Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*~*~*Kank Fanclub*~*~*~*

Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
😆 Hello guys!!!

Well it seems that many of us are well whats the word intrigued to see KANK 😛 ...for good reasons or bad...therefore it made sense to make a KANK fanclub...well fanclub is a strong word 😳 ...as it hasnt released yet but lets say discussion place... 😉

So here u can talk about what u are lking forward to about KANK 😕 ...post articles relating to it or pictures frm the film... 😃

Let me start of...do u think the actors in the film are fit and suitable?? 😊

Luv niya 😳

*~Members~*
                              Sumesh
                             Blue rose
                               Niya
                                   Tansha
Edited by niya - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumesh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yup me in too...

Yes Actors are suitable for this film !!!

I had a post related to thsi in music corner too !!!

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=310717
sumesh thumbnail
Great tunes from KANK

source : http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/jun/16kank.htm

Rani Mukerji and SRK in KANKKaran Johar, with his penchant for big and bigger, has managed another cast evoking enthusiasm among filmgoers. Grandly set in the striking metropolis of New York City, Kabhi Alvida Ne Kehna promises to be worth the price of admission. upposedly inspired by Mike Nichols' Closer, it features Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukerji and Preity Zinta, and is set for an August 11 release.

Now for the music. It comes from the trio of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, who previously helmed the popular score for Johar's Kal Ho Naa Ho.

With everything about this film creating so much excitement and anticipation, you are almost nervous to push the play button. What if it turns out to be a huge disappointment?

Fortunately, this fear is short-lived. The music is delightful.

The tender play of flute and piano lends a gentle touch to tracks that are poignant in nature. The music directors go all out on the dance numbers with a spicy chorus and rhythmic percussions.

The album opens with the title track -- melodramatic, melancholic, opulent and everything else a Karan Johar film stands for, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is touching.

Uplifting and lively, the dazzling vibes of Mitwa belong to the genre of Euphoria's Mairi and Junoon's Sayonee. The synthesis of Fuzon vocalist Shafqat Amanat Ali, Shankar Mahadevan and Caralisa's voices with Javed Akhtar's compelling lyrics results in wonderful, rousing music. The remixed or revisited version (as the album states) by Sel and Indrajit Sharma with its escalated tempo and feverish temper is zippy. Very zippy.

Still more adrenalin is pumped via techno track Where's The Party Tonight. Its funky and infectious beats ensure this one's going to enjoy a lot of airplay at radio stations, nightclubs and iPods. Comparisons to It's the Time to Disco are inevitable, although the track is structured differently.

Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik's silvery rendition blends seamlessly with the dreamy poetry and comforting tunes of Tumhi dekho naa. The true beauty of this romantic duet lies in its unadorned appeal.

Jilted lovers voice their grievances through the medium of bhangra rock. Rock 'n' roll Soniye is fabulously spirited and flamboyantly composed, but catchy just the same. In Farewell Trance, DJ Shane combines the KANK theme with breezy electronic arrangement to create some soulful impact. Neat stuff.

Creative, emotional and vivacious -- the Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna album is a treat for the melody-starved.

Rediff Rating:

sumesh thumbnail
Sony BMG MD - 7 Lac Audio Units Of K.A.N.K. For Overseas !

According to Shridhar Subramaniam , Managing Director, Sony BMG India , " 7 lac units of the 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' audio have been dispatced to the Overseas market , as per the first target ." He said this to India's leading news channel NDTV .

As may be recalled , the audio launch of Karan Johar's magnum opus starring Amitabh Bachchan , Shah Rukh Khan , Abhishek Bachchan , Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji was held in London on 12th June , 4 days before it hit the stores in India India . The second audio launch was held at the seventh I.I.F.A in Dubai , last Friday .

Sridhar also revealed the 30 lac sales figure of the 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' audio over the years . Well , we already knew that Sridhar , but thanks for confirming it for the sake of doubting peeps !

Source: http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayArticle.php?id=0618060 80308
sumesh thumbnail
SRK's sensitive side in KANK

SRKAfter making inroads in Britain and the US, Indian films are now becoming popular in France, Germany and Poland, Shah Rukh Khan claims.

