Frequent Posters

sudhalata1 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
intresting start and loved it...pls update and please PM me
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: inajnar

Me tooo...I am Ranjani btw ..and I am simply ecstatic  to  see good ol' south featuring in Arhi stories...

Hi Ranjani... yep, Arshi are universal - "vasudevakutumbakam" πŸ˜Š  no south north differences here.
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Note to Readers:  Thank you for your wonderful comments & PMs.  Let us see what happens next with Nandu and his Maya

Serendipity

Part 5

Phool Khilte Hain, Bahaaron Ka Sama Hota Hai

The flowers bloom. It is the season of Spring.

Aise Mausam Mein Hi To, Pyar Jawaan Hota Hai

In this season itself, love also blooms

Dil Ki Baaton Ko, Hothon Se Nahin Kehte

The matters of the heart are not spoken by the lips.

Yeh Fasaana To, Nigaahon Se Bayaan Hota Hai

These romantic tales are declared by the eyes.

~ Lyrics of 'Iss Dewane Ladke ko." from Sarfarosh

Humongous Chinese fishing nets swaying in the wind and shimmering against the golden rays of the sun greeted NK and Maya along the sea side of Fort Kochi beach, as they stepped out of their car.  NK fell instantly in love with the beautiful city, its touches of history evident in its architecture that revealed Dutch, English and Portugese influences.  He had his trusty SLR swinging from his neck as he walked through the lanes his fingers loosely intertwined with Maya's.  There were a large number of tourists as well as locals and NK felt at home with the teaming mix of people of eclectic nationality around him.  

"How do you even walk in those things?"  He exclaimed looking at the high heeled wedges that Maya wore as she walked around town with him?  "Not that I am complaining, they make your legs look gorgeous" he added with a wink.  

"Aaah! The woes we women bear in the name of fashion and good looks'." drawled Maya dramatically, grinning back at him.

Maya was a fount of information as she guided 'Nandu' as she had decided to call him, through the obvious tourist locations as well as the more offbeat and quaint spots of the city.  Her love for her land and culture evident in every word she spoke and in her glowing face as she showed off the best features of her land proudly.  In fact, at one point they had a small group of tourists following them and hanging out with them mesmerized by Maya's narration and the stories she related, much to NK's amusement.  

NK absorbed the onslaught of colors and smells as he clicked a few hundred photographs during the course of his excursion.  He smiled satisfactorily at some of the fantastic shots he had taken of the Dutch inspired houses, the Fort itself, the beach with its sandy shores and the distant skyline dotted with tall buildings.

He turned around to see Maya semi kneeling down to answer a six year old English girl's question.  Maya was absolutely unaware of the striking picture she made with her gorgeous mass of curly hair blowing around in the gentle breeze, and the hot pink dress that she wore fluttering around her calves as her lips curved in a smile; the earnestness on her face as she replied to the girl reflecting her love for children.  NK's shutter closed in quick successions capturing her various expressions.  

"Come on Maya, mujhe bhook lag rahi hai, choohe dance kar rahe hain mere stomach mein" he called out. (I am starving and it feels as if a horde of rats are tap dancing in my stomach.)  

Maya skipped over to him "Let's go, I know of a quaint little place closer to the ocean, which serves the most amazing food and their coffee is the best".  

NK wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they walked towards the restaurant totally engrossed in each other, unaware of what an attractive pair the two of them made, and the number of envious glances they got from passersby.

"Waise, Miss General Manager your choices are not bad.  You seem to know a thing or two about food and hotels" said NK with a wink.  

"Be right back Nandu" I know the management here, and want to say hello to them before we settle down.  We take care of our own kind you know" she winked back as she glided away.  

NK leaned against the vacant bar which would no doubt be teeming in the evenings as he looked around, when he felt a hand settle on his shoulders with a cheery "Yo mate! How goes it?"  NK whipped his head around and his face broke into a huge smile as he stared at his buddy Ryan from back home in Sydney, and took in his face tanned from the Indian sun and the huge grin splitting across his ruggedly handsome face.  "Yo Ryan! Good to see you.  You embarked on your tour of India after all" replied NK as they both exchanged a manly hug and fell into companionable conversation, catching each other up on their activities.

Ryan let out a low wolf whistle and exclaimed "Check out Miss gorgeously exotic legs over there."

NK whirled his head around in the direction of Ryan's gaze and instantly lost his smile.  His hands balled as an unfamiliar monster reared its ugly head in his gut threatening to tear his insides to shreds.  His eyes glittered with territorial anger as he looked at the open interest in Ryan's face as his continued to stare at 'his Maya', totally unaware of the murderous look he was giving him.  

Memory flashes of Arnav's face during Akash's haldi when he had caught NK staring at Khushiji flashed in NK's mind and he instantly forgave his Nannav as he felt a sudden strong empathy towards his cousin in that moment.  As NK was debating what would be the best course of action, punching Ryan's handsome face to pulp or bodily throwing him off, Maya turned, waved and walked towards them.  NK's feet automatically led him to meet her half way.  He put his arm around her waist possessively and pulled her closer to him as he walked her over to where his friend stood, "Ryan, meet my girlfriend Maya'. Maya this is Ryan a friend from Sydney, who was just about to leave" he added.  

Ryan greeted Maya politely, gave NK an apologetic look and blurting a feeble" see you around Mate" disappeared from the scene.

Maya smiled sweetly at Ryan, as she gently stroked NK's back to soothe him.  She had caught a fleeting glimpse of Nandu's face before he had masked it with a genial expression and could still feel the palpable tension emanating from his body.  Instinct prompted her to maintain silence at the possessive crush of his fingers at her waist and his remark of 'my girlfriend ', while feminine vanity shot a thrill through her heart at the words and deed.

As they worked through their delicious lunch they fell back into their friendly conversation exchanging playful digs at each other.  The day wore off rapidly as time seemed to have speeded up suddenly to their dismay.  NK and Maya made their way towards the beach to watch the sunset over the ocean.  Maya could feel some of the self-conscious awareness from last night returning back.  

She peeked at his face covertly from under fringed lashes and felt her heart picking up speed at how handsome he looked, in his dark shades and white T-shirt; windblown hair lending him a boyish air.  "Wanna Race Nandu?" challenged Maya suddenly to break up the tension building inside her, her eyes dancing with mischief at NK and a faint dimple appearing on her cheek.  

"Are you hoping to outrace me in those ridiculous heels?  Baby you are so gonna lose" stated NK gleefully, the next instance they were speeding down the narrow lane that lead to white sandy beaches. 

NK pulled back consciously giving Maya a head start.  As she turned her head to look at him laughing, sensing imminent victory, he closed the gap in a few powerful leaps and grabbing her by the waist hurtled forwards on to the sun warmed sands.  He rolled over, making sure she landed on top of him so he did not crush her with his weight.  They both laughed in glee at the rush brought on by the run and Maya punched him playfully in the chest.  

"Hey, hey, ouch, you hurt me", teased NK as he grabbed her wrists and pulled her down on his chest.  Maya's eyes locked with his and NK lifted his lips to gently brush them against her's once, twice, testing, skimming and teasing.  Maya jolted as she felt electric pulses shoot through her lips at his touch, and pools of light swirled behind her eyes as a gush of heat turned her stomach into jelly. She pushed herself up shakily and brushing the sands away from her clothes settled down next to him.

After a few minutes of silence where both of them stared at the descending sun, Maya covered NK's hand with her own and began in a low and earnest voice, "Nandu, you need to know some things about me, if you were serious about what you told your friend Ryan about us."  

"Are you referring to the part where I introduced you as my girlfriend? Yes Maya! I was dead serious.  I am sure there is no man in your life currently, and if this your opening line to discuss your ex-boyfriends, then let me tell you, I don't need to know, it does not change how I feel about us." Declared NK his face taking on an intense look.

Maya smiled squeezing his hand and said, "Hear me out Nandu.  I am a modern, outgoing girl, educated in Harvard, have travelled the world and have a large circle of male friends.  Are they good friends?  Yes.  Boyfriends? No." 

"A hot intelligent girl like you and no boyfriends?  What's wrong with those guys?" NK exclaimed incredulously, amusement writ large on his face.  

Maya chuckled, "Dear, dear Nandu, here is where the culture shock comes into play.  You have grown up in Sydney and are for all purposes wired to think like a westerner.  I grew up here in touch with my roots and am grounded in the traditions and culture of my land.  I belong to a generation of modern Indian girls who are a curious mixture of modern outlook and traditional sensibilities.  You will need time to deal with me and for us to adjust to each other.  You still have to meet my appa- my dad, get to know him and me better. I really like you a lot NK and want to find out where this will lead us but I do not want to rush into anything..." She finished in a low soft voice her face lifted to her Nandu. 

NK placed his palms on either side of her upturned face, and looked deeply into her eyes that were shining and pouring out the deep tenderness and growing love she had for him in her heart; she was yet to acknowledge and recognize it, let alone put in words.  He released her face to hold her hands.  "That's all I ask Maya.  Let's find out together shall we?" he said pulling her up to her feet.

"Maya my love, your eyes and face speak with greater eloquence than your lips do, and they have just offered me your heart." NK thought smugly drawing her closer to his side as they walked barefoot in the silky white sands on the edge of the water, drinking in the beauty of the gold shot sky as the sun slipped down the waters' edge and the first of the twinkling stars rose over the distant horizon.

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago
inajnar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It was penned so beautifully dear...and the song at the start went just so perfect with your update.

Edited by inajnar - 11 years ago
Drkk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wondrful update. Lovd d bond btwn maya nd nandhu. Possesive nk. Maya ready 2 accept. Wel written.
Cute6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
beautifully written...
and d song at the starting perfect😊😊
SPMom thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow Indu awesome! I am loving this  track more than the original IPKKND or Kushi and Arnav. It has all the romantic touches and  the opening with one the most romantic songs ever was perfect!
Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Loved the song in the beginning, it gave the chapter such a wonderful start.

Just falling in love with your NK and Maya!

Great update.
RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Very well written. I already love Maya. Lets see where it takes us. Thanks for the PM :)
srishti_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful update! It was beautifully written! πŸ‘ You described the beauty of the seas and sands so beautifully! It gave me peace and calm! I'm sure both Maya and NK would make a great couple! NK is very possessive! Finally he would clearly understand what Arnav feels about Khushi, may not to that extent but partially! Aww, that long walk along the beach, the sunset, them running on the beach sand, the kiss, everything was so beautiful! Well I'm excited about what would happen when NK would meet Maya's father! Waiting for your next update! Please update soon! Thank you for the PM! Great work! πŸ˜Š