Cast of IPKKND join for a play-Article

Posted: 11 years ago

Cast of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon join together for a play to be premiered in Dubai

What if 'Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?' the popular Star Plus show has ended? The euphoria and friendliness amongst the cast members of the show prevails even today. And a 'small idea' that came as a passing thought on the sets of Iss Pyaar, has today borne fruit, and the actors gear up for one big reunion of sorts as they are part of a play to be premiered in Dubai on 14 March 2013.

Wondering what we are talking about? Well, read here to know more.

It so happened that Utkarsha Naik and Akshay Dogra during their usual chit-chat sessions during the shoot of Iss Pyaar Ko' discussed on coming up with a concept for a play and working on it. Months after this discussion happened, both Akshay and Utkarsha gave it a serious thought, and went on to develop a concept. And when they started casting for the show, they took in Deepali Pansare and Pyumori Mehta from the Iss Pyaar Ko unit too.

There was also a thought of casting Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani, but Sanaya excused herself as she was not sure of what she will be doing during the period of rehearsals and play. Barun though decided to not be part of the cast of the play due to date-issues. However, the big news is that Barun will be part of the play as the "narrator". In the absence of Sanaya, Mrunal Thakur of Khamoshiyaan fame will be presenting the play along with Barun.

The play titled 'Do Phool Chaar Maali' will be a comical play directed by Utkarsha Naik's husband, Manoj Verma. He is also the producer cum creative, and the play will be produced under the banner Ambrosia Theatre Group.

When contacted, Utkarsha Naik confirmed this piece of news and said, "Yes we are premiering our play in Dubai sometime in March (2013). We plan to bring it on in Mumbai too in the near future."

Akshay Dogra and Deepali Pansare too confirmed their presence in the play.

We tried to contact Barun Sobti but could not reach through to him.

Mrunal Thakur on her part said, "I am still waiting for my confirmations and will be able to talk once I get it."

All the best to the team for the play!!

DL:http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/cast-iss-pyaar-ko-kya-naam-doon-join-together-play-be-premiered-dubai
Edited by sasya1234 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fangurrl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
tfs..
am excited
i wish i was in dubai
gnaina thumbnail
wow... thats some news... tfs
aneelovesarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
tfs.
all the best to them and dubai ppl rush now to buy tickets.
TiyaNaksh thumbnail
very nice and best of luck
hoopoe thumbnail
wow... thanks for sharing.
-GredForge- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i am soo happy abt this! i hopei it happens somewhere near my house! 
cant wait to see BS!<3
-GredForge- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: aneelovesarshi

tfs.

all the best to them and dubai ppl rush now to buy tickets.

only if we knew where ...😆
Dazee thumbnail
Lovely idea!!!  So glad for them all  :)  Wishing them the best