the difference between elite and good direction

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
The difference between the elite direction and good direction is the difference between SC and other good shows. Thanks to SLB.. the elite director. 

Here, the actor like Gautam, who was not even on the radar, reaches the epic proportions...
Here, the actress like Jenny, who was etched in mind as Dr R, is so KUMUD, that Dr R seems like somebody from a different land...
Here, the story, which is a published novel from yester-era, keeps gen X, Y and Z glued to TV..

I always believed that a play / serial / movie based on a good classic novel has much more to offer than the plots that change at the whim of the TRP... if...and only if... the director is good.  Otherwise, a good novel like Muktibandhan is wasted in a TV serial. 

Salute to SLB for bringing this gem out of classic Gujrathi literature and presenting it to us, Gujrathis and non-Gujrathis, with his elite touch.   I don't know how active SLB is in SC direction, but his influence clearly shows, and I hope it stays that way...
I so agree with you...I am so glad that SLB brought such a soulful story to us, including people like me who had no idea about the novel.
Originally posted by Thesaurus

superb post...👏

Thank you.  Let's keep the fingers crossed for the 2000 episodes.
Originally posted by Sanju_

I so agree with you...I am so glad that SLB brought such a soulful story to us, including people like me who had no idea about the novel.

Same here... And now I would really like to get my hands on a good English translation of SC.  If there isn't any, then I hope someone gets inspired to do one.
Very true! The team effort is showing in each frame, shot, dialogue, camera angle, bg score, music.The show is not relying on leads but a very solid script backed by very rehearsed performances.. Its like watching theatre..editing is so crisp that I never feel like forwarding any scene.. If it was just for the leads I think would have had the urge to forward some scenes like I have been doing in the past.. But in case of SC, all scenes are so good and so pivotal for the entire narration that I watch from start to finish.. Excellent narration..Kudos to SLB for visualising this project and bringing it out so beautifully onscreen..
Originally posted by koham

Same here... And now I would really like to get my hands on a good English translation of SC.  If there isn't any, then I hope someone gets inspired to do one.
there is the English translation of the novel, I haven't got a hold of it, but I know people who are watching this show have bought the English translation of the novel
nice post and agree with you.. the SLB's creatings are amazing... I started watching this show when I came to know that its SLB's .. it has his magic in his show.. and now watching for Samud's chemistry and SLB