FF: Serendipity Concluded Epilogue/Pg 20

ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello Dear Readers,
Loved your responses to the teaser.  So here goes...Part 1 of Serendipity.  Please scroll down for the English version.
Thoughts and comments welcome.😊
Here's what  Horace Walpole, who coined the term 'Serendipity' wanted to convey with it:
serendipity  (srn-dp-t)
n. pl. serendipities
1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.
2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.
3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Serendipity
Prologue & Part 1 - Below
Part 2 - Page 4
Part 3 - Page 5
Part 4 - Page 6
Part 5 - Page 8
Part 6 - Page 9
Part 7 - Page 11
Part8 - Page 12
Part 9 - Page 14
Part 10 - Page 15
Part 11 - Page 16
Part 12 - Page 17
Epilogue - Page 20

The difference between velocity and speed is 'Direction'

Prologue

Brij Kishore Gohil, had landed in Sydney twenty-six years back, with just enough money to get by for a month, thanks to the kindness of Manohar Singh Raizada, who had pulled strings to ensure his immigration approval to Australia.  The rest was up to him. Carrying with him the prayers & wishes of his sister-in-law Manorama, his accounting degree and borrowed money, he had set out to build his fortune.  Brij Kishore had not rested till he achieved his goal of heading one of the top fifty Financial Services companies in south east Australia. 

He made a silent promise every night to himself as he kissed his infant son good-night, that he would walk through fire before he would let a shadow of hardship or poverty touch his son Nand Kishore.  His son would never need to crave for anything in life, nor rely on the kindness of others for his existence; like he had to, growing up. 

Now in his fiftieth year, Brij began to worry if he had indulged his son a little too much.  May be a little tight reigned discipline at a younger age would have instilled in his boy a sense of direction and the need for a passion to forge his own path.  However, his love for his son was so great that, he could never actually deliver any of the lectures he imagined in his head. 

NK's mom Meera Devi was the gentlest and simplest of human beings.  She had dutifully left her land to join her husband three years after he had left for Australia.  She was the strong silent partner that Brij needed during his hard working years.  NK was the center of her universe.  She could have borne a thousand deaths in silence but not the slightest trace of anguish on her son's face.  Her heart's desire was to see him settle down with a soul mate and find constancy in his life.

Fate had smiled at Nand Kishore A.K.A NK, A.K.A Nanhe from the minute he arrived in this world and let out his first lusty cry. Good looks, a solid bank balance, supportive family and impressive educational credentials had not managed to corrupt his easy going even tempered disposition, or goofy ways that endeared him to everyone.  NK did not believe in taking anything or anyone too seriously.  He believed in going with the flow, bending around obstacles rather than meeting them head on.  

He was a smart kid, a quick learner with an ability to master anything he tried his hand at, and hence a jack of many trades.  Growing up, he had dabbled in almost all disciplines; a bit of biology, a lot of math and computers, a dash of art, a short stint in theater arts & dramatics and many long hours of photography.  He was the apple of his parents' eyes. 

He could succeed at anything he wanted to; the trouble was he did not feel intensely enough about anything thus far.  Hence he was content to let his energies and wit scatter and laugh through life for now.  But every once in a while it would bug him, and try as he might he did not have anything or anyone in his life that made it imperative for him to seek his direction.  Sometimes he despaired that he would end up an aimless wanderer all his life and that was his deepest fear.  A fear that he hid from all, including his parents under the mask of a carefree attitude and easy going smile

Part 1

It was a swelteringly hot night in May in Delhi.  It had been hours since sunset, but the land had not cooled down, nor had the breeze stirred.  Luckily, folks in the Raizada Mansion ' Shantivan, were not troubled by the heat, thanks to the powerful air conditioning system that cooled the house to a pleasant temperature.  Everyone was sound asleep drifting in their own dreamy fantasies; well, almost everyone.

