indi's index, from the blast from the past pages - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Thank you so much for this index. And thank you all for this endeavour, much appreciated Edited by Japonica - 10 years ago
hi japonica,

thanks for dropping by. i hope you are enjoying the bftp threads.

wrote this for crooner anniversary celebrations...

πŸ˜†there was a bit of kismet in it.

i don't follow serials, hindi or english or in any other language. television is not my thing. catch some friends or csi or ncis once in a way. don't mind a little monk, 30 rock, frasier, or jon stewart now and then. won't lie, did watch the bold and the beautiful and santa barbara over a glass of bad bosca wine every evening for many months when cable first came to india in the mid nineties. and of course, loved star trek, hawaii 5-0, and family ties as a kid. i have never been hooked though, not on the serials i mentioned, not even jon hamm in mad men can get me to check schedules and be there, hah i am that tv proof.

but after many years away from india, surrounded by cool calm green and peace and quiet, i started to miss colour, both in the literal and metaphorical sense. so the tv would be switched on the moment i got back home and i would carry on with my life while red, orange, blue, mithai pink, chutney green, big bindis, long mangal sutras, hideous saris, parivars and paramparas, bahus and sases, vamps who had a yen for english, characters that died and returned, all carried on merrily. always, but always, in the back ground. i rarely paid them any attention.
once in a while i watched, then admonished myself for being so idiotic and stopped. till one day, i heard " nafrat paas aaney na de, mohabbat door jaane na de." i turned around, saw a well dressed man and a very thin girl. it was a promo, seemed interesting. then i thought, forget it, they're going to ruin it anyway.

therefore, i was not there on the sixth of june last year.

one afternoon, sometime in sept/oct 2011, no idea which episode, i happened to look at the television. and just couldn't look away. a gorgeous young man... but hold it, i've seen him before, in shraddha, in baat hamari, yeah looked kind of nice, there was something about him, but like this? never. oh what's happening to me? so drop dead gorgeous, who is he? and is that delhi. delhi!
i was born in new delhi, spent lots of childhood there, with a fabulous nani, nana, mamas and mamis. in fact, class 7 to 11 went to school there and stayed with my grandparents three of those years. then ran away for college to calcutta. why? because i feared none of those good looking delhi boys would ever look at me.
honest. that was the reason. no intellectual bong here, sorry. 
and now one of those guys was looking straight at me from that stupid screen. full circle, i was 50 and a bit yet could feel the familiar urge to bolt. but this time i decided to stay. 
my extreme knowledge of mills and b gathered from age 12 to 17, told me i was looking at an arms akimbo man. but it was the tadka of dilli that had me still, unmoving. english with a delhi accent, i mean please may i die. "d'you understand?!!" ohhh.
(i also found that he and his wife married around the same age as my husband and i did; his intensity of feelings for her, well i have been there too and am still there; struggled to be financially ok, us too; seven years in the same not too inspiring job because it was important to earn, like that. insists his name be spelt right. walking away became more and more impossible.)

barun sobti was not the first choice for arnav singh raizada. yet there he is. could anyone else have ever been asr, or arnav, even chotte? and yet, he wasn't the first choice. a bit of a compromise, i get the feeling. remember hearing lalit mohan say that mr sobti had the eyes for the role. what would lm know about the jaw line, the widow's peak, the flowing limbs, the long neck, the crazy lips, the pop out irresistible ears, the down on the back of the wrist that shimmers in the light, the collar bones. but thank everything, someone sensed the potential of this man's hitherto untried acting ability. someone saw arnav singh raizada in him. 

sanaya irani had often heard that she would never be able to do a typical indian girl's role. she said, getting gunjan gave her a sense of real achievement. but just imagine the genius of the person who decided that our small town, lower middle class, hindi speaking desi girl with the tedha choti should be portrayed by this big city, upper middle class, english educated, sophisticated young woman of rather videshi complexion. the contrast works like a dream. it makes khushi yours, mine, ours; whether you're from small or big city, desh or videsh, young or old. 
sanaya was told by nissar parvez (i think) that everyone knows her as gunjan, but after this, people should only remember her as khushi. what a fantastic one line brief. and how utterly successful ms irani has been in meeting it. a girl who'd never get a role as a typical indian girl.

iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? was pitched for star one. but kismet would have none of that. and so it was that number crunching, trp and target audience oriented channel went with a gut feel (i'm sure they backed all decisions with many so called facts and computations, and tender parts of anatomy were duly covered) and decided ipkknd ought to go to star plus. (mwah mwah to whoever was the executive.)

i used to be (just corrected the "am" i'd instinctively written) the last person to want to talk endlessly about a serial, and that too on some social networking (gak what a word) site. deleted my facebook account some time ago. i heard about india forums on the noreen khan interview, as by now i had got the bug badly enough to look for the actors and the show everywhere. sbs, sbb, what were these things! a whole new world out there. anyway went and signed up at india f. 
soon after that i realised that my favourite niece (tennismaniac19, i think she calls herself, writes lovely stories) was as lovestruck as i. and while we gushed together and i mentioned the forum, she said i should check out crooner.
led to you girls, i was. by a nineteen year old. that's cool, since i'm about 15.
and here we are, priya. in your wonderful thread. talking, chatting, giggling, singing, getting closer, becoming important in each other's day. i read many of all your posts. there were bits of me in there too. 

many instances of  this play of fate i will never know. like how did they decide upon laxmiji, a pet goat! or the posse of prakashes that keeps rm going. or how did such a perfect team of actors who not only act well but gel with each other come together. or that unbelievably beautiful strain of "rabba ve," how could a little known music director come up with it. and what wonderful improvisations and extensions on the theme. old rabba ve, sad rabba ve, new rabba ve, why am i smiling. 

here's thanking each one at iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? and all of you in the crooner. and a very very happy anniversary to all. 

my sleeping patterns are ruined (episode airs at 12 mn), my friends are worried about my mind, but the man i've been married to for 26 years patiently asks me every day, so what happened last night? then gives me my fifteen minutes on my favourite topic. 
more than anything, even more than my crush on a 27 year old boy, or maybe through that feeling precisely iss pyaar ko has led me right back to a most important thing in life: love and the expression of it through romance. 
i flirt with my husband for no reason again. despite my age and weight. and there's a certain lightness to love that i haven't felt in years. 

this morning he said over the phone: mamiji is a bit like aunty s. i said: no, a mix of aunty s and aunty h.

iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? was indeed a gift from kismet.
Originally posted by indi52

i don't follow serials, hindi or english or in any other language. television is not my thing. catch some friends or csi or ncis once in a way. don't mind a little monk, 30 rock, frasier, or jon stewart now and then. won't lie, did watch the bold and the beautiful and santa barbara over a glass of bad bosca wine every evening for many months when cable first came to india in the mid nineties. and of course, loved star trek, hawaii 5-0, and family ties as a kid. i have never been hooked though, not on the serials i mentioned, not even jon hamm in mad men can get me to check schedules and be there, hah i am that tv proof.

but after many years away from india, surrounded by cool calm green and peace and quiet, i started to miss colour, both in the literal and metaphorical sense. so the tv would be switched on the moment i got back home and i would carry on with my life while red, orange, blue, mithai pink, chutney green, big bindis, long mangal sutras, hideous saris, parivars and paramparas, bahus and sases, vamps who had a yen for english, characters that died and returned, all carried on merrily. always, but always, in the back ground. i rarely paid them any attention.
once in a while i watched, then admonished myself for being so idiotic and stopped. till one day, i heard " nafrat paas aaney na de, mohabbat door jaane na de." i turned around, saw a well dressed man and a very thin girl. it was a promo, seemed interesting. then i thought, forget it, they're going to ruin it anyway.

therefore, i was not there on the sixth of june last year.

one afternoon, sometime in sept/oct 2011, no idea which episode, i happened to look at the television. and just couldn't look away. a gorgeous young man... but hold it, i've seen him before, in shraddha, in baat hamari, yeah looked kind of nice, there was something about him, but like this? never. oh what's happening to me? so drop dead gorgeous, who is he? and is that delhi. delhi!
i was born in new delhi, spent lots of childhood there, with a fabulous nani, nana, mamas and mamis. in fact, class 7 to 11 went to school there and stayed with my grandparents three of those years. then ran away for college to calcutta. why? because i feared none of those good looking delhi boys would ever look at me.
and now one of those guys was looking straight at me from that stupid screen. full circle, i was 50 and a bit yet could feel the familiar urge to bolt. but this time i decided to stay. πŸ˜Š
my extreme knowledge of mills and b gathered from age 12 to 17, told me i was looking at an arms akimbo man. but it was the tadka of dilli that had me still, unmoving. english with a delhi accent, i mean please may i die. "d'you understand?!!" ohhh.
(i also found that he and his wife married around the same age as my husband and i did; his intensity of feelings for her, well i have been there too and am still there; struggled to be financially ok, us too; seven years in the same not too inspiring job because it was important to earn, like that. insists his name be spelt right. walking away became more and more impossible.)

