Diya Aur Baati Hum

We love Sooraj Rathi and his 'Sooraj Baati'!

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I totally love that Sooraj actually did score the most points for the final WTC round and beat Mathie fare and square! Gary's comments were quite nice and genuine, and actually quite a refreshing change from his usual demeanour! I liked how Gary owned up that he initially had doubts about Sooraj and what/how his final dish would turn out, but that Sooraj and his imagination and cooking abilities had proven him wrong. That was really good of Gary, compared to his usual over-the-top and somewhat cruel attitude.  

I also liked Gary's comment that (in my own words) he and Sooraj may have a language barrier but that Sooraj's cooking speaks for itself and transcends such barriers. I love how this again comes back to what Sooraj himself told Sandhya after the Italian lady, Juliana (who told Sandhya about WTC in the first place), came to visit them at home to pick up her passport and ate Sooraj's dishes. Sooraj could tell that Juliana liked his food from her expressions even though he couldn't understand the words she said and Sandhya tried to tell him that Juliana didn't like it, and told Sandhya that food had its own language. Sooraj said this to Sandhya around the time when she first found out about WTC, and now he himself was told the same thing by the Chief WTC judge just before he won the competition. CVs, well done with closing this little WTC loop, from the very beginning to the end of it!

I also love the name Gary gave the dish - Sooraj Baati - it sounds absolutely perfect for that dish! I loved Sooraj's innovativeness with his dish and that he was brave enough to try doing something new when confronted with some unfamiliar ingredients based on his cooking knowledge and experience. I think that demonstrated very well the growth that has happened in his character over the course of the WTC (his increased confidence in himself). Looks like someone (read: CVs) has been watching Masterchef Australia, lol! Kudos to the CVs on having our favourite halwai win WTC with a dessert, and not just any dessert but with an international take on a Rajasthani/Indian classic! I liked how Sandhya had her own flashback moment to their Teej celebrations during the ballroom party when she was translating Sooraj's  "Indian-sweet-with-an-international-twist" explanation. The look between husband and wife at that point was really sweet! We totally love Sooraj Rathi and his now world famous Sooraj Baati!!!

Brandon's attitude was really commendable (even Gary thought so!). I like that he acknowledged his mistake in overcooking his dish and was happy for Sooraj to have won even though he was disappointed with his own result. This is a person you can respect! Brandon, take a bow! The same can definitely not be said for Mathie! Seriously, if she had just paid attention to making her own dish fantastic rather than resorting to petty tricks to have Sooraj disqualified, she may have gotten higher scores and could have actually won WTC herself, fare and square (I know, I'm saying this as if this is real life and not a serial, but you get my drift...). Her obsession with winning at all costs is quite disturbing! If her self-sabotaged dish didn't have a strange smell, as Gary described it, then perhaps the judges would have given her a perfect score as well! Now that Gary has been affected by her poisonous dish, I wonder what will happen to the other two judges. Maybe they won't be affected as much if they didn't eat as much as Gary did. It will be interesting to see how this whole drama pans out and how Sooraj's innocence is proved. I would love to see him be able to prove himself innocent but I think the CVs have set this up as another moment for Jaasoos Sandhya (Detective Sandhya) to shine. Not a problem, as long as it doesn't drag too much and happens nicely! Jayant's reaction to Mathie not winning was interesting - he knows his wife well and knows that she will take her loss badly - I wonder if it would ever have occurred to him the extent she would be willing to go to win WTC! I think it would be nice if Jayant was somehow involved in Mathie's pol-khulai, or if Mathie herself exposed herself. I wish Mathie herself will be disqualified for her blatant disregard for human life, much less the competition rules!

Looking forward to the celebrations after Sooraj is *officially* officially declared the winner and presented his trophy. I'm really ready for the Rathis to head back home, hopefully with Brandon in tow! I feel like jumping straight through the screen into the DABH universe, so that main un sab ko Pushkar tak push kar sakoo! (so that I can push them all to Pushkar) I know... I have a weird sense of humour!

We totally love Sooraj Rathi and his Sooraj Baati!!! (or at least I do!) πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by A-A-S - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAIBALROUTH thumbnail
I totally loved Gary's comment as he showered a torrent of praise for Suraj. He was going gaga over Suraj's dish.

Sandhya remembered her own words during translation, how sweet.

Mathie was insecure, if she had been concentrating on her own dish, she could have at least had a fair shot of tying with Suraj, but she is only interested in winning by hook or crook.

Brandon was honest and Gary was impressed at that. 😊

Nice post A-A-S. 😊
Nice sense of humor as well
MJV2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice post A-A-S😊

Sooraj Baati...what a perfect name...😊the way gary said it made it even better...loved it..

surajs facial  expressions were fabulas yesterday...Kudos AnasπŸ‘
Edited by mmanju1 - 11 years ago
FelixFelicis thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Absolutaly bang-on post A-A-S!! Couldn't have put it better myself! Suraj Baati cracked me up ... yet its such an apt name!! That's definitely a new addition to the Rathi Mishtaan Bhandaar menu card!!

Oh and I adore Brandon! He should totally tag along with his new-found ma to Pushkar and help jasoos Sandy on her next case..just like Suraj has his sidekick (Chotu), so Sandy ought to have one too!πŸ‘
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for your fabulous replies, guys. πŸ˜Š

I hope Sooraj will sell his Sooraj Baati at his shop, too.
And I hope StarPlus will put his winning recipe on their website, like they have done previously with recipes for some other dishes that we have seen in DABH and other SP shows.

Edited by A-A-S - 11 years ago