"Wanna Race? Nandu" challenged Maya her eyes dancing with mischief and a faint dimple appearing on her cheek.  

"Are you hoping to outrace me in those ridiculous heels?  Baby you are so gonna lose" stated NK gleefully, the next instance they were speeding down the narrow lane that was leading to white sandy beaches.  NK tossed in bed*********

Kerala monsoons were a magnificent sight to watch mused NK glancing out the kitchen window, especially when a hot girl like Maya was hugging him from behind and guiding his hands to evenly stir the melting chocolate on the double boiler.  Was that his heart that just flipped in his chest'. NK turned and moaned into his pillow *******************

Rain was beating down on him plastering his shirt to his body but he did not care as he kissed her lips and she clung to him as if for dear life.   Maya moaned and shifted so her bosom grazed his chest and NK felt his control wash away with the rains; he slid his hands into her hair as he trailed open mouthed kisses down her slender neck and tasted the erratic pulse at the base of her throat.

"Nandu'." She moaned stroking his muscular shoulders, sending the blood rushing straight to his gut. ********************

NK woke up in a sweat, his breathing hard and fast now' For a few minutes he looked around in a daze and registered the fact that he was not with Maya, but in Shantivan in his bed that seemed suddenly cold.  The clock indicated it was two am; NK sighed and rolled off his bed raking his hair with his hands in frustration.  There was no use staying in it, for sleep would elude him and thoughts of Maya would torture him.  Well, at least it was another day done.  Just a couple of weeks left for the reveal, and then he would make his move.

Straightening from the table, he hung up the last of the photographic proofs that he had developed in his makeshift dark room in the walk-in-closet of the guest room he occupied.  He marveled at the diversity of the land; India offered him many fabulous shots, and was varied in its land forms, people, and culture.  He could hear Shantivan stir awake, as he continued his work methodically in silence. 

"Nanhe ji, aayiye, Naashta thanda hojayega".  Called out Khushi from the  bottom of the stairs.

"Coming Khushiji" he answered in response to Khushi's call for breakfast. 

"Hello hai bye bye NK bitwa, bhaat happens?  Ee aankhon ke neeche dark circles?" questioned Maami whose eagle eyes missed nothing.  

NK smiled and hugged her,"Par Maasi you look stunning, ek dum beautiful".  

"Aahan! Avoid karne ka koi fhayda nahin NK bhai.  Kya baat hai, Maya ke saath video chat pe the kya" teased Anjali Di wiggling her eyebrows, while the rest of the family chuckled.  

NK joined in the laughter; but he had suddenly lost all appetite and a slow dull ache began in his chest, as he spied the fluffy white idlis that Khushi had made; thanks to the secrets culled from Murugappan, their Chef at AR Resorts in Kumarakom.

"Akash I have something to take care of, mein apni car le jaraha hoon, I'll see you at work", said Arnav as he rose from his chair and shrugged on his blazer with a pointed look at Khushi, who followed him to the door under the pretext of bidding him farewell.  No sooner were they out of the family's sight, than Arnav grabbed khushi by her waist and planted a kiss on her full lips in a practiced motion. 

Khushi smiled indulgently watching her Arnavji's retreating back "he never forgot their daily ritual". 

"Arrey Nanheji kahan chaldiye?"  she called out as a blur that was NK flashed past her. 

"Sorry Khushi ji" NK called out as he rushed out hailing his brother

"Nannav mere bhai, I need a ride, Mujhe drop kar do ge?"  

Khushi gaped, "Yeh aaj kal Nanheji aur Arnavji kaafi zyada waqt saat mein bitarahe hain?  Kuch to baat hai.  Aur Nanheji bhi kuch maheenon se badle badle se hain.  Kabhi khush mizaz to kabhi khoye khoye soch mein doobe."

