for all delena fans. (stelena fans too)

Ayuzawa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Okay so now I have read a lot about how everyone wants delena to work out and are calling Stefan selfish. Since I have read so many delena fans opinion so I would appreciate it if all of you read my entire opinion. I am not criticizing any of the characters just placing my observation so please be patient and don't bash me even if you happen to not like some part of it. You can tell me about it in comments but no foul language.

Okay so here it goes.

Point 1:

Somehow everyone seems to think that Damon is Elena's true love. And that now suddenly she loves him because she had always loved him all along. And that it has nothing to do with the sire bond.

My opinion;

Okay now let's see.

1st of all let's get the story of TVD straight and in brief.

Elena meets Stefan. Stefan is the one who saved her life and is 1st interested in her because she looks like Katherine. They fall in love. Now comes Damon. Interested in Elena but in love with Katherine. Later he finds out that Katherine couldn't care less about him so he gets over her and in the process falls for Elena. But then Elena starts caring for him. Then Stefan leaves town and goes with Klaus and so Elena falls for Damon. Then she has to make a choice and chooses Stefan. But then she dies and wakes up as a vampire. Breaks up with Stefan and gets into a relationship with Damon. But then we come to know that she is sired to Damon.

Now tell me all along she has loved Stefan more then she loved Damon but suddenly how can she be so much in love with Damon that she is ready to give up Stefan completely? Does it even make sense?

So now if you think that Damon is Elena's true love then why did she choose to go to Stefan in the last episode of season 3? I mean no matter how grateful you are to someone you can never choose that person over someone you love the most in their last moments. So she wanted to say goodbye to Stefan in person and she gave up the chance to do the same with Damon. Doesn't that clearly point out her favoured preference among the Salvatore brothers?

And now please don't say that she chose Stefan because she was human as we all know that becoming a vampire just heightens ones feelings. So if you say that her love for Damon was heighten than her love for Stefan should also increase. In fact since she loved Stefan more she should still love Stefan more. But right now it rather seems like she almost only loves Damon so how can it be anything other than sire bond. I mean having sex with him just after the break up with Stefan?

Now of course it can be argued that Elena from the beginning had stronger feelings for Damon and she chose Stefan because she thought she had met him first or that because he saved her. Okay true Elena didn't remember meeting Damon 1st but how does that make anything different. She had not even remembered her and Stefan's first meeting when Stefan saved her which has a much larger impact then her and Damon's first meeting. And now don't say that she met him 1st so she loves him more. Come on her love can't be so cheap that it is distributed on 1st come 1st serve basis. If so then both Damon and Stefan should go find someone else. Stefan got Elena because he is good. Just because Damon does something good it doesn't make him a better person then Stefan. I mean I love Damon but think about it. If Damon was near Wicker Bridge that day and like Stefan he did not know that Elena who looks like Katherine is in the car under water unlike Stefan Damon wouldn't have jumped into the water to save a human life. That one good thought that one good deed was returned to Stefan in form of Elena's love.

Point 2

Damon being a better brother compared to Stefan.

Now this I cannot understand. I mean I personally find it extremely hard to choose who is a better brother among the Salvatore's. And just a few times I am inclined to Stefan. Stefan gave up his humanity his freedom and Elena and went with Klaus in exchange for Damon's life. Again when he was in his darkest form and nothing could switch on his humanity he let the chance to his freedom and a perfect opportunity to kill Klaus go and saved Klaus' life again to save Damon. Damon killed his best friend and was literally doing everything in his power to make Stefan's life miserable but Stefan put up with it and even forgave Damon for it. Yes even Damon has gone through great lengths for Stefan but is it enough to call him a better brother?

And of course many think that had Damon been in the same situation as Stefan he would have done the same things and given up Elena when she genuinely loves him and his freedom may be you are right. But the chances of this are low. Damon gave up on Stefan when he turned to a ripper but Elena didn't. And then Stefan saved him from one of the hybrids and then Damon realizes that he shouldn't give up on Stefan because Stefan would never give up on him. But still all this while and even later when Stefan comes back Damon still tries to win Elena "fair and square". And his happiness is when he kisses Elena is greater than his guilt that he kissed his brother's girlfriend who by the way happens to have just given up a lifetime opportunity to kill Klaus to save his life.

