He has dreams
He has aspirations
But Barun is also wise
He knows ASR is a once in a lifetime role
A few films here and there will not give hiim a steady income
It does not guarantee the name and fame of this serial
My conclusion
He is likely to try and balance both if he can
And if he leaves (which I doubt) here is wishing him all the best for giving the best on screen character ever
And yes I am sure he is not a fool to sign a contract with SP and also serve notice
Either of these facts are lies
I would go with what SP says
But also the reliable spoiler can also not be fake
My conclusion, he first quit and then reconsidered
Rest time will say
Meanwhile don't abuse someone who has entertained you so well for 18 months
Decide first if you love ASR or Barun
If you love Barun then you will still wish him luck
If you love ASR, you will miss him but remember him

Posted: 11 years ago
DKS 

I will add my view once I will get the official statement from Barun Sobti that he is not quitting the show.

I am waiting for one more official statement by him..

I don't want channel or PH's confirmation now.

He is an actor. He knows the outcome of lying with the media and to the fans as well..

So I am waiting for his statement now..one last time..

Then only I will give my two cent on this topic.

Cheers
Edited by Ni1234 - 11 years ago
Ur frnd Nisha already confirmed tht he is not leaving,,, thn y r u demeaning him?
You know what you just echoed my thoughts I have the same opinion. There is a saying in Hindi ki Taali hamesha do haathon se bajti hai, so if the PH is at fault then so is BS. He just used IPK as a launch vehicle for Bollywood and has now left everyone nowhere. Had it not been for IPK he would have been doing a normal show on any normal channel not an epic on SP. I also agree like someone said that he is made for TV. 
I have no comment, just a question.

Why is actor or actress always bashed for choosing what they feel is best for them?

And in this case it is not even a sure thing.
the only point i will say is:
if he put the papers ..then why that article said barun has not quit..
did he himself say that or media did????

if he said he has not quit..now inside info there..its not right
Please nothing is clear yet, so lets not bash Barun! Edited by .Swetha. - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Didikisaut

Disclaimer- I am no way discrediting the fact that 4 lions PR failed big time but at the same time it doesn't take out any sheen out of the unprofessional attitude of Barun Sobti..
A sinner calling others sinned doesn't relieve him of his own...

So it seems like Barun Sobti has finally put down his papers, it was on expected lines as he had never shown much interest nor commitment towards the show during/after shooting of his movie. Even in his interviews he was non committal on his association with the show but never shyed away speaking about his Bollywood Dreams..

4 lions is the first production House in the history of television to give a leave of absence for 11/28/40/45 days a main lead and that too for a romantic drama, Barun did shoot for a few days but the damage to the show was done.

Now when the show is in the doldrums and the TRP is consistently out of Top 10 Barun wants to quit..So Barun is leaving when PH and fans need him the most...The show may not survive his exit at such a precarious moment and even it does it will take a long time for people to accept a new lead...

He once famously said that any one can play ASR, may be you are right and I think PH should definitely look out for your replacement. But would Barun would have achieved what he has achieved minus ASR...

The answer is not too difficult to guess...

They very show which has given you everything you are leaving behind nothing...

P.S- If you had to leave why do a charity for a few months you should have had made up your mind either way...one is only bound to sink if he/she has two feet on different ships...

@ Bold... I agree the damange to IPKKND happened when Barun went off for his movie shooting... the story went all wrong... the loop holes that emerged during this track.. they still havent been able to cover up. After everyone from PH, channel, co actors have all been supportive and accommodating during that phase... I wouldn't have expected him to quit again for another movie.

Especially when the fate of his first is still unknown,... for god sake the lead of the movie is Shahanaz Treasurywala... she will drive the Gods to tears with her dumb acting skills and she is the one the movie revolves around. But thats besides the point!!

I am just tired of this will he/ wont he game now.. and now this is become like a sword that will always hang over our heads... if he stays back now.. somewhere at the back of our minds we will still wonder after a few months... what if another movie comes up.. will he go then??
Its really unfair to the rest of the caste and crew and the PH that has been supportive and accommodating. And yes... ASR is what made him and the fans that are screaming for him even they cant guarantee that they will love him in another character or with another actor.

Edited by jules - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Ni1234

DKS 

I will add my view once I will get the official statement from Barun Sobti that he is not quitting the show.

I am waiting for one more official statement by him..

I don't want channel or PH's confirmation now.

He is an actor. He knows the outcome of lying with the media and to the fans as well..

So I am waiting for his statement now..one last time..

Then only I will give my two cent on this topic.

Cheers

I am waiting for that too dear. I just want one clarification from him. He owes that to us...the ones who Mae him what he is!
Why is this un-professionalism? I mean just take a normal job for instance. People switch jobs when they get better offers or feel bored with their job. The same is with barun. Do u expect him to play ASR all his life? 

I understand that in televsion it is very complicated. Firstly, emotions of fans are involved. And yes, there are they ones who determine the success of the actor. However, the complicated part about Indian televsion is that shows run for so long and actors don't have the flexibility to do other projects. So I mean I don't blame actors if they want some change and left with no choice but quit. I can bet if Indian shows were in seasons or were weeky shows, u wouldn't have actors quitting. Imagine yourself doing the same project at work for other a year!

And lastly, to be frank, I am little bit bored with IPKKND. If seems to near its end already. I actually want to see the actors, in particular sanaya and barun, in new roles. Don't u?