The Bollywood hearthrob, who was in London for the music release of his new film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, told newsmen that the film is scheduled to release on August 11. It will have French sub-titles.

Directed by Karan Johar, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna is a story of two relationships of marriage, disappointment and ultimately betrayal.

Khan says the theme of the film  -- extra-marital relations -- shows 'a sign of maturity of the director'. Till now Khan has only featured in more old-fashioned love stories like Dil To Paagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Veer-Zaara.

"It is a great story, with great music," he says.

Asked whether Bollywood directors produced films with NRIs in mind, Johar says, "We are an emotional lot of people and we produce films for Indians, whether in India or abroad."

Set in New York, the story revolves around the relationship between Dev (Khan) and Maya (Rani Mukherji). They are both married to different people. Dev is married to Priya (Preity Zinta) and Maya is married to Rishi (Abhishek Bachchan). However, when Dev and Maya meet, the shortfalls of their respective marriages become more apparent as they realise that they are perfect for each other. The film also stars Amitabh Bachchan.

Asked whether he planned to work in Hollywood films, Khan says, "I have not been offered any Hollywood roles. I feel proud of those Indian actors and actresses who have been offered Hollywood roles."

On the song and dance routine in the film, he says, "I love the fact that Karan and (choreographer) Farah Khan always stretch my dancing skills, and create scenes that are so vibrant and colourful in all the films we have done together.

"The mood of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna is very different -- it's very sensitive in some scenes and very exuberant in others. The soundtrack and the dances will take you on a parallel roller coaster to that of the film and the characters."

Johar says, "Many people view the music and dance in Bollywood films as purely incidental. I believe that the music is integral to a film, and for me, it is developed very closely within the structure of the film."

Source : http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/jun/13srk.htm
sumesh thumbnail
When Abhishek yelled at Rani

Shah Rukh KhanKabhi Alvida Na Kehna is a story about broken relationships. The trailer, in typical Kabhi Khushi Khabie Gham style, opens introducing us to our couples -- Shah Rukh Khan-Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan-Rani Mukerji.

Both marriages are fast on the downward spiral. Abhishek yells at Rani, asking why his wife won't sleep with him. Rani snaps back that there's more to marriage than sharing a bed.

Preity tells Shah Rukh that he's taking out his failed career frustrations on his marriage, and that's sad. SRK, eyes brimming with tears, turns and asks, 'you know what's sadder? us.'

The couples are estranged, and interlinked -- their paths cross. And then there's Amitabh Bachchan, sharing some relationship wisdom as he wheezes from a hospital bed.

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, a typically larger-than-life Karan Johar film, seems filled with heavy dialogues, tons of melodrama, and overdone emotions galore. And we all know how the Bollywood audience loves that.

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is slated to release in August.

Source : http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/may/29kank.htm?q=mbp&fi le=.htm

sumesh thumbnail

I'm proud of 'Kabhi Alvida...' music: Karan Johar

The most awaited music soundtrack of the season is going to be out and filmmaker Karan Johar can't stop humming.

At a time when Himesh Reshammiya rules the roost, will Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy score with their music in Johar's "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" (KANK)?

"I am very proud of my music in 'KANK'. This is the second time that Javed (Akhtar) saab and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have teamed up for a Dharma production. And this is by far the more difficult score," Johar told IANS. The film stars the father-son duo of Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji and Preity Zinta.

"You have to hear the words Javed saab has written for the title song. I get tears in my eyes every time I hear it but my favourite is 'Mitwa', an evocative ballad picturised on Shah Rukh. It just rips the screen apart.

"There's a dance number 'Where's the party tonight' filmed on Abhishek and a love duet 'Tum bhi deko na' filmed on Shah Rukh and Rani. Our effort is to take my music ahead of 'K3G' ('Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham') and 'Kal Ho Naa Ho'."

In an unprecedented departure from filmdom's protocol, Johar has decided to release the soundtrack overseas first.

On June 16, the soundtrack will be released for the Indian market at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards in Dubai.

"That's indeed true. The music for 'KANK' was released in London for the overseas market on June 12 by Shah Rukh. I was only too glad for this coincidence because Shah Rukh is the single-most vital component of my life and creativity."

