OPEN LETTER 4lions and Pandora's Box - Imp Note p9 - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
I'm so glad you made this post!!!! And I agree with everything you said. It's a love story, an unrealistic one, but a love story nonetheless. Any situational drama is peripheral to Arnav and Khushi and isn't supposed to actually be the focal point.

I always wanted the show to end on a high note (kids-related, happily ever after, etc.), but their struggles as a couple trying to cope with their differing ideologies is something I thought we'd get to see after the shaadi. The way they've shown how deep their understanding is makes it seem as though these two will never clash, which makes no sense. Marriage didn't need to be the end point! 

Good to see you Joey. We all miss you and Sari a lot.

Agree with all your points. 

But have no idea about what is meant by emotional separation because they seem to be emotionally separated (at least from Khushi's POV) for the time being. But of course in this emotional separation, one is clueless. And generally in a married couple's life, emotional separation won't last long. So if it is to bring back the passion, then it is very important that they separate physically. Because together they are not making any sense now. 

Apart from the points you have raised, it is important they give a proper closure to Shyam. I always saw IPK as a love story with a villain. Though it was nice to see Khushi fighting with the Shyam for Arnav, we never got to see Arnav fighting with Shyam for Khushi. They need to give a proper closure to Shyam's track before they end IPK. 

Edited by -Pallavi- - 11 years ago
"if sheetal is making a plot against arshi's relation ..."
1st of all ASR is not a fool to let  happen what is shown like to be happening in the show  ...because he has seen two women's in life suffering in such cause ,if sheetal's track  is made so ,then there will be no meaning for asr being THE ASR
"and i think it is clear that aarav is not ASR's son because he mentioned this to khushi clearly.."
and what about the news about a new character about dhurv ...?
I'am asking this because in yesterdays episode (1/11/2012) ,sheetal mentioned that she cannot hurt others for her happiness...if DSR(if he exist ...) is related to this ,it is sure that NANI ,AKASH ,MAMI  ...will be affected  
and IPKKND is always known for showing what is not expected ...and as far as current track is concerned ,either aarav is expected to be son of ASR or sheetal may be trying to make some plot against arshi relation ...

"And considering that sheetal  was shown like fearing when the DNA report was to be opened ...  
   if the truth that aarav is not ASR son ,then khushi will not let any stone upturned to find out aarav's father ,because he is much similar to ASR anh ever aarav's name caries "SR" ...so this can also be the reason for sheetal fearing in such situation"."and even based on this it can be taken as sheetal purposely trained aarav to hide his identity (considering dhurv ...) "

AND AND  about the theme of the story "Mohabbat Door Jaane na de, Nafrat paas aane na de!"
this can come only from ASR side because he will be extremely  hurt ,if khushi doubts  him even after his clarifying her about the relation between him and sheetal ...
 AND some verbal fight between arshi on this issue  will and some salt to the theme 
And khushi leaving the house and all is all old style...and her character is not meant such ...she wont leave  as the family will come in issue 
And khushi  will be even easily convinced if she comes to know truth ( that if it was something like sheetal's plot ).and ASR is  also   considered as a understanding person so he will also be convinced by khushi's such act(about douting him with aarav ) .

so so so  i think it is better the track is take as aarav is not  ASR son and no such plot by sheetal ...

hmmm I do request PH and CV to think something  different ...
and i am also satisfied by the current way the track is going ...because it is necessary for it to go in such a way ...
and i think the character's of arnav and khushi is well established considering all situation(newly married, ASR thinking of new life with is wife ...,khushi being sanka devi is expected to do as her character is shown now ) ...

i am waiting for the track to disclose ...

Hi, sorry I'm typing this out on iPhone and its pretty late (or early, however u wanna see it!) so my reply may be a little muddled.

Interesting post and I have to say I agree partly, altho story is important & other characters are also fine for me the main draw is Arhi and their ups and downs, as long as the focus is them I'm happy.

About their 'open letter', when I first read it just thought 'W*F, how can they be so pathetic?!' I mean, they have a team of writers and can't come up with a decent storyline? And what's up with the 'lovestories end at marriage' angle - they shud try telling their wives/partners that and see what response they get for a start!

Anyway I'm getting distracted sorry! After my initial reaction I made an account there and posted a few thoughts (probably rubbish cos i really didn't think if thru) and its only now when I'm trying to make sense of it all that it occurred to me that it just doesn't feel right.

It makes no sense them asking us for story ideas, they did that once before months ago and I doubt they used anything. So I thought about it and wondered what if it's just their sneaky way of getting their forum numbers up and getting discussions started there instead of on IF? When I joined alone I saw a little marker saying 200+ new members joined today - no guessing where they all came from!

