Joyee_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I would love to act opposite Sanaya (Irani) in a show: Mohit Sehgal

After a two-year hiatus, the hot and dashing Mohit Sehgal is finally back on the small screen in Trilogy Krikos and Thought Train Entertainments' Khamoshiyaan(Star Plus).

We cornered the actor on the sets to know more about his character and the waiting period.

Excerpts:

It's been too long a wait, isn't it!

Yes, but the wait has paid off. Khamoshiyaan is a big show. The project has a lot of good actors and I am sure that I will get to learn a lot of things from them. But let me tell you frankly that I took up this show because I believed in it and also the character that I play.

Wasn't there a point when you felt like backing off as you had to wait for too long for this show to go on floors?

Well, to tell you the truth, I had been waiting for the right time and the right character. Hence, when the role came to me, I did not mind waiting for it. As it was my choice, I never ever felt of backing off.

You have a different look in Khamoshiyan. Did you suggest it?

Yes, I always wanted a different look as Siddharth is more mature than what Samrat of Miley Jab Hum Tum was. While he had long hair, Siddharth has a shorter mane. Their dressing styles too are different. I must thank the creative team who helped me go through the whole process.

The TV industry is dominated by women and so was the promotion of this show. Didn't you feel left out?

It's a fact that TV industry is all about women. But, I do not feel that the story ofKhamoshiyaan circles around a woman. Each and every character in this show is very important and I like that. As far as the promotions of this show are concerned, the story starts from her (Mrunal Thakur) but soon every character will come into the picture.

Don't you think that it's high time for the TV industry to change?

Yes, it's not necessary for every story to revolve around women. We can definitely have shows in which a male actor plays the central character. I would love to be a part of such a project.

When you started off, you worked with Sanaya Irani who is also your girlfriend. So isn't it awkward shooting with Mrunal?

I don't find it weird but a lot of people feel that way. In fact, for them, she is a new girl but when I started Miley Jab Hum Tum, I too was new. But, all said and done, Mrunal is very good comparatively and we are there to help her. And trust me, she will turn out to be a good actress.

Do you miss Sanaya as a co-star?

Yes, I do miss her as we are also seeing each other. But, if we get a chance, we will do a show together.

Now that both you and Sanaya are shooting separately, how will you manage to spend time with each other?

Well, right now it will be very difficult but we will try to meet in the time we have at your disposal. At times, we have different shifts but we do make it a point to meet.

A lot of TV actors are tying the knot these days. When are you guys planning to get married?

Honestly, if we had the time, we would have already got married; we really have no time to meet. Hence, the date of the shaadi is too far as of now.

So how does your story in the show go from here?

I do not know when they will introduce Siddharth. But I can tell you that he is a guy from London. Since both he and Gauri have been brought up together, Siddharth understands Gauri well and loves her too. Moreover, since they are also engaged, and since Gauri wants to meet her family that stays in India, Siddharth will help her do so.

Would you like to do a reality show?

Yes, I love reality shows and I seriously want to take up a dance reality show maybe something on the lines of Nach Baliye. Talks for it are on, but nothing has been finalized yet.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jenny_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
luved his interview
watching this show only for our rockstar
hmmm so NACH BALIYE ..sooo excited to see monaya