barun sobti was not the first choice for arnav singh raizada. yet there he is. could anyone else have ever been asr, or arnav, even chotte? and yet, he wasn't the first choice. a bit of a compromise, i get the feeling. remember hearing lalit mohan say that mr sobti had the eyes for the role. what would lm know about the jaw line, the widow's peak, the flowing limbs, the long neck, the crazy lips, the pop out irresistible ears, the down on the back of the wrist that shimmers in the light, the collar bones. but thank everything, someone sensed the potential of this man's hitherto untried acting ability. someone saw arnav singh raizada in him. 

sanaya irani had often heard that she would never be able to do a typical indian girl's role. she said, getting gunjan gave her a sense of real achievement. but just imagine the genius of the person who decided that our small town, lower middle class, hindi speaking desi girl with the tedha choti should be portrayed by this big city, upper middle class, english educated, sophisticated young woman of rather videshi complexion. the contrast works like a dream. it makes khushi yours, mine, ours; whether you're from small or big city, desh or videsh, young or old. 
sanaya was told by nissar parvez (i think) that everyone knows her as gunjan, but after this, people should only remember her as khushi. what a fantastic one line brief. and how utterly successful ms irani has been in meeting it. a girl who'd never get a role as a typical indian girl.

iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? was pitched for star one. but kismet would have none of that. and so it was that number crunching, trp and target audience oriented channel went with a gut feel (i'm sure they backed all decisions with many so called facts and computations, and tender parts of anatomy were duly covered) and decided ipkknd ought to go to star plus. (mwah mwah to whoever was the executive.)

i used to be (just corrected the "am" i'd instinctively written) the last person to want to talk endlessly about a serial, and that too on some social networking (gak what a word) site. deleted my facebook account some time ago. i heard about india forums on the noreen khan interview, as by now i had got the bug badly enough to look for the actors and the show everywhere. sbs, sbb, what were these things! a whole new world out there. anyway went and signed up at india f. 
soon after that i realised that my favourite niece (tennismaniac19, i think she calls herself, writes lovely stories) was as lovestruck as i. and while we gushed together and i mentioned the forum, she said i should check out crooner.
led to you girls, i was. by a nineteen year old. that's cool, since i'm about 15.
and here we are, priya. in your wonderful thread. talking, chatting, giggling, singing, getting closer, becoming important in each other's day. i read many of all your posts. there were bits of me in there too. 

many instances of  this play of fate i will never know. like how did they decide upon laxmiji, a pet goat! or the posse of prakashes that keeps rm going. or how did such a perfect team of actors who not only act well but gel with each other come together. or that unbelievably beautiful strain of "rabba ve," how could a little known music director come up with it. and what wonderful improvisations and extensions on the theme. old rabba ve, sad rabba ve, new rabba ve, why am i smiling. 

here's thanking each one at iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? and all of you in the crooner. and a very very happy anniversary to all. 

my sleeping patterns are ruined (episode airs at 12 mn), my friends are worried about my mind, but the man i've been married to for 26 years patiently asks me every day, so what happened last night? then gives me my fifteen minutes on my favourite topic. 
more than anything, even more than my crush on a 27 year old boy, or maybe through that feeling precisely iss pyaar ko has led me right back to a most important thing in life: love and the expression of it through romance. 
i flirt with my husband for no reason again. despite my age and weight. and there's a certain lightness to love that i haven't felt in years. 

this morning he said over the phone: mamiji is a bit like aunty s. i said: no, a mix of aunty s and aunty h.