About Stefan asking Damon give Elena back if you think that it is unfair and selfish. Well hasn't Damon trying to win Elena from the beginning from Stefan? Is that justified? Now she has feelings for Damon but why?

Point 3

Stefan doesn't love Elena now that she is a vampire.

That's not true. Stefan doesn't like being a vampire. He sees himself as a monster so he is hurt that now the one he loves will also have to suffer the way he did. Whereas Damon loves being a vampire as he is strong. So he doesn't mind that Elena is a vampire. As for Damon saving matt 1st it doesn't mean that he doesn't love Elena enough. True Damon would have not listened to Elena and saved her 1st but then what? Damon would have done that on impulse the way he fed her his blood before Klaus killed her. Stefan on the other hand understands her and knows what kind of guilt she would go through if matt had died when he could be saved for her. When Bonnie's mom had been turned to save Elena's life he had seen the guilt she went through. This doesn't prove that Damon loves her more it just means that Stefan thinks more than Damon.

Well don't get me wrong. As I said before I love Damon. I love his impulsive behaviour, the way he loves his taunts everything but it's just that somewhere we are being unfair to Stefan's character. Poor guy. Think after the way he reacted to Elena kissing Damon what he will go through about them having sex. And he is always so fair. He even sent Damon and Elena together to get Jeremy so that Elena would figure out her feelings for him and was ready to let go of her if she chose Damon.

And personally I don't like Elena now. I mean she is a good character but the thing is I always feel that she makes demons life duller. I mean she makes him a better person but she makes him more what's the word, not fun may be. She is good and that's why she would always be with Stefan. Like I said no matter what we want it's always going to be Stefan. And now I kind of want her to not be with Damon because I want Damon to have something different and someone better. I mean someone opposite to him the way Klaus found Caroline.  Means the moment I saw klaroline I was like damn wish Damon would find someone like that. Elena and Damon clash because of their values and beliefs. She has strong values he doesn't have any. So it makes for an interesting love but eventually everyone wants a stable relationship. To be sure of what your partner thinks so that's the reason Elena will always eventually choose Stefan because she has enough unpredictable happening in other aspects of her life to be emotionally on the andreline rush.

In fact I want Damon to have a girl who is the best probably a witch because he doesn't seem to like them much who will entirely love him and not always be so confused about who she wants to be with. It will for her always be Damon. Someone really beautiful, blond who can be at par with his handsomeness. Someone as strong as him who he can consider his equal and respect her decisions rather than laugh at them.

Someone naughty and cool like Katherine and Rebekah, full of light and joy like Caroline, good and understanding like lexi and rose, always helpful like bonnie, trusting like Jenna. Bubbly and funny who can fill his life with laughter who he can tease and have fun with and laugh genuinely and wholeheartedly. Seriously he deserves that much after all the darkness he has seen and suffered. I just want him to have someone awesome and of course for him to fall for her. No use if there is nothing on his side. Because he has a tendency of loving girls for a really…really…really long time. 145 years for Katherine well that speaks for itself.

On the lighter note though Well if this continues I don't know about some vampire, werewolf, ghost or hybrid killing Elena but eventually she will surely die of a heart attack after she becomes a human again which of course she will be because it seems that everyone in mystic falls has the full time job of saving her and if she doesn't become a human again how will everyone go back to saving her.πŸ˜‰

I hope I have not hurt anyone's sentiment. If I have I am sorry. I didn't mean to I was just expressing my view. If anyone has to add anything or contradict something I said please do so in the comments below but no angry language. If by chance after reading this you are angry then don't comment now but after sometime when you cool down.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
OMG! First of all, you surely deserve a clap πŸ‘ for typing this much. πŸ˜› I don't know which ship you are sailing. BUT, I will be direct.