So now I'm confused but yeah something seems off to me about the whole thing. Maybe I'm just sleep-deprived but thought I'd post my thoughts here, will catch up with the post tomoro and see if anyone else thinks that or is it just me!

Asma x
Edited by anjaani07 - 11 years ago
Hi joey, 

Good to see you after a long time.   like you,  me too don't have any problems with the storyline or any other aspect of the show. just 😡 at cv's for killing the romance, USP of the show.  me thinks everything will fall in place if they concentrate on this one thing.🤗
Wow...4lions...could not help with K's virginity but did break yours...

and then i ahd other clever things to say...but Maxi beat me to ti...

so yes everything she said...

Originally posted by joenet1234

I

Joey,

Great post. 👏

My wish at the end of the day is for the story to be told with:

1. Forethought and Commitment:  Please PH/Star Plus, take some time to sketch out a proper track and storyline.  Once you have done so, commit to it.  Tell the story wholeheartedly...commit to it!  I hate the sudden track changes all the time.

2. Respect for Characterizations: Your characters have histories, personalities, emotions and thoughts which should be consistent.  This is called continuity...maintain it and you won't incur the wrath of your audience. 

3. Romance: Kushi and Arnav's love story is the core of this serial.  Nurture it, Promote it, Show it dammit!!!  Your audience has patiently supported the show to get to this point: love and marriage!  There are stories/tracks which can be devoted to love and marriage: honeymoon, dates, firsts after marriage (first diwali, first karva chauth, first ...).  Give us the chance to see some happiness...we will not get bored!  Especially if interspersed with parallel tracks!

4. Focus on others:  Yes, Kushi and Arnav are the centre of this story.  But parallel tracks can and should be utilized.  Especially if there can be a way in which Arnav and Kushi can be incorporated. 

There are still many stories to be told.  4 Lions, I think the question is whether or not you have the time, energy and desire to tell them.

I have really enjoyed the last two episodes..execution has been good, and the storyline is moving.  I do not expect perfection every day..it's a serial, there are gonna be so-so episodes and filler days.  Doesn't bother me. 

What does bother me is the off screen drama which lacks professionalism and respect towards the audience and show.  Will stop here..do not want to keep ranting.
Edited by -Maggie- - 11 years ago
In total agreement!  You expressed EXACTLY what I was feeling/thinking/wanting.

Dont stop, carry on...;)
Originally posted by anjaani07

Hi, sorry I'm typing this out on iPhone and its pretty late (or early, however u wanna see it!) so my reply may be a little muddled.

Interesting post and I have to say I agree partly, altho story is important & other characters are also fine for me the main draw is Arhi and their ups and downs, as long as the focus is them I'm happy.

About their 'open letter', when I first read it just thought 'W*F, how can they be so pathetic?!' I mean, they have a team of writers and can't come up with a decent storyline? And what's up with the 'lovestories end at marriage' angle - they shud try telling their wives/partners that and see what response they get for a start!

Anyway I'm getting distracted sorry! After my initial reaction I made an account there and posted a few thoughts (probably rubbish cos i really didn't think if thru) and its only now when I'm trying to make sense of it all that it occurred to me that it just doesn't feel right.

It makes no sense them asking us for story ideas, they did that once before months ago and I doubt they used anything. So I thought about it and wondered what if it's just their sneaky way of getting their forum numbers up and getting discussions started there instead of on IF? When I joined alone I saw a little marker saying 200+ new members joined today - no guessing where they all came from!

So now I'm confused but yeah something seems off to me about the whole thing. Maybe I'm just sleep-deprived but thought I'd post my thoughts here, will catch up with the post tomoro and see if anyone else thinks that or is it just me!

Asma x

I like the way your shakki mind works. 😆 

I thought this was their way of getting people to tell them to just shut the show down and/or derive some sort of sadistic pleasure from messing with the fans. Or to make it seem like they care when they really don't.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming. My point was to shed light on the following:

a) we should not be giving them ideas, period.
b) if some people still feel compelled to do so, at least keep the love story in mind. Some ideas on forum32 are downright scary 😕 some people have a unique imagination but not sure if IPK is the platform for it. I read something which sounded like a smoothie made from all the BW flicks from 70-80s. Mind. Was.Boggled. Hats off to people who can weave such stories but maybe a bit too far from IPK realm. The point isn't to keep the show running at any cost but rather a quality watch while keeping the USP intact.
c) Didn't want to sound patronizing at all but felt I couldn't get my point across unless I put in my two cents about the ideas.

Thanks again! 🤗
Edited by joenet1234 - 11 years ago