Celebrity Fan Clubs

FOR RONIT ROY AND ROHIT ROY'S FAN GROUP

priyapiya thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

WEDDING DAY!!!

RONIT ROY AND NEELAM'S WEDDING DAY!!!

About the Couple
Ronit Roy began his career by acting in Jaan Tere Naam. He has acted in over thirty films in ten years, but is best known for the characters he plays in two TV soaps, Mihir Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Rishab Bajaj in Kasauti Zindagi Ki.

Neelam Singh, a Rajput began her career in modeling. She participated in 'Femina Look of the year' in 1995 after which she was a regular on the Ramp. She has acted in commercials and television serials including Saans, Kaleerien and Koshish Ek Asha.

How they Met
Ronit and Neelam met at a friend's party four years ago. The duo says: "We liked each other in the first meeting, then occasionally met at parties, after which we exchanged telephone numbers. It took some time for us to decide on marriage, as we were both very busy with our careers. We planned to get married in February 2004, but preponed the wedding because Ronit was committed to his work projects in February. We decided on December and chose the most auspicious day- 25th December."

The Wedding Ceremonies
Tika and Ring ceremony: The wedding functions started with a tika and ring ceremony at Ronit's parent's home on 22nd December, 2003. It was a small gathering of close family members. Neelam wore a red and yellow bandhani saree picked from Jodhpur. Ronit wore a co-ordinated yellow kurta and churidar, which Neelam bought from Agra. The bride's side took Shagun to the groom's house and the ring ceremony soon followed. Both Ronit and Neelam's engagement rings are plain gold bands. The food was a typical Bengali home made lunch.

Mehendi: The bride's side organised for a mehendi ceremony on 24th Dec. Over hundred guests attended this function at The Club, Andheri. The function started in the afternoon and went on till evening.

Neelam's sister-in-law, Manasi dressing her in floral jewellery

Ronit and Neelam at the Mehendi

As a Bengali tradition, Ronit's sister-in-law got floral jewellery for Neelam. The floral pieces included earrings, a necklace, maangtikaa and armlets all made from mogra flowers. Neelam wore a chiffon sharara in a pink and sky blue combination with kundan work done all over. She bought the fabric from a friend and got it dyed and stitched. Ronit wore a brown colour self designed brocade kurta with cream satin churidar, which he picked from Mumbai's Millionaire boutique. Bollywood's ace make-up artist Jaiwant Thakrey and his team did Neelam's make up and hair for the mehendi and wedding. Mehendi artist Shahnaz and her team of girls did Neelam's mehendi.

The cuisine for the function was assorted. There were continental starters and chaat stalls, fresh fruits, juices and Indian and Chinese food. The dcor for the mehendi and the wedding was done with fresh flowers by Girish of Jaypal Decorators.

Haldi, Wedding and Reception
The Haldi ceremony was on 25th Dec at Neelam's home. The ceremony was for close family members and Neelam's sister-in- law gave her the traditional Bengali bangle, Shaka Pola on this occasion.

Neelam being carried (as per Bengali wedding traditions) by her brother for the wedding ceremony

The wedding ceremony conducted as per Bengali traditions

The wedding took place on the same evening, at The Resort, Madh Island. It was followed by a reception and dinner attended by 350 guests. Some of those present included Ronit's colleagues from his serials, film director Subhash Ghai and his wife, Aditya Pancholi and wife Zarina Wahab, Niki Aneja and husband Sunny Walia, singing sensation Sonu Nigam, actor Apoorva Agnihotri and his fiance Shilpa Saklani.

Ronit and Neelam with Ronit's mother, brother Rohit and his wife Manasi

The couple with Neelam's parents, her sisters and brother

Neelam with the female star cast of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Ronit with the male star cast of Kyunki

Ronit and Neelam with Ronit's mother, brother Rohit, Subhash Ghai and his wife, Achint Kaur and Mohan Kapoor (of Saanp Seedi fame) at the Reception

What they Wore
Neelam wore a golden net ghaghra choli, which she had designed and stitched before her marriage was finalised. The net ghaghra had a silk inner lining, zardozi work on the border and semi-precious pearls, beads and swarovski crystals embedded all over. The choli had some work done on the borders in self-design brocade. She also had a red head dupatta and got her ghaghra dupatta re-embroidered with sequin work on the border to match the whole look. For jewellery Neelam wore a gold, pearl and ruby set, which her mother bought from Jaipur.