Thanks for sharing this, Indi. Very well written. Brought a smile to my face when you mentioned some English shows which I like too, Friends followed by NCIS are two shows which I can watch any no. of times. Loved Frasier and Star trek too. Santa Barbara and B&B, watched a couple of episodes of those too, but thankfully, couldn't make head or tails of the story or the characters and left them. πŸ˜† 

The above in bold red, same reaction from me when I saw that promo. You mentioned about the Gulal boy in another post. I used to watch a show of that actor which was a love story based around 200-300 years ago, you can say a period love story. That story was going well, but suddenly things started going haywire. They killed the lovers and then brought the story to modern times with a reincarnation theme. Guess for trp sake. But, that too didn't work and the show was stopped abruptly without any ending (So, IPK is lucky in that way). When IPK promos were coming, that show was still in my mind. And, I too wasn't there when IPK started as I was sure they would mess it up and I didn't want to be hooked.

As I told you earlier, it was Khushi's narration of the Sri Krishna Jamnakatha that got me into IPK. And, it was because of the character of Khushi that I would watch the show. Never, went back to watch previous episodes, so never could understand ASR. I read the written updates of the missed episodes sometime before Payash engagement. Took time, infact a lot of time, to understand the character. πŸ˜† 

Totally agree with what u said about BS and SI. They were destined to play those characters, inspite of all the unlikeliness of them being ASR and KKG resp. But, one thing always perplexed me was how Akshay was selected. He was elder, taller and physically bigger than BS, then how come he was chosen to play the younger brother? Of course, the actors' talents didn't let that show.

You are right about the last line in pink. IPK was in our kismet, brought back the spark in our lives.

Oops made a longish comment. Couldn't help it. Aapke writing ka asar hai. 😳 

Edited by DurgaS - 10 years ago
^^^ durga,

just saw your great comment. thanks a tonne. so you've seen the actor i spoke of. never touched me like bs did, but there was a depth to him, and an excitement too. i think he's a bit short and so will face all the troubles of not being "standard" in some way. i am a sucker for non standard everything. saw him in another show, 12/24 karol bagh.

oh my santa barbara and b and b days. terrible serials, but the whole thing was so new then, cable had just come to india, one had to watch and feel part of it all. ad stopped reading anything meaningful a while ago. into all that emptiness stepped in ridge forrester, caroline, brooke, mason, and now the names go away. every evening after work, one and a half hours with a glass of bosca wine, trying to settle into  a new city, bombay. what evenings those were.

i loved khushi's janmashtami story. sanaya can bring so much innocence, abs unaffected natural one at that to the screen. talent.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by indi52

but after many years away from india, surrounded by cool calm green and peace and quiet, i started to miss colour, both in the literal and metaphorical sense. 
*** Gosh... I laughed and laughed at people who watched Hindi serials... and here I am...eating my humble pie...
...so the tv would be switched on the moment i got back home and i would carry on with my life while red, orange, blue, mithai pink, chutney green, big bindis, long mangal sutras, hideous saris, parivars and paramparas, bahus and sases, vamps who had a yen for english, characters that died and returned, all carried on merrily. always, but always, in the back ground. i rarely paid them any attention.

i was born in new delhi, spent lots of childhood there, with a fabulous nani, nana, mamas and mamis. in fact, class 7 to 11 went to school there and stayed with my grandparents three of those years. then ran away for college to calcutta. why? because i feared none of those good looking delhi boys would ever look at me. *** the insecurities of a tiny 5 ft Bengali girl who never got any prank calls from any guys ever is rushing back..πŸ˜†
and now one of those guys was looking straight at me from that stupid screen. full circle, i was 50 and a bit yet could feel the familiar urge to bolt. but this time i decided to stay. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†πŸ˜Š
my extreme knowledge of mills and b gathered from age 12 to 17, told me i was looking at an arms akimbo man. but it was the tadka of dilli that had me still, unmoving. english with a delhi accent, i mean please may i die. "d'you understand?!!" ohhh.*** often wondered about the accent... his Rs are perfect, the accent is neither british nor american and then once in a while an odd J/G...like Pleeje, obvioujly (instead of please and obviously)...I fell in love with that odd J/G
(i also found that he and his wife married around the same age as my husband and i did; his intensity of feelings for her, well i have been there too and am still there; **** I recommend everyone fall in love like crazy once in your lifetime... nothing compares to that intensity..if it doesn't work then it doesn't ..."mistakes" are what we were meant to make on this earth... I am so glad I bet my whole life on a boy younger than me with no money and who knows what prospect... we still dont have any money or any stability..we still fight like cats & dogs and make up like errrm🀬... if i had to do it all over again, i wouldn't change a thing!

