Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luckyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Yes II disappoints yet again , after elimination so many better and derserving contestants , they crowned Vipul ..

Comedown ...

Amit and the other kid were far better ..

Anyway my congrats to Vipul and best wishes to AMit ..
Edited by luckyp - 11 years ago
hazeleyedangel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
AMIT deserved it, enough said!!!!!
luckyp thumbnail

Originally posted by: hazeleyedangel

AMIT deserved it, enough said!!!!!

I agree ..
Shayu. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
mujhe tho koi farak nahi pada ki koun win hua aur koun nahi...The Biggest Flop Season in the indian idol history
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have no issues with Vipul winning or anything. But I do have a big issue about how the so-called finale of a reality singing contest has to be held.
We hardly saw the 3 finalists singing in the finale. It was all about the celebrities. This was so boring IMO and all my family members thought so too.

I remember a decade ago there was Sa Re Ga Ma (no Pa) on Zee hosted by Sonu Nigam. That had the real 'final'. The singers were literally grilled, asked to sing random raagas or songs, given different chords and different beats and had to sing the songs according to the changed chords...they had a no-orchestra round, a karaoke round...it was a real test of singing talent. Shreya Ghoshal had come a winner through those tough rounds..look where she is now. And where are the previous II winners? They have all vanished...

Whatever our contestants performed were all lip syncing and I don't think there was any genuine singing.

I feel this is just timepass and not a real competition at all. I am glad it's over. I don't think I'll watch II if there's a next season.
Edited by visrom - 11 years ago
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I was so dissapointed with this season of indian idol but was not happy with Vipul winning at all purely unlike others i feel he wasnt the best singer..

He is a good singer but lacked the voice. I still think his voice lacks the throw abd always comes across like " singing behind the glass door", it just doest come thru.

even yesterday when he and salim were performing, compare and see, his throw wasnt there at all.

anyway congrats to him but dissappointed
urvash thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
After watching Abhijeet at the finale - unfortunately Vipul does not come close - he does not have the X factor.  Amit - Devender - they had the X factor.  Another disappointing Indian Idol.  It was clear that Vipul was the judges favourite and that he would win.
luckyp thumbnail
Actually Vipul lacked the X factor from the beginning , look at the American Idols , they really scale the heights of popularity and where ever they go , they create mass hysteria , we can't expect this from our feeble Indian Idols because it's just a mock drill , just to showcase celebrities and stars , I fail to understand m as to  WHY  so many promotions are done at the II shows ?? 
They are distracting and are not in any way connected to singing ..
Edited by luckyp - 11 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: suresh555

How come they abruptly announced the winner before announcing the 2nd runner up (3rd position)? I was shocked to see that, especially when the other two were royally ignored as if they were dirt as Vipul got all the attention.

Also several polls showed Amit was way ahead (more than 50 % ) so it was shocking to see Vipul win.

I am 100 % convinced that it was all fixed as we never saw judges scores and most eliminations did not make sense. I am ashamed at the mockery these guys have made of the Idol franchise and will hope that the top guys at the Idol do not permit any further Indian Idol seasons. This season was Corruption at it's best.

Exactly!!!

I really hated the way Dev and Amit were treated, It was so disrespectful and rude! They were just thrown in to the backseat and nobody cared. That is not the way to treat someone.

Especially Dev, he is the MOST popular contestant on the show, and EVERYONE thought he was going to win. Even previous Idol winners like Abhijeet and Sreeram. Almost every celeb that came on the show support the dev. The least they could have done was show some respect to the contestants that made this season what this is. They could have at least announced who was 2nd and 3rd and provide some motivation for Amit n Dev!

And where was the rest of the Top 13? Only Poorvi came? 😕 

I think Sony spent all their money trying to rope in Big star that they forgot to put on a good finale show.

I feel like they always make the wrong person win just so everyone can talk about it and make a big deal. Indian Idol has been notorious  for doing this. That is why we have had great singers losing, and undeserving people win.

I actually think Vipul is the WORST winner of the whole Indian Idol. I'd rather listen to Prashant or even Sandeep compared to this guy!!

With more practice, Amit n Dev can do EXACTLY what Vipul does. But the talent that Amit and Dev have...Vipul can practice day and night and he wont be able to get a fraction of the talent that Amit or Dev has!
Edited by DIDfan89 - 11 years ago
smilebcz4yn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@DIDfan i agree. The top 13 im surprised no-one came except Poorvi.