Ronit wore a full-embroidered silk Jodhpuri with a red bandhani stole and satin churidar from Jodhpur.

Wedding Planning Experiences
Says Neelam: "I planned almost all aspects of the wedding, took care of all the minute details and really enjoyed doing so. It was all very exciting and now with my experience I am ready to help my friends plan their weddings. Like in all weddings, whether well planned or unplanned, we too had to face some last minute crisis'. The car decorator refused to send anyone to pick up the car. The turban supplier didn't land up. But in both times my brothers were of great help and helped ease matters."

Ronit was shooting a day before the marriage and the day after marriage too. He took a five-day break from Balaji Telefilms and the newly wed couple had a honeymoon break in Goa.

This was Ronit's second marriage. His 12 year old daughter lives with her mother in the US. Ronit also runs a security agency, Ace Security & Protection which he started during a low phase in his acting career. He is currently busy acting in Kyonki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasauti Zindagi Ki.

Ronit and Neelam have set up home in Oshiwara, near Andheri. WeddingSutra wishes them a happy and prosperous married life and great times ahead.

Ronit's security for Aamir-Kiran's wedding

Courtesy: Tushar Joshi, Mid-Day
Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Everyone knows Ronit Roy for his character of Mr Bajaj in 'Kasautii Zindagi Kay', and Mihir Virani in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. But not many know that Roy is also the man who provides protection to Aamir Khan.

Lagaan association

Roy has been closely associated with Aamir since the days of Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. But his professional relations with the actor started in 2001, when Roy's security agency, Ace Security and Protection, was in charge of the actor's film, Lagaan.

"I've known Aamir since his early days and worked with him closely during Lagaan, when I was in charge of providing him with security. My professional relationship with him has continued since then... now, I have the task of making sure his wedding goes off without any glitches."

Cancelled trip

Roy was scheduled to take a trip with his family around the time of Aamir's wedding (in Wai, near Panchgani), on December 27, but cancelled his plans, so he could attend the function. Sources claim the wedding festivities will last a whole a week. "I will be going not only as a family friend, but also with the responsibility of supervising security-related issues," said Roy.

Family invited

Refusing to give details about the location and infrastructure, Roy said, "I cannot give details as it hampers the security work."

Is this the most difficult task Roy will face? "Not really, everything should go as planned." Sources reveal that the entire Roy family, including wife Neelam and baby daughter Aador, is slated to attend the ceremony.

Covered personal tours

"After Lagaan, we have provided security for every event or project Aamir is associated with. In fact, even his personal trips have been made under our cover," says Roy.

So how is Aamir to work with? "He is extremely hard working and professional. There is a lot I have learnt from him; post-Lagaan, he has been responsible for turning my life around in a very positive way."

Viral attack

The actor is recovering from a serious viral attack that made him lose weight. "I don't know exactly what went wrong, but thankfully all my tests were normal. I have recovered and am back to my shoots. I have lost weight, but I am sure I will catch up soon."

Aadorable tyke

Daughter Aador has also been keeping the actor busy. "I missed raising my first daughter, and the whole experience of watching her grow. I can do all that with Aador, and am enjoying every bit of it. She hasn't started speaking yet, but keeps making sounds. The other day, she even said Ma!"

Shweta-Ronit ki unHoli haathapai
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 20, 2006

Shweta Tiwari (left) and Ronit Roy
Even though Holi is over, the colour on Shweta Tiwari's face has yet to fade. The actress had a fight with co-star Ronit Roy on the Kasautii Zindagii  Kay sets on Friday evening, when a routine shoot turned into a major fiasco.

The scene required Roy to put some colour on Tiwari, but she claims he went overboard and stuffed her mouth and ears with gulal.

"I don't know why he did that. All that was asked of him was to apply minimal colour on me. But Ronit was in the mood to play Holi and was running around the sets dousing everyone with colour," says Shweta.

'I pushed him'

Is it true that she punched him? "If someone comes and douses you with colour zabardasti, against your wishes, will you stay quiet? Of course I pushed him, but anyone in my place would do that. I definitely didn't punch him, as he claims," she says.

Tiwari now is shooting in Sri Lanka for a commercial, "The colour is still on my face and despite bathing, isn't going away. I had made it clear that I had to leave that day for Sri Lanka, and was trying to shoot as much as possible. In fact, our director had strictly instructed Ronit to be careful in applying colour on me, despite which he did this," she says.

Adds a source who witnessed the incident, "Ronit already had a wrist injury a few days back. I saw Shweta pushing him and asking him to back off. From where I was standing, I couldn't see any punching."

Set witnesses

Tiwari says the entire Kasautii set was witness to what transpired. "Why don't you go on the set and talk to people. They know who did what. I don't want to give undue importance to the person or the incident."

Meanwhile, Ronit's sole comment was, "I don't want to talk about Shweta Tiwari."

Ronit's panga with Kasautii AD

After we spoke to Shweta on the phone, Subhash, an assistant director with Kasautii Zindagii Kay, came on the line and said that Ronit had become violent with him, too.

"Ronit wanted to apply colour on me. I ran away because I don't enjoy Holi. His driver ran after me, and when Ronit came close, his driver told him that I had told him, 'Tu Ronit Roy ka driver zaroor hoga, lekin mera kya ukhad lega?' At this, Ronit got provoked."

But Ronit denied any incident with Subhash. Then Subhash again came on the line; this time, he recanted. "No violence happened with me. Everything is fine here," he said.

(With inputs by Vickey Lalwani)

Ronit Roy
Profile Rishabh Bajaj in Kasauti Zindagi Ki; Mihir Virani of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi; Kunal Pratap Singh in Sarrkkar
Date Of Birth October 11

Filmography
TV Show About the character

Sarrkkar..Risston Ki Ankahi Kahani
Kunal Pratap Singh : The elder son of the CM, is not intrested in politics but falls prey to the game & is killed

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Mihir Virani (2004-2005) : The eldest grandson of the family, Mihir is Savita and Mansukh's elder son. This MBA is the apple of Savita's eye - and the bone of contention between Savita and Tulsi. Mihir is an honest, down-to-earth, hardworking individual who believes in sweating it out and building from scratch. His emotional anchor is Tulsi, the woman he married, despite parental disapproval.

Kasautii Zindagii Kay
Mr. Bajaj : Illustrous, Wealthy, the second man in Prerna's life.
Cinema will always be first love: Rohit Roy
Subhash K. Jha  [Sunday, January 01, 2006]

Mumbai, Jan 1 (IANS) From the illegitimate heir in the path-breaking soap "Swabhimaan" to the hot-tempered young politician in "Sarrkar", TV star Rohit Roy excels at playing volatile characters.

He has come a long way - from the flop large-screen hero opposite Suchitra Krishnamoorthy in "Jazbaat" to the popular TV celebrity who gets mobbed.

While brother Ronit Roy has chosen to be loyal to Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms, Rohit (who obviously hero-worships his elder brother) has moved outside the Balaji cocoon. There are rumours that he and Ekta don't see eye to eye.

"Both my wife (Manasi Joshi Roy) and I have been part of 'Kkusum', though never at the same time. It's very funny. But by the time Manasi took over as Kkusum I had already left the serial. In fact, I was in and out of 'Kkusum' quite often. But I enjoyed it. I don't mind working in another Balaji soap if the role and set-up seem right. Some people may not like Ekta's way of working. But she runs a multimillion empire. She knows what she's doing. And she's providing rozi-roti (daily bread) to so many out-of-work actors."

Rohit recalls the trauma his brother went through after his career in films failed to take off. "My mother and I went to every possible holy spot to pray for him. Our prayers were unanswered. I'm very proud of what my brother has achieved."

Speaking for himself, Rohit is still hopeful about a film career.

"Cinema will always remain my first love. I can't let go of my dream. I thought Hriday Shetty's 'Plan' last year was my new calling card in Bollywood. The first-half went well. But something went completely wrong in the second half."

Rohit was last seen on big screen in Pritish Nandy Productions' "Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena".

"It was more like a cameo. I did it because I loved director Suparn Verma's script and for Pritish Nandy. They're kind enough to bill me as a guest in the credits. I don't want people to think I'm eager to run back to cinema. I'm happy doing my television, which has given me everything. When I had done 'Swabhimaan' 10 years ago no one was ready for a daily soap. Now with 'Sarrkar' I seem to have come at the right time."

Rohit admits his character in the political soap is patterned on Sanjay Gandhi.

"I'm very uncomfortable doing romantic roles. I like playing volatile characters. I'm quite similar to that character, hot headed, though I've mellowed down a lot after marriage and fatherhood. I don't want my daughter to be embarrassed by anything I do. That's why I select my soaps carefully. No more than one at a time."

He now prepares to go into another soap, Ravi Chopra's "Viraasat" next year. "I guess 'Viraasat' will overlap with 'Sarrkar'. But it's worth it. It's a brilliant subject. And the Chopras are terrific producers. I'm looking forward to it."

He attributes the improvement in his acting skills to his wife. "Manasi comes from a family of actors. She's the actor in our family. I just lucked out. Before she told me how to improve myself I had the vanity to declare I wanted Rohit Roy to be revealed in every character I played. Manasi showed me how to get into character. I'm looking forward to working with her."

He has been told more than once that he seems to be inspired by Rajesh Khanna's style of acting. "Even Anju Mahendrooji, who played my mother, told me during 'Swabhimaan' I reminded her of Rajesh Khanna. But believe me I've never studied his performances. It's just one of those wild coincidences."
Main Sarrkkar hoon, thinks Rohit
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   January 14, 2006

Rohit Roy
High-voltage drama struck the Amar Tara Studio sets (in Powai) where Siddhant Cinevision's Sarrkkar is shot, on Tuesday. Rohit Roy, who plays Karan in the Zee show, was in no mood to shoot.

Tense situation

Reason? The actor had a strong difference of opinion about a particular scene, and found it so difficult to digest that he tried his best to scuttle it.

Heated words were exchanged between the show's creative people and Roy. While Roy argued for a long time, other actors like Tisca Chopra and Maninee were made to cool their heels.

Scene kya tha?

Yana's (Maninee De) evil designs are exposed, and she is asked to leave the household. Urvashi (Tisca Chopra), who has been under a lot of stress owing to Yana's misdeeds, goes forward and asks her to stay.

Fact file

When contacted, Roy admitted he had reservations about the scene, despite the fact that he was not mouthing the lines spoken to stop Yana.

He said, "I have been a part of Sarrkkar from day one, and am deeply involved with every minute detail on the show. Sarrkkar is unarguably my best role on television. I did have reservations about that scene."

Roy felt Urvashi should not ask Yana to stay. "I understand that the antagonist has to stay back, else it's difficult to take the story forward. But how can a person who has been harmed so much as Urvashi, ask her not to go?"

After a long, heated debate, the scene was shot with a minor change. Siddhanth Cinevision and Zee did not agree with Roy's viewpoint.
Said the actor, "A few lines were added. Now Urvashi tells Yana to stay back until she can arrange for accommodation. But I wasn't too happy."

Goswami's denial

Roy says he had to give in to the production house and the channel. "It's okay. These things happen when you are closely involved with a show. I don't think the other actors got angry when I was discussing this with the concerned people."

Strangely, producer Manish Goswami said Roy did not create a ruckus on the sets on Tuesday. "Everything is fine. No such thing happened."

[email protected]

Rohit's roles

The actor has come a long way from his flop screen hero tag opposite Suchitra Krishnamoorthy in Jazbaat. While brother Ronit is loyal to Balaji Telefilms, Rohit has moved out. There are rumours that Ekta and he don't see eye to eye.

Roy acted in Kkusum for a while, when Anuj Saxena was away. Sometime ago, he also did Sanjay Gupta's Plan. He was also seen on the big screen in Pritish Nandy Communications' Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

He is also shooting for Ravi Chopra's Virasat (Star Plus), and will soon host Sahara One's Dial One Aur Jeeto, with Mandira Bedi.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters