Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Drkk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
nk wooing maya. Intrstng. D story is leadng. Waitng 4 nxt updateEdited by Drkk - 11 years ago
RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Nice update. Thanks for the pm :)
Cute6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
dis part is seeming to be bit different from previous ones...
vaiting for the story to unfold and the secret😊😊😊
thanx for pm nd update sooon
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just came across this story. Liked it. NK is one of the most adorable characters in the serial. Good, you are wriing his story.
Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I love watching NK woo Maya!!!

Always wanted him to have a love interest. Can't wait to see how next part unfolds. 
mdeshpande thumbnail
Loved this update!!  NK n Maya,  good jodi! poor Buaji...lol   w8t for their romance to unfold !
thnx 4 pm.
srishti_jain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update! It's interesting to see that not only NK is interested in Maya but she also likes him! I would love to read how he successfully woos her and tells about all this to Khushi and the other family members! Wonderfully written update! Please update soon! Thank you so much for the PM! πŸ˜Š πŸ˜Š
inajnar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That was superb !!
and thanks for the PM
SPMom thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very nice story Indu..cant wait to see where it will lead to..:).
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Note to Readers:  Yes, NK is wooing Maya in earnest.  The story unfolds to lead to what NK is up to in the later parts.  For now, let us discover what happens next... 
There is no separate English version, since this version has no Hindi Dialogs.  Enjoy and comment! Thanks are due to my dear Mallu friend the very beautiful  Sunitha :) for permitting me to use her father's name.  This one is for you Sunitha!πŸ€—

Serendipity

Part 4

"Ok Appa!  Yes I'll stay back in my room in the resort for tonight.  Neengo worry pannadingo (Don't you worry).  Ok.  Take care.  Give Soman uncle my regards."  

Maya hung up the phone and looked at the clock.  It was a half past five in the evening.  She had finished signing the last of the papers that needed her attention.  Her dad had just informed her that he was going on an overnight trip with Somasekharan Nair, his best buddy, to provide his opinion on the land that 'Soman', as he affectionately called his friend was planning to buy. Now she had nothing left to do and the evening seemed to stretch ahead of her.  

Maya picked up the bouquet and the daisy idly, as NK's antics sped in her mind.  She smiled as she recalled his attempts to woo her all day.  First the wild flowers, then the daisy, and then he had texted to tell her she looked absolutely beautiful when her eyes blazed in anger while she kept her tone frosty.  Blazing ice princess he had called her.  A soft laughter escaped her throat and she suddenly made up her mind to call Nand Kishore's bluff and meet him at six pm.

She was fastening her earrings, while simultaneously trying to stick her feet in her sandals, and trying to figure out how best to locate NK's room number, when her cell phone rang incessantly.  Her heart racing as she feared it might be her dad, and that something might have happened to him, she answered the call.  

Relief flooded her system to hear the piteous voice of the hospitality manager, Unni Krishnan.  "Yes ma'am, I tried everything, but the guest is inconsolable.  He demands to see you right away.  I did explain to him, that it was off duty hours but he is really not in a mood to listen to any one, please ma'am, we need you".  

"Alright, give me his room number and inform him I'll meet him in 15 minutes" she said.  

"Presidential suite inhabitant or not, this man better have a good reason to have summoned me at this hour, and effectively ruining my evening plans" muttered Maya to herself as she smartly knocked on the door and entered when she heard a terse "come in".

Maya had always loved the design of the presidential suite.  A wall of windows framed with lustrous silk drapes, overlooking the beautiful vista's and Lake Vembanad, plush carpets that muffled one's footsteps, open concept self-contained kitchen for the guests that wanted to try their hand at cooking while on vacation.  Her trained eye took in the soft lighting, the fragrance of Orange blossoms wafting from the candles that were beautifully arranged on the dining table set for two, as she advanced towards the back of the  swivel chair, in which her dissatisfied guest was apparently seated staring at the painting on the wall.  

"Mr. Gohil, you asked to see me?" Maya stated in a pleasant voice, a smile on her lips that quickly died down as the chair spun around revealing the cheerful face of Nand Kishore.  

"Glad you could make it on time Miss Iyer, and may I add that you look drop dead gorgeous in that outfit" said NK getting up to his feet smoothly, his face animated with triumph as he took in Maya's open mouthed amazement.

"You' Mr. Gohil? You are Nand Kishore''Why!  You'." Maya struggled for words as she realized, that NK had tricked her into walking into his suite at exactly six pm. "You are unbelievable" she finished in a huff.  

NK stepped closer to her and taking her hand said, "That's what Nannav says.  Anyway, Maya, I stayed back so I could get to know you better. I thought we had a connection right from the get go.  Won't you stay a while and make my day?"  

Maya relented at the ring of sincerity in his voice and said, "Give me one good reason why?" 

"Besides the fact that I am a handsome, intelligent and single man who is obviously interested in you, it's my Birthday and I am all alone with none but you as the only person I know in this place", replied NK trying on his most wheedling look.  

Maya could not stop her laughter, as she said "You don't fool me with that look.  But yes I will stay only because I had made up my mind to do so an hour ago. And if you had not pulled this prank, may be you would have discovered that I had already decided to say yes to your unorthodox proposal of a date tonight" she finished smiling at NK.  

It was impossible to stay mad at this man she realized.  He was so genuine and fun loving, and walked around wearing his heart on his sleeve.  She felt a little protective surge in her heart.

"So how come your family left you alone on your Birthday?" asked Maya leaning on the counter as she watched him tossing pasta with an expert flick of his hand.  