1. Damon and Elena - Their relationship is not the one when boy see girl. Boy is handsome. Girl is pretty and now...Yay! Let's fall in love coz you are the coolest boy in the college. And the way you said entire story about Delena, I feel like you only knew this like if you have read their story on Wiki. Their story started from hate, from extreme hatred to caring, from caring to friendship and from friendship to love. They literally hated each other. And then they started caring for each other. They became friends. They have deep level of understanding. They have seen each other's dark side first. And then there were feelings involved. It was not something initiated 'At First Sight' It was a development, like making wall by each brick, one by one. It was not 'I-Fell-Instantly-for-him' It was a journey. And they were always together whether love was there between them or not. Damon and Elena - Its not the self proclamation of 'I-Love-Yous' everyday and being EPIC everyday, it was in look. It was in gestures, it was in those little moments they shared. Beauty of their relation is in silent promises, vows to take care of each other. Another thing. Elena herself admitted that she had feelings for him. And you know one thing, Damon and Elena were mostly best friends in season 3. And BE IT WHATEVER, but if I have a boyfriend, then I would never kiss my best friend unless I have strong feeling for him. And not just sympathy kiss, or friendly kiss or caring type of kiss but a fire brand, passionate and romantic the one whom you should give it to your boyfriend before ending in his bed. πŸ˜† She kissed him out of those suppressed feelings, on her own, if I may add.

So. Damon and Elena. Not few days flick, they were in for long run, and they were in developing, they were growing, they were being with each, even without knowing the feeling they had for each other. Elena loved Damon, its entirely different thing that she never accepted that and hid it in 'I-Care-For-You' speech. And I think, Elena chose Stefan for mainly two reasons. 1. Safety. 2. Loyalty. Elena is extremely and annoyingly loyal person, she stuck with Stefan in season 3 even though he did not wanted her to. He did not even fought for her, he gave up and Elena had to fight. So her choosing Stefan in finale was safe and loyal thing. Yep, there was love too. Coz, Elena's first love is Stefan. The one everyone has in college. Elena cried a river for letting Damon go. Why? She chose Stefan. She would have been happy. If she was so much in love when why even call Damon? There was something. I beg to differ. And at this stage, I think Delena can have stable relationship, too. I mean Damon has literally changed a lot. He was always a better man, Elena just broke his wall, coz of all his hurt and rejection he always got. And you think SE will have stable relationship. Stefan becomes Ripper every thirty years or so. Be it with Elena or alone. So, even if SE stays together, somewhere down the line, Stefan will spend 30 or more years being Ripper while Elena will wait at home. πŸ˜† And after 4X06, I think SE will never be together again. Coz, they lack an understanding. (My view, I am not forcing anyone to believe it. I am just saying it)

Forgive me, if you don't agree. BUT. I am the one DE Shipper who has loved Delena and believed in Delena from the moment they met. From that gentleman kiss on the back of her palm. I believe in Delena deeply. And after 3 long seasons, after amazing relation from hate to care, care to friendship and friendship to an understanding and that understanding to LOVE, I got Delena. So, no matter what. I will never stop believing in them. And I do feel that their love is REAL, whether 'EPIC' or not but they have something very REAL and DEEP.

2. I have always believed that Damon is better than Stefan. Not coz they save each other lives and all. Individually talking. Damon is a better person, of course, if you care to look at his inner side, and not just his acts. My problem with Stefan is not that he is a bad guy. He is. And Everyone is. Damon and Stefan are no good persons. Both have their fair share of doing bad things in life. BUT. Damon is honest. While Stefan is one who is hypocrite. He keeps thinking that he is GOOD for Elena. Who says that?  I hate that when he can look into Damon's eye and tell him that how he is the bad guy and how he is wrong for Elena. Fine. Its his hypocrisy all the time that piss me off. And have you noticed something from all seasons? Stefan always choose to fight for Elena when he has to fight with Damon for her, or someone kidnaps Elena. Otherwise, he is always ready with the master plan called 'I-Respect-Your-Choice-Elena' I agree with a huge heart that Stefan has saved Damon's life. And I am so grateful for that. He gave everything to Klaus to save his brother. I liked that very much and I respected him. BUT. After they found him, everything was fine, and he went into 'Taking Revenge With Klaus' mode and did everything wrong. Trying to kill Elena on the bridge? Really? So much for the 'EPIC' love. And Damon had saved Stefan's life so many times. Don't tell me that you don't know that unless you have not paid attention to. In season 1 only when he claimed that he was there for destroying his life, he saved Stefan when tomb vampires kidnapped him. He could have easily choose not to save him at all. He saved his life from Klaus at the dinner. He could have let them burnt his hand and then his entire body, who cared? Stefan was being a jerk at that time, too. BUT he saved him. You know there is not question about Defan being there for each other. Their brother bonding is really very strong. And even I like Stef when he is with Damon to kill common enemies. Defan is never a question. It should not even be a question to debate. The question should be based on Individual personality of the brothers and not on the brotherhood. Defan is the base of the show. It is too strong for us to doubt. They will fight like dogs but at the end of the day, they will save each other. No Stefan is great saving Damon. Or Damon is great saving Stefan. Its EQUAL.