Serendipity(English Version)

The difference between velocity and speed is 'Direction'

Prologue

Brij Kishore Gohil, had landed in Sydney twenty six years back, with just enough money to get by for a month, thanks to the kindness of Manohar Singh Raizada, who had pulled strings to ensure his immigration approval to Australia.  The rest was up to him. Carrying with him the prayers & wishes of his sister-in-law Manorama, his accounting degree and borrowed money, he had set out to build his fortune.  

Brij Kishore had not rested till he achieved his goal of heading one of the top fifty Financial Services companies in south east Australia. He made a silent promise every night to himself as he kissed his infant son good-night, that he would walk through fire before he would let a shadow of hardship or poverty touch his son Nand Kishore.  His son would never need to crave for anything in life, nor rely on the kindness of others for his existence; like he had to, growing up. 

Now in his fiftieth year, Brij began to worry if he had indulged his son a little too much.  May be a little tight reigned discipline at a younger age would have instilled in his boy a sense of direction and the need for a passion to forge his own path.  However, his love for his son was so great that, he could never actually deliver any of the lectures he imagined in his head. 

NK's mom Meera Devi was the gentlest and simplest of human beings.  She had dutifully left her land to join her husband three years after he had left for Australia.  She was the strong silent partner that Brij needed during his hard working years.  NK was the center of her universe.  She could have borne a thousand deaths in silence but not the slightest trace of anguish on her son's face.  Her heart's desire was to see him settle down with a soul mate and find constancy in his life.

Fate had smiled at Nand Kishore A.K.A NK, A.K.A Nanhe from the minute he arrived in this world and let out his first lusty cry. Good looks, a solid bank balance, supportive family and impressive educational credentials had not managed to corrupt his easy going even tempered disposition, or goofy ways that endeared him to everyone. 

NK did not believe in taking anything or anyone too seriously.  He believed in going with the flow, bending around obstacles rather than meeting them head on.  He was a smart kid, a quick learner with an ability to master anything he tried his hand at, and hence a jack of many trades.  Growing up, he had dabbled in almost all disciplines; a bit of biology, a lot of math and computers, a dash of art, a short stint in theater arts & dramatics and many long hours of photography.  He was the apple of his parents' eyes. 

He could succeed at anything he wanted to; the trouble was he did not feel intensely enough about anything thus far.  Hence he was content to let his energies and wit scatter and laugh through life for now.  But every once in a while it would bug him, and try as he might he did not have anything or anyone in his life that made it imperative for him to seek his direction.  

Sometimes he despaired that he would end up an aimless wanderer all his life and that was his deepest fear.  A fear that he hid from all, including his parents under the mask of a carefree attitude and easy going smile

Part 1

It was a swelteringly hot night in May in Delhi.  It had been hours since sunset, but the land had not cooled down, nor had the breeze stirred.  Luckily, folks in the Raizada Mansion ' Shantivan, were not troubled by the heat, thanks to the powerful air conditioning system that cooled the house to a pleasant temperature.  Everyone was sound asleep drifting in their own dreamy fantasies; well, almost everyone.

"Wanna Race? Nandu" challenged Maya her eyes dancing with mischief and a faint dimple appearing on her cheek.  

"Are you hoping to outrace me in those ridiculous heels?  Baby you are so gonna lose" stated NK gleefully, the next instance they were speeding down the narrow lane that was leading to white sandy beaches.  NK tossed in bed*********

Kerala monsoons were a magnificent sight to watch mused NK glancing out the kitchen window, especially when a hot girl like Maya was hugging him from behind and guiding his hands to evenly stir the melting chocolate on the double boiler.  Was that his heart that just flipped in his chest'. NK turned and moaned into his pillow *******************

Rain was beating down on him plastering his shirt to his body but he did not care as he kissed her lips and she clung to him as if for dear life.   Maya moaned and shifted so her bosom grazed his chest and NK felt his control wash away with the rains; he slid his hands into her hair as he trailed open mouthed kisses down her slender neck and tasted the erratic pulse at the base of her throat. 

