Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
seriously  bv dekhte samay mera in baaton mein dhyan hi nahi gaya
JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yash.Pal

Two or three things surprise me as far as food in BV is concerned:

a) they eat so much fried food, bhajiyas etc and Parathas; is that the norm in Rajasthan?
b) At least I thought Shiv would be different, after his training in the Academy etc, would be more sort of cereal, egg whites and toast type?
c) There is never any non Veg items, but the many Rajasthani residents I know eat meat;
d)  Do people really eat so much Halwa generally, that also all made in ghee and sugar?  I feel ill just by looking at it  😆

BTW Jagya hasn't eaten Singri sabji for a while, BV devoted a few episodes on that vegetable !! 😆

@Yash

I am not sure, but I think a lot of North Indian vegetarians eat deep fried food using besan, but they also eat a lot of healthy food like dahi, menthi roti, and other veggie-stuffed rotis, rice, rajma, daal etc.  Among Rajasthanis, Marwaris (and Jains) are strict vegetarians.  Not sure about others.

What is Singri Sabji? I can't recollect very well Jagiya liking it...they hardly show Jagiya eating.  Thank goodness, that's why Shashank looks lean and trim.

Well Sid! Red Alert! Time to cut down your diet, start jogging, change your food habbits and lifestyle man!  We prefer your lean and trim look 😉
Yash.Pal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JuhiRockz

@Yash

I am not sure, but I think a lot of North Indian vegetarians eat deep fried food using besan, but they also eat a lot of healthy food like dahi, menthi roti, and other veggie-stuffed rotis, rice, rajma, daal etc.  Among Rajasthanis, Marwaris (and Jains) are strict vegetarians.  Not sure about others.

What is Singri Sabji? I can't recollect very well Jagiya liking it...they hardly show Jagiya eating.  Thank goodness, that's why Shashank looks lean and trim.

Well Sid! Red Alert! Time to cut down your diet, start jogging, change your food habbits and lifestyle man!  We prefer your lean and trim look 😉

Hi Juhi,

Nice to hear from you.  Yeah Sid is looking big right now, he needs to do a Dr Atkin's diet 😆 and jog like he used to 😆

Yes, I am familiar with Marwari food, they do eat puris a lot, but their methi parathas are light, their chutneys and pickles are great.  Modern Marwaris eat phulkas and vegetables with not much oil, but they also eat bakes and pasta.   Sangri is a seasonal beans type vegetable very popular  in Jaisalmer region, I have never had it, but I hear it is a specialty !! And Jagya's favorite.
😆

JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yash.Pal

Hi Juhi,

Nice to hear from you.  Yeah Sid is looking big right now, he needs to do a Dr Atkin's diet 😆 and jog like he used to 😆

Yes, I am familiar with Marwari food, they do eat puris a lot, but their methi parathas are light, their chutneys and pickles are great.  Modern Marwaris eat phulkas and vegetables with not much oil, but they also eat bakes and pasta.   Sangri is a seasonal beans type vegetable very popular  in Jaisalmer region, I have never had it, but I hear it is a specialty !! And Jagya's favorite.
😆

hey Yash,

Got a little behind in catching up with the episodes and the post.  Saw the Sangri beans episode this week.  Now I understand it.  Hey, I had no ideas modern Marwaris bake (cakes bread may be?) and make pasta! Wow! that's a change for sure.  thanks for enlightening me.

See ya round in the Forum! take care!
Edited by JuhiRockz - 11 years ago
nolla thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Well Yash, 

My darling Sid, looked slimmer & younger these last 3 days. I think he is back to the gym. And he looks quieter & less mischievous than b4.
divine_ram thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nolla

Well Yash, 

My darling Sid, looked slimmer & younger these last 3 days. I think he is back to the gym. And he looks quieter & less mischievous than b4.

He does look slimmer and younger from last few days. Sid is not fat he just likes to try different looks and he himself told in an interview. He tried bulky look and has put on weight. Sid your good in slimmer and trim look. Get back to your original look when you started BV show.
nolla thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sheetsden

He does look slimmer and younger from last few days. Sid is not fat he just likes to try different looks and he himself told in an interview. He tried bulky look and has put on weight. Sid your good in slimmer and trim look. Get back to your original look when you started BV show.

Looks like he is on the way there, now days.😉 Our encouragements!👍🏼 to you Siddhart.