Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salman's agent Reshma Shetty to manage KJo's stude

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Salman's agent Reshma Shetty to manage KJo's students
Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan with mentor Karan Johar More Pics

In what is seen as a strategic move, Karan Johar's Student of the Year (SOTY) actors — Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt will be managed by Salman Khan's agent Reshma Shetty. 

Says Karan, "Just like it was a conscious decision on my part to launch new talent under the Dharma Productions banner and it was also a very conscious decision to do it on a large scale under my own direction, it is an even more conscious decision to leverage this talent to go beyond just Dharma and SOTY. And for this purpose I have tied up with Reshma Shettyand her agency Matrix that manages the career of superstars like Salman Khan, Katrina Kaifand Kareena Kapoor.'' 

Karan's equation with the curly-haired, bright Reshma goes back a long way. "Reshma and I have been friends for many years and I have always respected her mind. What she has brought to the career graphs of some of our biggest stars is amazing. Hence I wanted my actors to be managed and protected by the best in the business.'' 

The filmmaker says that brand management of actors is something the West has been successful in doing for a long time. However in India, the concept is just catching up and now every big production house aims at following this trend. 

KJo says, "I concede destiny and luck play a major role in the heights a star can soar to. However, from my side I intend to leave no stone unturned to ensure that my SOTY actors get the best deals in life and in the movies. Unlike many production houses that launch talent and do not allow them to work outside, I want my actors to choose an equal number of outside projects as well. This will energise and enrich them.'' Student of the Year, produced by Dharma Productions, releases on October 19.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vedika211 thumbnail
Is Karan taking a dig at Yashraj studios, who sign 3 film contracts with people?
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
apparently Madhuri has also just joined Matrix agency, dont know if its true or not
SRK-BEBO thumbnail
Reshma is the best ..no second views on that.

She single handedly changed  and covered Salman's image and public relations and even business decisions...and look at where is he now...