And how can you miss the biggest of them all? Damon saved Stefan from himself. Watch 3X16 and how he saved Stefan, get him back on the track. It was not Elena or Stelena's 'EPIC' love who brought him back, it was Damon and their brotherhood which brought him back. Watch the last scene. The most amazing and probably the BEST Defan scene EVER!

3. Well. Stefan does not love Elena as vampire. That's true. Stefan does love Elena, I agree. But he said, he can't watch her like that and she did not have to have this life. Well, that's beyond my understanding. If you are so guilty and all? Then you should have not listened to her in the river when she was dying. You could have dropped your master plan called 'I-Respect-Your-Choices-Elena' for a while. BUT. Main reason is that, Elena is Stefan's humanity. He wanted to save his humanity by Elena. We all know Stefan spends thirty years On/Off being Ripper and switching his humanity. He needs Elena as his humanity. Coz vampire Elena is a bad ass Elena, exact opposite to Stefan which is fun. Stefan and Fun, do not go together at all. πŸ˜† So he wants to save his humanity along with Elena's. This is my view, if you don't agree, FINE. Who cares now? We have Delena. I least care about Stefan now.

Oh. And Yes. Damon with another girl. Well, Bonnie. A BIG NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Bonnie hates him. If Elena was not Bonnie's friend, Bonnie would have killed Damon at the first chance she got. Bonnie can kill Damon with cold heart and not think twice about it. No way in hell, Bonnie and Damon. Gross. And besides, Damon is too charming for Bonnie.(Personally, I don't like Bonnie. She is the queen of land called, 'Judgmental Planet' πŸ˜†) Rose was fine. But she is DEAD. Even Andie was fine. But she is DEAD. Caroline and Damon...NO. Caroline is better with Klaus. Damon can only look better with Elena.They have undying chemistry, passion and spark. 😳

Woah. Enough. I am tired from typing now! πŸ˜† I like your points, I respect your points, at least one of the SE fans(My Guess) can talk without saying DE sucks, without making DE a cheap joke, and blah blah blah. 😳 It was nice reading your points. And discussing it without cursing DE or SE. πŸ˜†

Edited by iMadz - 11 years ago
katherine123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@iMadz very well replied...

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@TM...Agree with most of the point you said.
@iMadz... Have been reading your posts for a while.
I do agree with you on certain points
But what I would like to know from you is why do you call Stefan a hypocrite?
And I totally agree with you about DeFan.
Personally, I don't care which couple is the end game.
And yes! Sire bond, concept is stupid
(Here I was thinking only Indian Cv's could come up with stupidity)
Ayuzawa thumbnail
Originally posted by: iMadz

OMG! First of all, you surely deserve a clap πŸ‘ for typing this much. πŸ˜› I don't know which ship you are sailing. BUT, I will be direct.

1. Damon and Elena - Their relationship is not the one when boy see girl. Boy is handsome. Girl is pretty and now...Yay! Let's fall in love coz you are the coolest boy in the college. And the way you said entire story about Delena, I feel like you only knew this like if you have read their story on Wiki. Their story started from hate, from extreme hatred to caring, from caring to friendship and from friendship to love. They literally hated each other. And then they started caring for each other. They became friends. They have deep level of understanding. They have seen each other's dark side first. And then there were feelings involved. It was not something initiated 'At First Sight' It was a development, like making wall by each brick, one by one. It was not 'I-Fell-Instantly-for-him' It was a journey. And they were always together whether love was there between them or not. Damon and Elena - Its not the self proclamation of 'I-Love-Yous' everyday and being EPIC everyday, it was in look. It was in gestures, it was in those little moments they shared. Beauty of their relation is in silent promises, vows to take care of each other. Another thing. Elena herself admitted that she had feelings for him. And you know one thing, Damon and Elena were mostly best friends in season 3. And BE IT WHATEVER, but if I have a boyfriend, then I would never kiss my best friend unless I have strong feeling for him. And not just sympathy kiss, or friendly kiss or caring type of kiss but a fire brand, passionate and romantic the one whom you should give it to your boyfriend before ending in his bed. πŸ˜† She kissed him out of those suppressed feelings, on her own, if I may add.

So. Damon and Elena. Not few days flick, they were in for long run, and they were in developing, they were growing, they were being with each, even without knowing the feeling they had for each other. Elena loved Damon, its entirely different thing that she never accepted that and hid it in 'I-Care-For-You' speech. And I think, Elena chose Stefan for mainly two reasons. 1. Safety. 2. Loyalty. Elena is extremely and annoyingly loyal person, she stuck with Stefan in season 3 even though he did not wanted her to. He did not even fought for her, he gave up and Elena had to fight. So her choosing Stefan in finale was safe and loyal thing. Yep, there was love too. Coz, Elena's first love is Stefan. The one everyone has in college. Elena cried a river for letting Damon go. Why? She chose Stefan. She would have been happy. If she was so much in love when why even call Damon? There was something. I beg to differ. And at this stage, I think Delena can have stable relationship, too. I mean Damon has literally changed a lot. He was always a better man, Elena just broke his wall, coz of all his hurt and rejection he always got. And you think SE will have stable relationship. Stefan becomes Ripper every thirty years or so. Be it with Elena or alone. So, even if SE stays together, somewhere down the line, Stefan will spend 30 or more years being Ripper while Elena will wait at home. πŸ˜† And after 4X06, I think SE will never be together again. Coz, they lack an understanding. (My view, I am not forcing anyone to believe it. I am just saying it)

Forgive me, if you don't agree. BUT. I am the one DE Shipper who has loved Delena and believed in Delena from the moment they met. From that gentleman kiss on the back of her palm. I believe in Delena deeply. And after 3 long seasons, after amazing relation from hate to care, care to friendship and friendship to an understanding and that understanding to LOVE, I got Delena. So, no matter what. I will never stop believing in them. And I do feel that their love is REAL, whether 'EPIC' or not but they have something very REAL and DEEP.

2. I have always believed that Damon is better than Stefan. Not coz they save each other lives and all. Individually talking. Damon is a better person, of course, if you care to look at his inner side, and not just his acts. My problem with Stefan is not that he is a bad guy. He is. And Everyone is. Damon and Stefan are no good persons. Both have their fair share of doing bad things in life. BUT. Damon is honest. While Stefan is one who is hypocrite. He keeps thinking that he is GOOD for Elena. Who says that?  I hate that when he can look into Damon's eye and tell him that how he is the bad guy and how he is wrong for Elena. Fine. Its his hypocrisy all the time that piss me off. And have you noticed something from all seasons? Stefan always choose to fight for Elena when he has to fight with Damon for her, or someone kidnaps Elena. Otherwise, he is always ready with the master plan called 'I-Respect-Your-Choice-Elena' I agree with a huge heart that Stefan has saved Damon's life. And I am so grateful for that. He gave everything to Klaus to save his brother. I liked that very much and I respected him. BUT. After they found him, everything was fine, and he went into 'Taking Revenge With Klaus' mode and did everything wrong. Trying to kill Elena on the bridge? Really? So much for the 'EPIC' love. And Damon had saved Stefan's life so many times. Don't tell me that you don't know that unless you have not paid attention to. In season 1 only when he claimed that he was there for destroying his life, he saved Stefan when tomb vampires kidnapped him. He could have easily choose not to save him at all. He saved his life from Klaus at the dinner. He could have let them burnt his hand and then his entire body, who cared? Stefan was being a jerk at that time, too. BUT he saved him. You know there is not question about Defan being there for each other. Their brother bonding is really very strong. And even I like Stef when he is with Damon to kill common enemies. Defan is never a question. It should even be a question to debate. The question should be based on Individual personality of the brothers and not on the brotherhood. Defan is the base of the show. It is too strong for us to doubt. They will fight like dogs but at the end of the day, they will save each other. No Stefan is great saving Damon. Or Damon is great saving Stefan. Its EQUAL.

And how can you miss the biggest of them all? Damon saved Stefan from himself. Watch 3X16 and how he saved Stefan, get him back on the track. It was not Elena or Stelena's 'EPIC' love who brought him back, it was Damon and their brotherhood which brought him back. Watch the last scene. The most amazing and probably the BEST Defan scene EVER!

3. Well. Stefan does not love Elena as vampire. That's true. Stefan does love Elena, I agree. But he said, he can't watch her like that and she did not have to have this life. Well, that's beyond my understanding. If you are so guilty and all? Then you should have not listened to her in the river when she was dying. You could have dropped your master plan called 'I-Respect-Your-Choices-Elena' for a while. BUT. Main reason is that, Elena is Stefan's humanity. He wanted to save his humanity by Elena. We all know Stefan spends thirty years On/Off being Ripper and switching his humanity. He needs Elena as his humanity. Coz vampire Elena is a bad ass Elena, exact opposite to Stefan which is fun. Stefan and Fun, do not go together at all. πŸ˜† So he wants to save his humanity along with Elena's. This is my view, if you don't agree, FINE. Who cares now? We have Delena. I least care about Stefan now.

Oh. And Yes. Damon with another girl. Well, Bonnie. A BIG NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Bonnie hates him. If Elena was not Bonnie's friend, Bonnie would have killed Damon at the first chance she got. Bonnie can kill Damon with cold heart and not think twice about it. No way in hell, Bonnie and Damon. Gross. And besides, Damon is too charming for Bonnie.(Personally, I don't like Bonnie. She is the queen of land called, 'Judgmental Planet' πŸ˜†) Rose was fine. But she is DEAD. Even Andie was fine. But she is DEAD. Caroline and Damon...NO. Caroline is better with Klaus. Damon can only look better with Elena.They have undying chemistry, passion and spark. 😳

Woah. Enough. I am tired from typing now! πŸ˜† I like your points, I respect your points, at least one of the SE fans(My Guess) can talk without saying DE sucks, without making DE a cheap joke, and blah blah blah. 😳 It was nice reading your points. And discussing it without cursing DE or SE. πŸ˜†

well i applaud you for typing so much yourselfπŸ˜‰ (no offence). seriously i am not shipping anyone except klaus and caroline. seriously i don't get the whole point of why in the world both the salvatores are so crazy for elena. i mean i loved her but then somehow she is boring. she can't be fun. i find her making damon's life miserable infact. now that she is a vampire she has started to remind me of katherine. and again i never want damon to be treated again the way katherine treated him and his love. the thing is i have seen all the seasons and well you are right in the aspect of elena and damon's relationship. i never meant it is a casual one. sorry if it seemed like that. i was just pointing out how delena fans are completely ignoring the depth of stelena relationship.
1st of all i never denied the fact that elena had no feelings for damon. in season three she started caring and in the end loving him. and the hate aspect well elena hated him but damon never hated her. once as katherine pointed out that stefan has done the biggest mistake by leaving elena with damon. yes she cried when she called damon but there is one thing. nomatter how loyal or how strongly just you are you never turn your back on the one you love the most. elena had to make her choice in the final episode of season 3. if she had chose damon what difference would that make? both were dying. so at that moment how can anyone no matter how strong their reasons are can turn their back on the one they love the most. its impossible.
2nd as you said stefan got his humanity back for damon. so he holding on to elena is anything but to hold on to his humanity. and when he was about to drive elena over wickery bridge(very cursed bridge) he gave her his blood. so he wasn't going to kill. he was doing the same thing that damon had done before the ritual to break the werewolf curse on klaus. and as i said damon is perfectly okay with the fact that elena is a vampire now because he doesn't mind being a vampire himself. stefan on the other hand does not want her to go through the struggle of trying not to kill. he doesn't want her to feel that kind of guilt.
also stefan did not fight and chose the easy way out and didnt switch on his humanity because he felt that elena deserved better. and so he did not support damon too because he saw himself and damon as bad. but in the end his love for his brother was more then his logic to stay away from elena. so he started to feel again. he never fought with damon for elena in season 3 just mentioned that they both were not good enough for her. he left the choice to elena and elena in the end chose him.
and damon being honest well the way i see it damon enjoys the bad things he does. stefan doesn't. so he suffers and tries to be good. thats his compassion. both are bad but stefan tries to be good for elena. whereas damon likes being the bad guy as he said himself. he tried being good but later he realized that what elena expects of him that is for him to be good is not possible.
as for stefan and damon saving eachother as in my post i meant that the bashing of stefan for being a selfish jerk is wrong. i never doubted damon's love for him. if damon didn't love him then he would not feel the tiniest guilt of wanting elena.
and okay damon and another girl well i wasn't pairing him up with anyone from the show. in the book damon and bonnie are kind of together but there bonnie is a lot fun. it hilarious to even think of them together in the show. they wouldn't last a day without one of them dying or maybe both. i meant someone who has all the qualities i mentioned there. and as for bonnie well i personally like her a lot because she is one person who is always helping all of them. she has saved almost everyone on that show. and yet people forget that everytime it is her who has to lose someone or the other to save one of her friends mostly elena. i kind of feel that she doesnt get the respect and value she deserves in the show. even elena knows that bonnie is the one always suffering but yet all of them still want her to continue helping them.

