Comedy shows are not my cup of tea:Pallavi Purohit

PRAGD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Pallavi Purohit

A page from the personal diary of Pallavi Purohit

Hello everyone, this is Pallavi Purohit aka Padmini of Madhubala… Ek Ishq Ek Junoon on Colors.

Today, I am here to brief something about myself and tell you how acting happened to me.

Born in Kerala, I was brought up in Karnataka where I pursued my education. In the South, education is given the utmost importance and for me, I was left with only two options either to pursue my career in medicine or engineering. But, I had some other plans etched for myself.

After completing my studies in Hotel Management, I went for my internship in Bangalore. While doing internship, I came to the conclusion that I was not made for being in the kitchen and made up my mind that I did not see myself in the future in that space. In the process, I had to first fight for my dreams with my family who got influenced easily after seeing my passion and hard work.

Later, after coming to Mumbai to fulfill my dreams, I started sending my pictures to different production houses. Slowly and steadily, I started growing with the changes happening around me.

Initially, I had a very bad dressing sense but with the passage of time, I improved on it a lot. I was even very bad at speaking Hindi because I had the Malayalam texture mixed with it. So, I pursued Hindi speaking classes from Juhu, Mumbai and tried to imbibe the essence of Hindi culture in me.

I have always been very confident with my acting skills and it grew every single day because, for me, every day is a new day so much so that before going to bed, I make sure that I learn something new.

I have also been lucky in the TRP space. Earlier, I used to work for shows that garnered 1 and 2 TVR, but today I work for Madhubala, that has garnered
3.3 TVR last week and is currently the second top rated show on Colors. For me, success came along with time even though I play a mother in the show. But the quality of the character gives me more pride and honour.

For me, switching on and off from the character I play doesn't really happen easily because I always try to get into the feel of it and try to understand every bit of it. I make sure that I don't really have to use glycerin because a writer writes every word with his emotion in it, we as artistes, should not ruin the same by not understanding the feel of it and just take it as a piece of paper.

I always prefer doing human centric roles like the one played by Vidya Balan in The Dirty Picture. For me, good opportunities are the ones that come with quality roles and I make sure that I give my 200 per cent where I get to explore myself a lot. One thing, comedy shows are not my cup of tea because I am too serious a person to handle comedy dialogues.

Well, this is me your Padmini aka Pallavi Purohit, who lives life on her terms and will continue to do the same, taking your leave for now. I will try to meet you'll up very soon.