Just Loved it
Want to read ahead
Can u pls pm me the parts
iram1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
amazing story!
im just completely in love with it :D
and YESSS!!!,...IM REALLYY INTERESTED TO READ THIS!
pls continue soon and please PM me!
aneelovesarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Plz continue and eagered to read more of this.
..Gunjan.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome
Interesting ..,
Please continue
Please PM me when you update
:)
Tas.Chow thumbnail
I really like it! I luv the fact tht it's so random yet so capturing and cute! Pllzzz update soon! Will be lukin forward to it!
TabassumR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Part 1: Kiss and Tell
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3412364

Part 2: General Motors Diet

Sunday, Lucknow, 5:00 PM
"Di, stop hyperventilating, will you," Arnav said, very briefly looking up from his laptop.
"What do you mean by hyperventilate? It is my brother's wedding. I am the one managing the whole show. I don't want anything to go wrong. Not after what happened the last time,' Anjali Di said, her brow furrowed with creases now.
Arnav closed his laptop. They were here for the wedding of their younger brother Aakash. After the Anagha episode, it looked like nothing could persuade him to put himself out there again. He had drowned himself in work and busied himself with expansion plans of the Raizada industries. It was than that he decided to convert their family home in Lucknow, Sheesh Mahal into a swanky heritage hotel. It gave him an excuse to leave Bombay, where he lived in constant fear that he might run into Anagha somehow or the other. The family home, which had been the Raizadas for three generations now, was jointly owned by the siblings. After they lost their parents in a car crash, almost twenty years ago, they never returned to Lucknow. Sheesh Mahal was locked and sealed away, slowly dying and rotting. So when Aakash decided to restore the Sheesh Mahal, he needed the services of an architect and that is how he met Payal.

Payal as it turned out was not just great with restoring dilapidated buildings, she also helped Aakash pick up the pieces of his broken heart and put it back together. When Sheesh Mahal had a grand opening two months ago, Aakash let Arnav and Anjali know about his intentions to marry Payal. When Anjali and Arnav met Payal, they took an instant liking for her, for she came across as an intelligent and warm person. Yes, she was perfect for Aakash. A week later they were engaged.

It was during the engagement that Arnav realised that Payal was Khushi's older sister. The same crazy Khushi whom when he met the last time carried a message from his brother's runaway bride. Since his last engagement was a grand affair, Aakash decided to have a low-key one for this with just family. The engagement happened at Payal's house in Bombay. Payal's mother had passed away many years ago and her family comprised of her father, Daadi and sister. When Arnav reached Payal's house on the day of the engagement he saw family photographs on the wall and realised that Khushi was Payal's sister. He immediately made it a point to seek out Aakash asking him if he knew that the girl who brought news of his previous to-be-bride dumping him was the sister of his current to-be-fiance. Turns out that Aakash knew about this and didn't have any reservations about it. While Arnav knew that it was not Khushi's fault that the wedding had got called off, he still felt a little indignant on behalf of his brother. He had every intention of issuing a stern warning to Khushi, just in case she created another flurry. But as the engagement rituals progressed he realised that Khushi had not made it for her sister's engagement as she had just joined a new firm in London and couldn't take time off from work.

Later Khushi's grandmother sought out Arnav and asked him a ton of questions. Why was he the older brother still single? Could he cook? What work did he do? Oh, so he wrote books, but what was his "real" job? Did he make a decent living? Which part of London did he live in? Was he single? Did he know that her younger granddaughter also lived in London, made tons of money and was a fabulous cook?
Thankfully, Anjali Di rescued Arnav and he escaped unscathed.

Anyway, that was then and now the wedding was five days away. Five days for Anjali Di to completely lose her sanity.

"When does Asya's flight reach?" Anjali Di asked him, even as she was squinting her eyes over her planner, evidently dissatisfied with something that had caught her eye.
"At 7. I will pick her up and Jeeju. Don't worry, Di," Arnav said, this time more kindly.
"The extended family is meeting Asya for the first time. I hope they like her. I am sure they will," Anjali Di said, not with too much conviction.
"It doesn't matter, Di. I don't care about what the extended family thinks. You know that. My only family are you, Aakash and Jeeju," Arnav said.
"And Payal," Anjali Di added.
"And Payal," Arnav said and smiled.

Once Anjali Di left, Arnav decided to go out for a walk. The wedding preparations were on in full swing in all corners of Sheesh Mahal. A music system was being installed and sound checks were happening. The festivities began from tomorrow and the kitchen was being set up. There was the smell of oil, ghee and flowers around. He wondered what would Asya make of all this. He and Asya had now been seeing each other for six years, neither of them particularly keen to take the relationship to the next level. Happy with status quo. His thoughts were interrupted when he saw Payal walk in towards where he was. She looked flustered.

"Hey Payal, what is happening? All okay," Arnav asked.
"Hi Arnav. Yes, all is well," she said, "actually all is not so well. My sister Khushi is missing."
"What?!" Arnav said.
"I mean, she stepped out in the morning for some errands and is not yet back." Payal said, in a worried voice, "plus, she won't pick up the phone and she doesn't really know the city."
"Do you want me to go look for her?" Arnav offered.
"No dad and a cousin have gone. You guys don't worry. Anyway I better go and check on my grandmother. She is hysterical now," Payal said leaving.
"Hmm. Payal," Arnav called out to her, "if you need my help, just call me, okay?"
"Sure," Payal said and left.

Hmm. So Khushi was already in Lucknow. Somehow the idea that he could meet Khushi anytime soon unsettled Arnav. He wasn't sure if it excited him or bothered him. She probably didn't remember him. Anyway, he would have Asya for company. He imagined introducing Khushi to Asya, meet this girl whom I met very briefly some two years ago, who kissed me and I can't seem to take my mind off her since then. Oh and maybe she is a lesbian.

F*ck this. He should just go to the airport and watch people instead. He could do with some new material for the book.

Monday, Lucknow 11 AM
Khushi was lost again. This Sheesh Frikkin Mahal was such a maze. Plus, she was so hungry.

Stop thinking about food, Khushi, she strongly admonished herself. She willed her mind to think of something else. Like Arnav Raizada for instance, whom she had done a stellar job of avoiding for the last 48 hours that she had been there. Not that she had any reason to avoid him, did she? I mean she had just been a messenger who brought some unfortunate news the last time she met him. Except she had kissed him without his consent. Though, something told her that he did kind of enjoy it. But that wasn't the point. The point was that in a country that 600 million or so men, her sister decided to marry Aakash Raizada. Khushi trusted her sister to make the right decision, but ever since the time her sister told her about marrying Aakash, she was worried that Arnav would disapprove. She had heard from her sister that Arnav was not just Aakash's older brother, but was some kind of hero to him. Which is why she wove an elaborate lie and managed to give the engagement a miss, but there was no way to miss the wedding. So here she was, in Sheesh Mahal, which fortunately had giant pillars behind which she could hide lest she wanted to avoid crazy aunts, her grandmother with determined questions about her sexual orientation and Arnav Raizada.

Perhaps she had been thinking too much about the man, because sure enough, it was he who was heading in her direction. He had obviously not spotted her, as he was deep in conversation with this gorgeous woman next to him. The woman, Khushi noticed was a foot taller than her and probably a size smaller than her. God, she hated her already. Must be Asya Raichand. Khushi was unsure if she should feel proud that her memory was so fantastic or worried that she was such a good stalker. Anyway, right now the giant pillar welcomed her and she went behind one. She sent a mental thank you to her sister for designing a maze with so many fabulous hiding spots.

She could now hear the pair of them, though she couldn't really make out the words. But evidently Asya was amused, for she kept giggling. She peeped out for just a nanosecond when she heard a shrill, Khushiii!. She wanted to kick herself. Another minute and she could have escaped.

"Khushi, why are you hiding behind that pillar?," Payal asked in a baffled tone, "come here and meet Aakash's family."