and as i said i am niether a stelena or delena fan. i used to be a delena fan. but  then i kind of started getting annoyed with elena's character. may be i am biased with respect to her. i am now only a damon and stefan fan. so i don't like anyone bashing either one of them. and recently i have become a klaroline fan. i am about to write a view about peoples raction to caroline in season 04x07. hope you read it.  anyways i liked you counter view if i may call it so. for a delena fan you have a lot of understanding. i respect that.
Edited by Ayuzawa - 11 years ago
Ayuzawa thumbnail
Originally posted by: FeistySoul

well thanks for mentioning it as i forgot to mention that. even i am curious about iMadz calling stefan a hypocryte. i quite didn't get that. and yeah even i don't care who wins stelena or delena as i have lost interest in them as long as no one bashes my damon and stefan.πŸ˜‰
and the sire bond concept, well the cvs didn't come up with that. its part of the original book and since they have followed the main parts of the book so they had to do it. 
rainfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Okay I read your entire post and from what I can tell for you the show is more about what they are saying but for me actions talk louder than words.  Here is why:

1) Damon and Elena :
I know the biggest point that all SE fans use is that E picked S at the end of season 3 so ofcourse that would mean she loves him more.  But didn anyone see the way she picked stefan?  Did you see the way she was looking at Damon in 3x19?  It was like she was holding something in for a long time and just for that one minute she couldn hold it in any longer which scared the heck out of her.(once burned twice shy)  In the next episode when she went to the dance with Stefan I knew she would pick him because after losing almost everyone she loved in her life she was not ready to love like that again.  Its easier to be with someone safe, who if he does hurt you, you can survive it.  Elena doesn look at Stefan the way she looks at Damon, which says it all.

And trust me (if you dont already know) if Love is not all consuming than you are not doing it right πŸ˜†.  But its really scary to love someone that much because they have the power to hurt you like no one can.

After she became a vampire, she remembered all the things Damon compelled her to forget.  And that probably made her realize just how much he loves her.  When he stuck around even when she rejected him also showed her that she could trust him to not hurt her no matter what happens.  So she accepted what she actually felt and as soon as she did this, you can see from episode 4x06 ending, 4x07 and 4x08, she looks peaceful and happy.

If it was just sire bond than how come Tyler still stayed with Caroline after he was turned.  How come he didn "forget" his love?

2) Damon and Stefan:
I absolutely love this bromance!  These brothers love each other so much.  But the reason why I like Damon is because the one thing I cant stand in anyone is hypocrisy.  Stefan loves Damon but the way he likes to feel like a better person is by putting Damon down.  Lets face it, neither one of them are saints and both would do anything to save the other.  But Damon never rubs Stefan's mistakes in his face.    He owns his mistakes, instead of blaming his actions and mistakes on anyone else.  For me thats what makes him a better man.

3) The reason why everyone is thinking Stefan doesn love Elena as a Vampire is because of his own actions.  No matter how much he claims to love her and is doing this for "her own good", Elena is an adult who can make her own decisions.  So, Stefan owes it to her to at least ask her what she wants instead of making decisions for her.  Right now all Elena wants is to keep her brother (her only living relative) safe, so what gives Stefan the right to put him in danger so he can "save" Elena.  If he really loves Elena he would know that she would hate herself if her brother got hurt because of her. 

4) Sleeping with Damon right after the breakup:
Honestly from what I could tell, they didn plan it.  They didn go out on a date, didn plan to seduce each other or any such thing.  In fact when she had no where to go, she came to the one place that became her second home, for comfort.  What happened after that was spontaneous and beautiful!  And it would have happened in 3x19 if jeremy had not interrupted πŸ˜†.  Its because they have denied themselves for so long that now that they are free they couldn stop themselves.  Its the same thing as when someone is starving for ages and then sees food for the first time.

Sorry about the long post but I liked your discussion style so I thought I will put my two cents in 😳

@Imadz:  awesome reply!
Edited by rainfire - 11 years ago
iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: FeistySoul

Well. I have said enough on Stefan from like forever. I already said it, he can look into Damon's eye and tell him that he is wrong for her. And what you are boy? He just will never accept that he is as bad as Damon. He thinks he is the best for Elena. He deserves Elena. And he is always ready to become a good guy in front of everyone. I don't like that. At all. And the selfishness of his clearly shown in that one scene from 408. He said first that Damon loves Elena as much I do. And he could never ever be selfish with her. Fine. I was like finally boy realized but Damon was NEVER selfish with her, to begin with. BUT in immediate next sentence he said, I hope he does the right thing by letting her go. I can't even imagine to do that. SO WHAT? Your love is love and what is Damon's love?

Well. You know. I don't even wanna justify anything. Stefan may be good but I can never respect for him for what he thinks about Damon. I just don't. There are some persons whom you just don't like. Stefan is one of them.

And

@ TM,

Oh. You should have told me before that you are neither DE or SE fan. I would not even explain. When we are not even SE or DE fan then why should we care? I mean, whoever the hell Elena end up with. πŸ˜† So. I rest my case, knowing the fact that you hate Elena and you don't ship DE anymore. What's the point, now? Chill. πŸ˜Š And, You ship Klaroline? Well. Me too. 😳 I have always loved the bad guy and good girl love story where there are conflicts of principles and values. Whether you wanna believe it or not, but Klaroline and Delena have so much in common. Just that when it comes to Klaroline, I am confused coz I like Care, I like Klaus, and I like Ty too. While in DE vs SE, it was simple. DE. It was like DE vs DE. SE was never that impressive couple for me. It was just simple, regular two young college going person in love. (That's my personal view, I never intend to hurt any SE shippers here)

P.S. Did I declare my secret wish? I am patiently waiting for the day WHEN/IF Caroline falls for Klaus and choose Klaus and then, at that moment, I will scream at her. Coz, from her point of view, Elena falling for Damon is 'Urgh!' and then I will ask that amazing question, "What you do with Klaus is love? And What Elena does is, what? Sire bond? Or Lust?" I mean WOW! Coz, Damon and Klaus both are bad ass (Oh. And I love Damon and I like Klaus.) BUT. That does not mean I hate her. I so so like Caroline. But, sometimes she can be hypocrite too! 😳

Edited by iMadz - 11 years ago
Voldemort033 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ok u luv stefan more...and i disagree wid u on almost every point, i think damon is way better than stefan, its just he doesn't show that! I like stefan too but i luv damon...I love damon coz he is very honest, deep character (may b dats the reason y u can't understand him), he accepts what is truth...i like stefan but the problem is stefan lie to everyone, hides his actual personality from everyone! even from himself...he tries to make himself blv that he is good but infact he is not that much good..! On other hand damon blvs dat he is bad when he is not all bad! He accepts he is bad, he says he doesn't do good when he does...stefan can say that he is good nd damon is bad, damon can accept that stefan is good nd he is bad but infact both r grey characters...
meriyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is a  very interesting topic and I really want to read what everyone has said.. but it's too long and I have an exam tomoro😳
But I will come back and give a view too... genuinely seems like a very interesting and healthy discussion type topic πŸ˜Š