struggled to be financially ok, us too; seven years in the same not too inspiring job because it was important to earn, like that. insists his name be spelt right. walking away became more and more impossible.)

many instances of  this play of fate i will never know. like how did they decide upon laxmiji, a pet goat! or the posse of prakashes that keeps rm going. or how did such a perfect team of actors who not only act well but gel with each other come together. or that unbelievably beautiful strain of "rabba ve," how could a little known music director come up with it.
*** I was telling a friend...dont play Rabba Ve in my funeral, i might just get up and walk around like a zombie till i find Sobti
and what wonderful improvisations and extensions on the theme. old rabba ve, sad rabba ve, new rabba ve, why am i smiling. 

my sleeping patterns are ruined (episode airs at 12 mn), my friends are worried about my mind, but the man i've been married to for 26 years patiently asks me every day, so what happened last night? then gives me my fifteen minutes on my favourite topic. **** you have no idea how terrible my sleep cycles have become...right now, its 2:25 am... If i cannot get rid of this obsession.. i might need professional help. 

*** told my husband... you got "lucky" bcos of my fantasies abt ASRπŸ˜‰

Thank you for directing me to this thread and your post... I am amazed at how similar our thoughts are regarding IPK... is this a generational thing? or just Kismet that I met you here... I dont even know your name (doesnt matter... no imposition from my side).. Indie, are you a professional writer..how do you write so well? I know its a God gifted talent ...but hope you write for a bigger audience than IF... Thank you for befriending me... waiting for rest of the episodesπŸ€— on the Blast forum. 

sabrina
Edited by shesherkobita - 10 years ago
Thanks indi di for this index.

I always love your writings.

It will be nice to read about IPKKND from your side.
lizzie,

how nice of you to drop in. thanks, please read as and when you can. πŸ˜ƒ
^^^sabrina

five foot bengali girl and fears regarding boys falling for her, did you say? are we twins separated at mela or what? i was nice and round to boot. still am all those things, but utterly shamelessly so.

also went nuts for boy with no job no money, crazy really, married him, still nuts, still fighting, and the making up has its errm in it. only, he was older by a year, unlike your young man.

about that falling madly in love at least once and hang the consequences, so so with you on that. in fact, that element of insanity in it, a must. takes you out of the here and the now, the pale of the ordinary, the mortal, like nothing else can. certainly not money. but who's to tell it to this world.

i think that screwed up chaos causing feeling is what i just couldn't look away from in ipk, it was happening onscreen, and somewhere in my toes off screen too 🀣 but the heart was so taken by that boy i met at 20, uff what a battle.

indrani robbins. that's me. very ghoti bangali girl that lives with a baghdadi jew from calcutta.

thanks for your wonderful words on my little note. especially about the writing. i am a copywriter who hasn't written anything exciting in centuries, but the last year or so, it's been such a joy rambling (i should trademark that word) here. can't tell you how good i felt reading your words.

see you at the blast. who knows sobti ji has given me so much practice with sentence construction, maybe some day i'll write a something or the other.
pleej? really? sooo cute. i recall... "aygenda," and of course, "you don't have a character," there was also a word, i forget now, he yelled by the poolside, i heard it 500 times i think to find out if he said "j"/"z" instead of the correct "zh" or whatever it was. and yes, whatever he says, however, is just so right. πŸ˜†

sabrina is a bengali girl? the fair one or the cute witch?

see ya.
incredible episode
a post i wrote 8 november 2012 here https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3281136

"jaa rahi ho?"
did you hear the magnet in that quiet voice? how it pulled her over.

"hume jana hoga... arav ke liye."
on that second part of the sentence, i felt my heart break a bit as her heart began to splinter.

two actors who have pulled out all the stops, no limits whatsoever, when it comes to bringing asr and khushi alive. i am fortunate to be with them every day.

"tumhe kya laga, tum chup chap chali jaogi aur sab theek ho jaayga?"
what an understanding of khushi's character there by her creators, the writers, the dialogue guys πŸ‘.

"khushi, let's say yeh sab sach hota... toh chhorke chali jaati mujhe?"
rabba vey...
that's a question love asks, all love asks at some point or the other. because the difficult, the unbearable, even the impossible to bear happens. and if it is indeed love, that word "too often profaned," then it grows, it expands, it takes a long deep breath of pure oxygen and feels its feelings, its truth. and it stays. 

khushi's arms going around him convulsively said that, though her words were: "hume nahin pata... hume kuch nahin pata."
the conflict in her heart about fairness to asr's other tie, as important as hers, in those words.

"mujhe pata hai. agar tum koshish bhi karogi, khushi, tab bhi hum alag nahin ho sakte. arnav aur khushi humesha saath rahenge."
in the quiet of an embrace and the lilting rabba vey strains, my arms tingled, my heart melted, i breathed easy. that was a man who had truly and utterly submitted to love and knew what it was. his lover is yet to make the journey all the way, but she is nearly there. that's why at the end...
"tum aise kaisi ho sakti ho?"
"aap ki wajah se."
last night in a letter he'd told her how she had made him more, better, fuller. her short four word reply seemed to say the same.

i fell in love with this love story a while back. never have i ever followed a serial before as my friends on the forum know. there was an understanding of this indescribable emotion, compulsion called love here i'd not seen elsewhere in a while. it was classic and contemporary at once. it believed and was unafraid. it sang, it danced, it took extraordinary leaps and turns, it struck deep with the lightest touch. asr and khushi kumari gupta were so lovely, i could barely breathe when they got going. barun sobti and sanaya irani showed pyaar for their profession in a way that made you want to hug and hi five them every time they got it just right. which was practically every time. 

i fell deeper and deeper in love. should have guessed it would be challenged. all pyaar has its dushman, its dukh dard dastaan. why should my love be an exception. it wasn't, starting mid feb all sorts of things started to happen, yet there was always huge bits of great writing and unforgettable acting. whoever wrote asr and khushi managed to remain true, with minor hiccups, right through. of course, barun and sanaya became asr, khushi without holding anything back. this level of commitment to and oneness with character is found only among the greatest thespians portraying famous characters. i found both in a telly show. unbelievable. wonder if fifty years hence asr will bring to mind an image, the way captain kirk or spock does. i think it will.

and now the dard/dushman factor just got raised a few notches.

but i, with a "hume nahin pata... hume kuch nahin pata," am still here. this episode, ipk seemed to hold me and say: i promise, main sab theek kar doonga.

oh that slightest hint of a sly smile on sheetal's lips when he said : stay! and strode out. poor sheetal, she actually thinks she's got him where she wants him.

i just adored asr's confrontation with sheetal. her same old, it was a dark and stormy drunken night story, his what the and frown abs rejecting the whole thing, khushi's beautiful growing up into acceptance of a feeling and not judging him for having a child, his buying time to sort things out now that he has her assurance that she will be with him always (he needs her and never denies it from the moment he has acknowledged his love, in life too love asks just for that), the beautiful music over asr hugging arav (i felt he made a silent promise to the child to set things right), his words to arav: you are not alone (asr identifies with this boy's sense of being alone, it was his akelapan too that engulfed him till khushi came into his life and we heard him say as much to her the previous evening), enjoyed all of that and more yesterday. the family scenes, the structure and design, just about everything touched me and worked for me.

i don't know how things will evolve. funny, now it seems gul is out to destroy the man she imagined and made. creator, destroyer, the one and the same, something almost spiritual there. barun sobti, whatever may be happening out there, has never let me down in my deal with him. not a single instance, in more than 380 episodes where i've felt, he didn't give it his all. and the same with sanaya irani. in fact, most of the cast. there's a lot of beauty in that itself, for me. 

so i watch. till asr is barun and khushi is sanaya and they are together. jab hum door hotey hain tab bhi paas hote hain. yehi hai pyaar. yes, i know i am being prepared. i am.
that's why i can still love.

"khushi, meri zindagi mein jo bhi hoga, sab tumhare saamne hoga... mujhe har kadam pe tumhari madad ki zaroorat padegi... are you gonna be with me?"
"humesha."

was someone talking to me? or am i being ott and filmi like someone we know. πŸ˜‰