"Are you kidding me? I thought they would all change their mind and stay back.  Seriously, I did not want to disrupt their plans.  I do need some time alone by myself to explore this part of the country and sort my thoughts out.  My Mom and Dad had called me multiple times throughout the day to wish me as have my Mama, Mamiji, Di and Khushi ji to check if I was doing ok." Replied NK. 

"You are a lucky man Nand Kishore to have such a loving family" said Maya, as they set the dishes laden with food on the table and settled down to eat.  

NK smiled at her formality and said, "call me NK, Maya.  We are well past the formal phase".  

Maya smiled back and quipped "well then I just have to figure out what to call you before the evening is done".  

At her first bite of the main course, Maya closed her eyes and moaned softly, "mmm' Nandu, you sure know what you are doing in the kitchen."  NK thrilled at her compliment and the way she called him Nandu.

Dinner was heavily punctuated with chatter and laughter and more exchange of information about each other.  They discovered that they both shared a love of food, movies - old and new, music and dance.  They both had eclectic taste in music and a large network of friends; both loved to laugh and talk and had an easy going temperament.  Maya's assessment that NK was a trust fund baby with no care in this world was confirmed during the course of the evening.  But she saw something in NK that she suspected most were not aware of.  Underneath the light heartedness, she saw a sincere young man in search of a goal and detected a faint restlessness and insecurity. She heard the clever wit behind his flippant comments, and a keen sense of observation and empathy behind his caring ministrations.  

NK was a charming man; he was every bit a well-educated, well-bred, rich NRI that most girls dreamed of and every mother with a daughter of marriageable age looked to bait for their offspring.  He looked particularly handsome tonight in his navy blue dress shirt and dark wash jeans.

"What's for dessert?" Maya asked as she polished the last of the food off her plate.  

"Hmmm I did not think about that."  Murmured NK.  

"Whaat! We cannot call this a birthday dinner without a cake or at least some sort of dessert.  Do you have any chocolate in this place?" demanded Maya. 

"Chocolate? Of course I do.  I regularly absorb chocolate into my system" replied NK grinning, as he rushed to the fridge eager to please and took out several bars of assorted chocolates.  

"Ok then let's make our own chocolate fondue" Maya declared and proceeded to set a bowl in a larger pan of water to boil on the stove and put the chocolates in the makeshift double boiler to melt evenly.  

"Nandu, can you stir this while I find some fruit", she commanded, gliding over to the refrigerator to retrieve a bowl of apples and berries.  She turned around just as the bowl of chocolate was about to tip over and grabbed NK's hand from behind steadying it. 

As she wrapped her arms around NK her soft body pressing into his back NK stiffened, his eyes darkening, his senses sharpening to her smell, to the soft curves of her body, and her musical voice.  

The last of Kerala's October rains was lashing at the windows in full glory.  NK felt his heart lurch and flip in his chest.  The moment seemed perfect, Maya was perfect with him.  

Maya stopped her chatter as she realized that NK had become suddenly quiet and tense.  She became intensely aware of every hard plane of his muscular back, the strength of the arm that she was holding in her own tiny ones.  Her face heated up and her heart beat resounded in her ears louder than the sound of the pouring rain.  She looked up to see NK's face reflected in the window pane staring at their combined reflection on the window glass.  The image that stared back at her was that of a perfect couple, like they were meant to be together; as if they had been together forever through past lives.  

Maya suddenly let go of NK's hand and switching off the stove backed away.

NK slowly turned and stared at Maya as he attempted to sort through the mayhem of feelings and thoughts rushing through his heart and mind.  He took in her flushed cheeks, her lower lip that was trembling slightly, as she clasped her hands together in a deathly grip.  His gaze travelled the length of the beautiful sleeveless, lemon yellow kameez of her salwar suit that was clinging lovingly to her feminine curves.  Slowly he trailed his fingers along her arms as he stepped closer behind her and whispered a single word, 'Maya' in her ears.  

His breath set off shivers in her body and Maya closed her eyes as she leaned back to rest her head against NK's strong shoulders for a brief moment, needing his strength to support her trembling form.  Time stood still for the two of them.  

Maya was the first to recover, she stepped away from him and with an attempt at flippancy fetched the molten chocolate and bowl of fruits, saying "let's finish eating our dessert before the chocolate hardens again".  NK smiled and decided to let the moment lighten up.

By the time they finished their dessert, NK had convinced Maya to take him sightseeing, starting with the beautiful Fort Kochi beach the next day. "Tomorrow's a Sunday and you do owe me a birthday gift" he argued.  

"Alright you win", smiled Maya as she tweaked his nose playfully, "but for now I need to go".  

NK rose up and hooking her arm through his, he proceeded to walk her to her room.  Maya explained that she had a suite at her disposal in the resort on the first floor where she stayed, when her father took off on one of his travels, or if she was overloaded with work and being on premises made it more efficient.  

"You remind me of Nannav, when you talk of efficiency and your work.  Clearly you love what you do" stated NK as they came to a stop in front of the door leading to Maya's suite. 

"Yes Nandu I do.  Don't you feel the same about what you do?"  

"I am not as lucky as you and Nannav.  I am still soul searching for my direction and an all-consuming sense of purpose" ended NK wryly.  

Maya smiled touching his cheeks, "Nandu, my heart tells me, that you will find it.  And when you do, you are going to amaze yourself as well as everyone around you.  Happy Birthday!"  

"Good night Maya!  See you tomorrow" said NK whirling around and retraced his steps back to his suite.

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago