Date Of Birth September 16

Filmography
TV Show About the character

Special Squad
Deepika Ghosh : Head of Special Squad

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Nandini Virani : Karan Virani's wife, bahu of Virani Family

April 29, 2004.

Pune, we later also had a reception in Mumbai.

Hiten Tejwani.

I wore a yellow georgette sari with kundan and pink zardozi work all over with a dark pink blouse and a dark pink dupatta for the pheras. Later in the evening I wore a dark magenta chiffon Banarsi sari with gold work. Accessorised it with a antique gold set. Pandhari Jhuker, the veteran make-up artist did my make-up. Hiten wore a cream churidar kurta for the pheras and a suit in the evening. For the reception in Mumbai I wore a dark pink lehenga with multicolored embroidery all over.

Love.

Two years.

A classic ring in white gold with a solitaire.

Love, trust, commitment and honesty.

The wedding was smooth sailing... we didn't overspend much as the do was in Pune. However we did have a gala reception in Mumbai on May 9, 2004 for all our friends from the industry.

Hiten is a Sindhi while I am a Maharashtrian, so we got married in the traditional Maharashtrian style.

"I can't think of anything really unusual but I changed two mehendiwalis during the pre-wedding do. The first one wasn't anything great and mid-way we had to call another one... as a result, I had two different types of designs on both hands!"

Jodi No 1: Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani

When television's most popular couple got married earlier this year they made headlines. Lissom Gauri Pradhan and TV's favourite beta Hiten Tejwani are madly in love. And make no bones about it. Here's their take on their love story:

How we met:
"We first met in Hyderabad around four years ago for the shooting of the Breeze ad film," reminisces Hiten.

"I'm an introvert and take some time to become friends -- so it wasn't love at first sight for me," reveals the Virgo girl. However, Hiten admits to liking her from the first day itself. "We hardly spoke during the shoot nor did we keep in touch later... but our paths crossed again," he says with a smile.

Destiny had other plans:
The duo met again in July 2001 when they were paired opposite each other in the Balaji TV serial Kutumb. "During the initial shooting of Kutumb, we were just on hi-hello terms. We would be shooting for long hours and since it was a family serial, there were loads of other cast members on the sets as well," tells Gauri.

But gradually they started becoming friends. "He has a very caring nature and would really look after me on the sets. Since I'm a fussy eater he would cajole me to try out different things from his tiffin," says Gauri, getting nostalgic.

"A lot of people are in awe of her but that's just a shell; the real Gauri is very sensitive, loving and responsible. She goes out of the way for those she loves," says Hiten about his lady love.

It takes two to tango:
Gauri is a Virgo and Hiten is a Piscean. Both say that they balance each other. "We may not gel on everything but have a lot in common and share the same values and are both very grounded and attached to our roots," remarks Gauri.

While Hiten is emotional, Gauri is the more practical one. She loves Chinese and he can eat almost anything. "He's very non-fussy and laidback, while I'm the hot headed one and can also be impulsive at times," says Gauri of her hubby Hiten.

Gauri loves reading, and going to the movies while Hiten enjoys working out and spending time with close friends.

Saying "I do":
By mid-2002 television's most popular jodi were officially in love.

According to Hiten, "We wanted to tie the knot this year. Our families were really looking forward to it and both of us wanted to as well. We are both very simple people and wanted our wedding to be the same. Hence it was a very small affair with just close friends and family in attendance." The traditional Maharashtrian ceremony took place in Gauri's hometown Pune on April 29, 2004 and was followed by a reception in Mumbai for friends and well-wishers on May 9, 2004.

While they are playing star-crossed lovers on-screen in the popular soap "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi", in real life they are blissfully married.

"Marriage has given us the stability we needed. It has brought us even closer," confesses Gauri.

What is the one thing that we don't know about Gauri, that Hiten can tell us? "She is very accident prone," he says, "During our honeymoon in Koso Mui (Thailand) she fell in the swimming pool and broke her toe. Her toe had to be operated and she was in so much pain that I couldn't bear it."

"I can't help it, accidents happen to me. Wasn't our meeting for the ad film also an accident?" grins Gauri.

"Yes, but a very beautiful one!" retorts Hiten in his trademark style.
Kyunki yeh JKK hai!

What is it that keeps these couples so in Love with each other? Find out on tonight's Jodee Kamaal Ki at 9 PM, with all the glitter, glamour and galaxy of stars!

This week's Jodee Kamaal Kii is definitely going to be a treat to all the Soap Opera addicts. After all, it is the mother of all soaps Kyunki special. This time we have actors from the most popular family on Indian television, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bhu Thi on the game show with their spouses and this promises to be quite an entertainer.

The guests this week are, hamare apne Karan aur Nandini, Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan, Shilpa Saklani (Ganga) with Apurva Agnihotri and our very own Mihir Virani, Ronit Roy with Neelam. Rakshanda seems to be very excited and at home as she has also been a part of the Kyunki family and has worked with all the guests present, so it's going to be Double Mazaa for Rakshanda.

It is an evening of lots of fun games and bonding. And lots of tit-bits about the couples are tumbling out today. It's quite a wait till evening comes and to keep you satiated until then, we have a little sneak peek into what's in store for all of you.

Hiten and Gauri worked together for the first time in a commercial. It was Love at first sight for Hiten, but Gauri being an introvert, it wasn't so for her. Gauri is a cleanliness freak and they have arguments mainly because Hiten messes up the wardrobe, that Gauri painstakingly arranges. Hiten bribed the Pandit to conclude the wedding ceremony within half an hour. Gauri broke her toe during their honeymoon when she fell into a swimming pool. It had to be operated on and Hiten could not bear to see her in so much pain.

Apurva's nickname for Shilpa is Rasmalai. Shilpa visited Rakshanda on the set during Roza with Rasmalai and Paneer Tikka at six in the morning, which she had never done before. The Rasmalai ended up being eaten by Apurva entirely. To this Apurva says, Ek teer se do shikaar. Apurva is finicky and extremely particular about discipline and punctuality. This trait of his often gets on Shilpa's nerves. Apurva is said to have suffered a severe stomach upset a day before their wedding ceremony and requested for home made Daal-Chawal to Shilpa's mother, who in turn told Shilpa that he would be coming to see her and to take care of him. Apurva went to see Shilpa and ate some good home made food, despite the custom that the bride and the groom should not see each other before the wedding. His stomach upset seemed to disappear miraculously after that. Now something seems fishy, but Apurva claims that he was completely honest about the illness. Guess we'll never know the truth.

Ronit and Neelam's little baby girl, suffered with an unfortunate deformity with her nose at birth. But after a few months it came back to its normal position and she is a healthy and beautiful baby now. Neelam knew long before Ronit ever realised that she wanted to get married to him. He could see it in her eyes every time they went out on dates. This was one unconventional situation, where Neelam made it clear that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. She was the one to take the first steps. Ronit believes that a husband should never ignore what his wife says under any circumstances and that her word should be his command. Now that's what we call an ideal husband! Jodee wakeyi kamaal ki hai!

There's tons more of fun, competition, entertainment and juicy bits of information to enlighten you about the equation that your favourite stars share with their better halves.

This and more on tonight's Idea presents Jodee Kamaal Ki at 9 PM, only on STAR Plus! This is going to make your weekend spicier. Don't forget to tune in or you'll miss out on a lot of excitement.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jia thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

One fan club already exists for them: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/261812 

Feel free to join that one. 😊

love,
khair