Bigger stars for smaller roles - not a good idea.

flipfl0p thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I understand when RSSI TRPs were dipping, they took the decision of taking in Sukriti. She might have felt, nothing to loose. (Not much work. She can look glamorous and roam around in London). But each star come with their own set of fans, who would have unreasonable expectation. They want the story to revolve mainly on Ranveer and Jazz instead of Daljeet and Sahiba who are the main lead. Sahiba's character is continuously blamed because, she is not in love with Ranveer's character which is played by Ashish who is a bigger star. With this kind of pressures, the whole theme gets hijacked.

As far as acting is concerned, Ashish excels in his part. One side as a caring son in law, other side as a obsessed lover who can be cunning, he performs both efficiently. Kannan does not have a strong screen presence. But so far his character demanded him to be sober, so it was fine. Question is, can he change that image. Sahiba can emote well while showing fighting spirit (with her father in law). But in romantic scenes she pales and delivers the dialogue like a news reader. But she is definitely one of the prettiest faces in TV.
Edited by usrfan - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sakshi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lovely post dear,even i am agree that in rssi  both ashish & suku are big star but doing smaller role...they both are very good actors,being ashish's fan even i am disappointed,but at the end of the day...i think it is ashish who choose to do such role...& he is doing great even in bad role..
ashish_suku thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i totally agree with you...but both ashish & suku are such a talented actor that they can create wonders even in one minute scenes...great actors never need great script...they can create magic even in bad script as in rssi ashish is getting more appericiation,even he is playing negative character