For me, good work is equal to happiness: Arti Puri

PRAGD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Rival Site Article : For me, good work is equal to happiness: Arti Puri

A page from the personal diary of Arti Puri

Hello everyone, this is Arti Puri aka Trishna Shamsher Malik of Madhubala on Colors.

I have specially come here to brief you'll about myself.

I was born and educated in Amritsar. Since, I was hell-bent on making a career in acting I started my film journey with a Punjabi film when I was just 12 years old. Back then I told my parents that I wanted to become an actor and they were very supportive about it. I later learnt that my father too dreamt of becoming an actor when he was young, but circumstances did not allow him to go ahead with his plans. I think that somewhere around his dreams got transferred to me.

Later, I shifted down South and did a number of Tamil and Telugu films. Wanting to be part of the glamorous Bollywood I came to Mumbai. But, life planned something else for me, I got my first television show in which I got to play Trishna.

To me there is no difference between acting in television shows and films; what matters most is my honesty and hard work. As long as I enjoy my work, I have no issues with anything under the sun. For me good work is equal to happiness.

Here, let me tell you a thing of my heart. Of all the characters that I have played so far, describes me a little. In fact, there is no such role which portrays Arti Puri on the whole. My profession is a very difficult one, which everybody in the same field would agree. You have to be on your feet 24*7.

I feel very comfortable with whatever I do. Though it wasn't very nice in the beginning, but now I have got pretty comfy in the space of television. As for playing characters, I can play of any kind but I am looking forward to do a romantic show. I would love to play a protagonist in a romantic drama.

I don't follow set principles. In fact, I see television as per my version and do what my heart tells me to do. I don't have lists of dos and don'ts but I always follow my heart. This makes things easier for me.

Recently, I got a very big surprise from the cast of Madhubala. It so happened that a day before my birthday, each and every actor was very tired and sick on account of a rigorous shooting schedule and had to report by 6 am on sets the next morning. Even after being extremely tired, the entire crew came over to my place at 12:00 am on 8 February to wish me on my birthday. I can never forget this incident in my life.

Well guys, I am in a bit of a hurry and want to take your leave now. See you soon with some more interesting stuff about myself.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

have-a-dream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Tfs... very nice...Edited by have-a-dream - 11 years ago
Very nice article or maybe it was more like a blog.
Thanks for sharing.