"Nandu'." She moaned stroking his muscular shoulders, sending the blood rushing straight to his gut. ********************

NK woke up in a sweat, his breathing hard and fast now' For a few minutes he looked around in a daze and registered the fact that he was not with Maya, but in Shantivan in his bed that seemed suddenly cold.  The clock indicated it was two am; NK sighed and rolled off his bed raking his hair with his hands in frustration.  There was no use staying in it, for sleep would elude him and thoughts of Maya would torture him.  Well, at least it was another day done.  Just a couple of weeks left for the reveal, and then he would make his move.

Straightening from the table, he hung up the last of the photographic proofs that he had developed in his makeshift dark room in the walk-in-closet of the guest room he occupied.  He marveled at the diversity of the land; India offered him many fabulous shots, and was varied in its land forms, people, and culture.He could hear Shantivan stir awake, as he continued his work methodically in silence. 

"Nanhe ji, We are waiting for you, Breakfast is served".  Called out Khushi from the  bottom of the stairs.

"Coming Khushiji" he answered in response to Khushi's call for breakfast. 

"Hello hai bye bye NK bitwa, bhaat happens?  You habe dark circles under your eyejj?" questioned Maami whose eagle eyes missed nothing.  

NK smiled and hugged her,"but Maasi you look stunning, very beautiful". 

"Aahan! Don't even think of avoiding an answer.  What's up, did Maya keep you up all night on a video chat?" teased Anjali Di wiggling her eyebrows, while the rest of the family chuckled.  

NK joined in the laughter; but he had suddenly lost all appetite and a slow dull ache began in his chest, as he spied the fluffy white idlis that Khushi had made; thanks to the secrets culled from Murugappan, their Chef at AR Resorts in Kumarakom.

"Akash I have something to take care of, I will drive by myself today and see you at work", said Arnav as he rose from his chair and shrugged on his blazer with a pointed look at Khushi, who followed him to the door under the pretext of bidding him farewell.  No sooner were they out of the family's sight, than Arnav grabbed khushi by her waist and planted a kiss on her full lips in a practiced motion. 

Khushi smiled indulgently watching her Arnavji's retreating back "he never forgot their daily ritual".

"Arrey where are you off to in such a hurry?"  she called out as a blur that was NK flashed past her.  

"Sorry Khushi ji" NK called out as he rushed out hailing his brother"Nannav mere bhai, I need a ride, Mujhe drop kar do ge?"  

Khushi gaped, "Nanheji has been spending a lot of time with Arnavji lately.  Something is definitely the matter.  And wonder what is up with Nanheji as well.  His moods have become unpredictable.  Some days he is like sunshine full of laughter and joy, and on other days, Well!  Serious, pensive and lost in his thoughts."

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hmm, really interesting! i love it <3 
and the fact that i live in Sydney has nothing to do with it..maybe ;) 
PLEASE pm me the rest!
AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
NK's story! What a coincidence, Indu...I had logged in to post my version of NK's story too...though mine is set in my 'Vignettes Universe'.

Loved the teaser, loved your style, ... waiting!!!!!
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Appurs

NK's story! What a coincidence, Indu...I had logged in to post my version of NK's story too...though mine is set in my 'Vignettes Universe'.

Loved the teaser, loved your style, ... waiting!!!!!

OOOh!  I so love your Vignettes :)  - It's indeed a coincidence.  Of course there will be more Keralam in my story, as you might have guessed where I introduced leads to build on for NK's story.  Did you post your latest?  I gotta read it.
-Shalu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey Indu, I'm glad that you are starting a new story. This sure seems interesting, looking forward to the first chapter. Thanks for the pm. :)
SPMom thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice Indu.. Looking forward for it.
RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Very interesting teaser. Would love to read more on NK. Thanks for the PM :)
nishi22 thumbnail
Awesum..update soon do pm me next
maria29 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice start..
update soon
roops82 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Its interesting.. And is this abt NK!wld luv to read more of this story!!!