Kareena scouts for challenging roles

dolly1000 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Kareena Kapoor scouts for challenging roles BOMBAY, India (AP) - Indian actress Kareena Kapoor says her work in the coming Bollywood take on Shakespeare's "Othello'' prodded her to raise the quality bar on new projects, a newspaper reported Wednesday.  Kapoor, one of the stars of the upcoming "Omkara,'' told the Mumbai Mirror newspaper she wants roles that will challenge her, so she can grow as an actress.  "No more routine roles for me, even in big projects,'' she said. "I'm all for a film that goes into unknown territory. I've done enough of run of the mill movies.''  She planned to bide her time until she found a stimulating script. "I am willing to wait. Even if I've to wait for a year for a role of my choice, I'm willing to do so,'' said Kapoor. "But I won't compromise on my roles.'' 

She didn't give details about her role in "Omkara,'' in which she stars alongside well-known Bollywood actors Ajay Devgan, Saif Ali Khan and Bipasha Basu. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago
kareena films of late are of different varitey yaar there is Omkara Chu Chup Ke and 36 China Town each with a unique character