Left with no choice, she walked towards Payal, Arnav, Asya and some other dude. Arnav had a part amused and part challenging expression on her face. Khushi determinedly looked away and smiled at her sister instead.
"Why the hell were you hiding behind the pillar, Khushi?" Payal repeated as she reached where they were all gathered, right in the middle of the swanky lobby of Sheesh Mahal.
"I was looking for something that had fallen," Khushi offered.
"What had fallen?" Payal continued her Spanish inquisition.
Khushi gave here the drop-it-already face and waved her hands in the air and said, "Stuff!"
Payal finally got the hint and offered introductions.
"This is my sister, Khushi. Khushi meet Aakash's sister Anjali, his brother Arnav and brother-in-law Abhimanyu," Payal said with a formal air.
"Khushi, welcome to the family," said a smiling Anjali and pulled her into a hug.
Woah! This chick is friendly, Khushi thought. She was about to come up with a flippant comeback when she saw her sister give her the don't-you-open-your-mouth face. So she smiled instead.
"It is good that I spotted you, Khushi. Please stay with Anjali and help her. She has been on her feet for the last two days and could do with some help," Payal told her.
Then turning to Anjali she said, "Khushi is all yours. I have a parlour appointment now. See you in a bit." and went away.

Khushi looked at her watch. God, she needed to leave Sheesh Mahal in another hour, tops. And this Anjali looked like one very determined kind of lady. What could she do?!

"Khushi, you are our slave now," Anjali said mock seriously.
"Wh..what," Khushi stammered.
"I was just joking, of course," Anjali said smiling, "will you and Arnav go taste all the food being prepared for tonight. We have a chef who has flown down from Delhi. Arnav is too critical and Payal tells me you will eat anything, I think the two of you together will be perfect."
"What?! No," Khushi began..
"I don't need an assistant, Di," Arnav said, a scowl on his face.
"I am NOT your assistant," Khushi almost screamed. God! This man is such a douche.
"You two, I am stressed already," Anjali said, "I would like everyone to work together, okay?"
Anjali did not raise her voice, but had a completely you-will-listen-to-me look on her face as she said this.
"But... but, I am on a diet," Khushi finally said.
"Oh Khushi," Anjali said, "You don't need to diet. Now, can you guys go, the chef is waiting."
Anjali left. Poor Aakash, he had such evil siblings, Khushi thought. She also began to feel lightheaded.
"We might as well be done with it," Arnav said, not looking particularly pleased with the task at hand or the company he was saddled with.
Khushi didn't respond, the giddiness now more pronounced.
"Are you okay," Arnav asked, looking at her closely.
"I am hungry and I might faint any moment now," Khushi almost barked.
"So you are really dieting," he asked, as his eyes ran over the length of the body, as if assessing if she needed weight loss.
Khushi found herself bristling in his gaze.
"You look fine to me," he drawled.
"I look more than fine. I know that," Khushi said indignantly, "I am not the kind to have body image issues."
"And yet you are dieting," Arnav said dryly.
Somehow his judgmental tone bothered her and Khushi found the need to justify herself.
"I have completely practical reasons to want to lose weight," she said as the two of them began walking towards the kitchen. She had no clue where the kitchen was, she followed Arnav, hoping that he knew the space better, given that this was at one time his home.
"And what are the those," he asked, in the same sardonic tone of his, "even though it is really none of my business."
"That is right, it is none of your business," Khushi said, "but I don't fit into the blouse that I am wearing for the wedding."
"Ummm. Wouldn't it be easier to alter the blouse," Arnav asked.
"Well, firstly I am in Lucknow, I don't know any tailors around here. And to alter the blouse, I will have to steal it from Payal's room, where all the stuff is. Payal's room is guarded by my grandmother. If my grandmother realises that I have put on weight, she will not let me and anyone else hear the end of it. If Payal realises that her wedding is going to be anything less than perfect, she is going to channelize her inner bridezilla and drive us nuts. So, one must conclude that I need to lose weight," Khushi said and collapsed on one of the inviting sofas.
Arnav looked really amused after her rant and sat down next to her. She felt frazzled and nervous at this proximity. Also did she just discuss her fat woes with some man? Khushi, you need help, a voice inside her head said.
"So, what is the plan," Arnav asked, "how do you intend to lose weight in another three days?"
This conversation needed to have got over before it even started, but now she was too far gone. Plus, better Arnav Raizada than her grandmother.
"I am doing the GM Diet, the General Motors Diet. Today is Day 3, I am allowed to eat fruits and vegetables. But I cheated a while back by eating a piece of chocolate," she said sadly, "but only a very tiny piece."
"Okay. Let us finish the tasting first and we can find some other solution for your problem," Arnav said, getting up and giving her his hand.
She held on to his hand. It was warm and comforting. She could get used to this and never let go of him. They reached the kitchen and she heard a familiar voice, "So you must be here for the tasting. I am Chef Shyam Jha. You must be Arnav."
"Shyam Jha" Khushi muttered.
"Hi Khushi! How are you?" Shyam asked, amused by her obvious discomfort.
"The two of you know each other," Arnav asked rhetorically, "guess the world is really small,"
"Yes, we were neighbours for years," Shyam said, "right Khushi?"
"Right," Khushi mumbled.
Why is he here? Why is he here? Oh God, this can't be good. Why did her life have to be so complicated? Why why why? Could she just sleep and wake up after five days? Like a temporary coma without any long-term side-effects? She was feeling even more woozy. There was so much food, all deep fried, containing no fruits or vegetables. Could she wipe the smile off Shyam's face? And that frown off Arnav's face? No, she would rather just run her hands through Arnav's hair and stare into his eyes. He was so handsome. He seemed to have read her mind, because just then he turned towards her and smiled. And then the world went black.

