Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

"Best Friends"to "Acquaintances"

palindrome thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
She was surrounded by excess of light,excess of sound,excess of food and beverages.Yes,she found everything in excess because of their relation with nuptial preparations.She was attending one of her good friend's wedding.Her eyes roamed around in marriage venue to be welcomed by many fake and few genuine smiles,shimmery clothes, flaunting expensive jewels along with some known and unknown eyes.Some eyes had indifference in them,some had  appreciation for her clothes...some eyes which specifically belonged to testosterone controlled species had something in them which made disgust rise in her veins.For a minute,she felt herself naked despite being completely covered by her decent clothing.Before that feeling could overwhelm her senses,she shrugged it off forcefully and looked back in those eyes.Her eyes reflected all the profanities which were reverberating in her mind at that moment.That look was enough for making those disgusting eyes look away.Rage which was erupting in her subdued as a familiar face made its appearance.She was her another friend.She,her newly arrived friend,and bride,threesome of them were fast friends during their school days.They were friends from the moment when she had come to know that friendship was more than sharing lunches and sitting on same bench and playing together.Fate separated her from two of them.Suddenly she remembered the tears shed by her missing both of them in hostel.She hugged her friend to save the moment in her heart.Both of them spent quality time reminding their school days and discussing their present.She was elated but still she felt something missing.She ignored the feeling and tried to be happy once again.Her happiness lost its intensity when she heard her friend declaring her busy life and how she had forgotten that it was their friend's wedding day..how she had already eaten her dinner before her mother reminded about the invitation card..
She felt little heart broken.She knew after leaving for hostel,her contacts with two of her friends became minimal with time.But two of them were together all the time.For her,they were best friends to each other.Still her friend forgot that day..She looked in her friend's eyes.They seemed estranged to her...At the same moment,she realized what she was missing..
She was missing her best friend whom she had met in hostel, who was miles away from her but still very near to her heart.She wanted her best friend with her at that moment..
Bride and groom exchanged jai malas in exaggerated and fantastic way..Bride was smiling..Her friend was smiling..she was smiling..still her heart was restless..She had understood degradation process  from best friends to fast friends to good friends,,Carrer takes a toll on relations.,Her heart thanked God for giving her a friend who would never forget her D day,who would be  as happy as her family members on her wedding day.
As she came out from the venue,she took her cell phone and typed a message to her best friend..She described everything about the wedding but she did not write what she wanted to write..
"I am missing you alot..." 
Line was too sappy..and her best friend did not like such  sappiness...
Edited by palindrome - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Isn't it one of the pains of growing up? That we tend to care too much about our career and too less about relations? Does the forgetfulness of an important day of your best friend supposed to be a flaunting line to show how busy you are with your own life, how focused you are in earning shitty bucks?
If it is so, I am glad that I weren't there, I am glad that she messaged a sappy line to her friend because sappy or not, the underlying care and truthfulness is what matters and that is there behind that sappy line.
PS: On a lighter note, there is a pet line between me and my bestie that she wouldn't marry unless I am there for her wedding, for which my mom used to say that "You aren't the groom. How come the wedding won't happen without you?" I replied to her patiently then that I am the bridesmaid and hell I would kidnap the Groom if he dared proceed marrying my bestie without me.😆

Edited by TheBrat - 11 years ago
palindrome thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheBrat

Isn't it one of the pains of growing up? That we tend to care too much about our career and too less about relations? Does the forgetfulness of an important day of your best friend supposed to be a flaunting line to show how busy you are with your own life, how focused you are in earning shitty bucks?
If it is so, I am glad that I weren't there, I am glad that she messaged a sappy line to her friend because sappy or not, the underlying care and truthfulness is what matters and that is there behind that sappy line.
PS: On a lighter note, there is a pet line between me and my bestie that she wouldn't marry unless I am there for her wedding, for which my mom used to say that "You aren't the groom. How come the wedding won't happen without you?" I replied to her patiently then that I am the bridesmaid and hell I would kidnap the Groom if he dared proceed marrying my bestie without me.😆

So you found it..
You know you and zarin are main reasons behind this piece..
I read zarin's comment and your reply on "WOL's" thread..and it made me add this experience here..😊
Yay, if only our random talks could invoke you into writing this, we would talk talk and talk forever.*Says with a hand on her heart and sighs dreamily*
PS: I am your stalker. How could I miss this?
palindrome thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheBrat

Yay, if only our random talks could invoke you into writing this, we would talk talk and talk forever.*Says with a hand on her heart and sighs dreamily*
PS: I am your stalker. How could I miss this?

Thanks..😊
we are stalking each other btw...😆
and she did not text that sappy line to her bestie though she wanted to do so...
Oopsie. Can I borrow her phone to press the send button once? Rofl