On the June 16 Indian release, "Amit-ji (Amitabh Bachchan), Abhishek, Rani and Preity will do the needful there", he said.

Source : http://www.webindia123.com/movie/gosips/na150606.htm

sumesh thumbnail
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna

Source :- http://www.bollyvista.com/article/a/31/6734/1/

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Credits
 Producer/s:  Dharma Productions / Hiroo Yash Johar
 Director:  Karan Johar
 Music:  Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy ('Farewell Trance' by DJ Shane & 'Mitwa Revisited' by SEL and Indrajit Sharma)
 Lyrics:  Javed Akhtar
 Vocals:  Alka Yagnik, Caralisa, Loy, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Shaan, Shankar Mahadevan, Shweta Pandit, Shafqat Amanat Ali, Sonu Nigam and Vasundhra Das
 Label:  Sony BMG
We welcome you to the most thorough music review of one of the most awaited movies of the second half of 2006; Karan Johar's 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna'. It comes from one of the biggest production houses, that has in the recent past given us 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' (both directed by Karan), 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' (directed by Nikhil Advani) and 'Kaal' (directed by Soham Shah). As the music of all the four was grand, apart from of course the movies (barring 'Kaal'), the expectations from 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' assume mammoth proportions.

Before we analyze the 7-tracks, there are two things that one notices. The bonus feature which is 'KANK- The First Look' (playable only on a PC) and Karan Johar's inspiration behind making the movie (His first after his father Yash Johar's demise in 2004).

Titled 'Director's Note', it goes like this:

There are three kinds of married people. First, there are those whose marriages are arranged. I've never quite understood that, but 'I'm sure they know what they're doing. Then there are those who fall in love and marry their soul mates. These few, I believe are the most fortunate people in the world. And lastly, there are those couples that marry for their parents, for money or play it safe and marry a friend. These are the most unfortunate ones in the world ... and they don't even know it. Until one day, riding the fast train of life they run into their soul mate and are faced with the hardest question of all. What do you do when you meet the love of your life and you're married to someone else? What do you do? What do you do?

Back to what we are here for, let us listen to the first song or more appropriately the title track, 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna', featuring Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik. Soft piano notes begin the proceedings, as Sonu croons to Javed Akhtar's mind-blowing lyrics -

"Tumko bhi hai khabar, Mujhko bhi hai pata, Ho raha hai juda, Dono ka raasta door jaake bhi mujhse, Tum meri yaadon mein rehna, Kabhi alvida na kehna, Kabhi alvida Naa kehna." Alka soon join hands and the two make one float in ecstasy as the music (simple and melodious) and lyrics (simple and effective) combine to become a lethal, intoxicating and a heady mix.

There is no doubt that the title track in discussion surpasses that of 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' (though it may open a Pandora's box!) in more ways than one. Sonu is more seasoned and professional here and the lyrics, though conveying separation don't become morose. One does get a lump in the throat. So for the emotional type, please have your tissues ready at hand. And we have added that bit so that we aren't blamed of (not) cautioning the listeners!

All good things must come to an end and so let us move on to 'Mitwa', a track that has been loved, even by Karan's detractors! Featuring Shafqat Amanat Ali, Shankar Mahadevan and Caralisa. Soft guitar/'veena' strokes and Caralisa singing "Love will find a way", welcomes Shafqat Amanat Ali (lead vocalist of Pakistani band Fuzon) with his magical voice singing "Jaaniye, Heeriye, Mere man ye bata de tu, kis ore chala hai tu, Kya paya nahin tune, Kya dhoond raha hai tu ... Mitwa, Kahey dhadkanein tujh se kya, Mitwa, Ye khud se to na tu chupa." It is a soul searching song, that implores the main protagonist not be indecisive/dual minded and go ahead and do what the heart and mind wants!

Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan, son of Ustad Amanat Ali Khan, is one of Pakistan's most distinguished classical pop vocalists and shows why he is what he is, with a stunning rendition (in the company of the highly talented Shankar Mahadevan). At times they combine so well that it becomes difficult to distinguish between the two (especially during the crescendo).

