Why 'Gulabi Gang' leader Sampat Pal said yes to th

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Known for her fight for women's rights, 'Bigg Boss' show contestant Sampat Pal is upset that the makers of Madhuri Dixit starrer 'Gulab Gang' have not sought her permission to make the film. It was reported that the film 'Gulab Gang' was based on Pal, who heads a women's group (called Gulabi Gang) in Uttar Pradesh's Bundelkhand region and takes up the cause of women facing violence, domestic and social problems.

"I will not let the film to be released before my permission," Pal told PTI, before entering the 'Bigg Boss' house. "I feel she (Madhuri) should meet me once before the shooting begins. It is not that I will not give permission to make a film based on me. I feel that if she has not seen or met me in real life, how can she portray the role on screen with justice," she said.

The film has been written and will be directed by Soumik Sen and is produced by Anubhav Sinha of 'Ra. One' fame. "I came to know that a film called 'Gulab Gang' is being made and will be based on my life and my organisations' work. They have not met me, nor did they seek my permission," Pal said.

IBNLive

Reportedly, director Soumik Sen had earlier said that the film is not based on Sampat Pal. However, he had agreed that he was aware of her work and had watched her documentaries. But according to him, his film is based on a newspaper report that spoke of women doing good work. The film is slated to go on floors this month and will be released on March 8 2013, on the International Women's Day.

Meanwhile, Pal said that she was a little hesitant in participating in 'Bigg Boss'. "When they had approached me for 'Bigg Boss', I was clueless about it. I told them I can't do it as I don't understand all these things. I like to be in my village and work for the poor-needy people...later I agreed to do it after they took me in confidence," she said.

"I feel my message will reach out to more people through this show. I would like to highlight issues like female infanticide, child marriage and dowry. Girls should be given education, treat boys and girls equally, I would like to promote this message," she said.

She came with sole agenda and she is totally focused on it, in yesterday's episode too, she took urvashi's hand and said after bath we all ladies will sit and talk about woman rights. (although urvashi was not ready) But this lady has worked on grass root level, she knows woman issues, she may get an insight about woman exploitation in tinsel town too, but she has guts and not hesitant to convey them.
I agree with you estel

I think Sampatji is a nice woman.  She is a social worker and activist working on the grass-root level... and I respect her for that.

Just because her lifestyle is different... doesn't mean she cannot adjust in the house.

She interacted with almost every person in the house very well in the first meeting.

They have bringes so many Television actors in the house this time.
Delnaaz, Rajeev, Urvashi, Aashka, Sayantani, Vrajesh.

Delnaaz, Sayanatani, Vrajesh & that commoner Kashif ... nominated her for some unjustified reasons. Since they are already real life friends. They all will never nominate each other.

So, its quite difficult for contestants like Sampatji because she is meeting every person for the first time in the house.
I am glad she is safe. Thanxx to Sana.
And I am happy she has become friends with Sapna, Sana n all.

Only this TV-ACTORs Group doesn't interact with her much. Though, I like all these TV actors.
Edited by diasingh2 - 11 years ago
the fact that she wants madhuri to come and tlak with her is quite obvious she wants the publicity onyl, had it not been so shdnt she be asking asknig the producer for the constnt and not the acotr?
...Sampat has asked Madhuri to talk to her 'cos Madhuri is more popular and influentail than anubhav or sowmik...she wants mads to talk to her one to one about the role, she ahs no probs that they have used her name that too Gulabi Gang and these guys do n to have the decency to approach her...shayd lathi chalana hog:))

Originally posted by vibhusharma78

She came with sole agenda and she is totally focused on it, in yesterday's episode too, she took urvashi's hand and said after bath we all ladies will sit and talk about woman rights. (although urvashi was not ready) But this lady has worked on grass root level, she knows woman issues, she may get an insight about woman exploitation in tinsel town too, but she has guts and not hesitant to convey them.

Actually every year there is an 'outsider' like Sampat Pal in the house. This person is usually the 2nd or 3rd person to get out as they dont fit in with the rest of the celeb/city crowd in the house.
Originally posted by -ksh-

Actually every year there is an 'outsider' like Sampat Pal in the house. This person is usually the 2nd or 3rd person to get out as they dont fit in with the rest of the celeb/city crowd in the house.

You are forgetting Seema Parihar. She went quite far in BB4.