Edited by RuthlessQueen - 30 March 2013 at 11:16pm

DonnaHarvey

DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RuthlessQueen

Awww wth is RK doing? Poor Madhu. She's a brave girl to come to the engagement party of the man she loves. Poor thing!
Giving in to societal pressure or the career raceOuch
That's it? Cry Now I'm getting into Deepak-mode! 
Deepak modeROFL bud, look what Miles' sayin'
This is short! Cry Okay I'm kidding. No I'm not! It's short, but it was great! I guess you have to leave it like that with no happy ending coz otherwise there would be 'No taste of betrayal'.
You answer yourself far too often for me to be surprisedLOL Spot onSmile
Wonderful OS Dona! Beautifully written! Heart I'll imagine my own happy ending for them! Big smile
Good, you for it! Imperial Affliction lessons I will never forget. ps. a reference because I am cool like that.Wink
P.S - If you write a sequel I'll be more than happy to read! Embarrassed Good luck with your exams! 
thank you very much. I need the luck. overcome with weird arm aches from typing all night???? going to pop some tylenol and go to sleep. my arms really hurt.OuchDead

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RuthlessQueen..Adeeba..

..Adeeba.. IF-Dazzler
..Adeeba..
..Adeeba..

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 1:30am | IP Logged
again an OS reflecting how the things exist in the society.
it is surely a big luck if u get to live with the person whom u love.
parents pressure!!!, the fact which surely occur in every decision of life, whether it deals with career or choosing his/her life partner.

madhu facing the betrayal from her lover/boss. she worked as PR manager, and fall for her boss.

she must have felt very bad how he declared about his wedding through a press conference.

"eloping" the first and the foremost decision of youngsters but it is mostly wrong.
they can firstly talk to their parents, make them understand about ur feeling, ur love, ur decisions, eloping is always the last the very last option which should be avoided but i m not against it, but it seldom leads to happiness.

madhu's decision was really normal, and considerable, eloping with ur boss who is just marrying another girl, her image will surely destroyed by this step, and the consequences are unknown.

i will never tell u to change the end, its perfect.

really nice OS. 

DonnaHarvey

DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adeeba21

again an OS reflecting how the things exist in the society.
it is surely a big luck if u get to live with the person whom u love.
parents pressure!!!, the fact which surely occur in every decision of life, whether it deals with career or choosing his/her life partner.
sounded like it was a mix of career changing temptation + societal pressure but again, open to interpretation
madhu facing the betrayal from her lover/boss. she worked as PR manager, and fall for her boss. she must have felt very bad how he declared about his wedding through a press conference.
keep work & pleasure separate; easier said than done for professions where you care for one person your entire workday
"eloping" the first and the foremost decision of youngsters but it is mostly wrong.
they can firstly talk to their parents, make them understand about ur feeling, ur love, ur decisions, eloping is always the last the very last option which should be avoided but i m not against it, but it seldom leads to happiness.
you eventually have to come back. even if you leave the family, what about your job? only good when you cannot afford a wedding but want to get married anyways (filmy/old hollywood)LOL
madhu's decision was really normal, and considerable, eloping with ur boss who is just marrying another girl, her image will surely destroyed by this step, and the consequences are unknown. i will never tell u to change the end, its perfect.
really nice OS. 
open end, if you want their affair to end here then it does. if you want them to marry then, they do. your imagination, like your life, is what you make of itWink wise words by Shree Shree 108 Sant Dona Ji
ps. that was a brilliant dialogue by RK in the showLOL

..Adeeba..

..Adeeba.. IF-Dazzler
..Adeeba..
..Adeeba..

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iiDona

sounded like it was a mix of career changing temptation + societal pressure but again, open to interpretation
yes it was.

keep work & pleasure separate; easier said than done for professions where you care for one person your entire workday
ur wise words, but can never be possible always.

you eventually have to come back. even if you leave the family, what about your job? only good when you cannot afford a wedding but want to get married anyways (filmy/old hollywood)LOL
new start can never be possible, and a working ones never had a plan of eloping, if they care about their job and future, and hai laute ke budhhu hamesha ghar ko aata haiROFL

open end, if you want their affair to end here then it does. if you want them to marry then, they do. your imagination, like your life, is what you make of itWink 
don't worry my dimag ke ghodo in full speedLOL

wise words by Shree Shree 108 Sant Dona Ji
ROFL
ps. that was a brilliant dialogue by RK in the showLOL
yeh kab bola, i don't remember it.
[/QUOTE]

DonnaHarvey

Go to top