To sum it up, 'Mitwa' is a fusion of Western
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
instruments/orchestra with traditional Indian instruments like 'sitar' and 'veena'. A true 'East-meets-West' composition, trying to follow the path of Yehudi Menuhin-Pt. Ravi Shankar collaboration of the 60s.

The start of 'Mitwa Revisited' (SEL & Indrajit Sharma) is somewhat different from 'Mitwa. This version is obviously pacier. But SEL and Indrajit have not played around with the voice of Shafqat Amanat Ali, though Shankar Mahadevan's classical 'alaaps ' have somewhat been turned to semi-broken vocals. The beauty of the original remains intact, though we prefer 'Mitwa' to 'Mitwa Revisited'!

After two stunning masterpieces we run into the youthful, rhythmic and racy 'Where's The Party Tonight'. The dance floor number commences like a typical UK Indi-Pop composition but Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy take over and do their own thing. Sung with gusto by Shaan, Vasundhra Das and the lesser heard of the SEL trio Loy Mendosa (in a semi-rap style). Shankar Mahadevan does add his bit with a slightly classical 'O Sajna', more in the background. Javed Akhtar, shows his versatility as his English lyrics go "Dance with me baby, won't you dance with me all night, won't you party, party, party..." The song embodies the spirit and the lifestyle of today's youths and as it has been picturized on Abhishek Bachchan, it will definitely appeal to the target audience. Some would like us to compare it to 'It's The Time To Disco" ('Kal Ho Naa Ho'), well they are two different composition, though for similar situations. But parallels should not be drawn.

Once again we move to a soulful, sedate, piano dominated number 'Tumhi Dekho Na'. The entire team of the lyricist, composers and singers (Sonu and Alka) are in top form in this soft romantic number. The song will appeal more and more with each subsequent hearing, as the simplicity and beauty of Javed Akhtar's lyrics (combined beautifully with SEL's background bead sounds), "Tumhi dekho na, Yeh kya ho gaya, Tumhara hoon main, Aur tum meri, Main hairaan hoon, Tumhein kya kahoon, Yeh din mein hui kaise chandni."

The talented trio of 'Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy' gave us the rocking 'Kajra Re' in 2005 and they are back, with another rocking composition, appropriately titled 'Rock 'N' Roll Soniye', rendered by Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan and Mahalaxmi Iyer. Finally, the song featuring the megastar Amitabh Bachchan is here! The hilarious, yet melodious composition, incorporates lyrics from yesteryear hits like "Sar par topi laal, Haath mein resham ka rumaal, Ho tera kya kehna" ('Tumsa Nahin Dekha' - 1957). It may well be Javed Akhtar's tribute to the original lyricist, the late Majrooh Sultanpuri! All in all, it is a fun 'n' frolic number that will cheer up Karan Johar's intense drama and will come during the lighter moments of 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna'.

The album concludes on a very sombre mood with 'Farewell Trance' (by DJ Shane), featuring Shweta Pandit and Caralisa. While trance mix is quite popular in the West, it is a new
 concept for India, though it has some presence in Goa. It can be classified as sort of semi-instrumental version of mainly the title track 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna'. The track commences with soft 'jaltarang' and crackling thunder sounds and later some pacy lovely piano notes, orchestra, woodwinds, bass guitar and flute takes over. The pace is breathtaking but the piano dominates! Caralisa appears with some profound thoughts - "No distance is too great, for your memory to live on ... you and I will live on in our dreams ... Never say goodbye." Shweta is mainly for background crooning. A very haunting piece indeed that is quite different from the usual so-called instrumentals, though this one is more of a trance mix, as we have already specified.

On the whole, the 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' album is notch above 'Kal Ho Naa Ho', slightly better than 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' but a shade below the audio of 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'.

Why it scores over the other recent biggies like 'Fanaa' and 'Krrish' (that our friends have accused us of bringing down!) is due to three simple reasons. All the 7-tracks are original, the compositions and the quality is consistently good throughout the album and not restricted to just a couple of tracks. Last but not the least, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have not rehashed their own tunes. Grab it and watch it owning the charts before the month of June ends!

Rating: 8.5/10

blue rose thumbnail
cool im in! 😊
yep all the actors are fit for the roles 😛
Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
😆 Wow soo many articles...tres cool....