Monday, Lucknow, 11 PM
Arnav ripped off his Sherwani as soon as he entered the room and fell down on his king-sized bed. He was glad the day was over. It was a confusing day and even though he was a writer, there was too much drama. Something that he didn't enjoy when it was not in fiction.
Firstly Khushi fainted and it worried him so much that it surprised him. Then there was something off about Khushi and Shyam, but he couldn't tell what. And when before heading for the mehendi he came to check on Khushi to see if she was okay and if she was ready to come down, he was shocked to see Anagha leave Khushi's room. He had no idea what she was doing here. And if Khushi drama was not enough, he and Asya had broken up two hours ago. It was all very amiable. He had to admit, he felt relieved. They decided not to share this news with the family for now, because what you didn't know, couldn't trouble you, yes? Except if it involved Khushi and the mystery surrounding her. The lesser he knew about what she was upto, the more difficult he found to get his mind off her. Khushi and her GM Diet, he smiled at the thought. She didn't need to diet, in fact, she looked even more captivating now than he remembered her.
Stop. Thinking. About. Khushi.
He tried to sleep. And failed.

Tuesday, Facebook, 6 AM
Arnav Raizada - Saw her today. Too much drama.
Shyam Jha - Saw her today. She is as beautiful as ever.
Aakash Raizada - Saw her today. I am over her.
Payal Gupta - Saw him today. He is as douchey as ever.
Asya Raichand - Saw him today. I am not over him.
Anagha Chaturvedi - Saw him today. Awkward.
Khushi Gupta - Gained two kilos after dieting for three days. Hello universe, stop messing with me.

Edited by TabassumR - 11 years ago
TabassumR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the comments. Updated part 2. Still very random I know 😆
Next part will be written quicker.
Edited by TabassumR - 11 years ago
inajnar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A lengthy and lovely update ...The FB comments are intriguing...Wonder who is talking about whom...
Thanks for continuing this ..
GirlOfFire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
This is what I like - a looong update.. 

Story is intriguing ... more please
Diaphanous thumbnail
Wow. Maybe Arnav could get the blouse for her to alter it...? Whtever going to wait for the next update.